Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I'm a special boy who enjoys playing his games using ESDF instad of WASD (I am not alone! There are dozens of us!) and thanks to poor programming, certain keys aren't actually rebindable for this. I was hoping editing ControlMap_Custom.txt in the ini directory would help but alas that file is complete junk (aka it looks like a binary file which is weird for a .txt file) so I come here to ask...

Is there a way to actually rebind all of the keys in the game? E being hard coded to "pick up stuff" is the biggest problem. Thanks for the help!

Edit: I'd also rather not have to deal with an auto-hotkey script to make this work... but yes I realize that is an option.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DaveKap posted:

So I'm a special boy who enjoys playing his games using ESDF instad of WASD (I am not alone! There are dozens of us!) and thanks to poor programming, certain keys aren't actually rebindable for this. I was hoping editing ControlMap_Custom.txt in the ini directory would help but alas that file is complete junk (aka it looks like a binary file which is weird for a .txt file) so I come here to ask...

Is there a way to actually rebind all of the keys in the game? E being hard coded to "pick up stuff" is the biggest problem. Thanks for the help!

Edit: I'd also rather not have to deal with an auto-hotkey script to make this work... but yes I realize that is an option.

Yes, with F4SE you can rebind all the keys IIRC.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Something to complement Idiot Slut:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4806/

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

This is great.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a way for texture mods to work without manual installs? I've tried both NMM and MO and neither one makes them show up.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is there a way for texture mods to work without manual installs? I've tried both NMM and MO and neither one makes them show up.

Did you edit your fallout4.ini?

code:
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Amstrad posted:

Did you edit your fallout4.ini?

code:
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

You dont have to do all this, just do this.

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

under [Archive]

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This Minute Man Equipment Extender is pretty drat nice. Let's those random minute men you find actually have armor and decent weapons.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

This Minute Man Equipment Extender is pretty drat nice. Let's those random minute men you find actually have armor and decent weapons.

There needs to be a mod that allows villagers to plunder the settlement's storage for weaponry, etc. Manually equipping the fuckers is getting pretty drat tedious. Also telling them what to do too ... it's like handholding a group of five year olds.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Odette posted:

There needs to be a mod that allows villagers to plunder the settlement's storage for weaponry, etc. Manually equipping the fuckers is getting pretty drat tedious. Also telling them what to do too ... it's like handholding a group of five year olds.

I think they can already do this if you leave the guns in a container (not the workshop storage, workbenches included). The trouble is that there's no "armory" function that will have them run to a specific spot to get gear, but it does conjure the image of a settlement with weapons stashed in random boxes and poo poo everywhere.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

LumberingTroll posted:

You dont have to do all this, just do this.

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

under [Archive]

Tried that, didn't work when I launched through Mod Organizer.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

toasterwarrior posted:

I think they can already do this if you leave the guns in a container (not the workshop storage, workbenches included). The trouble is that there's no "armory" function that will have them run to a specific spot to get gear, but it does conjure the image of a settlement with weapons stashed in random boxes and poo poo everywhere.

Earlier today I was testing out one of the faction-related combat NPC summon items and it turns out that NPCs will grab weapons out of the workbench, specifically the one that you can use to enter Workshop mode. Even first-gen synths know that Institute weapons are garbage and will swap for a real laser pistol if they see an opportunity. :v:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Tried that, didn't work when I launched through Mod Organizer.

If you're editing the ini files and using MO you have to make sure to modify them through the MO interface, or at least that was the case when using MO for Skyrim. I haven't looked at the FO4 version yet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

isndl posted:

If you're editing the ini files and using MO you have to make sure to modify them through the MO interface, or at least that was the case when using MO for Skyrim. I haven't looked at the FO4 version yet.

There's nothing in the ini editor. It's just a blank box.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

There's nothing in the ini editor. It's just a blank box.

Are your using the latest version of MO? My .ini files show up fine.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

updated my squire uniform mod thanks to dragbody providing some .nifs that allow for the uniform, backpack and hat to all be separate.
you can craft 'em at the chem station now, under utilities.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fiitz9agix0891e/SquireOutfit.rar

also i guess i maybe added support for the body slider b/c it wasn't there before? though i thought it was. i dunno, i just fiddled around with some stuff and it seemed to be working when i tried it.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 7, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I love this mod, just for the long, long description. Also, this other mod should be okay right? It was made in F04Edit, but me am not good with computer.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

I love this mod, just for the long, long description. Also, this other mod should be okay right? It was made in F04Edit, but me am not good with computer.

it will run wild, becoming so hot it will melt it's way through anything, steel, concrete, the dirt, rock, all the way down baby, which is why I figure the core of the earth is uranium you know with iron around it, LOL, hypothetically (that is less than an idea that I have had) I'm not going down there to check. Then we would just argue that in the beginning of our solar system where there was uranium, gravity formed from having more mass, an it just grew. BAMF it's not magic, though I was a mechanic, not a scientist.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CommissarMega posted:

I love this mod, just for the long, long description.

Dude, what.

What does the mod... do?? Is it a mod at all??? Is it a science lesson????

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CJacobs posted:

Dude, what.

What does the mod... do?? Is it a mod at all??? Is it a science lesson????

I... don't know? It seems to be an alteration of this more sensibly-described fusion core crafting mod, but with added :spergin:

EDIT: Speaking of :spergin:, I want to use this mod, but with this mod's sounds instead- these won't harm anything, right?

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Is it possible to make a mod that turns Fo4 into a fortress survival game?

