Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Grawl posted:

From my games list, what games are great to play local co-op with a controller or just games you can play in turns (once again using a controller)?

Grawl posted:

I might add I want to play games I haven't played (too much) yet. And if possible without split-screen.

Come on, there has to be some recommendations. I've already decided on Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons.

Grawl fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Why on earth are they making ff7 episodic, if they really wanted to moneygrab I would think they would make ff7, ff7-2, etc

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Grawl posted:

Come on, there has to be some recommendations. I've already decided on Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons.

What the poo poo. I would suggest a Resident Evil game. Even if the one you have doesn't have proper co-op they are still great, stupid things to watch another person play.

Also I hope in a few days it is revealed that Final Fantasy 7R is actually a rhythm game.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Hog Inspector posted:

Why on earth are they making ff7 episodic

They can start making money on it faster and Life Is Strange did extremely well for them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hog Inspector posted:

Why on earth are they making ff7 episodic, if they really wanted to moneygrab I would think they would make ff7, ff7-2, etc

Final Fantasy 7 is a full-length RPG made in the PS1 era. To make something like that in this day and age is, to put it bluntly, Really loving Expensive. Most RPGs either are very small and contained or are 90% empty space with simplistic basic cities.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

ImpAtom posted:

90% empty space with simplistic basic cities.

Outside of Midgar that's actually a totally fair description of Final Fantasy VII though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Hog Inspector posted:

it worked really well for deus ex the fall, so theyre trying to recreate that success

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Hog Inspector posted:

FF7R: Dirge of Cerberus, FF7R: Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode, FF7R: Advent Children, FF7R: Crisis Core, FF7R: Before Crisis

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

* Barrett will remember this

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key

H866-NCLG-K!MDA-SLRU-8KQS

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Steam Key

7P992-YPC2W-CCW!47

Dead Space Origin Key

B47!P-GW7E-6LMR-XEN5-NJEU

Dead Space Steam Key

ZMQ84-63L!A0-PFYH7

Remove the (!) Exclamation point!

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

FF7R: Dirge of Cerberus, FF7R: Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode, FF7R: Advent Children, FF7R: Crisis Core, FF7R: Before Crisis

Right, that's my point, if that garbage sold well enough for them to make five of them I don't know why they're ditching the format now

ImpAtom posted:

Final Fantasy 7 is a full-length RPG made in the PS1 era. To make something like that in this day and age is, to put it bluntly, Really loving Expensive. Most RPGs either are very small and contained or are 90% empty space with simplistic basic cities.

A ff7 remake is the kind of project that should be able to raise that money though. It's pretty much a guaranteed blockbuster if it's at all competent

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Calling the Aerith Lives DLC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hog Inspector posted:

A ff7 remake is the kind of project that should be able to raise that money though. It's pretty much a guaranteed blockbuster if it's at all competent

Final Fantasy 7, at its very very best, sold much less than Fallout 4 did. You can make an argument that it would probably be hotly anticipated and a big deal but it isn't an assured "give it all the money" game, especially because a good number of those sales were from Japan who can no longer be depended on to purchase console games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Modus Pwnens posted:

Calling the Aerith Lives DLC.

And if you buy it and do it, you get the bad ending where all life on earth is wiped out :unsmigghh:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

They should have just made it a top-down puzzle-board game like all the PS1 rpgs. Like I'm sure you could get a couple hundred FF7 backgrounds off of deviant artists for pennies.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

ImpAtom posted:

A bunch of dudes in Poland handled it fine just this year. A publisher with Square Enix's pedigree has absolutely no excuse.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The White Dragon posted:

And if you buy it and do it, you get the bad ending where all life on earth is wiped out :unsmigghh:

i'd rather it wipes out the harddisk and your steam account

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Look, I just want to know where I can pre-order the collector's edition with the season pass. Thanks. I think FF7 would also do great with a TF2 economy. Think of all the silly hats you could put on Barret and Cait Sith.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

