Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

If that's the Empty Arena Match I'm thinking of (Sting v Angle, circa Summer 09) then it was all for naught because the Main Event Mafia did a run in anyways, and were confirmed before the bell rang to STILL BE IN THE BUILDING ANYWAYS.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dsriggs posted:

Yeah. Instead of pre-taping an Empty Arena match & playing it on the show, they had everybody in the building leave, then filmed the match.
Almost every time someone posts about TNA I get the biggest Poes Law style confusion

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Please, please tell me it wasn't the main event so they told everyone to bounce, made them stand in the parking lot for 20 minutes, then come back in. I need this to be true.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'd never heard that before either but that's outstanding for so many reasons.

Over and over you hear TNAs fans defend decisions like the Dixie email fiasco(s) with 'oh TNA would never be that dumb'. There's no floor to their dumbness!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Please, please tell me it wasn't the main event so they told everyone to bounce, made them stand in the parking lot for 20 minutes, then come back in. I need this to be true.

If that's the case I wonder what the statistics are for people returning vs people who just said gently caress it and went home.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

“I have a collection of fantasies about making my NXT debut with The Vaudevillians as their valet, under the ring name of “Jemima”. I keep with the Vaudeville style and act like this cute and classy girl who says the most adorable things and likes to sit on commentary, often making a running insult about how ungentlemanly Byron is for not greeting me on my first appearance (Trololol) but in-turn how gentlemanly Corey is for always pulling my seat back for me to sit down (I can see the ships now). Anyway, wrestlers that decide to talk out of place to “my boys” during a match or promo get a stern but polite telling off from me and often ends with “That’s not very gentlemanly/ladylike of you.” Boom, my catchphrase is born; Put that poo poo on a t-shirt.

Over time, frustration builds up due to rejection after rejection for a title shot, and I finally flip my lid (which is very unladylike!) and that sets me up for an unexpected heel turn. Que Aiden and Simon marching down to the ring to console me, only for them to recieve a hate speech about how I don’t need them and how they’re always holding me back. I finally get a title match a few weeks later at a PPV, but I lose badly. I break down in the middle of the ring. My boys flee to me despite my hatred towards them, they pick me up and dust me off, and we head backstage together.

The following Wednesday, I’m face again, but myself and The Vaudevillians have gone our seperate ways; from then on, I’m still the same classy character, but a solo Diva for the remainder of my days in NXT. Laugh all you want, but this right here is my biggest dream.“

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

:commissar:

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I saw the name "Jemima" and assumed lots of wacky racism was on the way so I was pleasantly surprised it was just a regular poo poo idea.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Glamorama26 posted:

I saw the name "Jemima" and assumed lots of wacky racism was on the way so I was pleasantly surprised it was just a regular poo poo idea.

You're underselling the very definite occurrence of an "Aunt Jemima" chant.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

my greatest fantasy is to lose over and over again and then break down in public

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

my greatest fantasy is to lose over and over again and then break down in public

please don't post about rovert in this thread

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Rodney the Piper posted:

please don't post about rovert in this thread

Stiff shot.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CoolCat posted:

Stiff shot.

Just banter

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
If you want to read people bemoaning the loss of MetsFan on r/SquaredCircle, I have the thread for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3vr2pt/i_miss_the_rsc_insider_posts_spoiling_all_of_the/

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Only half stupid really, but that half is very stupid.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dean's kinda garbage and Roman's not a top guy. I don't see what's wrong with this post.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dean has worn very thin i agree

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Seriously, who wants Dean as a top babyface... in two thousand fifteen!!!!!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That's a stupid opinion because it doesn't include Seth Rollins.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/673952476677058560/photo/1

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Could Dave be Nom De Plume???

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*Bounces off ropes to post in thread*

Actually you guys are wrong about Dean Ambrose. His offense is as good as my posting!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dean Ambrose has a cool jacket and used to pop out of unlikely places to murder Seth Rollins. That's a lot more than say The Miz.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"The DA president didn't understand TNA even though we didn't know that at the start. But THIS time, the president of the channel DOES get it."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Dean Ambrose has a cool jacket and used to pop out of unlikely places to murder Seth Rollins. That's a lot more than say The Miz.

He actually does have a cool jacket and I wish I could find where to buy it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

http://shop.wwe.com/Dean-Ambrose-Replica-Jacket/W09837,default,pd.html

Good luck finding anything above medium.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Actually all sizes are currently in stock! :)

Also haha I am not paying 120 dollars for a Dean Ambrose jacket. Thanks for the link though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

Dean's kinda garbage and Roman's not a top guy. I don't see what's wrong with this post.

Because WWE's alternative is... nothing. They literally have no-one else that they're even close to willing to push at that level as a face. It's Roman and Dean, or hope to god that John Cena and the Undertaker don't disintegrate over the next decade.

Hell, even the conspiracy theory that Bryan's cleared and they're not using him because they don't want him to be more over than Reigns banks on them not wanting to push a guy who is provably more popular than the one they want.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 7, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dean Ambrose is cool and I'll never not love the "jump on someone and flail while you both fall down" style of offense. Also one time he pushed a hot dog cart to the ring and sprayed those guys with hot dog toppings.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

He also stabbed a mannequin in its mannequin balls and caused a large ink jet to spray Seth Rollins, before losing a Hell in a Cell match to Hatsune Miku.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Dean Ambrose is cool and I'll never not love the "jump on someone and flail while you both fall down" style of offense. Also one time he pushed a hot dog cart to the ring and sprayed those guys with hot dog toppings.

He also helped Seth Rollins with his entry to the ice bucket challenge. What a nice man.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

projecthalaxy posted:

He also stabbed a mannequin in its mannequin balls and caused a large ink jet to spray Seth Rollins, before losing a Hell in a Cell match to Hatsune Miku.

all cool things imo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dean Ambrose got arrested and the cops thought he was so cool they gave him cop clothes and a cop van so he could drive back. Not even Stone Cold Steve Austin achieved that level of coolness.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Really, who can top the Weed Ambulance?

Other than Teddy Long's Weed Limo, I mean.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A Prophet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No, I want the one he actually wears that doesn't have his dumb logo on it and is just a cool leather jacket.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Endless Mike posted:

No, I want the one he actually wears that doesn't have his dumb logo on it and is just a cool leather jacket.

Try getting him to answer a question on twitter then (lol fat chance), as I'm decently sure that's just his actual jacket.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Hasn't Taz buried TNA after they parted ways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

mariooncrack posted:

Hasn't Taz buried TNA after they parted ways?

I don't know if he did but it wouldn't surprise me; few people who leave TNA have good things to say about the company. Especially when they leave because they aren't getting paid. Anyway, that Mecca post about Taz's radio show and CBS was probably early in the year before Taz left.