Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

And to be fair I'm not sure how it's possible to either play fantasy football or follow the sport of football without ever seeing or hearing about one of the best receivers in the league this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Follow your heart (and maybe some box scores), namaste

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

RCarr posted:

And to be fair I'm not sure how it's possible to either play fantasy football or follow the sport of football without ever seeing or hearing about one of the best receivers in the league this season.

i play fantasy football and i haven't watched a non-super bowl NFL game in like three years and i know who allen robinson is and tried to draft the poo poo out of him in every league.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

RCarr posted:

I'll concede that this guy is excellent, clearly, I missed the loving memo, but c'mon "Pro tip" guy was kind of a dick, too.

Arguably, what I've been doing has worked out very nicely for me. I didn't know who Robinson was at the beginning of the season, trades weren't happening in my league, mostly due to apathy on behalf of like half the league, and while he's top ten WR, there was very little reason for me to pay two bits of attention to anyone else's team when I know they're not going to trade what few very good players they have for the few positions where I have absolutely middling ones. I'm making Free Agents and initial draft picks work for me, very well. Give up a top ten QB/TE/WR/RB (any or all) for one WR? No, thanks, he's good,but not that good.

I have learned more about the game and the people who play it in the last four months than I've ever known about football.

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 7, 2015

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
To be honest, I would trade a top ten QB, TE or maybe even a top ten RB for top 10 WR Allen Robinson, depending on my team's needs. I would not, however, trade a top 10 WR for other top 10 WR Allen Robinson because 1 for 1 trades at the same position are dumb and bad.

Also, try not to get too worked up when people call you out for not knowing who one of the best wide receivers in the league this year is. Even if you're not looking to trade, if you're interested in the sport of football or the fool's errand of fantasy football, it is good practice to know that dudes such as Allen Robinson do, indeed, exist.

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006
Up by 12, with only my opponents D-Jax left to go. I don't feel comfortable.

However, if I manage to win, I'll somehow squeak my way into playoffs despite the fact that my team had the third lowest points scored all season. Fantasy football is weird like that.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

DeepDickPizza posted:

To be honest, I would trade a top ten QB, TE or maybe even a top ten RB for top 10 WR Allen Robinson, depending on my team's needs. I would not, however, trade a top 10 WR for other top 10 WR Allen Robinson because 1 for 1 trades at the same position are dumb and bad.

Also, try not to get too worked up when people call you out for not knowing who one of the best wide receivers in the league this year is. Even if you're not looking to trade, if you're interested in the sport of football or the fool's errand of fantasy football, it is good practice to know that dudes such as Allen Robinson do, indeed, exist.

Two of my three WR are top ten, with my third just out of it (though he had a piss poor showing this week, hence my griping).

I'm not upset anyone called me out, because it's evident I was silly for not knowing who he is. If you'd asked me ten weeks ago who Brandon Marshall or Landry were, I wouldn't have been able to tell you, but I learned, and in time to kick rear end (picked up both as Free Agents). I was annoyed at tone and the condescending "Pro tip" tossed my way, when I felt it was completely unnecessary. Had Robinson been on my radar until now? No, but he is now, and maybe I'll aim for him instead of a disappointing Julio Jones (unless the Falcons get their poo poo together during the off season) next year. If I continue this endeavor next year, it'll be on less of a "Gee golly, yeah I guess I'll help you round out the league" basis, and yeah, I'll focus more on the broad spectrum of players. If I don't do it next year, then oh well it was fun.

Bringing it back round to actual content: last game of the season pre playoffs next week, and I'm fairly confident in my lineup, but I'm wondering if I should bench Landry for Cooks who has been widely underestimated this season and regularly out performs projected points. He's not getting 43 points a game, but he's regularly topping twenty, and with my other two being Julio and Marshall, and Cooks going up against a pretty offensively boring Tampa Bay defense, I feel like it might be the wise decision.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Went into the Sunday night game down by a ton with Antonio Brown left to play, won by 3 thanks to his Kick Return TD and now I have the bye next week because the person who was 1 game ahead of me in our division lost to the 1-11 person (and I have the points scored tie breaker). Also, in the 16 man standard scoring league, I just finished the season 12-1 thanks to my RB-RB-RB-WR-WR draft that everyone mocked (went Leveon, Lamar Miller, J.Stew, Landry, Allen Robinson). I love fantasy football.
:smug:

cheese fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 7, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Posted the highest score in the league this year this week and I left Russell Wilson on the bench for Stafford. If I had Wilson in, I would have beaten the record for most points in a week in the decade this league has been around :eyepop:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Posted the highest score in the league this year this week and I left Russell Wilson on the bench for Stafford. If I had Wilson in, I would have beaten the record for most points in a week in the decade this league has been around :eyepop:

Same. If I had Robinson instead of Ivory in my flex and if Santos did anything today i'd have almost 200.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
First time I've gone 4-0 this season. Posted my highest score of the season in 3 out of 4 leagues. I had Doug Baldwin on my bench in 2 leagues, I started eddy Lacey in 2 leagues. Started cam in 3 leagues, picked up Mariota off waivers and started him over rivers in the other. Moved into a playoff spot in all 4 leagues. I was 1-8 at one point in my first ESPN league and just clinched the 6th seed. This is the best fantasy football day ever. :feelsgood:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
So that guy who dumped his team in my league that my commissioner refused to set the lineup of would have beaten his opponent, but since they were all on the bench the other guy gets a free guaranteed playoff spot. If he had lost he would have been out due to points. If I end up not making the playoffs (I will get in if I win next week, probably out if I lose) I think I'm going to need to find a new league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Do it anyway.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

I'm one week away from a perfect season after winning by 60 points this week thanks to AB84. Well, him and Javorius. Sweet, sweet Javorius.

Spoeank posted:

Do it anyway.

Also this. Your lovely league is still lovely even if you make the playoffs.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

cool kids inc. posted:

Two of my three WR are top ten, with my third just out of it (though he had a piss poor showing this week, hence my griping).

I'm not upset anyone called me out, because it's evident I was silly for not knowing who he is. If you'd asked me ten weeks ago who Brandon Marshall or Landry were, I wouldn't have been able to tell you, but I learned, and in time to kick rear end (picked up both as Free Agents). I was annoyed at tone and the condescending "Pro tip" tossed my way, when I felt it was completely unnecessary. Had Robinson been on my radar until now? No, but he is now, and maybe I'll aim for him instead of a disappointing Julio Jones (unless the Falcons get their poo poo together during the off season) next year. If I continue this endeavor next year, it'll be on less of a "Gee golly, yeah I guess I'll help you round out the league" basis, and yeah, I'll focus more on the broad spectrum of players. If I don't do it next year, then oh well it was fun.

Bringing it back round to actual content: last game of the season pre playoffs next week, and I'm fairly confident in my lineup, but I'm wondering if I should bench Landry for Cooks who has been widely underestimated this season and regularly out performs projected points. He's not getting 43 points a game, but he's regularly topping twenty, and with my other two being Julio and Marshall, and Cooks going up against a pretty offensively boring Tampa Bay defense, I feel like it might be the wise decision.

How did Brandon Marshall go undrafted? How many teams in your league?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
KelceWatch

Points needed: 27 (9 ppg)
Weeks left: 3
Fools: Anyone who took a non-Gronk TE before the 8th round

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cool kids inc. posted:

Had Robinson been on my radar until now? No, but he is now, and maybe I'll aim for him instead of a disappointing Julio Jones (unless the Falcons get their poo poo together during the off season) next year.

Ok, i understand being new to fantasy and all, but if what Julio has done this year is disappointing (Top 2 WR in PPR, Top 5 in standard), i don't even know man.

Protip, given the choice between Julio and Robinson, take Julio next year. ;)

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

VietCampo posted:

Ok, i understand being new to fantasy and all, but if what Julio has done this year is disappointing (Top 2 WR in PPR, Top 5 in standard), i don't even know man.

Protip, given the choice between Julio and Robinson, take Julio next year. ;)

In my ESPN standard scoring league he wasn't just Top 5, he was the #1 WR going into this week.

I'm so glad I picked him up in every single league I'm in this year. Of course now that I say this, I'm sure Josh Norman will make me regret my words in the playoffs. But that's less lack of faith in how incredible Julio is and more lack of faith in Matty Ice.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

BigFactory posted:

How did Brandon Marshall go undrafted? How many teams in your league?

8 teams, and as bad as you all think I am at this game, most of the rest of the league is worse. I picked up Carson Palmer and Todd Gurley as free agents, too.

Edit : yes, exactly about it not being about Julio and all being about Matt Ryan not getting him the ball/the rest of the offense not giving him room to do his thing.

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 7, 2015

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Vargo posted:

Thank you, Emmanuel Sanders, for being totally useless and making me lose by two points.

Hm and Landry were my two starting WRs.

There's going to be five people at 6-7 for I think two spots so :shrug: I'd be disappointed if my last season of fantasy has me end in one of the two spots that doesn't make the playoffs or the Sacko playoffs. What a wet fart of a finale.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

cool kids inc. posted:

8 teams, and as bad as you all think I am at this game, most of the rest of the league is worse. I picked up Carson Palmer and Todd Gurley as free agents, too.

