Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Also yeah being VIP unlocks several perks including skill bonuses and speed travel.

Is VIP when you are subbed, and premium unsubbed? Do you keep anything when going from VIP to premium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

VIP is subbed. Premium unsubbed and you do get to keep the perks.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

extra stout posted:

If you have a lot of effort and time, warden is the most overpowered solo class. If you want to be a bear and press half as many buttons and be 90 percent as good as a warden, beorning is the best solo class.

I heard that Beornings didn't put out anywhere near as much damage or tankiness at high levels as pretty much any other class, is that not true?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Prism posted:

I heard that Beornings didn't put out anywhere near as much damage or tankiness at high levels as pretty much any other class, is that not true?

They're like 3/4 of champ dps in red line from what I can tell, tankiness though they do amazing at through the combination of broken amazing self heals and the +5 morale per vitality thing helps a good deal too. The yellow line hybrid is just an amazing boss solo build that also can in some scenarios be a better healer than a minstrel.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

extra stout posted:

They're like 3/4 of champ dps in red line from what I can tell, tankiness though they do amazing at through the combination of broken amazing self heals and the +5 morale per vitality thing helps a good deal too. The yellow line hybrid is just an amazing boss solo build that also can in some scenarios be a better healer than a minstrel.

Well.

Guess it's time to not avoid playing mine.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

How's the level spread with the server changes? Could I get groups for early dungeons or group quests?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Better, but you'll still be waiting a while if you're trying to get three or more people to run anything pre-level 100.

I am seeing a much better level spread within the kin, as well (since there are actually people logged in).

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Guys... there are people in the game. I can't even go to low level areas to clean up on deeds w/out feeling bad that I'm murdering everything before the on-level people get a chance.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I wish I hadn't just gotten back into WoW :(. I'll probably be wrapped up there in about 2 months, then back here.

Oh, is there a current Producer's Letter or anything? Last one I could find took us through the latest update, curious what they got planned next.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Coming back from a few months of SWTOR and otherwise ignoring the game, and I still need to make up my mind between Champion and Beorning. How are Champions in the end game DPS-wise? Which is their best line to spec in levelling up these days?

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
I can't help but feel there's a lot of complex poo poo going on that I have no idea about because the game is so mature.

I'm leveling a hunter (woo, level 9) and more and more boxes keep popping up with different things, deeds? shoot poo poo with my bow quests?

I'm just trying to enjoy the story here man.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
For most solo content you can ignore all but 4-5 buttons.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Lum_ posted:

Coming back from a few months of SWTOR and otherwise ignoring the game, and I still need to make up my mind between Champion and Beorning. How are Champions in the end game DPS-wise? Which is their best line to spec in levelling up these days?

Redline champ has been my only main for the duration of the game and while it's still good, it's very gear dependent, Slightly less in yellow line which is the current most effective spec for the class. The same is true for beornings oddly enough. Yellow beats the poo poo out of red. My guess is that because we have transitioned from raids to 1, 2, 3 and 6 man content there is often only one spot for a DPS class and you basically have to spent 12,000 gold on essence to be the absolute best DPS damage while still having enough morale to stay alive for the whole fight consistently.

So as the game becomes more focused on essence, the value of abilities/skills that protect or heal you has gone up tremendously. Again, less spots in end game content also means less healers, so that healer has to be really good and if they forget about you it's nice to be able to keep yourself alive. The age of YouTube stars playing beorning/warden is upon us!

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Hey if any of you have extra yew or lebethron boards give them to Edheladan. You'll get thanks and/or gold in return. Your choice!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Burglars are actually the best solo class if you don't care about survivability or DPS but just want to sneak past everyone and do all the quests without fighting.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

xZAOx posted:

I wish I hadn't just gotten back into WoW :(. I'll probably be wrapped up there in about 2 months, then back here.

Oh, is there a current Producer's Letter or anything? Last one I could find took us through the latest update, curious what they got planned next.

I picked up WoW after 7 years when Warlords of Draenor came out, and 2 months was about the time it took for me to get tired of it again. Came right back to LOTRO just like I have after I quit every other MMO in the past 8 1/2 years. My current problem is I came across some PS4 games at $20 each on Black Friday so now I have 5 other games to juggle.

I don't think there's been a producer's letter since the Spring. They're overdue to put one out. It's always interesting to me to read about what new areas they plan on releasing in the next year. They did say at some point that they don't plan on going to Mordor right after Minas Tirith, so it'll be good to know what's coming soon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Was going to play this some this weekend but the Shadow Complex remaster is stealing my time instead.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Forums were down and I transferred to Brandywine and then you guys changed your mind to Landroville...I take it there is no more transferring aye?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

SoggyGravy posted:

Forums were down and I transferred to Brandywine and then you guys changed your mind to Landroville...I take it there is no more transferring aye?

