Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I was...I was just saying....Thanksgiving may be ruined but...but hopefully Christmas is better!

The he gives himself up to the cops aka two random people in suits in the lobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's because Opie jumped to that immediately on the air. I'm 100% certain he was focused on the call, walked into the road and nearly got hit. You can clearly hear tire screeches in the background.

Bobo was seriously radio gold every single time. His list of guys he'd go gay for was amazing due to his insane reasoning for some of them, including wanting to go back in time and gently caress a member of N'Sync in front of some girl who turned him down.

Also his insistence on his first date with a girl consisting of eating huge burgers at a bar and then going back to a lovely motel his uncle owns.

He wanted to go pussy diving with so poor woman at XM he was convinced was his girlfriend, which makes that whole first date scenario even better. Well bye, love you.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

OldTennisCourt posted:

Bobo was seriously radio gold every single time.

Rose colored hearing aids.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

talktapes posted:

Rose colored hearing aids.

No, I genuinely enjoyed Bobo when he wasn't doing cringey over the phone stuff involving his family (the fugitive was a-ok)

For example: Cooowwwwsss...

Morter fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 7, 2015

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Apoplexy posted:

I still laugh every single time I think of him messing up saying Lady Di. LADY MYEHHHHHH

It's made better that every time they tried to replay the audio, Di would talk over it.

During the fitness challenge, apparently Bobo talked into a video camera lens like it was a microphone. It sucks that video was never uploaded just to see his big dumb mouth fogging up the lens.

Or when Bobo introduced Rich Vos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XUJtOUFyg

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 7, 2015

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Myeeeh knock it off spaaade!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

TL posted:

I loved his Bobocabulary. My favorite was when he talked about Colin's show, Long Shory Stort.

Took me forever to find this one: Finally.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Morter posted:

Took me forever to find this one: Finally.

the bit at the end where bobo is breaking down and ant starts playing the sad piano music loving murders me

e: 2:52:00-ish

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 7, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I think we can agree that Bobo was an amazing DJ though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq8NkdvJupw

And here's Bad because, YES I HAVE BEEN BAD AT TIMES! ~dead silence~

V----He doesn't say ALRIGHT but he does scream gently caress YOU! and then says alright in the next sentence, it was after the fitness event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6kBJSD-BNo

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 7, 2015

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I always liked Ant's indignant Bobo impression. "Nyyyyah I don't know awright." I'm pretty sure in one of his freakouts, Bobo actually yelled "gently caress YOU AWRIGHT!!"

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

OldTennisCourt posted:

V----He doesn't say ALRIGHT but he does scream gently caress YOU! and then says alright in the next sentence, it was after the fitness event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6kBJSD-BNo

I forgot about Bobo vowing to return, even if he "has to be reduced to Ron and Fez". Also, Bobo the one man band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtH2AnU_bFU

Probably my favorite Jimmy line ever:

BOBO: You wouldn't want to see the look on my Mom's face!
JIMMY: I'm sure it's no worse than the look in the delivery room.

TL fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 7, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Jimmy's reactions to Bobo were so weird. He'd try to be nice to him and even apologized to him on air once for going too far but then he'd get seemingly legitimately really angry at him and tear into him. I think he just slowly got disgusted with him.

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary

Morter posted:

No, I genuinely enjoyed Bobo when he wasn't doing cringey over the phone stuff involving his family (the fugitive was a-ok)

For example: Cooowwwwsss...

When I first heard this I was crying. I miss bobo so much. I wish the road trip really happened.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

OldTennisCourt posted:

Also his insistence on his first date with a girl consisting of eating huge burgers at a bar and then going back to a lovely motel his uncle owns.

