Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tab8715 posted:

If you que solo, are you matched against another team of solo que'd players?
No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ektor
Oct 16, 2007
I'm a game dev on R6 Siege.

So if you want to have your favorite exploit being fixed, send me a pm, I promise that I will personnally spank the right peoples to make it happening.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Ektor posted:

So if you want to have your favorite exploit being fixed, send me a pm, I promise that I will personnally spank the right peoples to make it happening.

Just want to say that I really enjoy this game and haven'thad this much fun with a shooter since my counter strike 1.5 days. Dying actually means something.

And thanks for not including a team death,arch mode with spawns that would have inevitably been the default game mode for 99% of,people leaving the core game a wasteland. A real breath of fresh air for me.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ektor posted:

How do we know that your uncle does not work at Nintendo?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

terrorist hunt owns

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Ektor posted:

Wait is this sarcasm or have you been holding out?

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Kanish posted:

And thanks for not including a team death,arch mode with spawns that would have inevitably been the default game mode for 99% of,people leaving the core game a wasteland. A real breath of fresh air for me.

That would be the worst, don't do this.

The game is basically perfect. Maybe have a defender character that can place cameras around? That'd be cool. Don't nerf shields.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

People were tasing me with a camera bot? How do I do this?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ethanol posted:

People were tasing me with a camera bot? How do I do this?
There is French GIGN attacker operator, Twitch. Her ability is to launch drones that can break traps and shock people.

Edit: v

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 7, 2015

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

kalstrams posted:

There is French GIGN attacker operator, Twitch. His ability is to launch drones that can break traps and shock people.

Her twitch is a she damnit!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh, m'lady. :tipshat:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
This game took a bit for me to come around to but I have to say it's a pretty good rainbow six game. If they had put in the development time to make a proper single player campaign it would be up there with vegas in terms of "ok I know we won't get a rogue spear but this is pretty cool"

I wish there was a no hud ~*tactical shooter*~ mode but the gameplay is pretty fun and scratches that sneaky low ttk tense no resplendent itch in a way hardcore snd does not in call of duty

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

causticBeet posted:

I wish there was a no hud ~*tactical shooter*~ mode but the gameplay is pretty fun and scratches that sneaky low ttk tense no resplendent itch in a way hardcore snd does not in call of duty

I'm pretty sure you can turn off the HUD in the options. There's three options if I remember right.

I wish attackers would be more tactical, but I guess that's what I get for touching the stove.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Doctor_Acula posted:

I'm pretty sure you can turn off the HUD in the options. There's three options if I remember right.

I wish attackers would be more tactical, but I guess that's what I get for touching the stove.

I'm sure, it's just not the same as when it's the de facto mode of play for everyone.

I heard ranked play has less hud elements? Can anyone confirm? What else is different in ranked? I know you get to vote for your spot, are there any other modifications?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ranked disables a few of the HUD notifications, such as being spotted by a camera or drone or if you destroy traps. It also doesn't show if you've wounded someone or caused friendly fire. It still shows objective locations if you've found it though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ektor posted:

Please add a gun inspect button a la CSGO style so that we may get shot while ogling at our skins.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also add more skins that turn our guns into technicolor nerf guns, also like csgo

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
They're doing a AMA today at 4pm est, https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3v6gw6/rainbow_six_siege_developer_ama_on_december_7th/

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Great Beer posted:

Ranked disables a few of the HUD notifications, such as being spotted by a camera or drone or if you destroy traps. It also doesn't show if you've wounded someone or caused friendly fire. It still shows objective locations if you've found it though.

Doesn't disable the spotted messages, and that is an often requested change.

My favorite part of ranked, which isn't a HUD change, is the longer matches that don't restrict you to one round (i.e. only attack/defense) in overtime. And of course, the ability to choose where to spawn.

Ranked right now is loving amazing; most players actually take their time to attack, listen and coordinate. It's too bad it takes forever to find a match sometimes.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I really need to get out of casual.

Had one round where open mic someone called me a oval office and to get out of their game to their friend because I was level 26 and apparently that means you're not allowed to hit casual ever again.

Another game someone got mad at "my tactics" and plotted to TK me because I was too run and gun for them as bandit/ash, even though I was easily mvp. Fortunately they got kicked thanks again to open mic bug.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Personally i find this game stressful enough without it actively ranking my performance as well. Plus there's that whole issue where i'm the only person on my friends list that owns this to begin with so...

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
You can ignore the first part. I mean, does it honestly matter? Are you going to feel bad if you perceive your rank or your stats as too low? At least it means you get to fight people of roughly similar skill instead of lumping a random set of 10 players together.

