Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Kuuga's blu-rays in January are gonna be a hell of a thing to behold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Acne Rain posted:

the robot is also shown at https://animalsentai.tumblr.com and its even more children's toy looking than toq oh but it's also hilariously cuuuuuuute.

it's three colorful animal faced blocks in a stack

I'm getting a real Minecraft vibe from this robot and I'm not sure if that's intentional. I don't know how popular Minecraft is in Japan. Probably not very, being a PC game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

My only real problem with them, outside of the beak design on Red and maybe the white spots on Blue, is that they look like they're wearing t-shirts with generic animal faces printed on them.

I agree on the suits themselves but the helmets are pretty neat, also I believe this is the first time we've had a Green and a White Ranger together as part of the core team.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I loved ToQger and enjoy Ninninger, but man that robot had better have a neat gimmick to make up for the underwhelming design. I'm not entirely opposed to cubes and the Minecraft style, it just seems pretty plain from the views we have so far.

The suits I mostly like, but I agree that the animal faces are way too graphic-tee quality. I'd have preferred something more stylized.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The last team of five to lack a Pink was Gaoranger. Coincidence?

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
If only Go-Busters hadn't underperformed. Suit design has regressed in a bad way since. Ninninger's suits were a step in the right direction, but these aren't looking great so far. Liveman did it better.

We're never going to get another Ace and that's depressing. Hopefully the suit can at least move.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God that hits all of my NopeNopeNope centers that robot does.

I hope that's just the toy otherwise God Why that poor suit actor

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm getting a real Minecraft vibe from this robot and I'm not sure if that's intentional. I don't know how popular Minecraft is in Japan. Probably not very, being a PC game.

I would assume it has a strong fanbase in Japan, given that Dragon Quest has a Minecraft-esque spinoff now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

Oh God that hits all of my NopeNopeNope centers that robot does.

I hope that's just the toy otherwise God Why that poor suit actor

The suit will probably have some exposed joints to enable movement, but we may have that suit actor just stand there while being moved on a track sooner rather than later.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Obviously the robot will be able to disassemble into the composite cubes in order to dodge attacks.

Lego Sentai Juuouger

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Waffleman_ posted:

Minecraft is on basically every platform, it hasn't been a PC exclusive game in like 5 years.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tae posted:

Minecraft is on basically every platform, it hasn't been a PC exclusive game in like 5 years.

can i run minecraft on my sony psp??? (probably)

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Out of wonder, what ARE the best suit designs sentai had?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

LightningKimba posted:

Magiranger because capes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LightningKimba posted:

I'm not sure about suits but Maskman have my favorite helmets. I dig the really sleek style they had.

JAKQ were great for what they were supposed to be, though more modern recreations make them look a lot cheaper some how. (The same thing happens with the original Rider suits as well paradoxically)

MegaRanger had some great designs. ZyuRanger are just classic.

MagiRanger's capes are pretty baller.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

LightningKimba posted:

Magiranger are my favorite because capes and because I'm completely biased in favor of Magiranger.

Gokaiger's suits are really nice looking.

Go-Busters' work extremely well for the theme and look great.

Like Burkion said, Zyuranger's are classic, and I like that the other dino sentai reference the Zyuranger costumes in their own costumes.

I REALLY like Ohranger's outfits, the gold and white looks nice.

Dekranger's costumes are really cool looking and actually look like uniforms to me which fits the police theme.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

LightningKimba posted:

I'm a big fan of Abaranger. Core colors with some detailing, but fairly minimal. Frankly Abarekiller is my favorite costume ever.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'm glad I'm not the only person who likes the Magiranger capes. :v:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

There are very few suits I dislike, but I think GoBusters were definitely my favorite. Just stylish as gently caress, and super different than what had come before.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like Timeranger gets left out of these discussions, which is bad because the Timeranger suits are Really Good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shinkenger had great suits.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I loving love Kakurangers design

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I adore the Go-Busters suits.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Honestly I have a harder time thinking of designs I don't like than ones I do

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Literally The Worst posted:

I don't!

...but that has absolutely zero bearing on if I LIKE a series or not. I think the Jetman suits look great and I hate that show.

Kamen Rider V3 has one of the ugliest designs I've ever seen and I can't get behind it at all and he's my favorite Rider.

With toku heroes, it often doesn't matter what they look like, just how great they are at punching monsters.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
V3 has an amazing design

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

V3 has an amazing design

His colors are god awful.

Mind you they worked well enough with the original suit because they were darker and the suit got ragged and worn. Gave it a kind of...authentic feel I guess? That fit with the show's style. Mind you I might be biased because I love me some battle damage hero variants, so the natural wear and tear on suits back in the day look great to me.

Modern super shiney and plastic and clean V3 doesn't work at all.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Same. The only suits I can think of off hand that I genuinely don't like are Miss America (weird looking) and... Actually, that's it.

Burkion posted:

Kamen Rider V3 has one of the ugliest designs I've ever seen and I can't get behind it at all and he's my favorite Rider.

Masked Rider Warrior Commander looks awesome.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
was going back to the start of the thread to check the list for something and saw this

which will probably never be finished because the dude behind it is in japan doing stuff w/ toei

OH HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

was going back to the start of the thread to check the list for something and saw this

OH HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED

Never have I been happier for you to be wrong.

Never.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ffs accidental double click

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

Never have I been happier for you to be wrong.

Never.

im never wrong

only temporarily misinformed

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cleaner Juuouger scans:

They morph with cubes this time apparently, well it's an original idea at least. I actually don't mind the mechs all that much, they seem like an expansion on the Origami from Shinkenger. Also, like was the case with ToQ-Oh, I'm guessing the Megazord will look much better in the show itself than it does in the toyline.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 8, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
They better capitalize on this cube thing with some kind of insane DICE-OH expansion where you physically roll them on the arcade cabinet, which uses some Skylanders poo poo to know what the outcome was.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
As near as I can tell they combine by stacking, then you stick in the head pole thing and they pop into shape. Its a sad little kid gimmick at first glance so I guess we'll wait and see when the actual toys start showing up online.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is this the first time since Jetman that we've had two girls and neither is pink?

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Go-Onger had yellow and silver.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This is also the first time a Green, and White have been on the same team (not counting JAKQ because Big One is not at all a traditional White Ranger.) This after Ninninger was the first team to have Pink and White.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is also the first time a Green, and White have been on the same team (not counting JAKQ because Big One is not at all a traditional White Ranger.) This after Ninninger was the first team to have Pink and White.

Jetman?

EDIT: NO I'm just an idiot apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Yeah, I don't count JAKQ in this regard as Big One always struck me more as being a prototypical "6th" ranger of sorts rather than part of the core team (In the sense that he joined late in the series and has a more stylized costume and a different transformation method than the main 4. I count Black Bison and Green Sai from Liveman as extra rangers in this regard too.) even though he's not officially counted as such.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 8, 2015

• Locked thread