Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone please explain to me the mysteries of Todd Gurley and DeAndre Hopkins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
So my commissioner reversed all the drops from the guy who dumped his entire team for IR players, but didn't do like he promised and set the lineup. So the guy i'm competing with for the last playoff spot still gets a free game. Is this worth making a big thing about? He swore up and down he'd resolve this fairly and in a way that doesn't impact the league but he clearly loving lied.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They didn't reverse any games when the Colts played Curtis Painter for a whole season

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Murphy Brownback posted:

So my commissioner reversed all the drops from the guy who dumped his entire team for IR players, but didn't do like he promised and set the lineup. So the guy i'm competing with for the last playoff spot still gets a free game. Is this worth making a big thing about? He swore up and down he'd resolve this fairly and in a way that doesn't impact the league but he clearly loving lied.

If he said he'd set the lineup, then absolutely.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Spoeank posted:

If he said he'd set the lineup, then absolutely.

I told him about th e dumping, and he directly told me if he can't convince the guy to do it himself, he'd set the lineup himself. He is now arguing with me that the main concern was people picking up his best players, and if he chooses to tank his last games that's his choice. But no it loving isn't, it's explicitly in the rules you can't do that.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, that's horseshit but there's going to be hell trying to figure out who should have started. Somebody is going to be royally pissed by the end of the day. Good luck.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Murphy Brownback posted:

I told him about th e dumping, and he directly told me if he can't convince the guy to do it himself, he'd set the lineup himself. He is now arguing with me that the main concern was people picking up his best players, and if he chooses to tank his last games that's his choice. But no it loving isn't, it's explicitly in the rules you can't do that.

Yeah if he said he would set the lineup then he should have set the loving lineup. FantasyPros consensus rankings is the best way to do it. Pick the best QB, best TE, and the fill out the remaining slots by order as per flex rankings.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah if he said he would set the lineup then he should have set the loving lineup. FantasyPros consensus rankings is the best way to do it. Pick the best QB, best TE, and the fill out the remaining slots by order as per flex rankings.

The whole thing feels bizarre to me. I raised what I think is a legitimate complaint - people who intentionally tank games should not be in our fantasy football leagues for money - but he is saying 99% of people would do the same thing if they were out of contention. Maybe I'm just in the 1%, but I'd still at least set my lineup just out of sportsmanship and with the bonus of screwing the fringe playoff teams out of a spot.

e: vv the worst part is he's a very close friend and I hate being mad at him but I think I have to. If money wasn't involved I wouldn't care, but it is.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 6, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If he told you 99% of people would tank and drop their whole teams then he's a disingenuous gently caress face and was convinced by other owners to not set the lineup.

I didn't realize how loving terrible some commishes can be.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nobody tanks in any league, it's completely against the rules and spirit of the game. He's wrong and he should correct it immediately.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Spoeank posted:

I didn't realize how loving terrible some commishes can be.

Seriously, some of the poo poo I read in this thread is just baffling. I've never had commish issues in any of my leagues. Who are all of these assholes?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The best part about having Bortles and Dalton is that it feels like there's no wrong choice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There is a non-zero chance that the Baltimore Ravens will be starting Jimmy Clausen for the foreseeable future. I just dropped Gore to stash the Steelers DST just in case.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not watching the game, but what in the gently caress is Bortles doing, and how can a man named Bortles be so awesome?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

sector_corrector posted:

I'm not watching the game, but what in the gently caress is Bortles doing, and how can a man named Bortles be so awesome?

Blake Bortles is a fantastic name and Bortles will also be my son's name.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I really would never play this for money because as soon as that's invoked people become assholes and ruin it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Blake Bortles is a fantastic name and Bortles will also be my son's name.

Bortles becomes 2016's top baby name.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RBX posted:

I really would never play this for money

youre doing this wrong

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
A blocked PAT should count as a PAT missed for a kicker on Yahoo, right?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
big ups to jay cutler, jarvis landry, and adrian peterson for not showing up today and knocking me out of the playoffs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You shoulda gotten a better TE to make up for it.

