Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wake up people he's trying to trick us into this whole no guns for people on the no fly list so he can outlaw flight in the United States and bring back the rails.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Yeah, yeah, some bad guys, influenced by a strange form of isLAM, did some bad stuff, BUT DONT BLAME ISLAM EVER AND LOVE ALL MUSLIMS, SHAME ON YOU IF YOU DON’T. Gd bless Americans who love Muslims and screw the rest.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Nichael posted:

Didn't they do it long before 2001 though? Was that just a case of selective acceptance of reality because I'm certain the practice didn't start with Bush.

Yes. That's why I talked about it in the context of Bush: complaining about "not respecting the office" is something both sides only do when it's convenient.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
I can't help but feeling that Obama's call to not be a dick to Muslims is just going to make things worse.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Yeah, yeah, some bad guys, influenced by a strange form of isLAM, did some bad stuff, BUT DONT BLAME ISLAM EVER AND LOVE ALL MUSLIMS, SHAME ON YOU IF YOU DON’T. Gd bless Americans who love Muslims and screw the rest.

more like isLAME heh :smuggo:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Which one? 3? Because even if it's passed, that one's not getting the required funding and it's only going to dissuade travel to the US further.

The third proposal is the only one that could theoretically get through Congress at this point in Obama's term. It probably won't, given current dysfunction, but the President's other proposals have no chance of going anywhere. No one in the Republican Party will vote for gun restrictions and there's no way Congress is going to firm consensus around an AUMF.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Perhaps you're thinking of Slim Moon?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The only time passion enters into his voice is when he mentions islam.

I bet by February 2017 the “announcement” will be made on the View or Oprah show that he’s “converted” to it

islam is pretty great. kill yourself, infidel

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I put MIGF on ignore, did it get banned and reincarnated as this? loving hell.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

blue squares posted:

I put MIGF on ignore, did it get banned and reincarnated as this? loving hell.

Just respond with "Shut up, Meg" and move on, it's part of the gimmick.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I actually liked the Republican proposal on the no-guns-for-no-fly-list issue (the Cornyn amendment), which was to have a 72 review rather than a ban.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Silver Nitrate posted:

I can't help but feeling that Obama's call to not be a dick to Muslims is just going to make things worse.

I was thinking much the same earlier today. Bush could call for tolerance for Muslims and get conservatives to largely follow as the leader of the flock. But Obama doesn't speak for conservatives. Only a real conservative leader (Trump, really) could call for tolerance and get it. If anything, Obama calling for tolerance guarantees that we'll see anything but thanks to the "do the exact opposite of whatever Obama says" contingent.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Silver Nitrate posted:

I'm just glad that somebody's saying that. Can you imagine the horror if he just hauked off and said "gently caress em all" ?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Any violence done to Muslims after this will be on the hands of right wing rhetoric and not Obama declaring something, just as it was before this. As fun as it is to believe that the right would all die minutes after Obama said he loves oxygen sooooo much, fact is this is a product of their worldview and not a reaction to his.

Anybody have a link to Rubio's response?

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 7, 2015

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Obamas speech was very good in terms of content. He really does not get enough credit I think.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I was thinking much the same earlier today. Bush could call for tolerance for Muslims and get conservatives to largely follow as the leader of the flock. But Obama doesn't speak for conservatives. Only a real conservative leader (Trump, really) could call for tolerance and get it. If anything, Obama calling for tolerance guarantees that we'll see anything but thanks to the "do the exact opposite of whatever Obama says" contingent.

So be it. If there's going to be a religious war in this country, then I'd prefer there be bright lines between the two sides. I want to fight for religious liberty rather than just fighting against horrible right wing poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Silver Nitrate posted:

Thats out fault. Not Obama's.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
Keep bombin'! I'm sure if we bomb "terrorism" long enough we'll win! :patriot:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Can we just start calling it The Forever War.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

There is no winning.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Perhaps we've gotten as close to peace as possible with the whole constant aerial bombing tactic. I mean, even if it could do anything, surely it's exhausted its war ending utility?

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

The book by the same title was way cooler than this poo poo.

euphronius posted:

There is no winning.

I know, that was kind of the joke.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Some surprisingly good analysis from subject matter experts on CNN.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

This is dumb as hell. What are they going to do, start a sharing economy of terrorism?

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Silver Nitrate posted:

This is dumb as hell

In addition: Techies can go stuff themselves.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Time to sic Anonymous on ISIS officially. Unleash the goon horde!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Silver Nitrate posted:

This is dumb as hell. What are they going to do, start a sharing economy of terrorism?

We are really going to miss Obama.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

President Obama was too good for this land of terror & gander mountains.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Hollismason posted:

We could get peace forever...

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Silver Nitrate posted:

Takfr, the Tinder of Salafists

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm going to launch a campaign of negative Yelp reviews against ISIS.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEXDVk3KkAI

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

.....:stare:....

Shut up Meg. Unless you allow us to do the same to American Fundamentalist Christians, then, good job Meg!

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Silver Nitrate posted:

The government is trying to scare VCs away, in the hopes that a down round for ISIS will hamper their growth.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Slate Action posted:

Ted Cruz to be burned at the stake.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind Obama getting a 3rd term if this happened.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

From a few pages back but everyone needs to watch this. It's loving brutal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I enjoyed Obamas sly reference to the religious right and the pro life movement.

I mean the christian right. He obviously referenced the Islam right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Silver Nitrate posted:

Technological unemployment will stop ISIS!!

But seriously there are so many ways using technology to try to alter other places' politics/society can go unbelievably, hopelessly wrong.

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 7, 2015

• Locked thread