Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Saigyouji posted:

I just love how happy the Fiora voice sounds to be murdering everything.

The early bird sssssssssssMASHES the worm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The rebel male voice says "I'm really feelin it" during combos and now my life is complete.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Augus posted:

They had Shulk and Fiora as custom voice options though.

Yea but everyone should be British. It makes rpg dialogue instantly more charming

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TheRevolution1 posted:

The skell flight theme song is the best. Too bad it restarts if you land even for just a second so I've only heard the end once.

Also has anyone figured out what the benefit is to using light armor/light skells? Having less gravity resist and a few less upgrade slots doesn't seem to make as big a difference as the extra defence you get from heavy armor. For skells I know the lighter armor gives you an evasion bonus but you can just put the light armor on the heavy skell and get the evasion bonus with the higher fuel capacity of the heavy skell.

Lighter Skells don't use as much fuel when flying and can move faster in combat which is useful for positional arts. And upgrade slots become huge as the game goes on and you get better stuff to shove in them. And Medium Skells don't break their limbs as easily as Light/Heavy which might be a thing? I'm still early enough on that one of my slots only has shields and when you use it it restores your limb HP so :shrug:

Early on though, yeah, Heavy Skells are pretty much just better for most intents and purposes.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

katkillad2 posted:

The early bird sssssssssssMASHES the worm!

One of Shulk's soul voices is "Cheers mate, let's kick em around a little!"

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Protip duplicator probes affect storage probes, but booster probes do not. I think I've gone a bit overboard with probe planting since there's never been a point where my storage capacity was greater than the amount of miranium I gathered in one round, despite having what I think is the 100% optimal storage setup.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The rebel male voice says "I'm really feelin it" during combos and now my life is complete.

keith silverstein is a national treasure.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

Zore posted:

Early on though, yeah, Heavy Skells are pretty much just better for most intents and purposes.

This makes me very sad because the heavy skells look dumb and I just want to pilot my sleek Eva around goddamnit!

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Protip duplicator probes affect storage probes, but booster probes do not. I think I've gone a bit overboard with probe planting since there's never been a point where my storage capacity was greater than the amount of miranium I gathered in one round, despite having what I think is the 100% optimal storage setup.

I have probably completely hosed my probe network. I just look at the ranking for Revenue/Production and wham in whatever suits. Is this the correct way to do poo poo? Also can you buy probes anywhere? Cos it seems DUMB AS gently caress that these essential things for humanity's rebuilding be random loot and I haven't had Data probes for like 16 loving hours.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like to think they just told the main characters' VAs their personality archetype, flashcards with the different situations (<YOU ARE HURT>, <YOU JUST ABSOLUTELY WIPED THE DIRT WITH THE ENEMY>, <YOU BARELY SCRAPED BY>), and told them to go nuts with it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dante18907 posted:

This makes me very sad because the heavy skells look dumb and I just want to pilot my sleek Eva around goddamnit!

Its really not a huge difference. You can go around rocking the sweet looking Skell you like and won't notice 9/10 times.

Just be sure to replace the first Skell you get at level 30. Its a special level 20 Skell with lower stats that can only use a small subset of weapons, literally its only purpose is to ease you into the whole Skell thing and let party members under level 30 contribute once you get over that threshold.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Thanks for the answers above.

Next question: What is the song that plays when you fight Tyrants?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alris posted:

Thanks for the answers above.

Next question: What is the song that plays when you fight Tyrants?

UNCONTROLLABLE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgudF-hVlDA

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dante18907 posted:

I have probably completely hosed my probe network. I just look at the ranking for Revenue/Production and wham in whatever suits. Is this the correct way to do poo poo? Also can you buy probes anywhere? Cos it seems DUMB AS gently caress that these essential things for humanity's rebuilding be random loot and I haven't had Data probes for like 16 loving hours.

I think you only get them from quest rewards and mechanical type treasure chests. Kirsty's quests tend to give you boosters and duplicators. Story quests give you storage probes. Basically just try to chain together probes of the same type and rank (it takes a long rear end time to get enough research probes to do any chaining with them) and place your special probes at intersections where they touch 2 or 3 high value probes. I've found one (1) combat support probe so I guess if I was having trouble with a fight I could place it in the relevant area.

Zore posted:

Its really not a huge difference. You can go around rocking the sweet looking Skell you like and won't notice 9/10 times.

Just be sure to replace the first Skell you get at level 30. Its a special level 20 Skell with lower stats that can only use a small subset of weapons, literally its only purpose is to ease you into the whole Skell thing and let party members under level 30 contribute once you get over that threshold.

I got my skell at 30 and it was already 30. I wonder if it was still a limited version... Can you always only equip 1 back weapon? You have two slots but I'm wondering if the purpose is just cosmetic.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I think you only get them from quest rewards and mechanical type treasure chests. Kirsty's quests tend to give you boosters and duplicators. Story quests give you storage probes. Basically just try to chain together probes of the same type and rank (it takes a long rear end time to get enough research probes to do any chaining with them) and place your special probes at intersections where they touch 2 or 3 high value probes. I've found one (1) combat support probe so I guess if I was having trouble with a fight I could place it in the relevant area.

I got my skell at 30 and it was already 30. I wonder if it was still a limited version... Can you always only equip 1 back weapon? You have two slots but I'm wondering if the purpose is just cosmetic.