Recommended for: Family, Couples, Pussy Diving

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

OldTennisCourt posted:

Ahahaha yes the huge burger and then off to the Queens Motor Inn for pussy diving

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
He also couldn't even talk about sex without these horrifying noises he would make "And then we'd nrggg gurglr goooo back to da motor inn and heheh glrygl I'd last for at least an hour"

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I loved the weird grunts and moans he'd make whenever he was getting scolded for giving out his Twitter or Facebook password.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/bobo103nyc reminder that he has 200,000 twitter followers. Pretty obvious you're all just jealous of him.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

An Enormous Boner posted:

https://twitter.com/bobo103nyc reminder that he has 200,000 twitter followers. Pretty obvious you're all just jealous of him.
loving Grumpy Cat has 300k and can probably function better in society

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

CrashCat posted:

loving Grumpy Cat has 300k and can probably function better in society

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Cromulent posted:

I always liked Ant's indignant Bobo impression. "Nyyyyah I don't know awright." I'm pretty sure in one of his freakouts, Bobo actually yelled "gently caress YOU AWRIGHT!!"

On one of the old Opie's Eye videos they showed that one of Bobo's random "gently caress YOU" outbursts was because Sam and Danny were standing in front of him in studio and randomly flipping him off

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

It wasn't random, it was because they were mocking him for being "banned from the show", because he lost the fitness challenge. He (somehow?!) got lost going around an entire city block. :eyepop:

If there's any O&A historians, anyone know what made Anthony start saying "Here comes the pre!" I'm pretty sure Bobo never said it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Morter posted:

It wasn't random, it was because they were mocking him for being "banned from the show", because he lost the fitness challenge. He (somehow?!) got lost going around an entire city block. :eyepop:

If there's any O&A historians, anyone know what made Anthony start saying "Here comes the pre!" I'm pretty sure Bobo never said it.

As I recall they were playing the millions of voice mails Bobo had left for some random woman at the station he thought he was dating. He (for some reason) had his pants down and it happened.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Bobo's Twitter says he's on Team Cumia. I take it he's persona non grata with Opie?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

https://twitter.com/BrockerArtworks/status/673949212887781376

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stop trying to make me hate that show :argh:

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Apoplexy posted:

I still laugh every single time I think of him messing up saying Lady Di. LADY MYEHHHHHH

https://youtu.be/y8AoyoA3GlE?t=22m41s

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

TL posted:

Bobo's Twitter says he's on Team Cumia. I take it he's persona non grata with Opie?

Bobo's been like that since Anthony was fired. He's called in to O&J like, once. Apparently you can spray lysol in Bobo's face and beat him over the head with the bottle and he'll still prefer your company.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PtgHyuDFxA

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Bobo is God. I'm always happy when I hear him.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
My favorite caller. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a594Shppbj8

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Just take the fuckin hit!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Lovechop posted:

the bit at the end where bobo is breaking down and ant starts playing the sad piano music loving murders me

e: 2:52:00-ish

I can't get over just how loving insane that whole bit is. Truly psychotic.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I love any clip when they would get Bobo to talk dirty to the female guests in studio.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I feel like Opie was a passably funny guy back when they were doing shock jocky stuff and going to war with other radio shows. It's a shame he couldn't just chill out and consign himself to playing second fiddle (third fiddle?) when the show changed. Then again, Ant was going to get himself fired for his racism eventually.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Then again, Ant was going to get himself fired for his racism eventually.

I still remember listening in horror as he unironically, passionately expounded on the science of eugenics in 2014 (AD). Was not shocked in the slightest when he finally copped it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I'll loving never get sick of that. I love that everyone else picks up on it and play it back a few more times, too. Though linking that compilation just makes me waste 4 hours listening to the whole thing over again. God was Lady Di a trainwreck then, and somehow got worse. Has she called in since getting dementia, and does anyone have a link to that call?

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Wait Bobo isnt dead is he?

My favorite was always "Bobo go home and go to bed!"

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Ransom posted:

He was just at Anthony's house for his Thanksgiving show. He's just dead to the Opie show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ransom posted:

What was going on when that was said? I remember Bobo was on the bus, on the way to do something, they were egging him on, then Jimmy realized they were about to get him killed and themselves fired and they put a stop to it. I just don't remember what Bobo was trying to do.

• Locked thread