Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
So yeah I uh submitted huge files so when it comes to printing just get at me if the ones I sent need to be fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Same, I think my zip was 80mb.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Is there some need to send super-large files, and I hosed up? At 300dpi and you're talking about a 3000x2000 pixel image for 10" on the longest side for a 8x12 ratio image. That should end up like 5-7MBs per image or so.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Honestly, super massive files are totally fine but also unnecessary. If I need something resubmitted I'll chase you up.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I bet my 150MB photos pale in comparison to the LF guys'.
But yea, mine are RGB, I just remembered. It's a drive link so I can swap them out for CMYK versions.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I think my print ready shots are like under 5mb so I was really puzzled by all the Dropbox links. But I guess you guys are all submitting full res photos.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I submitted 95% JPEGs no larger than like 2400px in any dimension since it's a zine and not like National Geographic

if y'all need something bigger lemme know

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

Sent my JPEGs, let me know if my pictures are garbage need resizing or anything.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Aaaand just sent em in, 16bit 3000px tall rgb tiffs.

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Just sent mine in, 2000px JPGs. Happy to resend if necessary.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I have a 30D, my full-res photos are still like 6mb haha.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Mido posted:

I submitted 95% JPEGs no larger than like 2400px in any dimension since it's a zine and not like National Geographic

if y'all need something bigger lemme know

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
Sent mine. Sorry you have to look at them

PushingKingston
Feb 25, 2005

What a BEARtiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun.
Submitted as well

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Starting to look at all of your garbage today.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

ansel autisms posted:

sorry

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

ansel autisms posted:

Enjoy your drinking.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

If he doesn't come out of this with PTSD I'll eat my hat.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

bobmarleysghost posted:

If he doesn't come out of this with PTSD I'll eat my hat.

:toxx:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGcWTIWYDMQ&hd=1

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Booze for the curator isn't in the budget?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Dren posted:

Booze for the curator isn't in the budget?

Ansel's in Portland, right? If he makes it up to Seattle, or I manage to drag my projector down there for a Dorkroom party, I'm up for buying him a good drink. Something cask-strength, I expect.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
The selection process is underway...

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

MrBlandAverage posted:

DONT DOXX ME!!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mido posted:

DONT DOXX ME!!

too late, goons are coming for those fries (or whatever is in the bag)

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
oh gently caress

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

Uncalibrated TV will ruin my sublime and delicate tones of my masterworks!
Now I am not making the cut for sure!
At least I will have an explanation for being robbed of this magnificent opportunity.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Putrid Grin posted:

Uncalibrated TV will ruin my sublime and delicate tones of my masterworks!
Now I am not making the cut for sure!
At least I will have an explanation for being robbed of this magnificent opportunity.

lol if you think those hypernerds don't calibrate their tv

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

MrBlandAverage posted:

no true goon would drink calorie-free coke.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

HookShot posted:

no true goon would drink calorie-free coke.

that's why I'm drinking an IPA

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

ansel autisms posted:

that's why I'm drinking an IPA

Keep drinking. Few more, and my photos will start looking good.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
Is there going to be some sort of response by email as to whether or not we made the cut, and if so, which photographs?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

McMadCow posted:

Is there going to be some sort of response by email as to whether or not we made the cut, and if so, which photographs?

No need for you to worry. lovely photos won't make it.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

Pukestain Pal posted:

No need for you to worry. lovely photos won't make it.

I appreciate the kind words, but I was asking because I just got better scans of two of the shots I submitted, which were large darkroom prints. I was hoping to be able to replace the files if they're selected.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

McMadCow posted:

I'm working on collating all of my picks into an easy file for elgarbo. Once that's done I'll try to respond to each email with submissions that made it and he can take over and request higher res/better scans if needed. Emails will probably go out sometime this weekend.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

ansel autisms posted:

I'm working on collating all of my picks into an easy file for elgarbo. Once that's done I'll try to respond to each email with submissions that made it and he can take over and request higher res/better scans if needed. Emails will probably go out sometime this weekend.

Thanks for the update! Two of the shots I submitted were digital photos of prints, and in the interim I got them large-format scanned. The new files should be a lot more appropriate for publication.

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

McMadCow posted:

Thanks for the update! Two of the shots I submitted were digital photos of prints, and in the interim I got them large-format scanned. The new files should be a lot more appropriate for publication.
Did you not see the post on page 3? Autisms is rephotographing our submissions with his Mavica and the zine will be printed from those files.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Ric posted:

Did you not see the post on page 3? Autisms is rephotographing our submissions with his Mavica and the zine will be printed from those files.

No, he's reprocessing them with Gimp.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Pukestain Pal posted:

No, he's reprocessing them with Gimp.

you misread that email, he's reprocessing them while wearing a gimp suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

I thought that was being farmed out to me....? WTF did I buy this gimp suit for?!

• Locked thread