There are some Back Weapons that take up 2 slots (they'll say R-side only over the image in the top right). They're usually more powerful than the one slot ones, like there's a huge gently caress-off Buster Sword with a base damage of 9000 and a big laser sword with a base damage of 8000 but hits multiple enemies you can stick back there.

Other Back weapons are weaker, but usually have other effects like 'taunt on hit', 'inflict blaze' and you can have two of them.

Also there are a fuckton of Skell weapons only available as drops from the Prone robots. I found a R-shoulder beam Sniper that deals 16000 damage as a level 20 weapon off one of them. :allears:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't like these jar-jar binks lookin motherfuckers.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't like these jar-jar binks lookin motherfuckers.

Racist

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just cleared chapter 4 and opened up Galactic Knight after the boss fight. God I love Beam Sabers. May go check out the Striker path. Shame you can't do Beam Saber and Shield together.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I've heard this song like 50 times in game now and it's still really good

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
After getting my mech I fell into a scary hole of going back for side quests and affinity quests I've missed. I'm not sure I'm ever going to progress the main story at this rate but to be fair I think that's as much because the story itself is kind of a poor carrot on a stick as much as it might be my normal open world ADD.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

No, bad. You should have listened to Tatsu's advice and just gotten dinner.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

NmareBfly posted:

No, bad. You should have listened to Tatsu's advice and just gotten dinner.

Once I started killing Puges instead of Pugaliths it got easier

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Improbable Lobster posted:

Once I started killing Puges instead of Pugaliths it got easier
Whenever you get quests for indigen drops you don't have you should just go check the squad ticket machine, because what else are you going to do with those tickets, spend all day to cross reference it with the crafting kiosk for another imperceptible gear upgrade?

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Zore posted:

There are some Back Weapons that take up 2 slots (they'll say R-side only over the image in the top right). They're usually more powerful than the one slot ones, like there's a huge gently caress-off Buster Sword with a base damage of 9000 and a big laser sword with a base damage of 8000 but hits multiple enemies you can stick back there.

Other Back weapons are weaker, but usually have other effects like 'taunt on hit', 'inflict blaze' and you can have two of them.

Also there are a fuckton of Skell weapons only available as drops from the Prone robots. I found a R-shoulder beam Sniper that deals 16000 damage as a level 20 weapon off one of them. :allears:

I found an Intergalactic (Orange) tier beamsword off these guys at lvl fuckin 15 that does fuckin 14000 damage so hyped to get my Skell so I can loving gundam some dumb rear end aliens!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

zedprime posted:

Whenever you get quests for indigen drops you don't have you should just go check the squad ticket machine, because what else are you going to do with those tickets, spend all day to cross reference it with the crafting kiosk for another imperceptible gear upgrade?

My internet is unstable so I've been unable to actually get any tickets.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The music in this game is good

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Lessail posted:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Utnayan posted:

You should double check that, although it is hard to keep an eye on that while everything else is going on. Have a capture device?

It's not for party members, either. Division bonuses are for when you request support from a scout (the icon under the map for that Division will outline) and for when there's some in the area you're in (the icon will be not faded). On top of that, the Mediator one at least is a 'chance' to happen.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Boy, I sure do know that a cutscene is going to be bad when the wacky theme starts up

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Improbable Lobster posted:

Boy, I sure do know that a cutscene is going to be bad when the wacky theme starts up

All of the themes are wacky. What kind of chicanery is this?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lessail posted:

Petition to change title to Xenoblade Chronicles X: Ah ah ohoo wahoo / Ooh oh oh huaahoo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

NmareBfly posted:

Petition to change title to Xenoblade Chronicles X: Ah ah ohoo wahoo / Ooh oh oh huaahoo.

Title doesn't include UH UH, EEAHH so that's no good :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

NmareBfly posted:

Petition to change title to Xenoblade Chronicles X: Not even a distant land, a whole different planet!

*cough*

Augus fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 8, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I maxed out (well, lvl 4) my mechanical skills so was running around Primordia dumping probes everywhere. Found a nice clearing and a bunch of kill bots rained from the sky on me so that's cool.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

After checking again I noticed it was, in fact, level 20. I blame the tiny font size. I keep misreading item pickup names too. I was really looking forward to the collectapedia entries for "exploding pony" and "loathsome bob".

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Just an fyi if you wanna try multiplayer stuff/get tickets easyish you can just cycle through squads by reselecting them and look for one with stuff complete/not complete.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wonder if patching this with a less eye-searingly-small font is something we can really hope for. I haven't even started Ch4 yet but it's really getting to me.

That and Lin's incredibly disturbing face.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, I'm level 18 and just stealthed my way to the north of Noctilum (passed loving corridors 'guarded' by dinosaurs) and I really want my skell now to reach this evil bullshit right here

It's gonna be a whole thing fifty hours from now I bet. Shoutouts to those coolass level 50 things that are actually chill, also to the droids that detect with vision and sound yet couldn't hear me haul rear end from their base like a coward.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Anyone know what causes the Rock Base Rescue Operation mission to show up? I've completed it, but a friend who is further in the story hasn't seen it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Such a lust for Skells, ah ah ahoo oohoo oohoo

• Locked thread