Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Boca has 80000 socios and a 35000 stadium. Most of the time when it's an important game they use a ranking or you have tu buy an aditional ticket as a way to limit who can go but this time the club did nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

hecko posted:

I'm a socio so I only pay a monthly fee of 230 pesos (about us$ 24) per month.

Quick question, is being a socio is the south american version of being in a supporter group where you can get cheaper tickets and have your own area of the stadium to do wacky hijinks like banners, smoke bombs and something fighting with the away fans?

Also here is the weekly Liga MX post of the week

Last week results

Guadalajara 4 - 4 Pachuca
Toluca 2 - 3 América
Chiapas 1 - 0 Puebla
Cruz Azul 1 - 1 Veracruz
León 2 - 1 Atlas
Morelia 4 - 0 Dorados
Tigres UANL 2 - 2 Santos Laguna
Querétaro 3 - 1 Monterrey
Tijuana 1 - 2 Pumas

Round 15 of the Apertura 2015 (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Friday, November 6, 2015

7:30 PM
Veracruz v Tigres UANL

9:30 PM
Santos Laguna v Morelia

Saturday, November 7, 2015

5:00 PM

Cruz Azul v Toluca

7:00 PM

Monterrey v América

8:06 PM
Pachuca v León

8:30 PM
Atlas v Chiapas

9:00 PM
Dorados v Guadalajara

Sunday, November 8, 2015

12:00 PM
Pumas v Querétaro

Puebla v Tijuana

Current Table

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Every team is a sport club were its members can practice many different activities and sports. That's why most teams are called Club Atletico something. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_club

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Argentina- Brasil suspended due heavy rain and flooding.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
This is all Macri's fault

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I was irl mad at bein sports for showing the same game on two channels but welp

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Polidoro posted:

This is all Macri's fault

Renuncie montonero Macri.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Venezuela has lost all their games

good poo poo boys

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

wow ecuador kicking rear end

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I'm mad as hell, Tabárez's assistant is just as bad as him making subs. We had three players completely exhausted and he made two ridiculous subs and saved the last one. Egidio Arévalo Ríos and Máxi Pereira are loving done, we played much better without them in the first two games and I hope Cáceres crashes his car one last time.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

arg vs bra is an alright game i guess

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Weaponized Cum posted:

arg vs bra is an alright game i guess

it's just ok

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Oh snap

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

now it's better

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

David Luiz is a loving retard

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

sorry for you hecko but lol at argentina

In other news, this happened the other day at a second division match, the home narrator was saying how poo poo the referee was and the ref sent him off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO5l_sGVw54

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 14, 2015

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I didn't even care to watch the game. Martino is not a good manager and have the same problem Bianchi had, only can work with poo poo players because his tactics relies too much on motivation.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

sorry for you hecko but lol at argentina

In other news, this happened the other day at a second division match, the home narrator was saying how poo poo the referee was and the ref sent him off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO5l_sGVw54

The look on the players' faces is priceless, and the sour look on the linesman's face as the commentator leaves is hilarious.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

hecko posted:

I didn't even care to watch the game. Martino is not a good manager and have the same problem Bianchi had, only can work with poo poo players because his tactics relies too much on motivation.

Lol you reminded me of Bianchi's story about not knowing what to say to Roma players because they were all rich and he was used to motivating his players with getting out of poverty and help their families.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
The same thing happened to him when he was at Atlético Madrid. That's why Martino did great with Paraguay and Newel's and like a contemporary philosopher would say "crashed the Ferrari" at Barcelona.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone and it's the last week in the Apertura this week in mexico after the WCQ week, I also forgot to post for some midweek games but I been busy for the last few weeks so sorry about that. Playoffs start next I think and then it's the short time off before the start of the 2016 Clausura, anyway here's the Liga MX post of the week.

Last rounds results

Pachuca 1 - 2 Cruz Azul
Atlas 0 - 1 Guadalajara
Dorados 0 - 0 Veracruz
Puebla 2 - 1 Tijuana
Pumas 2 - 1 Querétaro
Atlas 2 - 3 Chiapas
Cruz Azul 1 - 2 Toluca
Dorados 2 - 1 Guadalajara
Monterrey 2 - 1 América
Pachuca 3 - 2 León
Santos Laguna 2 - 3 Morelia
Veracruz 1 - 3 Tigres UANL

Round 17 of the Apertura 2015 (all times CST/-6 UTC)

