Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WienerDog posted:

I just got a cool 10 million CR for my Level 200 Wheelspin :c00l:

Also, I ran out of gas in the One:1 before I finished ten laps of the Indy Oval. I still haven't got the achievement for hitting 250MPH in any car. Can someone recommend a track and car to do that?

Le Mans is the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

BCRock posted:

Did the prize spin values go up for you before you hit level 200, or is that the first time you've seen CR prizes over 1M?

That was the only one.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

track day bro! posted:

So I bought this game, does anyone in Europe even play it? Or is it just terrible americans having slapfights over last place making massive essay posts about overtaking.
No one gives a gently caress about Europe.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Tru

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Pretty sure the Ford GT can still hit 250moh on lemans with the 1003 hp turnt up Ferarri engine in it.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Dr. Faustus posted:

Screw you guys, there are a few of us in GMT like time zones.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Spamtheman posted:

Screw you guys, there are a few of us in GMT like time zones.
Just kidding, STM. Europe is awesome.
I was just goofing because I'm the essay poster TDB was complaining about. I mostly race with Oceanic/Australians and those guys, because I'm up late.

Although, I think game developers/distributors do believe in the "no one gives a gently caress about Europe" paradigm. Not sure.

I wasn't serious.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Faustus posted:

Just kidding, STM. Europe is awesome.
I was just goofing because I'm the essay poster TDB was complaining about. I mostly race with Oceanic/Australians and those guys, because I'm up late.

Although, I think game developers/distributors do believe in the "no one gives a gently caress about Europe" paradigm. Not sure.

I wasn't serious.

I think i've still got you on my friends list anyway :mrgw:

Also why is there no RUF in this game and when is Porsche coming. Also where is Suzuka.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

track day bro! posted:

Also why is there no RUF in this game and when is Porsche coming. Also where is Suzuka.

Porsche is next year at some point.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

track day bro! posted:

I've chilled out a lot. Prozac has that effect on some people. :iamafag:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

I've chilled out a lot. Prozac has that effect on some people. :iamafag:

Howdy, we need to do some back marker racing soon.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The servers have been so hit and miss for the last week. Sometimes I'll get in a lobby and race until I've had enough and other times I'll join a lobby wait for the next race to start then wait 5 minutes for the track to load then get dumped back to the lobby screen with 90% of the other players while like 2 players somehow managed to load the track and have already done 5/6 laps. Or sometimes the track will load normally but there will be a whole bunch of cars stationary on the grid when the races starts then I'll just get dc'ed from the lobby along with everyone else.

Is this just the Microsoft soft servers being poo poo or some weird thing in the way F6 deals with people timing out during loading screens or something. Its getting pretty annoying!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Typical Oceanic/Australian S class lobby lineup: Falcon, Falcon, Falcon, BBLM, BBLM, BBLM, Commodore, 08 Viper, 08 Viper, Commodore, Commodore, Commodore, Falcon, some random team forza cars.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

comatose posted:

The servers have been so hit and miss for the last week. Sometimes I'll get in a lobby and race until I've had enough and other times I'll join a lobby wait for the next race to start then wait 5 minutes for the track to load then get dumped back to the lobby screen with 90% of the other players while like 2 players somehow managed to load the track and have already done 5/6 laps. Or sometimes the track will load normally but there will be a whole bunch of cars stationary on the grid when the races starts then I'll just get dc'ed from the lobby along with everyone else.

Is this just the Microsoft soft servers being poo poo or some weird thing in the way F6 deals with people timing out during loading screens or something. Its getting pretty annoying!

Typical Oceanic/Australian S class lobby lineup: Falcon, Falcon, Falcon, BBLM, BBLM, BBLM, Commodore, 08 Viper, 08 Viper, Commodore, Commodore, Commodore, Falcon, some random team forza cars.

This is what has been happening since launch

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I don't remember them being as bad as they have been this past week. Have they at least acknowledged that its poo poo?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

comatose posted:

I don't remember them being as bad as they have been this past week. Have they at least acknowledged that its poo poo?

Turn 10 hasn't acknowledged 99% of this game's problems. The more time goes on and the more I realize things like how loving awful the replacement for the old storefront is, how terribly broken voice chat is, how bad the servers are, how terrible the AI is, and the longer Turn 10 says absolute jack to address these problems many of which have apparently been a thing since 5, the more I start to realize why the official forums for this game are so hostile towards Turn 10. This game has the best car and track list of any Forza to date and this should be a game that is heads and shoulders better than Forza 4, but those issues and bad design decisions make it not that and that is a goddamn shame.

