Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I bought an atari 2600.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

I bought an atari 2600.
get any games with it? i have a real soft spot for HERO

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

I bought an atari 2600.

4 switch?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I spent 60 dollars on a used copy of Windwaker, 40 on a gamecube controller, and 30 something on a 'cube memory card to play it for the first time only for Windwaker HD to be announced a week later.

I did all of this for Dragon Warrior 7 and then the 3DS remake got announced for localization and now I'll never bother playing it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Kins posted:

get any games with it? i have a real soft spot for HERO

Heres all the games it came with... No HERO. :( But its got some good ones in there.
Alien
Asteroids
Barnstorming
Basketball
Bowling
Boxing
Centipede
Chopper Command
Combat
Commando Raid
Crystal Castles
Decathlon
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Junior
Double Ender (Ghost Manor & Spike's Peak)
Dragonfire
Dragster
Football
Freeway
G.I. Joe Cobra Strike
Galaga
Haunted House
Human Cannonball
Ice Hockey
Joust
Laser Blast
Magamania
Midnight Magic
Name this Game
Night Driver
Outlaw
Pac-Man
Pitfall
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Reactor
Real Sports Baseball
Robot Tank
Seaquest
Shooting Gallery
Skiing
Soccer
Space Attack
Space Invaders
Space Invaders
Space Jockey
Space War
Spider Fighter
Stampede
Starwars- The Empire Strikes Back
Submarine Commander
Superman
Towering Inferno
Turmoil
Venture
Video Olympics
Warlords
Yars' Revenge

Kazvall posted:

4 switch?

Yep 4 switch and woodgrain. I have to scrounge up a power cord and a couple other things in order to get it to work apparently (coaxial adaptor and RF interference filter) which is gonna be another $30 or so.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
cool

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's an embarrassing thing to get probated for, lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
idgi

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm watching one of his videos at the mome and he just said that he broke a NES by putting a sticker on the connectors to a cartridge because he wanted the sticker to appear on the screen and I didn't really think about it, but needless to say, once I did about 10 seconds later, I died laughing.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
is thsi guy for real or what

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
hes realer than you could possibly imagin e

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I bought Rogue Galaxy on my PS4 and all is well now.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

How does it play? I bought it too but haven't tried it yet

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

How does it play? I bought it too but haven't tried it yet

idk if this is a technical or opinion question, so i'll asnwer both: it runs great and looks good, way better than a PS2 game. the gameplay itself is a bit rough, as to be expected of a 10 year old action RPG - but it's entirely playable. i haven't gotten used to the combat yet so some encounters completely own me still

Dec 26, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

about to do this myself

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

idk if this is a technical or opinion question, so i'll asnwer both: it runs great and looks good, way better than a PS2 game. the gameplay itself is a bit rough, as to be expected of a 10 year old action RPG - but it's entirely playable. i haven't gotten used to the combat yet so some encounters completely own me still
Yeah I played a little bit tonight and it's a little rough around the edges but it's fun, I got owned too.

Dec 26, 2012

i died twice on the first boss where you have to jump up and hit the horns of the two giants because i got ground-pounded to death. seems fun so far

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

yay i just got ripped off with some fake-rear end counterfeit GBA and DS games on gumtree, australia's craigslist

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
shopping online for legit gba and ds games nowadays is probably like playing russian roulette with a full chamber... except instead of having your skull splatter over the walls you get a bootleg with a casing made of putty that doesn't save your progress so good

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The Kins posted:

shopping online for legit gba and ds games nowadays is probably like playing russian roulette with a full chamber... except instead of having your skull splatter over the walls you get a bootleg with a casing made of putty that doesn't save your progress so good

Not really for gba. Its really easy to tell from pics at least

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

African AIDS cum posted:

Not really for gba. Its really easy to tell from pics at least

Yeah its super easy to tell with GBA, the problem is a) he shot them all inside frosted cases with a blurry camera so i couldn't see the labels properly and b) i got really excited and thought despite the fact it was too good to be true it was

Managed to get a refund, though, before I send it back to him, through pointing out how loving shady that poo poo is

the DS one on the other hand is much better done, I wouldn't have spotted it except for when i put it next to other DS boxes the logo looks way darker and blurrier, the plastic has a different hue and the manual, which is otherwise the exact manual, is cropped to the wrong size and has very faded print. I don't think I'd be able to tell from any number of photos, it's scary :ghost:

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 7, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That seems like a really insane level of dedication for the pay out of selling a ds game for its full value of like...15 bucks?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lol that Australia's craiglist is called gumtree.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mabels big day posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mabels big day posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jakeshouse

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

In Training posted:

That seems like a really insane level of dedication for the pay out of selling a ds game for its full value of like...15 bucks?

Yeah it's slavish. But the GBA games are really baffling, especially the back of them where someone has gone to all the effort of making their own Nintendo logo with the wrong font inset in the game cart. You'd think they'd just make a mould out of a real one, which they surely must have for the front since it seems dead on.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mabels big day posted:

Haha

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Wormskull posted:

I spent 60 dollars on a used copy of Windwaker, 40 on a gamecube controller, and 30 something on a 'cube memory card to play it for the first time only for Windwaker HD to be announced a week later.

the original's better anyway

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

mabels big day posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

As a Millennial I posted:

the original's better anyway

Why.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only thing I can imagine people like better about the original is if their speed running the game.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i prefer the un-hosed-with graphics, and even the original triforce hunt.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Jakeshouse

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Canadas craigslist is called kijiji

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

African AIDS cum posted:

Canadas craigslist is called kijiji

That's not that funny. Just dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I can't believe that Australia's craigslist is called gumtree.