Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
This is a couple days old, but I don't remember seeing it posted over the weekend. Apologies if it already was.

quote:

Mike Murphy, the Los Angeles-based ad man running Bush’s Right to Rise super PAC, isn’t about to leave the $75 million left in the group’s bank account unspent and is readying a 15-minute biographical film about Bush.

According to another source close to Right to Rise, Murphy has been floating another tactical shift to potential supporters, suggesting that he might spend the bulk of the $75 million to carpet bomb Rubio, Cruz, Carson, Chris Christie — everyone but Trump. The thinking: Making the race into a binary choice between Bush and Trump might be the only way a majority of primary voters go with Bush.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/jeb-bush-donors-polls-216436

This is simultaneously a pretty smart idea for Bush personally and a hilariously terrible idea for the Republican party as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

I'd be severely disappointed if you didn't get a perfect score on that.

JFC, these people will get upset about anything.

Reminder, there are wingnut edits of Dora the Explorer with black eyes and bruises .

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ahahahaha bush taking down the rest of the GOP establishment with him, leaving Cruz as the nominee, would be absolutely hilarious

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Aerox posted:

This is a couple days old, but I don't remember seeing it posted over the weekend. Apologies if it already was.

This is simultaneously a pretty smart idea for Bush personally and a hilariously terrible idea for the Republican party as a whole.

I have to say I did not see Citizens United being the Frankenstein monster that would be the cause of the GOP's implosion.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I hope the GOP doesn't step in and tell Bush to gently caress off, please let this carpet bomb happen

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

stinkles1112 posted:

Of course you got 100

I got 68 and I only knew about a third of those from process of elimination.

73. The Schumer picture is hilariously out of date. And Roy Blunt continues his streak of impresonating Dirk Dastardly.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

nachos posted:

I hope the GOP doesn't step in and tell Bush to gently caress off, please let this carpet bomb happen

Could they actually do anything about it (future career opportunities aside)?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I prefer this one:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Joementum posted:

I had Thai food for lunch. Take that, Tojo!

I had pho. :hf:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Aerox posted:

Stop stop my penis can only get so erect!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mr Jaunts posted:

Was there ever a time where the threat level went below Yellow? What a farce

Always be on the lookout for traitors of the homeland, citizen. :commissar:

Incidentally, a convenient trait of a country's fascist tendencies.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

nachos posted:

We've been wrong this whole time. Trump isn't the one to destroy the GOP, it's Bush. :ohdear:

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I prefer this one:

another drop in my spoopy folder

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Vietcong sympathizer spotted.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Vietcong sympathizer spotted.

Pork though, so at least ISIS still hates me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's a video of a retired Lt. Col. and current Foxnews guy calling the president a total pussy.

White House repsonds:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Here's a video of a retired Lt. Col. and current Foxnews guy calling the president a total pussy.

White House repsonds:

Was shocked to see that didn't come from Oliver North.

I'm broken thinking that right?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

zoux posted:

White House repsonds:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also, don't.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Also, don't.

The Democrats are so bad. I'm sure the WH already has people you know think long about Isis.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Sorry to re-initiate gun chat again. I've been through the last 10-15 pages of this thread and others in D&D looking for an image I remember seeing a few days ago.

It was based on this but had additional curved red lines drawn on each side (the left side curved up off the chart and the right side curved down to 0%) to indicate the "NRA argument" that if everyone had a gun there would be no gun deaths.

If anyone could dig that up, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

zoux posted:

Also, don't.

But what if this ISIS Czar betrays us, takes over ISIS, and then exacts revenge on the United States?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Czar is the wrong head of state. It should be the Isis Caliph.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Isisczar was canonically Godzilla's deadliest enemy. With all the good he's done for the Far East, imagine what he could do for the Middle!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This man is running for Vitter's Senate seat.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Given the staying power of the average GOP voter I fully expect this means either Rubio or Jeb actually win, but yeah, Trump is finally dead now.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

zoux posted:

This man is running for Vitter's Senate seat.

