Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I was surprised to see it just pop up in my feed. I wonder what the hell I clicked on to get it as a recommendation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Guys the Eagles beat the Patriots tonight

I'm so loving happy aggghahfoihdfapdpofefefefefefefefepra

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I just saw Blacula for the first time and I can confirm that it deserves every bit of hype it gets here.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Baron Bifford strikes from beyond. :ghost:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

There's going to be a 70mm screening of The Wild Bunch here that I hope I can make it to.

Vegetable posted:

I think that was me. It's a great film but maybe the hype made it seem a bit underwhelming in the end. The story makes the film, and I think the filmmaking struggled to do it justice.

Yeah I feel like they could have done a bit more playing with perspective. The whole carpet rolling bit was claustrophobic as gently caress and everything else felt kind of bland, especially in that second half. Still a great movie though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Harime Nui posted:

Guys the Eagles beat the Patriots tonight

I'm so loving happy aggghahfoihdfapdpofefefefefefefefepra

As much as I hate it when the Eagles win, I can't help but smile every time the Patriots lose, so Merry Christmas.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Egbert Souse posted:

I just saw Blacula for the first time and I can confirm that it deserves every bit of hype it gets here.

Scream, Blacula, Scream ain't half bad either.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Spotlight was pretty dope. Probably the best movie about reporters uncovering hidden shifty truths since Zodiac, a film Mark Ruffalo was also in.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Skwirl posted:

As much as I hate it when the Eagles win, I can't help but smile every time the Patriots lose, so Merry Christmas.

I support all Eagles opponents, even the vile cheaters from New England.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The sick irony is I'm going to be rooting for the Cowboys tomorrow

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Zodiac is so loving good. Sorry, I just have to say that every time it gets mentioned.

Reading about Spotlight today made me realize that I need to revisit All The President's Men. I haven't seen it since I was like 12.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Nah gently caress the Eagles but gently caress the Patriots more than anyone else in the NFL.

-A Giants fan

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
My NFL team is the Falcons. On an unrelated note, I can't remember what happiness feels like.

<-- basically this is me on Sundays

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

GonSmithe posted:

Nah gently caress the Eagles but gently caress the Patriots more than anyone else in the NFL.

-A Giants fan

Yo not to suggest I'm some kind of secret Giants fan or anything but OBJ owns I loving loved the drama on that miss, penalty, CRYING ACTUAL TEARS, makes a sick catch on the next play sequence in overtime today

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

Yo not to suggest I'm some kind of secret Giants fan or anything but OBJ owns I loving loved the drama on that miss, penalty, CRYING ACTUAL TEARS, makes a sick catch on the next play sequence in overtime today

Yeah, I wanted to smack him and then hug him in the span of about three seconds, it was pretty cool.

Too bad we decided to miss our first field goal of the season today. Not that we wouldn't have lost to a TD on the return.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Bit late to the bus here but the best shot in House is undeniably the bit where Melody is playing on the piano and the camera pans to show that there's a skeleton in the background just rocking the gently caress out.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Slate Action posted:

My NFL team is the Falcons. On an unrelated note, I can't remember what happiness feels like.

<-- basically this is me on Sundays

I follow the Panthers, it's been extremely weird rooting for a team that I generally trust to win games

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There's a huge storm tomorrow but it doesn't start until around 17:00. The police, firefighters, meteorologists, and basically everyone else has said that no one should be outside after that time and until the storm blows over. On one hand this means I will be able to get to work but on the other hand it means I won't be able to get home very easily since I don´t get off until 17:00.

This is going to be interesting.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The Bears once again prove to be hot garbage

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

FreudianSlippers posted:

There's a huge storm tomorrow but it doesn't start until around 17:00. The police, firefighters, meteorologists, and basically everyone else has said that no one should be outside after that time and until the storm blows over. On one hand this means I will be able to get to work but on the other hand it means I won't be able to get home very easily since I don´t get off until 17:00.

