Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Whoever runs Trump's twitter is so damned lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
POWERFUL ASSAULT WEAPONS

They purchased semi-automatic rifles Mr. President. What are you going to do, confiscate hundreds of millions of our rifles??? Or maybe a repeat of the 1990s ban on any semi-automatic rifles that LOOK REAL SCARY.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

gently caress YOU

I find your honesty and directness refreshing.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

POWERFUL ASSAULT WEAPONS

They purchased semi-automatic rifles Mr. President. What are you going to do, confiscate hundreds of millions of our rifles??? Or maybe a repeat of the 1990s ban on any semi-automatic rifles that LOOK REAL SCARY.

He probably just bought a whole bunch of ammo manufacturing company stocks and is going to sell it next week and retire a grajillionaire, like whoever yelled first about Jade Helm

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Make my tweets great again, Trump

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Boosted_C5 posted:

WORSE!!! I am a law abiding American who appreciates and exercises his right to keep and bear arms!!! i.e. the REAL terrorist.

Well at least you're aware of it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

POWERFUL ASSAULT WEAPONS

im down for this

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Boosted_C5 posted:

WORSE!!! I am a law abiding American who appreciates and exercises his right to keep and bear arms!!! i.e. the REAL terrorist.

This but unironically

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Montasque posted:

Whoever runs Trump's twitter is so damned lazy.

So, Trump

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Logikv9 posted:

Occasional replacement of the Constitution sounds like a great way to have a bunch of reactionaries and flash-in-the-pan movements gently caress things up for awhile?

Yeah thank god nothing like that has literally been happening for the last ten years at least.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Watching Rubio on FOX right now... This guy always sounds like he's running for class President.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Watching Rubio on FOX right now... This guy always sounds like he's running for class President.

Well he basically is since winning the GOP establishment primary i.e. coming in 3rd place is about as important a position.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Carson being an rear end in a top hat

quote:

“You know, we have too many important things to do,” Carson said at a “Veterans and Military Town Hall” hosted by the Concerned Veterans for America. “When our men and women are out there fighting the enemy, the last thing that we need to be doing is saying what would it be like if we introduced several transgender people into this platoon.” “You know, give me a break. Deal with the transgender thing somewhere else,” Carson said before saying he prefers the old “don’t ask, don’t tell” military philosophy that ended in 2011. “I mean, why do you have to go around flouting your sexuality? It’s not necessary, you don’t need to talk about that, we need to talk about how we eliminate the enemy,” Carson said at the town hall.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Yeah thank god nothing like that has literally been happening for the last ten years at least.

But it's all rhetoric, interpretation, and getting guys into office, which is how things go. Imagine having to rewrite the Constitution during the height of the Tea Party, there would be fifteen different balanced budget amendments and probably one retroactively undoing Obama's Presidency :psyduck:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Carson is cruising to gold in the Missing The Point Olympics

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

“I mean, why do you have to go around flouting your sexuality?"

Yeah, keep that poo poo to yourselves. The last thing I want to see is a man and a woman walking down the street publicly groping each other and parading around the disgusting product of their sex in a carriage for all to see.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 7, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Boosted_C5 posted:

The Real Paddy posted:

This but unironically
We are real loving good at blowing up ISIL, but not very good at dealing with people like Boosted_C5.

Content:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/06/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump/

quote:

Ohio Gov. John Kasich is predicting that Donald Trump will soon fade from the top of GOP presidential polls as voters look for "somebody who has the experience."

In an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union," Kasich, a Republican presidential candidate, said he isn't buying polls that show Trump in the lead -- including a new CNN/ORC poll that puts the real estate mogul's support at 36%, more than double any other contender, among Republicans.

"I don't necessarily believe what I see because it's not a poll of likely voters," Kasich said, adding that he's not convinced many of those who say they support Trump will ultimately vote for him.
Kasich is following Jeb!'s mantra of "Trump will fall any day now, just you wait".

Just 9 days left until December 15th!:getin:

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

quote:

Presidential candidate Ted Cruz issued the following statement in response to President Obama’s remarks from the Oval Office tonight:

“On December 7, 1941, in response to Pearl Harbor, FDR did not give a partisan speech, rather he called on Americans to unite and ‘win through to absolute victory’.