Then again the only thing I find 'stressful' about the game is the netcode and that isn't going to change whether I'm playing casual or ranked.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!

Krogort posted:

Hitmarker on head, not a single HP lost.
gently caress this netcode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rIivNUARkE

This is a bit late, but it's actually a display bug on his HP. You killed eachother (that's why you got the X when you shot him).

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiXJNJ9stiM

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ektor posted:

Is this real?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ektor posted:

please reformat the pregame character select screens so that the map and gamemode are displayed somewhere on the screen all the time instead of just a brief image in the beginning.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ektor posted:

:eyepop:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Please add a G3A3 to this video game. Thank you.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

pandaK posted:

please reformat the pregame character select screens so that the map and gamemode are displayed somewhere on the screen all the time instead of just a brief image in the beginning.
Someone PM him this

Krogort fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 7, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

To be honest the only flaw I have with this game is there's no real option to customize terrorist hunt. Give me that and it's a 10/10 game

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Krogort posted:

Someone MP him this

Is this from a mod? Any chance you could provide a link? I did some quick Googling but didn't find anything.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Lynx posted:

Is this from a mod? Any chance you could provide a link? I did some quick Googling but didn't find anything.

It's a mockup.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It's some mock up that's bad and cluttered. Just add the map and mode to the corner and add icons for loadout under each operator so you know what everyone's bringing.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Volt Catfish posted:

To be honest the only flaw I have with this game is there's no real option to customize terrorist hunt. Give me that and it's a 10/10 game

What specifically do you think is missing? I just bought this and had an amazing four hours fly past as me and a goon buddy did non-stop T-hunt. We had it set so it was just us, no randoms. We could disable certain modes so we started with classic T-hunt only, then added in bomb defusal and hostage extraction to mix things up. Just being able to play as a duo and set our "playlist" of modes was enough for us but we're easily pleased.

Game owns btw. Our favourite moment was after entering a house and clearing some rooms to cover our rear, some terrorists went outside and smashed their way in to flank us from a direction we thought was safe. We did not expect that to happen. So, so good.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Volt Catfish posted:

Bot mode customization is unfortunately a very rare thing nowadays. In fact, barring corner cases of ambitious indie games, the last game I remember letting you do more than set the number/difficulty of bots is Timesplitters: Future Perfect, and that was what, a decade ago?

That's not to say I don't want that stuff for TH, because I'm in complete agreement with the sentiment. I barely give any fucks about the PVP but there's something uniquely appealing about Terrorist Hunt that I haven't seen in co-op games in a long time now, and I really hope that their ESPORTS™ fascination won't make Ubi completely ignore TH from here on out. I want some expansions and a fair few patches to round out the potential for cool co-op freewheeling tactics.

I've already met a surprising amount of friendly cool people in Hunt pubbies, too, some of whom I'm now playing with regularly and have already pulled all-nighters with, which is kind of nuts considering the current climate of online public gaming, but also exemplifies why I play loads of co-op games but don't touch PVP with a ten foot pole.

At worst I've met one singular person who was 4chanredditgaf.jpg and I'm sure his respective edgy-jaded thread will love how much he's spiting the man by paying full price for the game spouting "lol ubisoft" memes before teamkilling us and getting kicked within the span of ten seconds.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It would be nice if on the postgame screen of a TH round, you could vote to change the difficulty - there's been a few times I've been matched with a great team on hard, and it would be nice to bump it up to realistic to add a little (a lot) more challenge.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Really enjoying this game so far on PS4, if anyone wants to group up add me as Livethebruce on PSN.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So how does the game actually play? My favorite R6 was probably Raven Shield so the Vegas stuff was fun enough but not quite what I was looking for. A proper tactilol game would be really great though.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

mobby_6kl posted:

So how does the game actually play? My favorite R6 was probably Raven Shield so the Vegas stuff was fun enough but not quite what I was looking for. A proper tactilol game would be really great though.

Imagine if SWAT 4 and CoD Black Ops had a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Yeah it doesn't really play like old R6 games at all from what I remember of them, its gunplay is similar to CoD/BF games though there is more recoil, and there is a good mix of close quarters and more medium range stuff. It is still pretty tactical though even having just 1 person you are coordinating with can make a massive difference. It's almost like Counter Strike with CODs gunplay on smaller, more vertical/destructible levels.

Another thing worth noting is that on consoles there is no form of aim assist at all in the versus MP. It ends up working fine with the slower pace of the game and all but it can take a bit of getting used to if you are used to games that have it. Overall this game has some issues but the core gameplay is fun as hell and if they get the servers/hitreg working a bit better it will be amazing.

Also here is a vid of me doing the worst clutch play in the world https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkL3W9FhCMA

• Locked thread