Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Something tells me that people would notice if the national death rate increased by about 5% in one year.

It's all very well Jee-han sitting on a huge pile of very expensive potions, but it's not like he can just sell them or he'll crash the price. If only he'd pump WIS, he'd probably realise that. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

He'd not only crash the price, but he'd make himself a target. After all he's just one guy and isn't linked up with any organizations, just individuals. He'd be a juicy target.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
So, class president is getting the best faces ever. It blows my mind that there are people who not only don't like her, but are actually angry about her inclusion.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ice Phisherman posted:

I'd like to note that the fat stack of healing potions he's sitting on are ten million won a piece. That's currently 8,673 dollars.

He's sitting on a pile of potions that he could sell for just under eight million dollars.

It's also probably an extremely bad idea to do so, him being the golden goose and all.

Also, I don't really think that he needs to pump intelligence anymore. After all he's probably hit an upper limit of what a normal mage would be able to cast after all. He's also able to grind strength and endurance by doing physical exercise, but I think he really needs to dump those stats into charisma or wisdom.

Hoping for charisma. Boosting intelligence and charisma is how you break the universe over your knee.

he needs to boost luck. luck is always the god stat.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Ice Phisherman posted:

He'd not only crash the price, but he'd make himself a target. After all he's just one guy and isn't linked up with any organizations, just individuals. He'd be a juicy target.

He should launder them through teacher sorcerer guy- give him a %20 cut or so.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
didn't one of the characters mention something about a service in the abyss that will launder your money for you so money you make through the abyss looks legit?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

joachim783 posted:

didn't one of the characters mention something about a service in the abyss that will launder your money for you so money you make through the abyss looks legit?

That's to protect you from the IRS, not some magic mafia that wants to know how and why you are crashing the market for health potions and ruining their lucrative business of kidnapping orphans and bottling their lifeforce.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

The Evil Thing posted:

It's all very well Jee-han sitting on a huge pile of very expensive potions, but it's not like he can just sell them or he'll crash the price. If only he'd pump WIS, he'd probably realise that. :v:

I think you guys are underestimating the size of the ~magic realm~. Korea alone has dozens and dozens of shadowy ancient magical organizations and the site is worldwide, 900 healing pots isn't shifting any prices.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I dunno I could gently caress up the prices back in the day on WoW auction houses by dumping a couple hundred of any given item at once. :v:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

I dunno I could gently caress up the prices back in the day on WoW auction houses by dumping a couple hundred of any given item at once. :v:

WoW auction houses had a few thousand per server participating at once, and only a small percentage of those people participating in earnest. The market Jee Han would be messing with probably has tens of millions of participants at the very least.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
My prediction: I bet health potions are usually made from a person's life essence, meaning you kill people to make them. Jee-Han's dumping of potions on the market right as thousands begin to die means he'll catch the blame.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Captain Bravo posted:

My prediction: I bet health potions are usually made from a person's life essence, meaning you kill people to make them. Jee-Han's dumping of potions on the market right as thousands begin to die means he'll catch the blame.

That's awesome. I am absolutely in love with this idea.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

Captain Bravo posted:

I'm on board with this, it would also explain why they setup the dungeon that summons random people and kills them is styled after a classic video game dungeon.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:derp: Health Potions Are People!! :derp:

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
So he's not just looting health potions, he's actually looting the essence of the people killed by the dungeon. The more people a boss or its minions kill, the more potions? I like this idea.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Horizontal Tree posted:

So he's not just looting health potions, he's actually looting the essence of the people killed by the dungeon. The more people a boss or its minions kill, the more potions? I like this idea.

No the items created from his ability come from nothing, that's why it's so ridiculous.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

RatHat posted:

No the items created from his ability come from nothing, that's why it's so ridiculous.

Not from nothing, when Gaia created Jee-Han she just added loot tables to everything :v:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I bet Class President is going to find it weird when she finds out the rest of the abyss doesn't work like Jee-Han does.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

RatHat posted:

I know, I was just expanding on silly goon theories.

Bernardo Orel posted:

Not from nothing, when Gaia created Jee-Han she just added loot tables to everything :v:

Did she include leveled lists? Jee-han's gotta grind more levels just so better loot drops.
If he's really a broken gamer, can he now mod reality? How Bethesda did Gaia make his abilities?

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 7, 2015

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Horizontal Tree posted:

I know, I was just expanding on silly goon theories.

Did she include leveled lists? Jee-han's gotta grind more levels just so better loot drops.
If he's really a broken gamer, can he now mod reality? How Bethesda did Gaia make his abilities?

We've yet to see anything that broke the storyline, or caused a CTD, so I'm not sure that reality isn't already pre-modded.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

FH_Meta posted:

We've yet to see anything that broke the storyline, or caused a CTD, so I'm not sure that reality isn't already pre-modded.

Indestructible DLC dungeon doorways in the middle of all cities and downs.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Paracelsus posted:

Indestructible DLC dungeon doorways in the middle of all cities and downs.

Invisible walls on every cliff that looks fun to climb.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

When Jee-Han tries to board a plane it says "you can't travel in that direction"

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Gather your party before venturing forth.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
People start randomly getting stuck in walls and flailing their limbs about.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Random people on the street taking flight into infinity with no provocation.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

People scooting around in T-pose.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Naked / bikini mod for real life.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Jee-han drops phone in toilet. "Aww drat it, let me just grab- arrgghlb!"

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Jee-han is killed by a basket he walks over.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jee han defeats wildly powerful enemies by sneaking up and putting a wicker basket over their heads.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
He hybridizes into a sneaky archer with magic, leather armor, and a sword, like all characters eventually do.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I wanna see Jee-han take Pschyobuff now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This would all make for a fantastic 4koma version of the gamer

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

paragon1 posted:

I wanna see Jee-han take Pschyobuff now.

Psycho Jet would be far better.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Psycho Jet is so lovably overpowered, I almost feel bad that I have 40 of them in my inventory at all times. Jee-Han would have hundreds :allears:.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
friendly reminder jee-han is a KMMO character not a console rpg character.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Meaning grinding is all he can do, but he might get some flashy cosmetic items out of it if he ever finds the cash shop to directly buy things from gaia.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Serious Frolicking posted:

Meaning grinding is all he can do, but he might get some flashy cosmetic items out of it if he ever finds the cash shop to directly buy things from gaia.

he already gets real money to buy items that improve his power the world is his cash shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Elfgames posted:

he already gets real money to buy items that improve his power the world is his cash shop

You can't grind out cash shop currency in-game!