“If I am elected President, I will direct the Department of Defense to destroy ISIS. And I will shut down the broken immigration system that is letting jihadists into our country.

“Nothing President Obama said tonight will assist in either case.”

loving OBAMA MAN!!!!!

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 18, 2016

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I've been trying not to pick on Jeb cause it's such low hanging fruit, but this is the 2nd time I've seen that his campaign is trying to spin as a good thing, the fact that he is competing with SIX other candidates for 2nd place in New Hampshire. best case scenario he still loses to Donald Trump in Iowa, SC and Nevada.

The only thing sadder are the marks that keep writing him checks.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

H5N1 posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

I swear this guy in this article about Jeb's plans leading up to the New Hampshire primary is deliberately trying to bother you:

quote:

“It is very fluid in New Hampshire right now, but there just doesn’t seem to be any excitement for Jeb," said Drew Cline, a former longtime editorial page editor at the Union Leader who now runs a consulting business. "I wouldn’t completely rule Jeb Bush out, but I think it’s becoming clear that if he’s going to do well in New Hampshire, he has to dramatically change things, and I don’t see any indication that that’s happening."
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/jeb-bush-new-hampshire-strategy-216315#ixzz3t8XNlAQl

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

im gay posted:

loving OBAMA MAN!!!!!

says the dude who wants to get rid of ROE because its "PC"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Maybe the donors feeding ¡Jeb! know that his victory is a longshot, it’s just that they also believe that he’s infinitely more corruptible than his competition.

Not that they’re right about that.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jeb has donors in the same way that Pataki somehow gets money to run his campaign. ~*magic*~

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Boosted_C5 posted:

I am excited to watch President Obama address me after the Islamic terrorist attack by declaring war against me and my civil liberties.

What's that now?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

mdemone posted:

What's that now?

Boosted is, unsurprisingly, on the no fly list.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

This is a survey Politico does of GOP insiders.

Politico, I think your "insiders" are loving with you.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

steinrokkan posted:

Neither insane, nor a literal fascist.

Marco has a big boner for nanny state expansion. He is no less authoritative than the others.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol the republican convention is going to look like that scene from the animatrix when the humans surrender to the robots in the UN buildling. except the robot would be gilded instead of black and spider looking

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Patter Song posted:

This is a survey Politico does of GOP insiders.

Politico, I think your "insiders" are loving with you.

It will be Trump or Cruz insiders!

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Logikv9 posted:

Jeb has donors in the same way that Pataki somehow gets money to run his campaign. ~*magic*~

Patak!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What is Rubio's appeal?

• cursed with Eternal Thirst by a djinn
  • owns a baller sword sealed with powerful chakra
  • must defeat three powerful enemies to become shogun: a blustery ostentatious oni, the lord of goblinmen, and a lethargic yōkai that gnaws on the bonds of reality

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Ted Cruz posted:

I will shut down the immigration system.

lol ok bro good luck with that one

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What is Rubio's appeal?

In addition to his reliable votes on conservative issues, a lot of Republicans see an advantage in a hispanic in his forties running against Clinton.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Jim Gilmore - 2%

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Joementum posted:

In addition to his reliable votes on conservative issues, a lot of Republicans see an advantage in a hispanic in his forties running against Clinton.
My understanding is that most non-Cuban Hispanic groups hold some resentment against Cubans, as a Cuban who set foot on Florida sand was hailed as a heroic escapee of tyranny, while a Mexican fleeing the cartels or similar was cursed as a criminal.

Is that actually true in practice?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you're either for Us Bus or you're against Us Bus. brave of kasich to stand his ground so boldly and publicly

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I don't understand why Kasich and Rand's campaign media teams think it's a good idea to keep posting pictures of them looking sad while eating alone, but I'm glad they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Nessus posted:

My understanding is that most non-Cuban Hispanic groups hold some resentment against Cubans, as a Cuban who set foot on Florida sand was hailed as a heroic escapee of tyranny, while a Mexican fleeing the cartels or similar was cursed as a criminal.

Is that actually true in practice?

in general cubans are more right wing and gently caress you got mine that other hispanics, because their special treatment, so there is some resentment there. nothing really major though

• Locked thread