Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

nomadologique posted:

lol they takin pix of their old dead phone with their new phone, this is a clever form of bragging

Actually those are all troll accounts and false flag tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The last one is someone blowing vape smoke on a perfectly fine phone.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Prorat posted:

That's what it is. I thought it was dry ice or something, I couldn't wrap my head around it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Prorat posted:

The last one is a pussy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My sister-in-law got super defensive when I said she was a millenial.

She looked up from playing Catbook on her iphone to tell me "I was born in 1980."

I think calling someone a millenial is like calling them a hipster.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

HEY NONG MAN posted:

My sister-in-law got super defensive when I said she was a millenial.

She looked up from playing Catbook on her iphone to tell me "I was born in 1980."

I think calling someone a millenial is like calling them a hipster.

Well, it's kind of a de facto slur. How often do you hear someone get called a millenial in a positive way?

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
i hope you guys like necro quotes!!

d0s posted:

Is there a name for the little "song" that always plays during twee commercials targeted at millenials? I'm on my phone and can't really think of an example but it's just just like 4 notes played on an undeterminable string instrument repeating at a high and low octave, sounds really childish or something. I guess it's supposed to make brands seem non-threatening and friendly to adult babies. I bet there's a name for it in marketing circles
there's a lot of jingling, and probably a mandolin strumming, and some hipsters crooning "oooOOOooOOOOOO" it's not just one song but a specific pattern of songs, it literally sets my hair on edge, i usually just growl "gently caress you" and scrabble for the remote. #1 reason why i avoid watching TV ads. it is the most annoying thing ever. i hate it.

ghlbtsk posted:

Boomers thought they'd be able to retire at 65. Then the age for full benefits was raised to 67. Soon it will be 70.
By the time you're ready to retire it could be 75 or the system could be completely bankrupt.
inflation will devalue social security to the point where the amount of money you get back is worth like, five bucks a month. it was never actually meant as a retirement plan, just a tax. people who rely on it for income are idiots.

the people with money can lobby for congressional actions in their favor, even as they're going broke?? amazing. unprecedented. truly a miracle of our times.

VendaGoat posted:

So peoples heads don't spin let me try to translate this and please forums poster I hate Yankees, rate my performance.

So so total dicks overcharge people for homes, these dumbasses agree. Which raises more home prices, which more dumbasses buy, until said dumbasses become insolvent....can't make their mortgages.

Everyone declares bankruptcy.

These homes though still have a value attached to them, even if it's total hog poo poo from the bankruptcies. This value to bundled into a tightly bound buttplug and inserted into investors. These investors scream bloody murder and sell the comically oversized butt plug to other investors. This happens until someone just loving falls rear end first onto the buttplug and it comes out their mouth with "Save me Obama" attached on a pretty ribbon.

The government says ok, we'll help you dear citizen and gently starts to remove the buttplug, but it's a really large buttplug and the muscles of the person it's in just keep pulling it back up.

At this point, the people who sold this poor schlep the rear end rammer sue him because he can't take the pain. And they win.

And now we're at present time.
this is my favorite post ever

Accretionist posted:

"Conservatives have won elections and diverted policy to their ends by switch-hitting between two important conceptual models: the economy as a natural entity and the economy as a moral enforcer."

It's The Divine Right Of Kings by numbers instead of by god. It's liiiiiterally religious.
this one is pretty good too

Motherfucker posted:

Ultimately this thread is mostly a way of outlining my mortal terror without actually confronting that fundamental fear that undermines everything I do and am.
embrace nihilism and stop giving a gently caress about anything; this will allow you to embrace death & find true bliss in the moment.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

Me chopping off hipster buns

hell yes i got those pruning sheers at an estate sale for a quarter

i love it when boomers die and leave all their awesome tools to their clueless wives

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

She sued if I remember this story right. Yes I do.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1348923/Texting-shopper-fell-mall-fountain-sues-security-guards-laughing.html

And she's also a thief.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fountain-falling-texter-cathy-cruz-marrero-dont-text/story?id=12685189

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If I had a dollar for every time a boomer told me my generation sucked, I might be able to afford a house in the economy they hosed up.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Accretionist posted:

If I had a dollar for every time a boomer told me my generation sucked, I might be able to afford a house in the economy they hosed up.

You'd also have all the money I ever made, having jobs.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nolgthorn posted:

You'd also have all the money I ever made, having jobs.
how do i get a "job"?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's like an internship but for old people

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Prav posted:

it's like an internship but for old people

What do internships have to do with money???

