Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Crunk Abortion posted:

Ok whatever you guys are looking at I don't see it.

watch the donkey in the background

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So, uh, since you never cashed that check from my mom, uh, could you, uh, endorse that over to me? I'm actually kind of cash poor right now.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

greatn posted:

So, uh, since you never cashed that check from my mom, uh, could you, uh, endorse that over to me? I'm actually kind of cash poor right now.

I mean he probably inherited that money when Moira died so it's just be a check to himself, one that he likely wouldn't be able to cover (or whatever).

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No he inherited nothing because Thea was too mad to sign a piece of paper that would have saved their family fortune.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Not sure she never cashed that check. I would've.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

Oliver just found out, through a paternity test run by Barry, that he has a 9 year old boy - and that it was his mother who kept the secret from him. I think he is allowed to have a little bit of time to process that on his own. In addition, if the mother of your child makes a reasonable request (considering how much of a mess the Queen family has been), Oliver should respect her wishes. Even if Oliver told Felicity - what good could from that? Felicity is going to meddle in the kid's life constantly, and encourage Oliver to do the same.

It's not a reasonable request, and Oliver acquiescing to her every whim and command is very stupid.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

greatn posted:

No he inherited nothing because Thea was too mad to sign a piece of paper that would have saved their family fortune.

Forgot about that! I just remembered lady death stroke stealing all their poo poo and running the company into the ground or whatever she did to gut queen consolidated financially

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Crunk Abortion posted:

Ok whatever you guys are looking at I don't see it.

Watch the donkey.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

It was even better when Thea lost the bar too because she didn't remember that it was owned by the family trust or whatever.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Thea inherented Merlin's money plus they own like a quarter of Palmertech after the takeover.

So Felicity is the real person bankrupting Oliver.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

Unfortunately, after a certain period of time I don't thnk you can cash a check after it's been written.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Oliver finds out he's a father, Felicity and the mother proceed to treat him like poo poo.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I hope his kid dies soon so we can get this relationship drama bullshit out of the way fast.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It was even better when Thea lost the bar too because she didn't remember that it was owned by the family trust or whatever.

How does that whole corporate espionage thing work, anyways?

Do billionaires not just have savings accounts with money people can't demand back from them or do they have to just hand over all their cash because their company got stolen?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Zodack posted:

How does that whole corporate espionage thing work, anyways?

Do billionaires not just have savings accounts with money people can't demand back from them or do they have to just hand over all their cash because their company got stolen?

Gotta wonder. I suppose it's possible that when Oliver was declared dead, he lost all his money (went back to his family or to the gov't or whatever) and he never bothered to set himself up as deeply as he had been before. And Thea only turned 18 around the same time that Moira got arrested and lost the CEO position, so maybe she never had a huge personal account either. Moira and Walter had it all.

...you know, I bet Walter got an epic fuckton of money from that divorce, they never really touched on that. It's entirely possible that he's holding the largest surviving share of the Queen wealth.

(Unless you count Felicity, since she now owns Ray's company which absorbed whatever was left of Queen Consolidated)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

XboxPants posted:

Gotta wonder. I suppose it's possible that when Oliver was declared dead, he lost all his money (went back to his family or to the gov't or whatever) and he never bothered to set himself up as deeply as he had been before. And Thea only turned 18 around the same time that Moira got arrested and lost the CEO position, so maybe she never had a huge personal account either. Moira and Walter had it all.

...you know, I bet Walter got an epic fuckton of money from that divorce, they never really touched on that. It's entirely possible that he's holding the largest surviving share of the Queen wealth.

(Unless you count Felicity, since she now owns Ray's company which absorbed whatever was left of Queen Consolidated)

Walter helped keep the company from the take over in season 2, and then deathstroke helped to ruin the company. Their personal wealth was tied in with Queen Inc and as he said he is rich poor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Windows 98 posted:

I hope his kid Felicity dies soon so we can get this relationship drama bullshit out of the way fast.

I liked Felicity in the first two seasons. But send season 3 and season 4 Felicity to the moon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe over in LoT they'll grab Goth Felicity and she can replace current Felicity.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Maybe over in LoT they'll grab Goth Felicity and she can replace current Felicity.

Oh man, thats kind of a good idea. They could do anything they want to her character, and then sub in a 'past version' who doesn't have to keep the obligations of their future self. Goth Felicity is subbed in, isn't in a relationship with Oliver: no more Lois and Clark ver.2.