(kidding)

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
In ESPN 12 team, with 6 playoff teams and 2 divisions, do the first -round BYE's go to the winners of each division or just the best 2 records overall? I had the worst game of the year against the guy who could overtake me for #2 overall, still leaving me at #1 in my division. Could really use this BYE considering how poo poo my team has been the last few games.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I don't know who Allen Robinson is, but he scored 43 points for my opponent today. He also has Aaron Rodgers, but no one else on his team has done much, but because I started Landry I'm going to lose.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Allen Robinson rules sorry about you not knowing that.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Spoeank posted:

Allen Robinson rules sorry about you not knowing that.

Apparently.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
By some weird miracle I'm winning my game right now 85-82 in the first round of the playoffs. I was projected to only get 68 points and I didn't have much hope. The guy I'm playing still has DeAngelo Williams left to play, I've got Alfred Morris (gently caress) and the Cowboys defense. The Redskins defense is available, do you guys think I should drop the Cowboys' defense for Washinton's?

They're both projected to do about the same, but from what I've seen of the Cowboys defense the last few weeks, they're looking pretty worn out. I don't know much about Washington's, but it sounds like they're on an uptick, and going against Matt Cassel.

edit: I just noticed that James White, who is on my bench, had a monster game.

:negative:

GAYS FOR DAYS fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 7, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Did you just wake up from a coma and rush to your computer to check your fantasy football match?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

By some weird miracle I'm winning my game right now 85-82 in the first round of the playoffs. I was projected to only get 68 points and I didn't have much hope. The guy I'm playing still has DeAngelo Williams left to play, I've got Alfred Morris (gently caress) and the Cowboys defense. The Redskins defense is available, do you guys think I should drop the Cowboys' defense for Washinton's?

They're both projected to do about the same, but from what I've seen of the Cowboys defense the last few weeks, they're looking pretty worn out. I don't know much about Washington's, but it sounds like they're on an uptick, and going against Matt Cassel.

I'd play Washington DST over Dallas, yeah. Cousins has been doing pretty well lately, DJax and Reed are healthy.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Thank you, Emmanuel Sanders, for being totally useless and making me lose by two points.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

BigFactory posted:

Did you just wake up from a coma and rush to your computer to check your fantasy football match?

He plays for the jags, this is my first year playing fantasy football, and when I last played this dude it was a bye week for Robinson, so sure. I don't have him, he wasn't available as a free agent so no I didn't know who he was. Keeping him in mind for next year though.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

cool kids inc. posted:

He plays for the jags, this is my first year playing fantasy football, and when I last played this dude it was a bye week for Robinson, so sure. I don't have him, he wasn't available as a free agent so no I didn't know who he was. Keeping him in mind for next year though.

Pay close attention to the Jags next year, both in Fantasy and actual football.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Vargo posted:

Pay close attention to the Jags next year, both in Fantasy and actual football.

Jaguars are cool.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

cool kids inc. posted:

Pro tip for next year, pay attention to more than your own team and free agents

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

District Selectman posted:

It's not like he's even a fringe player. He's a top 10 wide receiver with a top 10 QB throwing to him.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I am convinced that if Hurns had played today, the Jags would have won, and so would I.

drat you concussion protocol.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Playing for the bye this week, since the playoff spot's already clinched for me, but please tell me more about how I'm doing it wrong. I'm sorry I didn't take into account this player 13 weeks ago during the draft and I don't masturbate over every excellent player I don't have access to. I don't see a point.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Good for you cool kids inc, we are all very impressed

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

cool kids inc. posted:

Playing for the bye this week, since the playoff spot's already clinched for me, but please tell me more about how I'm doing it wrong. I'm sorry I didn't take into account this player 13 weeks ago during the draft and I don't masturbate over every excellent player I don't have access to. I don't see a point.

Trading players is a thing

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Good for you cool kids inc, we are all very impressed

You're very upset about the fact that I didn't know one dude in the entirety of the NFL, is all I'm saying.

Edit: As for trading players, it wasn't necessary (caveat: this season), which is what I was trying to say with the "Clenched playoffs, playing for bye" thing, not necessarily in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cool kids inc. posted:

You're very upset about the fact that I didn't know one dude in the entirety of the NFL, is all I'm saying.

Edit: As for trading players, it wasn't necessary (caveat: this season), which is what I was trying to say with the "Clenched playoffs, playing for bye" thing, not necessarily in general.

I mean, you seem p dickish with your response to someone telling you to pay attention to other players besides your own in a fantasy football thread. :psyduck:

• Locked thread