Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I finished all three of HB's missions before even starting them and it still wasn't fast enough for the fucker :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Prone are asscaves.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
BTW people should buy the guide

not only is it a limited printing, but Gamefaqs won't have a proper guide up for months.

or get the digital guide for your phone or whatever.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

About swapping classes: am I right in saying that your art/skill setup is saved for if/when you swap back, but your weapon will be reset to that class' default set if you didn't already have class-appropriate weapons equipped?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

The map is telling me about a heart-to-heart with Irina in the industrial district that appears at night. I'm standing there now, I have Irina in my party, it's night, there's nothing in this map segment to interact with. How is this supposed to work?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The artbook's really nice too but unfortunately there's art spread across two pages and one really tight central binding.

Incidentally I assume I got some huge spoilers from reading it but at the point I'm at (post-chapter 5 and where the gently caress am I able to edit my avatar) they're still incredibly meaningless to me.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

The map is telling me about a heart-to-heart with Irina in the industrial district that appears at night. I'm standing there now, I have Irina in my party, it's night, there's nothing in this map segment to interact with. How is this supposed to work?

Take her out of your party, she'll show up as an NPC.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Motto posted:

Take her out of your party, she'll show up as an NPC.

What

Dammit, that's exactly the opposite of how it works in the previous game, maybe telling the player about that would be nice :argh:

Edit: and then I have go and find her again if I want her back in the party again afterwards, don't I? Lovely

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Here's my dude by the way

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm really confused at why chapter 5 has me specifically destroy level 16 turrets while being surrounded by level 20-28 creatures.

The big bot things I can take down with my group, but I'm barely level 20...

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm not crazy in that there's no way to equip arts for other classes, even earlier in the tree? When I swapped from Drifter at 10 I only had two arts and combat got really boring for a while. Thought it was a little dumn, then it happened again when I went up to the next rank.

There are a lot of incredibly-easy things to miss mechanically in this game because the UI is so hosed. I only noticed like 15 hours in that you can filter the inventory in shops by 'usable.' There's no way to sort gear by level or statistics, right? You can do sub menu - equip strongest gear but I have no idea what it thinks is strongest.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just got to Oblivio and my first 10 seconds is watching my team and all the wildlife just randomly die for no apparent reason

Is this a thing here? Is some glitch going on? This is so loving weird

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

NmareBfly posted:

I'm not crazy in that there's no way to equip arts for other classes, even earlier in the tree? When I swapped from Drifter at 10 I only had two arts and combat got really boring for a while. Thought it was a little dumn, then it happened again when I went up to the next rank.

There are a lot of incredibly-easy things to miss mechanically in this game because the UI is so hosed. I only noticed like 15 hours in that you can filter the inventory in shops by 'usable.' There's no way to sort gear by level or statistics, right? You can do sub menu - equip strongest gear but I have no idea what it thinks is strongest.

You have to get to level 10 tier 3 to use that classes weapons in any class. Then you just equip then as normal.

Artes are tied to weapon type so if you equip a Raygun after maxing Mastermind as a drifter you lose all Assault rifle artes and get the Raygun ones.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just got to Oblivio and my first 10 seconds is watching my team and all the wildlife just randomly die for no apparent reason

Is this a thing here? Is some glitch going on? This is so loving weird

It's an electromagnetic storm. Without weather proof augments on equipment, it will kill you.

Any time that happens I just fast travel somewhere else and come back, usually it's gone.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
In their excitement to scam money off the humans, the chipmunk people sell equipment sets that make chicks into magical girls, complete with weapons that look like angel wings.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

So is subterfuge worth using? I'm not sure how effective debuf res down is.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The more I hear Black Tar the more I like it.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The more I hear Black Tar the more I like it.

I need a bigger gun :(

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

horriblePencilist posted:

Here's my dude by the way

How the gently caress has no one else commented on this dudes amazing anime cyborg Freddie Mercury yet?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

chaosapiant posted:

How the gently caress has no one else commented on this dudes amazing anime cyborg Freddie Mercury yet?