Edit : yes, exactly about it not being about Julio and all being about Matt Ryan not getting him the ball/the rest of the offense not giving him room to do his thing.

Then maybe you can cool it with the bragging about making the playoffs in a non competitive league.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Julio will be fine.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
Made the playoffs in my 6 team league but I have to play against myself next week. Nervous tbh

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Dandy Kaiser posted:

KelceWatch

Points needed: 27 (9 ppg)
Weeks left: 3
Fools: Anyone who took a non-Gronk TE before the 8th round

Yo, I know this is your shtick and all, but you were railing against Olsen last week and he just posted 9 catches for 129 yards.

He was drafted as the TE3 and is currently the TE2. In value-based terms (i.e. compared to how other starters at the position have scored), Olsen is the twelfth overall fantasy player, which greatly exceeds his ADP of 49.

Gronk is currently 4th in VBD, surpassing his ADP of 9.
Graham is 66, failing to reach his ADP of 30 (me and a billion others said he would flop, though)
Olsen is 12, surpassing ADP of 49.
Kelce is 35, surpassing ADP of 51.

It's actually all the mid-round TEs that flopped. Bennett/Cameron/Witten/Ertz. Not the early ones (other than Graham).

In fact, the actual ppr RANKINGS (rather than ADP) had Walker and Eifert as mid/late round picks in the top 10 among TEs. They are 23rd and 13th in relative value among all players, respectively.

Drafting a TE is not universally dumb. Gronk, Olsen, Kelce, Walker, and Eifert have all FAR surpassed their ADP. Picking any of these guys any time after the 3rd round was a net win.

edit: and I say this as the guy who took Scott Chandler as my TE after having picked a kicker and a defense in the last possible round.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 7, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Julio will be fine.

Obviously you start him if you have him, but I don't think he'll really be "fine" by his standards. I'll be super happy if he's a top 25 WR his two weeks against Norman.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Forever_Peace posted:

Yo, I know this is your shtick and all, but you were railing against Olsen last week and he just posted 9 catches for 129 yards.

He was drafted as the TE3 and is currently the TE2. In value-based terms (i.e. compared to how other starters at the position have scored), Olsen is the twelfth overall fantasy player, which greatly exceeds his ADP of 49.

Gronk is currently 4th in VBD, surpassing his ADP of 9.
Graham is 66, failing to reach his ADP of 30 (me and a billion others said he would flop, though)
Olsen is 12, surpassing ADP of 49.
Kelce is 35, surpassing ADP of 51.

It's actually all the mid-round TEs that flopped. Bennett/Cameron/Witten/Ertz. Not the early ones (other than Graham).

In fact, the actual ppr RANKINGS (rather than ADP) had Walker and Eifert as mid/late round picks in the top 10 among TEs. They are 23rd and 13th in relative value among all players, respectively.

Drafting a TE is not universally dumb. Gronk, Olsen, Kelce, Walker, and Eifert have all FAR surpassed their ADP. Picking any of these guys any time after the 3rd round was a net win.

Yeah, I was just looking at this yesterday, but if Greg Olsen was a running back, he'd be the number 7 running back. That's pretty good value for a 5th/6th round pick (even for a 4th). Was Barnidge better value? Sure, but only one person could have grabbed him per league and nobody could have predicted that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"I haven't fallen off my bike once!" says child with training wheels.

We get it that you're excited to be doing well in an 8-team league but you're, well, in an 8-team league. You didn't know one of the biggest fantasy stars in the league this year and puffed out your chest and was a dick about it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

We get it that you're excited to be doing well in an 8-team league but you're, well, in an 8-team league. You didn't know one of the biggest fantasy stars in the league this year and puffed out your chest and was a dick about it.

He should join the charity league next year.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Spoeank posted:

Fair enough. I've seen lots of bragging and griping and have already conceded the Robinson point. The original post was supposed to be just a bit of exasperation (of which I've seen plenty in here) and it turned into this whole thing, so I'll just take my training wheels and unbookmark the thread as I'm obviously not on the same serious business level as everyone else. I understand this will be read as taking my toys and leaving, but it's really not. I am playing for fun in a silly free play work league, I don't really know if I have it in me to deal with the grief that I apparently brought on myself by posting about casual play in here.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

cool kids inc. posted:

Fair enough. I've seen lots of bragging and griping and have already conceded the Robinson point. The original post was supposed to be just a bit of exasperation (of which I've seen plenty in here) and it turned into this whole thing, so I'll just take my training wheels and unbookmark the thread as I'm obviously not on the same serious business level as everyone else. I understand this will be read as taking my toys and leaving, but it's really not. I am playing for fun in a silly free play work league, I don't really know if I have it in me to deal with the grief that I apparently brought on myself by posting about casual play in here.