Forza 4 is still the best Forza game and I'm starting to second guess myself having bought an Xbox One just for Forza 6.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 7, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's a good Cubey post.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
*scans forza 4 tracklist*

ahhhh fujimi, truly the best in the series

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SquirrelGrip posted:

*scans forza 4 tracklist*

ahhhh fujimi, truly the best in the series

There are some people who legit think this and they are broken, though not as bad as the weirdos who miss Twin Ring Motegi.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Fujimi Kaido is legit good though.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Cubey posted:

There are some people who legit think this and they are broken, though not as bad as the weirdos who miss Twin Ring Motegi.

I miss Tsukuba am I one of the weirdos

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Eleeleth posted:

I think Tsukuba was pretty well-liked. Great door-banging track - but I feel like it'd be terrifying with the new larger lobbies.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Eleeleth posted:

Nah man Tsukuba is fine, don't think anyone really had much bad to say about it. Suzuka was the best Japanese track though and I miss it.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Lets do the 2.4 hours of Long beach west enduro.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Cubey posted:

i am legit disappointed there is no fujimi/tsukuba just like im disappointed i cant put work equip 03's on every car

then again i would pay real money to have these added so my disappointment is more "do this just for me thanks"

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
I loved Fujimi because it wasn't a hotlap track. It was so long and I doubt more than a few hundred people really "memorized" it, so it was more of a battle of "Who can do this track well enough to not destroy their car". The downhill section made the worse shitbox D-class cars feel like superman.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

robotsinmyhead posted:

I loved Fujimi because it wasn't a hotlap track. It was so long and I doubt more than a few hundred people really "memorized" it, so it was more of a battle of "Who can do this track well enough to not destroy their car". The downhill section made the worse shitbox D-class cars feel like superman.

Night/Rain versions would make for some awesome spec races/drift sessions

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you didn't like Fujimi it's because you have objectively bad opinions.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

robotsinmyhead posted:

I did memorize it while doing hotlaps on every track. Not that memorizing it was very hard since it's just a bunch of 30mph hairpins for 10 miles, I don't understand what is fun about that at all.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
you measure its corners by what gear you want to be in banging the limiter eg. 3rd not 30mph

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Cubey posted:

I did memorize it while doing hotlaps on every track. Not that memorizing it was very hard since it's just a bunch of 30mph hairpins for 10 miles, I don't understand what is fun about that at all.

Ether Frenzy posted:

If you didn't like Fujimi it's because you have objectively bad opinions.

I never memorized it, but I knew it by the sections. That track was much more than the switchback section on the "forward" 2nd half of the uphill.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I dont think I ever had a good race on Fujimi, it was fun to take a car on a quick run with though. Same goes for that long version of Amalfi that wasnt in FM4?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Rally di Positano. It had a pretty sweet jump if you drove it backwards.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
Oh yes, Amalfi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NJ0MMOitDU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I think i prefer Amalfi to Fujimi. The so-called "drifting" circuit was way too wide.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm loving terrible at drifting so I've never cared for those tracks.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

gently caress that track forever, the short version I mean.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I loved Fujimi in the lowest class cars. I remember very fondly spec and dice races in cars like stock Pintos, stock VW Beatles (could barely get up the mountain), the Pacer... that poo poo was fun as hell because it was grinding the way up the mountain and then "ohhhhh fuuuuck!" all the way down.

If I had to choose between Fujimi and Positano full, well... that's a tough call for me. Positano is great, of course; but a FM6 version of Fujimi could be amazing, especially if it got then loving lighting treatment the 'Ring got in FM5.

Wet: I'll take Positano.
Night: I'll take either, but prefer Fujimi.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'd like a whole new touge circuit done from scratch. Just find a real-world japanese road and laser scan it. (They sure as hell dont make original tracks anymore. I have a feeling laser-scanning is a requirement for them because making a high-fi fake track these days takes too much work, adding each bump and crest and imperfection required They only do 1 per release, and RIO is 6's one)

I'd go with Irohazaka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaSMzIZwpRA

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I'd like a whole new touge circuit done from scratch. Just find a real-world japanese road and laser scan it. (They sure as hell dont make original tracks anymore. I have a feeling laser-scanning is a requirement for them because making a high-fi fake track these days takes too much work, adding each bump and crest and imperfection required They only do 1 per release, and RIO is 6's one)

I'd go with Irohazaka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaSMzIZwpRA

a good poster

laser scan gunma cycle centre and call it the hot version pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
For those who saw the show thats the road where takumi blew up his motor and lost.

• Locked thread