By supporting communist Kurds in their war against Daesh.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

T. Bombastus posted:

I think I read recently (maybe in this thread) that Cruz's Iowa numbers are so high because that's the only place he's spent any money. It's a strategy to artificially extend his loss, rather than a strategy to secure a win.

That's actually the only correct strategy for everyone in the clown portion of the tent and the major plausible way for him to win. Spending money on states that don't matter until after you've already lost the election is more of a Jeb! thing.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Adar posted:

Given the staying power of the average GOP voter I fully expect this means either Rubio or Jeb actually win, but yeah, Trump is finally dead now.

???

bush's campaign has been a comical failure thus far, what makes you think this will be any different?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Adar posted:

That's actually the only correct strategy for everyone in the clown portion of the tent and the major plausible way for him to win. Spending money on states that don't matter until after you've already lost the election is more of a Jeb! thing.

I thought that was a Giuliani thing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Adar posted:

I thought being Bill Kristol was bannable at this point.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Adar posted:

Nope. Carson couldn't do it and Cruz won't either. This is like 2012 all over again, voters will have their flavor of the month but it will always come back to Trump.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

icantfindaname posted:

???

bush's campaign has been a comical failure thus far, what makes you think this will be any different?

Two and a half months mean three more campaigns get a turn, you see

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Trump's just gonna bring up ethanol and corn subsidies, we've been through this. Iowa was a really dumb place to blow your load if you're going to rail against government subsidies

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Dec 7, 2015

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Talmonis posted:

Every time I see Ann Romney's name in print, it involves her ever increasing sense of self importance.

Does she still call herself First Lady Ann Romney? Because that's some stolen valor poo poo right there

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Adar posted:

Before people get too excited, Monmouth has a history of weird polls, like the one poll that showed Carson with a 14 point lead over Trump in Iowa back in October. They also typically show Sanders a lot further behind Clinton than most other polls.

In the past, Monmouth polls have drawn exclusively from registered voters who voted in one of the last two State Primary elections. This new poll is actually the first shift in the methodology although they didn't go into a lot of detail.

quote:

This poll marks a slight modification in Monmouth’s sampling methodology for the Iowa Republican caucuses. Prior sample frames included past state primary voters only. The current poll includes a small proportion (30%) of regular general election voters. The addition of these voters did not have a significant impact on the overall findings.

The methodology states:

quote:

The Monmouth University Poll was sponsored and conducted by the Monmouth University Polling Institute from December 3 to 6, 2015 with a statewide random sample of 425 Iowa voters drawn from a list of registered voters who voted in at least one of the last two state primary elections, voted in both the 2012 and 2014 general elections, or have registered to vote in the past year. Results in this report are based on voters who say they are likely to attend the Republican presidential caucuses in February 2016 (including voters already registered as Republicans and voters who say they will declare themselves as Republicans for the caucuses).

That said, you shouldn't discount this poll entirely, but the way they sample, even with these new adjustments, still heavily favors establishment candidates. Participated in a recent State Primary or voted in both of the last two elections knocks out a lot of the disaffected, formerly apolitical people that Trump seems to be attracting. The kinds of voters Bernie and Trump are drawing are probably not going to be well-represented in Monmouth's polling.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 7, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Epic High Five posted:

Does she still call herself First Lady Ann Romney? Because that's some stolen valor poo poo right there

She has hand calligraphy and embossed cards with her name and title. She hands them out at parties.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Wait what? Man they really unskewed the hell out of those polls didn't they?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

MariusLecter posted:

She has hand calligraphy and embossed cards with her name and title. She hands them out at parties.

She's an embarrassment to Dressage managers everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

do these people even know what Marxist means? and that trump was parodied long before his political maneuvers

zoux posted:

White House repsonds:

what do they want. do they want the US to drop a couple of thousand troops down there and have another war in iraq? I mean i think they are stupid fuckheads, but i wondering is airstrikes and spec ops is going to be enough. If we have to play world police, i would rather do it under a liberal then whatever the GOP puts out.

• Locked thread