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

A job is a means of earning money rather than subscribers.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
ever noticed how the prevailing mindset of millennials is 'ahaha look at this cat it hides my existential despair look at the little kitty' and generally indulging in fluffy gallows humor

i wonder if this has anything to do with growing up in sugarcoated candy land and then being blamed for all the world's ills as suddenly every facet of society implodes all at once

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

No. 9 posted:

Guy's in jail now

Tell me the story, Tell me the story! ":holy:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Tell me the story, Tell me the story! ":holy:

:nms: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Nick_Bate

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Seriously, some people just aren't meant for this world.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i...i didn't think it got worse than chris-chan

i am very happy this person has been arrested

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

This website has some downright malicious scam popups. Though I guess that shouldn't be surprising.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

quote:

[18:25] Miles Edgeworth: Also, what on earth do you have to offer her?
[18:25] Miles Edgeworth: You're ugly as sin, flabby, unintelligent and delusional.
[18:26] Nick: Safety. Wisdom. Love. Anilingus. Pretty much everything, really.

Im taking this. ill tell you how to goes.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
you can't be truly badass if you misspell analingus

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

it's got anal right there in the word so you don't forget how to spell it

MSN-04 Sazabi
Dec 7, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
One day, I chanced upon a young Millennial lad at the movie theater. He was perusing a computer ticket kiosk and inserting a rather dapper looking credit card into it. He goes to his friend and says, "Yo, did I tell you that my dad capped my card at 1,000 dollars? What bullshit, right!?". And she goes, "Yea, that totally blows. How are you supposed to survive?". And I was behind them, waiting, gazing up from my iPhone 6s Plus, with the confirmation number to pick up my tickets in hand, and I say, "Excuse me, sir. Did your dad really cap your credit card at 1,000 a week?". And he was like, "yea". I responded sadly, "I see, that's rough". I politely inquired what movie he was going to see. And he said, "that Mockingjay film my girl wants to see". And I nodded, and said, "well, enjoy your movie, citizen". And then I went and picked up my tickets for Krampus that my partner & I thoroughly enjoyed. However, we felt that they pulled too many punches. Where were the torn apart corpses, where was the blood, where was my ultra violence?

Bah humbug, not enough violence in my movies these days. :confused:

MSN-04 Sazabi fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 7, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

MSN-04 Sazabi posted:

One day, I chanced upon a young Millennial lad at the movie theater. He was perusing a computer ticket kiosk and inserting a rather dapper looking credit card into it. He goes to his friend and says, "Yo, did I tell you that my dad capped my card at 1,000 dollars? What bullshit, right!?". And she goes, "Yea, that totally blows. How are you supposed to survive?". And I was behind them, waiting, gazing up from my iPhone 6s Plus, with the confirmation number to pick up my tickets in hand, and I say, "Excuse me, sir. Did your dad really cap your credit card at 1,000 a week?". And he was like, "yea". I responded sadly, "I see, that's rough". I politely inquired what movie he was going to see. And he said, "that Mockingjay film my girl wants to see". And I nodded, and said, "well, enjoy your movie, citizen". And then I went and picked up my tickets for Krampus that my partner & I thoroughly enjoyed. However, we felt that they pulled too many punches. Where were the torn apart corpses, where was the blood, where was my ultra violence?

Bah humbug, not enough violence in my movies these days. :confused:

first it goes this way, then it goes that way.

i don't know.

MSN-04 Sazabi
Dec 7, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

nomadologique posted:

first it goes this way, then it goes that way.

i don't know.

I was born in 1988, am I a millennial? I remember playing video games on my NES.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

secure in your millenialtude. (asian style bow)

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
I don't think they were millennials they were like 19 year olds I don't know if that counts.

Isn't there a newer term for even younger kids.

Stalin-Chan fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 7, 2015

MSN-04 Sazabi
Dec 7, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stalin-Chan posted:

I don't think they were millennials they were like 19 year olds I don't know if that counts.

Look, they were totally millennial filth. I think I know because I'm probably a part of the elder group of millennials. But I think it's important to note that there are people who were born while we were playing Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask now having sex and getting ready for college/workforce.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

MSN-04 Sazabi posted:

Look, they were totally millennial filth. I think I know because I'm probably a part of the elder group of millennials. But I think it's important to note that there are people who were born while we were playing Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask now having sex and getting ready for college/workforce.

Actually I was playing Link to the Past.

MSN-04 Sazabi
Dec 7, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stalin-Chan posted:

Actually I was playing Link to the Past.

couldn't afford a N64, m'am?

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
Eventually I had an N64, please don't troll me.

MSN-04 Sazabi
Dec 7, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stalin-Chan posted:

Eventually I had an N64, please don't troll me.

NOBODY IS TROLLING YOU, CITIZEN. CARRY ON.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

no he's saying he's older than you

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Who in the hell writes this stuff?Someone spent many hours writing about this guy it's mind blowing.

MSN-04 Sazabi
Dec 7, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

nomadologique posted:

no he's saying he's older than you

weird. stalin-chan is like 6 months younger than me by liberal estimations done by yours truly.

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009

MSN-04 Sazabi posted:

weird. stalin-chan is like 6 months younger than me by liberal estimations done by yours truly.

Yeah but I was playing Link to the Past like a year or two before OOT.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

MSN-04 Sazabi posted:

I was born in 1988, am I a millennial? I remember playing video games on my NES.

We can play Super Mario World together :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

super mario land is the coolest.

• Locked thread