Post away and let us have our fun. You've brushed up against a few of our more prickly posters who IIRC have missed the playoffs :D . It's the time of year when the apathy sets in. Don't be a baby, but now you know who ARob is.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

cool kids inc. posted:

If a few people calling you out for not knowing a top ten receiver is sufficient "grief" to justify you going back to your own little safe space then perhaps this isn't the place for you. People are giving you poo poo because you continue bringing attention to yourself and the fact that you didn't know who a top ten receiver was. That's not serious business, that's just fantasy football. Hell that's Internet 101.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

cool kids inc. posted:

You've had this thread bookmarked all season and you didn't recognize the name of the number 5 wide receiver by Week 13?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So what's the deal with Demarco Murray? I have him as a flex in one league and he's about to be benched for Lockett ROS.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BigFactory posted:

Yeah, I was just looking at this yesterday, but if Greg Olsen was a running back, he'd be the number 7 running back. That's pretty good value for a 5th/6th round pick (even for a 4th). Was Barnidge better value? Sure, but only one person could have grabbed him per league and nobody could have predicted that.

I targeted Eifert in all my leagues as my late round TE, but could've just as easily whiffed on ASJ or Ertz or whoever too. I certainly would've grabbed Bennett or Witten if they fell a bit lower than adp and considered it a steal, too, so I'm happy others like their TEs and saved me from that.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

cool kids inc. posted:

If someone gives you grief, so the gently caress what? Just ignore them or say "alright, thx" and move on. Especially over Allen Robinson. We aren't talking about a perennial superstar here.

Anyway, in one of my leagues, I have the highest total points yet I will be missing the playoffs. What are the odds? 10123421342324323432 to 1. I calculated them.

BigFactory posted:

You've had this thread bookmarked all season and you didn't recognize the name of the number 5 wide receiver by Week 13?

Oh come on. It's a 2nd year WR who did absolutely nothing before playing on a lovely team in a small market. If someone isn't on your fantasy team, and they aren't plastered all over sportscenter, it's totally reasonable for someone to not know their name. Why would they? I don't follow the stats of guys not on my team unless I'm going up against them in head to head that week. You guys are going overboard on this Allen Robinson thing.

commish fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 7, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

commish posted:

If someone gives you grief, so the gently caress what? Just ignore them or say "alright, thx" and move on. Especially over Allen Robinson. We aren't talking about a perennial superstar here.

Anyway, in one of my leagues, I have the highest total points yet I will be missing the playoffs. What are the odds? 10123421342324323432 to 1. I calculated them.

In 3 out of 4 leagues i'm in, the #1 team has the least points scored against by at least 100 in each league. Getting Lucky with your Matchups is probably one of the best things for your fantasy team.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

commish posted:

I just barely squeaked into the playoffs (in 6th place!) after that Antonio Brown punt return TD with the most points scored in my league (over 100 more than anyone else). My record is 6-7 now haha

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

cool kids inc. posted:

If you'd asked me ten weeks ago who Brandon Marshall or Landry were, I wouldn't have been able to tell you, but I learned, and in time to kick rear end (picked up both as Free Agents).
You're medalling in the special olympics and bragging about it, I get it now.

cool kids inc. posted:

If you weren't such a big baby you could learn from this thread. Sorry for the grief, maybe find a fainting couch in a safe space so you don't get hurt the next time you catch the vapors.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

VietCampo posted:

So what's the deal with Demarco Murray? I have him as a flex in one league and he's about to be benched for Lockett ROS.

The offense is worse with him in the game and I think Chip has given up trying to work the square peg of Murray into the round hole of the offense. I wouldn't play Murray at all. I've watched all of the Eagles games this season. I see no way that Murray or Bradford return next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

BigFactory posted:

I had it bookmarked two weeks. I didn't know this subforum existed until mid season, and I didn't know about this thread specifically until about two weeks ago. I've been reading the weekly sit/start thread and since there's no question about this guy (you start him unless he's not playing ), the name never came up. I've been using fantasypros rankings to manage my team and it's done me good so far.

I don't know how many times I can say "woops my fart" before it stops being a god drat issue.The level of salt that someone with my level of inexperience, even in the worst goddamn league ever, making the playoffs in here is impressive. I tried to change the subject, but my inexperience keeps coming up. So I'm going to give it one last shot.

Landry was disappointing this week, do we forsee this being a thing next week against the Giants? Like I said before, considering Cooks in his stead, but I also have DeSean Jackson currently benched as an option.

• Locked thread