I must admit, the cutscene at the end of Chapter 5 was a little bit confusing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

chaosapiant posted:

Ah, that's who it was reminding me of! I couldn't put my finger on it so I didn't say anything.
Yeah Freddie Mercury with robot arms is great,

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
What are the odds of a text-size patch being implemented? This poo poo actually hurts and I don't want to eventually get another couple millimeters added to my glasses lenses because of a single video game. Normally it takes several!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently they censored the butt thong sumo pants too (for all characters)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am passed chapter 3 at 10 hours and I am enjoying myself, even if some things in the game really needs you to wrap your head around it.

Do I need to worry about locking myself out of side quests as I progress in the main storyline?

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Zore posted:

In Order

1) The other party members show up on your map. All the main story dudes who have affinity quests lines and factor into the story (There are 8 who all unlock by the end of Chapter 5) will be hanging around the Administration District, people you get from sidequests tend to be in the other areas but it will show up on the map.

2) You can only accept 20 missions at a time from the board so just pick the ones that you wanna do.

3) No, its random. If you keep fast travelling it'll reroll

4) Dunban's playstyle is spread out a bit. Galactic Knights get a lot of melee combo attacks and Auras, while Gun Samurai have some of his tanking stuff. Nothing is going to be 1:1 because of the dual melee/ranged weapons and artes though, but what are you looking for? Shitkicker, Tank, Debuff inflictor?

Thanks for all the answers. In regard to your final question I'm mostly looking for complex shitkicker. I hate not doing things in battle. I typically played Dunban as DPS, not tank.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I am wringing what little dressup fun I can out of this game's clothing and armor options, which so far have been terrible. I have taken the ribbons from a stupid bikini outfit I found, and repurposed them as friendship armbands. Also, everyone is wearing racer-back tank tops, because they reflect my sporty on-the-go lifestyle.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Supercar Gautier posted:

I am wringing what little dressup fun I can out of this game's clothing and armor options, which so far have been terrible. I have taken the ribbons from a stupid bikini outfit I found, and repurposed them as friendship armbands. Also, everyone is wearing racer-back tank tops, because they reflect my sporty on-the-go lifestyle.

The armor is great if you just embrace anime and put everyone in robot suits

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I find that robot pants plus tank top is a winning combo and extremely anime. It's got this vibe that's like "Hoo, it sure is very hot inside that mech I just climbed out of"

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Can't wait til I'm strong enough to come back to this stupid rain forest and kill all of these assholes for making me sneak around so much.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm doing chapter 5 and gently caress if I know how to do it.

I'm like, level 21 because I blew up one turret and now it checkpointed me between two huge mech monsters. I lucked out and snuck to the second turret but when I try to cross a bridge to get to the 3rd a level 35+ walker somehow see's me across the entire map and two shots me. Like it's range for seeing me is loving absuuurd.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm sitting here in NLA while I finish up some homework, and the day to night transitioned synced up with the music perfectly one - two - three - YEUH

Black Tar is a little more agreeable in-game when you can barely hear the lyrics but I'm getting sick of it already. The other fight themes (rare, boss, etc.) are really good though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Brackhar posted:

Thanks for all the answers. In regard to your final question I'm mostly looking for complex shitkicker. I hate not doing things in battle. I typically played Dunban as DPS, not tank.

Galactic Knight/Full Metal Jaguar probably fit that the best.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Is the install (not the dl) supposed to take like 40+ mins or is my external drive acting up?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
welp, just lost a few hours of progress because i disconnected from the server. hope they fix that soon.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Inflammatory posted:

welp, just lost a few hours of progress because i disconnected from the server. hope they fix that soon.

I get disconnected from the server and the game just keeps playing fine. :confused:

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

This is the second time I've seen this and I don't understand how.

I get disconnected all the time cause my internet sucks at the moment and have never lost progress.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i guess it might've been something else, but i dunno what. i was just messing around with skell gear and then got dumped back at the start screen without warning.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I get disconnected all the time and just keep doing whatever I was doing

Speaking of, is there any way to reconnect without restarting the game?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Looper posted:

I get disconnected all the time and just keep doing whatever I was doing

Speaking of, is there any way to reconnect without restarting the game?

If there is, I haven't found it. At least you can quit to title from the menu rather than go through the wii u, but still kinda lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Maybe it has to do with the squad you pick every time you start the game?

• Locked thread