In LoT they could have the team fail all the time, or have members constantly dying and have to grab other timeline versions of them to fill in the team again. It'd be like the star trek episode where the time cops keep grabbing Seven of Nine and sending her on the same mission.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackchamber posted:

Oh man, thats kind of a good idea. They could do anything they want to her character, and then sub in a 'past version' who doesn't have to keep the obligations of their future self. Goth Felicity is subbed in, isn't in a relationship with Oliver: no more Lois and Clark ver.2.

In LoT they could have the team fail all the time, or have members constantly dying and have to grab other timeline versions of them to fill in the team again. It'd be like the star trek episode where the time cops keep grabbing Seven of Nine and sending her on the same mission.

Oh man, we could get an entire team of Ray, how awesome would that be?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Oh man, we could get an entire team of Ray, how awesome would that be?

I was more interested in seeing spectacular failures and people on the team dying really funny ways. Maybe they can go in the future and find a Ray thats worth having on the team? Probably have to hit up earth 2 for that though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackchamber posted:

I was more interested in seeing spectacular failures and people on the team dying really funny ways. Maybe they can go in the future and find a Ray thats worth having on the team? Probably have to hit up earth 2 for that though.

Or maybe the current version of a hero is a huge fuckup so they go forward in time, bring in the super successful version of that hero to help out and it makes the current version feel even worse about himself.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
But enough about Booster Gold.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Walter helped keep the company from the take over in season 2, and then deathstroke helped to ruin the company. Their personal wealth was tied in with Queen Inc and as he said he is rich poor.

Yeah, Oliver is 'poor' by his standards. Which basically means he's middle-class and living off a sugar momma he doesn't really need.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well hopefully if Oliver does become mayor he starts just flat out taking criminal's fortunes' like he did during his mayoral stint in the comics.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Well hopefully if Oliver does become mayor he starts just flat out taking criminal's fortunes' like he did during his mayoral stint in the comics.

Civil forfeiture arrow!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

teagone posted:

I liked Felicity in the first two seasons. But send season 3 and season 4 Felicity to the moon.

Same. Though S4 Felicity hasn't been all terrible until the last episode. :mad:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Xtanstic posted:

Same. Though S4 Felicity hasn't been all terrible until the last episode. :mad:

She was terrible in the now erased timeline, but unfortunately the new timeline ended with a glowing neon sign saying "things are gonna be terrible, it could happen anytime"

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Can't wait for ollie to propose - "Oh my god *start cry talking* I can't believe you hid this from me, we are done."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
To be fair She was only mad because Ollie is incompetent as poo poo at explaining things.

He sounded sketchy as all hell.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 7, 2015

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Honestly, freaking out in the moment isn't that unforgivable when you get a big shock like that. If she didn't calm down later and make a better decision, then yeah, but to me it's hard to judge her too harshly for freaking out when she suddenly finds out Ollie (and the Green Arrow) has a child with some woman she never even heard of (also while in the middle of some crazy hiding out in a farm situation).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

XboxPants posted:

Honestly, freaking out in the moment isn't that unforgivable when you get a big shock like that. If she didn't calm down later and make a better decision, then yeah, but to me it's hard to judge her too harshly for freaking out when she suddenly finds out Ollie (and the Green Arrow) has a child with some woman she never even heard of (also while in the middle of some crazy hiding out in a farm situation).

It'd be ok if Ollie knew the whole time and she was just finding out about it 4 years later. She finding out 12 seconds after Ollie found out that his Mom paid his Ex $1mil to fake a miscarriage and he actually had a son is a little less forgivable. That's when you would expect the sympathetic "Man, your mom was a bitch!" speech not the "we're through! :byodame:" speech

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
There was also the fact that he was not going to tell her about it that really pissed her off.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Felicity's had enough of Ollie keeping secrets and Ollie has had a very long history of keeping very important secrets from those around him so her reaction is a bit understandable in that Ollie was being super dodgy when confronted with the evidence. It would've probably have been okay afterwards if not for Savage though. Ollie is really bad at telling people things without actually revealing anything though. All he could have said was "If I tell you, I may not be able to see him" or something along those lines.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

There was also the fact that he was not going to tell her about it that really pissed her off.