We've been saying Landroval for months.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If you contact support and tell them what happened they might help you out. It seems to be a time of forgiveness for Turbine and the players.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Yeah, submit a ticket and tell them you got mixed up on which server your kin was headed to. I'm sure its not the first time that's happened.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Okay so turns out you can freely server transfer to any of the destination servers for the time being based on what I just did. Good news for us folk who didn't get the memo right. Time to get a kin invite!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I'm at a video game funeral right now on the new server and it feels very very strange, someone is playing some song that is not a funeral march, about 50 people are doing /cry /mourn emotes, uhhh

edit

Someone just asked if she died in game or in real life

edit

Green Day is now playing jesus christ please play Grieg when you one day hold my video game funeral

extra stout fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 6, 2015

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Oh yeah someone in the bree AH was saying some famous landy person died irl a couple days ago.

Must be nice for people to care about you.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

extra stout posted:

I'm at a video game funeral right now on the new server and it feels very very strange, someone is playing some song that is not a funeral march, about 50 people are doing /cry /mourn emotes, uhhh

edit

Someone just asked if she died in game or in real life

edit

Green Day is now playing jesus christ please play Grieg when you one day hold my video game funeral

Seems like a good time to set off some fireworks.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011
For anyone that still needs an invite in addition to the characters listed in the OP you can also contact Enzerien and I'll hook you up.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

extra stout posted:

Yeah, I logged in for 30 mins or so this morning and saw that was going to happen later, but I had poo poo to do all day so I missed it

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Any idea who it was? I can only imagine a famous Landy person being one of the big RP groups - perhaps Lonely Mountain Band?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

They talked about her a bit in chat. Someone named Dragon who died in a car accident. Don't know which kin she was in.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I just remembered that I still got 2 life time accounts for this. Anyone got an idea what they might be worth now?
They got about 20k lotro bucks each on them and xpacs except the last two (I think one of them even has the super premium preorder of all of those old xpacs, extra horsies etc.).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Seems like a good time to set off some fireworks.

/danceongrave

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Is it worth it to buy some quest packs (using TP) at 20% off, or should I wait for a better sale?

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

the panacea posted:

I just remembered that I still got 2 life time accounts for this. Anyone got an idea what they might be worth now?
They got about 20k lotro bucks each on them and xpacs except the last two (I think one of them even has the super premium preorder of all of those old xpacs, extra horsies etc.).

Son I will buy the gently caress out of one of those. PM sent.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Is it worth it to buy some quest packs (using TP) at 20% off, or should I wait for a better sale?
If you're at a level where there's a quest pack you can and want to use right now, I wouldn't wait. But I think the Eriador quest bundle (everything pre-Moria, I think?) goes on sale with quest packs pretty regularly, which overall is a better deal than buying the packs individually.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

bombhand posted:

If you're at a level where there's a quest pack you can and want to use right now, I wouldn't wait. But I think the Eriador quest bundle (everything pre-Moria, I think?) goes on sale with quest packs pretty regularly, which overall is a better deal than buying the packs individually.

Nice. I'm in no hurry so I'll just wait and see if there is some sort of a super holiday sale or something.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

the panacea posted:

I'd be all over that if Turbine let you move characters between accounts, though they don't allow this for obvious reasons.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Even though I'm not a fan of Big Battles (now called Epic Battles I think), the main story questline in this update is fantastic. In my opinion this is the best content they've put out in years.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Finally the grind pays off, from a single Grond duo Nazgun and I ran tonight:

[Supreme Essence of Physical Mastery]
[Blemished Symbol of the Elder King]
[Tome of Vitality XIII]

Also tomorrow is either going to be 17.1 or parts of it being patched into the game, no confirmation of what made it or what's been altered since bullroarer til tomorrow morning:

On the test server, adding a crafting station to your home was 495 tp, a level 95 insta-boost was something like 5995 tp, a number of bugs have been fixed, I'll get a link and a summary of my favorite parts posted tomorrow.

Oh and a crafting guild added to Minas Tirith which is a pretty cool deal for anyone level 100 tired of going to Esteldin.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 7, 2015

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

extra stout posted:

On the test server, adding a crafting station to your home was 495 tp,
I'm glad that they're charging for this, because I think that it's a "feature" that does more harm than good. Turbine is in the process of consolidating servers due to population issues, the last thing this game needs are empty crafting halls, or anything else that might erroneously give the appearance of a low population.

Oh, and gratz on the:

extra stout posted:

[Supreme Essence of Physical Mastery]
[Blemished Symbol of the Elder King]
[Tome of Vitality XIII]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Brave New World posted:

I'm glad that they're charging for this, because I think that it's a "feature" that does more harm than good. Turbine is in the process of consolidating servers due to population issues, the last thing this game needs are empty crafting halls, or anything else that might erroneously give the appearance of a low population.

Oh, and gratz on the:

I think it satisfied the home dwelling nerds but since we're finally getting out of Esteldin and into Minas Tirith with the crafting guild in the very same patch it really will still be more crowded than ever, pumped for this patch. Only thing I want that might still be another patch away is a price drop for star-lit crystals and anfalas scrolls.

Also the complaints about no end game that were somewhat justified are really going away, tonight I found two public groups running Dome of The Stars and both completed without a wipe. Tomorrow you will get 2 more Morgul crests per person for running that particular instance (the six man) so goons in Faramir's armor set can become a thing tomorrow.

I bought the house next to the kinhouse from a level 23 and just got it decorated, gave you guys permission if you need a Moria keg or any of the things you probably already have! And Hobo I mailed you some deco, will get some more out as I sort things.