Friday, November 20, 2015

7:30 PM

Querétaro v Puebla

9:30 PM

Tijuana v Atlas

Saturday, November 21, 2015

América v Pumas

7:00 PM

Tigres UANL v Cruz Azul

8:06 PM

León v Dorados

8:30 PM

Morelia v Veracruz

9:00 PM

Chiapas v Pachuca

Sunday, November 22, 2015

12:00 PM

Toluca v Monterrey

Guadalajara v Santos Laguna

Current Table

I will post the playoff table once every team is set.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

15 players just quit the Venezuelan National Team. I know they have worse things going on right now over there but still, pretty hosed up.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
They are quitting because they don't like Sanvicente and the FA heads

The FA is corrupt as hell like everything else here but looks like the players got fed up

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lmao this is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNTBRhsOoxg

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

La puta madre loco.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
God drat it. Atletico fired Levir Culpi for "only" being runner ups in the Brazilian league, and instead of hiring the available Cuca, they hired Diego Aguirre...

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

joepinetree posted:

God drat it. Atletico fired Levir Culpi for "only" being runner ups in the Brazilian league, and instead of hiring the available Cuca, they hired Diego Aguirre...

The price of coke in MG is about to skyrocket*

*allegedly

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, it's not like Cuca is exactly a brilliant hire either.

Brazilian teams need to stop firing coaches for little to no reason, goddamnit.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Cuca at least put most of this current Atletico team together and won a libertadores with them. Ideally Atletico would have kept Levir Culpi, because firing him for losing to Corinthians' record setting campaign with a team that sold half of the midfield from last year, including the best player, is insanity.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Brazilians have the best nicknames

Cuca lol

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Brazilians have the best nicknames

Cuca lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmA-Wbm85wc

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Apparently Rogerio Ceni just retired, with 1256 games, 131 goals and 1 team played for. Legend, and I doubt we'll see another keeper like him in our lifetimes.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

He's one of my favourite players ever, and I agree we won't see anyone like him any time soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXY8n3Z8TX8

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Chilavert was better IMO but was also a piece of poo poo. Ceni was ok as a keeper but it was always fun watch him score freekicks. My dad meet Rogerio in an airport and Sao Paulo almost lost their flight because he wouldn't stop talking and taking pictures with the fans.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Sooo... here's a thing: Player for Honduras national soccer team shot dead at mall

Associated Press posted:

Player for Honduras national soccer team shot dead at mall

By FREDDY CUEVAS

Dec. 10, 2015 8:56 PM EST

TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras (AP) — A player for the Honduran national soccer team was shot to death Thursday in a shopping mall parking lot in his hometown of La Ceiba on the country's Caribbean coast, police said.

In a statement, police said Arnold Peralta was killed outside the Uniplaza mall. He was in his hometown on vacation following the conclusion of his professional club's season.

Police said no suspects were in custody and the motive for the attack was unknown. In a second statement later, officials ruled out robbery as a possible motive. The country is plagued by gang violence and has one of the world's highest homicide rates.

The player's father, Carlos Peralta, confirmed the death at a news conference. "This is terrible. They killed my exemplary son. I can't say more because of the pain I feel."

Osman Madrid, director of Honduras' national soccer federation, said, "This is a tragic death that the national sport mourns."

Peralta, a 26-year-old midfielder, joined Club Deportivo Olimpia in the Honduran national soccer league this year. Olimpia was eliminated from the league's semifinal last weekend by its archrival, Motagua.

The soccer club expressed its condolences through its official Twitter account.

Peralta had been scheduled to play in the national team's friendly match against Cuba next week. In his professional career, he previously played for the Rangers Football Club in Scotland and Club Deportivo Vida in Honduras.

He represented Honduras at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and the 2012 Olympic Games in London. He was captain of Honduras' sub-20 national team.

___

This story has been corrected to show that Peralta is not the captain of the national team, but had been captain of the sub-20 team.

:rip: in peace

Fucitol fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 11, 2015

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Re: Mexican football

1. lmao America
2. Last night's final was great, I think I might make it a habit to watch their playoffs from now on.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Do Mexican teams send their b squad to the club world cup too?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Simone Poodoin posted:

Re: Mexican football

1. lmao America
2. Last night's final was great, I think I might make it a habit to watch their playoffs from now on.

It was crazy enough that they had highlights on American ESPN of all places this morning. Wild stuff.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

hecko posted:

Do Mexican teams send their b squad to the club world cup too?

CONCACAF cares about that stupid cup, and they had already crashed out of the playoffs so they were full strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Chivas' president announced the signing of some American guy and apparently he can't play because Chivas only plays Mexicans? but his parents are Mexicans and according to the Mexican constitution that grants him citizenship

Really weird if they don't let him play imo