I think it was more the test came across her desk, she recognized it was a paternity test, and wondered where the gently caress that came from since he never said "Yeah, I might have a kid, but I'm not 100% sure."

I'd be pretty pissed myself. That is kind of a relationship breaking secret.

The being said, she did over-react a bit.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

flosofl posted:

I think it was more the test came across her desk, she recognized it was a paternity test, and wondered where the gently caress that came from since he never said "Yeah, I might have a kid, but I'm not 100% sure."

I'd be pretty pissed myself. That is kind of a relationship breaking secret.

The being said, she did over-react a bit.

Oliver literally just found out a pretty major, and life changing bit of information. He is entitled to have some time to process what the paternity test revealed.

If we got around to April and they are taking another trip to Central City, with Oliver making excuses to duck out for a few hours to go see someone - Felicity will have a right to question what he is keeping from her (and even then he should only tell her that his hands are tied, and it's not his secret to tell).

William's mother has a pretty good reason to not want her 9 year old kid to enter Oliver's world. As far as she knows, Oliver is an irresponsible billionaire playboy who took off on a yacht with his girlfriend's sister, his mother paid her to fake a miscarriage and then was a co-conspirator on a mass-murder before being stabbed by a madman, and his sister is a reckless bratty drug-addict. In addition to Oliver being missing for 5 years and everyone assuming he was dead, he just went missing for another few months a year and a half ago. There is really nothing to suggest that Oliver Queen's life has become stable enough for a child to be introduced into it.

Even from Oliver's point of view - why would you want anyone else to know you have a child? In his line of work, that is bad news. At the moment, the only people who know Oliver has a kid is the mother, Oliver, and a guy who could literally carry the child half way across the country before a villain even finished voicing a threat against them. Disregarding the safety aspect, do you really think Felicity wouldn't meddle in the kid's life? In 24 hours she would have hacked into his school records, had him mysteriously awarded a scholarship to the best private school in the city, got the mother a promotion at work, and would be monitoring the kid's life 24/7 as if he were on the Truman Show.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

Oliver literally just found out a pretty major, and life changing bit of information. He is entitled to have some time to process what the paternity test revealed.

If we got around to April and they are taking another trip to Central City, with Oliver making excuses to duck out for a few hours to go see someone - Felicity will have a right to question what he is keeping from her (and even then he should only tell her that his hands are tied, and it's not his secret to tell).

William's mother has a pretty good reason to not want her 9 year old kid to enter Oliver's world. As far as she knows, Oliver is an irresponsible billionaire playboy who took off on a yacht with his girlfriend's sister, his mother paid her to fake a miscarriage and then was a co-conspirator on a mass-murder before being stabbed by a madman, and his sister is a reckless bratty drug-addict. In addition to Oliver being missing for 5 years and everyone assuming he was dead, he just went missing for another few months a year and a half ago. There is really nothing to suggest that Oliver Queen's life has become stable enough for a child to be introduced into it.

Even from Oliver's point of view - why would you want anyone else to know you have a child? In his line of work, that is bad news. At the moment, the only people who know Oliver has a kid is the mother, Oliver, and a guy who could literally carry the child half way across the country before a villain even finished voicing a threat against them. Disregarding the safety aspect, do you really think Felicity wouldn't meddle in the kid's life? In 24 hours she would have hacked into his school records, had him mysteriously awarded a scholarship to the best private school in the city, got the mother a promotion at work, and would be monitoring the kid's life 24/7 as if he were on the Truman Show.

I agree that Felicity over reacted and Oliver was in his rights to have some time to process the information, but what about Felicity's character makes you think she would do the highlighted? She hasn't done that kind of hacking for any other character.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

Come now, it's not like PalmerTech has a history of CEOs being needy, intrusive and creepy towards single women. :v:

Oh, and anyone who would want to use the kid as leverage against Oliver undoubtedly already knows. Hell, Merlyn was probably hiding the closet while Ollie and the kid played Flash.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
No, he's definitely out of the closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The main issue I had with the kid issue is that Felicity didn't let him have one loving word in while she was berating him about "KEEPING SECRETS FROM US AGAIN AUGH :byodame:"

Like holy poo poo, he just found out, at least let him process it privately first.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njDzEfCxRnk

Extended trailer, looks like they're sticking ALL of team arrow into the vacuum

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 8, 2015

• Locked thread