Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Excuse me sir, are you aware your balls are showing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Where is everyone getting those black tank tops? Seems I can only currently get my hands on all the ones that aren't the color I want. Please tell me I didn't somehow miss the mission board quest to get it in an earlier chapter or something and basically made it unobtainable in my game. (I sort of ignored the mission board til like... chapter 4)

Also this 20% of Noctilum can go to hell, specifically because of that godawful bottleneck gauntlet separating you from the other 75% of the continent's landmass.

E: yeesh, does this whole thread have me on ignore for the poo poo I said months ago?
E2: NM, got a new quest for a black one, we're good.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 7, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno if anybody's far enough in the game to know, but how much does the game expect you to competently mix-and-match classes, if at all? I just hit Rank 10 Duelist and I'm going to try out either the Commando or Enforcer chain since I don't want to be a tank, but my mind kinda boggles at the idea of trying to figure out cross-class weapon pairs.

e: At least I can keep my Longsword/Rifle combo while gaining new class skills and arts, because I've gotten attached to how easy it is to build and maintain TP with Decoy Round and Tornado Blade.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 7, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Motto posted:

I dunno if anybody's far enough in the game to know, but how much does the game expect you to competently mix-and-match classes, if at all? I just hit Rank 10 Duelist and I'm going to try out either the Commando or Enforcer chain since I don't want to be a tank, but my mind kinda boggles at the idea of trying to figure out cross-class weapon pairs.

My general plan is "max out a rank 3-4 class with weapons from the rank 1-2, then learn attacks for the other weapons and try them out when you have the weapons." It's worked so far. I'm a Samurai right now

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Senerio posted:

My general plan is "max out a rank 3-4 class with weapons from the rank 1-2, then learn attacks for the other weapons and try them out when you have the weapons." It's worked so far. I'm a Samurai right now

I think that's what I'm going to do, I'm just wondering if the game's forgiving enough that it'd be viable to be boring and stick to a single Rank 4 class.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
galactic knight is the only end-tier class i've tried and post chapter 7 i'm still buzz-sawing through stuff just fine.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Chapter 5 ending spoilers but really really disappointed with how they handled it. Tatsu just bouncing through gunfire for no reason was dumb enough but I lost it when my characters arm got blown off and they silently grabbed at it before making a pained face and visibly screaming at the sky with no sound at all while everyone else could talk just fine.

Silent playable character really slaughters scenes like that.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It took four hours but I finally got my Skell. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that Beagflea Squash mission.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Where the hell is the Mining Point in the hexagon just north-slightly-west of Sayram Lake? The only thought I have is that it's on that Overhang at the literal top of the map but that can't possibly be right can it?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Marogareh posted:

It took four hours but I finally got my Skell. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that Beagflea Squash mission.

you can just buy the poo poo from the merchant in the barracks.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Augus posted:

Where the hell is the Mining Point in the hexagon just north-slightly-west of Sayram Lake? The only thought I have is that it's on that Overhang at the literal top of the map but that can't possibly be right can it?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it is. Accessible via flying only. Dick move, game. Dick move.

(that's going to be the very first thing I do when I get them, haha)

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

you can just buy the poo poo from the merchant in the barracks.

Can't buy collectibles though. I just kept fast traveling to the Nopon encampment to the north east of Oblivia until I got them.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Ok, so for the people who were wondering, here's how to unlock the ability to change your character's looks:

* Do the Yardley's Scheme Normal Mission in the Outfitter's test hangar. (Unlocked after Chapter 4)
* Do the House of Cards Basic Mission. (Unlocked after Chapter 5)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, the one item I haven't figured out so far is Acorn Abacuses. I found Zizi Rabbits fine, found the aqueowhatever engines fine, pearls, whatever, you name it. For some reason these things completely elude me.

I even did Lyn's quest the proper way (though I slightly cheated and just bought the energy tubes with requisition tickets)

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, the one item I haven't figured out so far is Acorn Abacuses. I found Zizi Rabbits fine, found the aqueowhatever engines fine, pearls, whatever, you name it. For some reason these things completely elude me.

I even did Lyn's quest the proper way (though I slightly cheated and just bought the energy tubes with requisition tickets)

The northeast coastline, south of FN Site 113. (The topmost Primordia probe site.)

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
This loving game... if you are ever given the option of "I'm Hungry" or "Do more stuff" you are going to punch yourself repeatedly in the nuts if you don't pick you are hungry.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
manon are loving unironic temms

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Why couldn't they have all the party members you recruited stay in the barracks? I'd take that over having to walk all over the place to have them in my party.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Why couldn't they have all the party members you recruited stay in the barracks? I'd take that over having to walk all over the place to have them in my party.

Usually the reason behind this is ~immersion~ because it gives the idea they have their own lives outside of you.