But enough about life is strange

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Final Fantasy 7, at its very very best, sold much less than Fallout 4 did. You can make an argument that it would probably be hotly anticipated and a big deal but it isn't an assured "give it all the money" game, especially because a good number of those sales were from Japan who can no longer be depended on to purchase console games.
Is that true? Why would that be?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Jamfrost posted:

Look, I just want to know where I can pre-order the collector's edition with the season pass. Thanks. I think FF7 would also do great with a TF2 economy. Think of all the silly hats you could put on Barret and Cait Sith.
Materia customization on those hats.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sinking Ship posted:

Mobile and handhelds are a lot more convenient for them.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Sinking Ship posted:

They've become enlightened to better options, such as playing with balls. Pachinko balls, that is.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Young japanese males spend all their money on pointy hair cuts and oversize novelty purses that only half fit in back pockets

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Danganronpa is okay but not better than phoenix wright despite what its fans tell you, also the game abuses the word 'despair' to the point that it becomes a nonsense mcguffin

As for Fantasy Life the Level-5 game, it was a co-production with Nintendo and was published by Nintendo in America and Europe so I doubt THAT one will come to Steam. But the really lovely looking mobile one might come to Steam, maybe. That one isn't coming to 3DS I don't think. What of SNACK WORLD, i ask

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zombie Samurai posted:

A bunch of dudes in Poland handled it fine just this year. A publisher with Square Enix's pedigree has absolutely no excuse.

"Some dudes in Poland" is a pretty disingenuous way to put that. They are a large company with a lot of employees and multiple sources of income, recieve tax breaks from the government, and Witcher 3 otherwise fits the 90% empty space to a T.

It's really tiring how people point to Witcher 3 as if it's the creation of some dudes in their garage and not a team literally larger than the teams who made Fallout 4 or Skyrim.

Sinking Ship posted:

There's a large variety of reasons but the basic sum of it is "the gaming market has changed and mobile gaming/portable gaming is a lot more successful than console gaming."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they're also part of the company that owns gog, aren't they?

it's not like cd projekt is a small indie dev

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

my one wish for 2016 is that people stop circlejerking about the witcher 3

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Manatee Cannon posted:

they're also part of the company that owns gog, aren't they?

it's not like cd projekt is a small indie dev

Bethesda is actually more of an indie dev than cd projekt

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Witcher 3 won GotY at The Game Awards founded and run by the Doritos Pope and Sponsored By Dew, you're officially no longer allowed to pretend like it's some little-known gem by a small indie studio anymore.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

obama got a copy of the witcher 2 from the polish prime minister himself in 2011

"A bunch of dudes in Poland"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Many people like it! Now I don't like it! :owned:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

computer parts posted:

Bethesda is actually more of an indie dev than cd projekt
:eyepop:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Morter posted:

the witcher 3 is a fantastic game and cd projekt red are a really cool dev team, but they are not a small team and the witcher 3 was not a low budget game

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Morter posted:

I actually didn't like it in the first place

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Morter posted:

The Witcher 3 owns and is pretty much my GotY and it deserves almost every bit of praise it gets.

It's just not made by 'some dudes in Poland.' It's made by a legitimate company with a lot of resources and advantages, and while the Witcher 3 has a lot of of extremely strong design elements, it's still pretty firmly in line with the modern design of RPGs where it is a large open world populated by a lot of recycled content. It just does a great job with strong environmental design and writing to make the fullest advantage of that.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Also, CD Projekt Red have the advantage of being based entirely in Poland, where their operating costs are significantly lower than an American or Japanese company

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
so i decided to take a break from one of the end levels of infinifactory

and gently caress around in the first level

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I did not realize Bethesda was so poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Jamfrost posted:

I did not realize Bethesda was so poor.

zenimax and square-enix are probably going to start patreons soon.

• Locked thread