I want to build a fort and have waves of ghouls come in increasing numbers every night and build/defend til I get overrun.

Guessing it would take custom scripts and removing the building cap.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

bad boys for life posted:

I want to build a fort and have waves of ghouls come in increasing numbers every night and build/defend til I get overrun.

You can do this manually with the mod that was posted a while back (in the last 24 hours I believe). As for the building cap, there's a mod for that, but I believe it got (temporarily) removed because Nexusmods' database might've been compromised.

E: Basically what that mod did, was let you run some commands that would spawn X (you can specificy X yourself) NPCs with Y ID (you can specify Y yourself) on about 3-4 different spots outside Sanctuary and Castle, I believe those two were the only bases that are supported so far.

You could just run that one and give yourself X minutes of time to rebuild stuff before you spawn the next wave, where X is a higher amount than the last X.

If you want it all automated you'll probably have to wait until GECK I'm afraid.

E2:

limeincoke posted:

Looks like it's supposed to be Johanna from Heroes of the Storm/Diablo 3.

Also, the settlement raiding mod looks pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pp979Chjjo

Unfortunately it's not "organic" (you have to trigger raids via console at this point) and the only two locations he has available atm are The Castle and Sanctuary. Hopefully Spec. Island gets added soon cause I've built a fortress of an island, complete with skywalks and multiple strongholds. Would love to see it face off against a horde of enemies.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 7, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Right now you can remove the building cap AND spawn waves of enemies, but we will need proper scripting ability to make the enemies spawn only at night and in increasing waves.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Thanks, Ill wait for GECK and make that mod if someone doesnt beat me to it.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Thanks, Ill wait for GECK and make that mod if someone doesnt beat me to it.

I want a mod that replaces every enemy with ghouls and increases the amount so its just swarms of roving ghouls.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
I'm going to try this weapon balance mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

Note, it is not called "Immersive weapon balance mod" so by default it can not be horrible.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Iceshade posted:

I'm going to try this weapon balance mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

Note, it is not called "Immersive weapon balance mod" so by default it can not be horrible.

Thats by our very own iron rose, im using it, its pretty good.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/minigun_308_50_recievers.esp - Minigun .308 and .50 Recievers
Changes:
-.308 rate of fire increased to 1500 RPM.
-Ammo capacity for .308 reciever decreased to 200
-Ammo capacity for .50 reciever decreased to 80, making reloading an actual threat.
-Damage modifier now changed to a flat +bonus instead of a percentage, to prevent severe imbalance with mods that change the base minigun damage value.
-.308 reciever now increases damage by 30.
-.50 reciever now increases damage by 70.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp - Weapon Tweaks
-Damage reversions have been reverted.
-Minigun rate of fire increased to 2000 RPM standard, 3000 RPM with Accelerated Barrel, and 1500 RPM with Tri Barrel.
-Gatling Laser rate of fire increased to 2400 RPM standard, and 500 RPM for charged barrel (this was already done, but I just listed it now.)
Have you considered also a 5.56mm minigun reciever?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Falken posted:

Have you considered also a 5.56mm minigun reciever?
There's no 5.56mm, 5mm, or 10mm keywords available nor can you currently make them, so unless you want a non-descriptive name those are going to have to wait until we get the F4CK.

I hope that name catches on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Baron posted:

Are your using the latest version of MO? My .ini files show up fine.

That's the version that doesn't accept local saves though. Unless I import my entire save library to the cloud, I guess.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Heads up, steam just downloaded a new update for FO4 that disabled the data file menu in the launcher, not sure how this will effect mods.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Kea posted:

Heads up, steam just downloaded a new update for FO4 that disabled the data file menu in the launcher, not sure how this will effect mods.

Probably won't affect them at all, and even less so when/if GECK comes out and we have Mod Organizer working with the game (I mean officially and not in a beta build).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kea posted:

Probably just reverted the change in the ini files that let you access the data menu.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.
Just remember to keep your plugin.txt file in the Fallout 4 App Data folder read-only, so the game doesn't disable your mods. You'll have to reapply that change whenever you mess with your load order or activate a new mod, IIRC.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I'm using this mod in the "Trade-In" mode advertised on Very Hard, and I like it a lot. It allows you to scrap Legendary items you found for rare components like gold, nuclear material, etc. and then use them to build Legendary mods on other equipment. You still have to put the work in to find Legendary items, but you're able to build complete, matching sets with the enhancements you'd like. It's a nice upgrade on the Legendary Items system the game offers.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Playing on survival difficulty with no perks into increased weapon damage with that mod to reduce loot and I think i'm about to run out of ammunition. woops.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Oh God I've got the SimJunktown bug. :wom:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SplitSoul posted:

Oh God I've got the SimJunktown bug. :wom:

WTB Richard Dean Anderson voice pack

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Okay so steam pushed out a small update this morning, and now it seems like none of my mods are working any more. I use the NMM, is there anything I can do? Do I need to just disable and then re-enable them?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

HogX posted:

Okay so steam pushed out a small update this morning, and now it seems like none of my mods are working any more. I use the NMM, is there anything I can do? Do I need to just disable and then re-enable them?

I dont use the NMM so what I did is just add them to my falloutplugins.txt. It is in users/username/appdate/local.fallout4 but there may be an easier way.Oh and set it to read only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Loading the game turned all my mods off, so loading NMM, turning all the mods on, then closing NMM, then setting the appdata local plugins.txt to read only worked.

• Locked thread