Working from home a possibility?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, The Trip To Italy is dramatically worse than The Trip and I don't think I can explain why or even how the two movies were all that different.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

axleblaze posted:

Man, The Trip To Italy is dramatically worse than The Trip and I don't think I can explain why or even how the two movies were all that different.

I think you answered your own question - the movies are pretty much the same. Maybe you just got tired of the material.

I know I didn't, I love both those movies. I need to track down the original TV series.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Some of the Mexicans in Close Range are clearly Asian.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
That moment when you call your younger brother to see how he's doing and he's in the middle of cooking crack and asks your advice on what ratio of coke to baking soda he should go at in order to stretch it out the most, and you quietly sigh and agree that 2:3 is probably the best way to go and hang up and slink back to your Internet movie message board ashamed of your past and your life and you open the Creed thread hoping it's interesting enough to distract you from whatever it is that you're feeling and lo and behold it is and you're suddenly very thankful to have such a cool place to go to.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

Work from home or see if your boss will let you off an hour early or something.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

morestuff posted:

Working from home a possibility?

I work in a kindergarten. So there is a slight chance we might be closed but since the storm doesn't really start until 90% of kids have gone home I doubt it. Especially since the last time the authorities told everyone to stay home we were open. There were only like 30 kids in total and we stayed inside the entire time. Although that was a much smaller storm it hit in the morning and was accompanied by a shitload of snow that made it impossible for anyone without proper winter tires to get anywhere without getting stuck.

I'm at very least going to get up a bit earlier and call work to see how things will be handled.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How can someone in good conscience remain a James Woods fan?

I can't remember, but did he get weird about jews or am I still thinking about Gary Oldman?

Egbert Souse posted:

Blacula is on Hulu, FYI.

Now everyone can share in the joy.

Egbert Souse posted:

SEE, I TOLD YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm gonna watch Blacula...eventually.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I can't remember, but did he get weird about jews or am I still thinking about Gary Oldman?

That's Oldman. Woods just went full drunk Tea Party uncle.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

William Marshall is very good in both movies and its' a shame people just assume they're bad films cuz of the goofy titles.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

That moment when you call your younger brother to see how he's doing and he's in the middle of cooking crack and asks your advice on what ratio of coke to baking soda he should go at in order to stretch it out the most, and you quietly sigh and agree that 2:3 is probably the best way to go and hang up and slink back to your Internet movie message board ashamed of your past and your life and you open the Creed thread hoping it's interesting enough to distract you from whatever it is that you're feeling and lo and behold it is and you're suddenly very thankful to have such a cool place to go to.
I had something written here but I decided to PM you instead, if you didn't notice yet.

I'm glad you liked Creed, and yeah, there's a nice discussion going on in that thread. I haven't seen it yet so I haven't been reading the spoilers, though I'm probably seeing it Tuesday. Have you seen Fruitvale Station?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Glamorama26 posted:

William Marshall is very good in both movies and its' a shame people just assume they're bad films cuz of the goofy titles.

Even more so since the name of Blacula in the film is meant to be demeaning. I just liked that he ends up being more of a tragic anti-hero.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:smith: We're glad to have you here, bud. Sorry you've got so much poo poo going on. I hope it gets easier for you sooner rather than later.

In other news, I'm like a half hour into watching Fateful Findings (the Neil Breen movie) and I'm fairly certain this is worse than Birdemic. It's just garbage. Some of it is entertaining garbage and some of it is just pure steaming garbage.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Sorry to hear it, man. Nobody ought to be involved with that poo poo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Glamorama26 posted:

It's the only way to have done it, play it completely straight.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

pretty sure that one is on youtube, evne tho blacula gets dinged instantly

hmmm i learned a valuable lesson about crack today

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Literally The Worst posted:

hmmm i learned a valuable lesson about crack today
That it's whack?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That it's whack?

.....sure

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0

viper is a man who sells and smokes crack cocaine and raps about selling and smoking crack cocaine. viper keeps it very real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHFnc_eV4Lg

• Locked thread