I hate it it in every single game that does it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Agreed. They really half-assed the "reserve" thing and it's drat annoying chasing a party member down in town every time you want to use them. This is what those fancy comm devices are for :colbert:.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Agreed. They really half-assed the "reserve" thing and it's drat annoying chasing a party member down in town every time you want to use them. This is what those fancy comm devices are for :colbert:.

Seriously! I get the bad guys call the humans primitive in the game, but jesus loving christ.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

I just wish inactive party members had level scaling. It's kinda annoying to be stuck with a bunch of level 16s who would drop dead if anything I fight in my level range looks at them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saigyouji posted:

I just wish inactive party members had level scaling. It's kinda annoying to be stuck with a bunch of level 16s who would drop dead if anything I fight in my level range looks at them.

It's especially awful when there seem to be so many party members, not to mention a few nigh-mandatory ones for story/affinity stuff, and they really want you to take "scouted" dudes found in the field along with you for a stretch.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This game is real good especially now that I've finally got a decent handle on the combat.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am happy there is mostly appropriate clothes for my GiTS knockoff character.

I just had "that" twist happen, which feels in line for the character especially considering how often the major loses her arms.

Also on another note, has anyone used the class with the psycho launchers yet? How do they work exactly? I am using Samurai gunner but it feels pretty plain and feel I could be way more anime.

*ed*

Also another question, are the melee/ranged attack up stuff really as busted as they seem? I managed to level up a gun pretty far with that bonus and going simply by the stats, all much higher level guns are inferior to it.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 7, 2015

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Partisan Eagle was really awful to play. Getting Overwhelm when you hit Astral Crusader is a game changer, though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just got my very own skell, and it feels so great driving around and jumping over poo poo. :allears:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Saigyouji posted:

Can you power level them by taking them as deadweight for high level fights at least?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Can you power level them by taking them as deadweight for high level fights at least?

Yup.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

sorry if this has been asked already but is there an irc channel for this game

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Slap some EXP Up augments on their gear, hop in your Skell so that they get a defense boost and party members are super easy to level.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Is it worth it to buy the level 30 skell frames or just wait until you develop your own? The one you start out with is pretty weak and mostly useful for its mobility out of combat. The heavy frames looks to be a huge improvement.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Is there any reason to keep excess gear around other than for fashion purposes? Is there like a thing that opens up later where you can cannibalize your old poo poo to make your current stuff better?

Is there any reason not to prioritize gear that boosts my damage? I remember going through XC without really worrying about stuff like resists, but then I also did every side quest I could and was overlevelled pretty much from the word go which was fine with me. Any reason this won't work in XCX?

Can you remove placed Augments? They're obviously the new gems so I would think you can swap them freely, but I don't want to drop something cool in a piece of gear I'll end up ditching later on and not be able to get it back.

Just finished Chapter 5 and the game is cool for the most part. Things I'm not particularly fond of are Fashion items being equipped removes them from your inventory (I want everyone in heart shades goddammit!), the absurd amount of usually worthless gear that gets dropped, vague/non-existant quest directions such as "kill this monster for this item, but since killing the monster in itself is not the quest objective go find it on your own", and the loving NLA theme, but they're minor problems at worst. Primordia alone has been worth the price of admission, it's like an alien version of the Veldt and the music is similar too.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

bloodychill posted:

Yeah, the exp scaling is pretty high so they don't take that long to bring up to speed. Still a pain in the rear end.

Anyone know how you get level 5 field skills? It's pretty disappointing to make some tricky jumps up to a probe only to find your maxed out mechanical skill isn't high enough. I assume it's a story thing.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 7, 2015

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
This might be a dumb question but when/how do I use augments in empty equipment slots? I've got like a dozen of the things.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Press X, set augments, choose empty slot

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This is possibly the dumbest question but I improved my blade level and got the field 2 mechanical skill. Since then time to time I see Blade level up and figured I'd go continue to improve it but I can't find whats her face anywhere so stuck at 2, 1, 1.

Am... am I missing something REALLY obvious?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

So I had assumed that the Marry Me! quest was just another standard gathering quest, so I abandoned it to clear space with the assumption I could just pick it up again when I have the items. Now I find out it's actually a prerequisite for an affinity mission, and its no longer available at the quest terminal. Have I screwed myself permanently?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is possibly the dumbest question but I improved my blade level and got the field 2 mechanical skill. Since then time to time I see Blade level up and figured I'd go continue to improve it but I can't find whats her face anywhere so stuck at 2, 1, 1.

Am... am I missing something REALLY obvious?

Elenora should always be at the mission board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Finally figured out how to get a screenshot of my Anime Dude through Miiverse.

Gone with a hacky-shooty Winged Viper, and now that I've actually gotten some decent Arts it's a very fun playstyle for beating the poo poo out of the local wildlife.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Elenora should always be at the mission board.

Sometimes she can take a bit to load in. Go stand by the mission board and wait a moment.

• Locked thread