Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

greatn posted:

You don't store grains in a fridge.

You do if you live in a place with pest issues like, say, Florida, a subterranean secret lair, or Las Vegas.

The fridge should just be where people go to have their muffled spats on flimsy pretexts. No scenes are ever shot there. Fridge all relationship drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sir Potato posted:

Who buys leftover quinoa?

Only eco-terrorists buy quinoa at all.

So when do we get to see earth-2 Snow anyway? Been looking forward to that since the set photos were leaked

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Azhais posted:

Only eco-terrorists buy quinoa at all.

So when do we get to see earth-2 Snow anyway? Been looking forward to that since the set photos were leaked

Those weren't set photos, those were from last season when she appeared as killer frost in a possible timeline barry ran past in the finale.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't think any set photos have been leaked, just her scene on the S1 finale (one of the visions of past/future/alternate history that Barry runs past) cleaned up and passed off as "new footage."

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

greatn posted:

You don't store grains in a fridge.

How about in a pyramid?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You store mummys in a Pyramid. It's pyramid knowledge 101

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Well I guess rocksicles is never running for POTUS

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

You store mummys in a Pyramid. It's pyramid knowledge 101

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
See...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I liked this crossover ep a whole bunch but the whole thing with the "Hmm, visit child stranger I have zero connection to or be straight with the love of my life DECISIONS DECISIONS" thing made me cringe. Would have liked it a whole lot more if Oliver decided hmm yes I will say Eat poo poo And Die Fate, and told Felicity, "Yeah I had a kid ten years ago but his mom doesn't want anything to do with me now and won't let me see him, sucks huh? LET'S GO gently caress"

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Crossover was fun and rocked and the Flash kinda dominated both parts which was good for me because I don't like Arrow that much except for his occasional appearances on The Flash. Good to see he's a bit more light-hearted now.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I don't know if it's just me but whenever Barry is around the other heroes in uniform he seems to channel his inner Wally West a lot more. Cracking jokes, being goofy, etc. I like it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh god drat it

quote:

Barry learns a life-changing secret on #TheFlash Winter Finale, tomorrow at 8/7c!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Oh god drat it

I'm hoping it's just that Iris has a cousin and he's coming to live with them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

"I have a brother and also I totes love you Barry."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Rhyno posted:

"I have a brother and also I totes love you Barry."

I have a brother and hes basically you but more interesting/funny.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Drifter posted:

Yeah, last thing we need is an awkward, zero-chemistry romance between Barry and Iris.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"It turns out you're my half-brother, Barry. And your mom wasn't your mom."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

kingcom posted:

I have a brother and hes basically you but more interesting/funny.

Man I can't wait for like 10 years or so when someone who grew up loving Wally West gets control at DC and returns everything back to before.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Barry is fine, nerds. Shut the hell up.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The only good Barry is the one on TV who acts nothing like Barry.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The reason TV Barry is mostly good is because he acts like Wally.

I dunno what TV Wally's gonna act like.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I hope they didn't get the same old timey racist who wrote the Firestorm episode to write the Wally one.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Well obviously Wally would be a faster Flash because of his natural athleticism. :flashfact:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Whizbang posted:

I hope they didn't get the same old timey racist who wrote the Firestorm episode to write the Wally one.

Cool we should definitely dredge up that argument again for sure.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

mikeraskol posted:

sorry to dis agree w/ u old chum but i do not think that we should

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

mikeraskol posted:

Totally, let's talk about the new and completely amusing Barry/Iris relationship instead.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Let's talk about the obvious blazing lust chemistry between Wells-2 and Jay Garrick.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I wanna know if the Olympics have rules regarding meta humans competing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

No, only natural athleticism allowed.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

I believe they get in under the Air Bud clause.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'd really like an episode where Barry accepts his celebrity and does some exhibitions for charity. He's the fastest man in the world native to Earth-1 and a Central City hero, he could try having some fun with it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Jack of Hearts posted:

I'd really like an episode where Barry accepts his celebrity and does some exhibitions for charity. He's the fastest man in the world native to Earth-1 and a Central City hero, he could try having some fun with it.

Holy poo poo if they follow through with the rumored Supergirl crossover, it better be a charity race. Just like his first appearance in the DCAU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrwKC3288ug

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

punchymcpunch posted:

The only good Barry is the one on TV who acts nothing like Barry.

What this show needs is some sort of Other Barry.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Well, he's already got the the red suit. Granted it's not a Steve Austin warmup set, but it's start. Right, Barry?

You are so correct, Other Barry.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rhyno posted:

Next time he sees himself time traveling he should have a conversation with Other Barry.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

The Chronicles of Cisco posted:

On a scale of one to Adele, my breakup with Kendra is a solid 25. These past few days have been rough – like, downing-an-entire-jar-of-Nutella-while-binge-watching-Jane-the-Virgin rough. How much do I have to eat until the pain goes away? I thought I had finally found “the one,” but how on Earths could I possibly compete with a reincarnated love that transcends time?

I decided to take a mental health day from S.T.A.R. Labs to wallow, but that’s not to say I wasn’t productive. I baked (and promptly ate) an entire batch of Abuela Ramon’s killer Everything-But-the-Kitchen-Sink cookies, wrote a love ballad for Kendra on my Vortex AX Synth Keytar, cyber-stalked Carter – aka Hawkman – to make sure he checked out (he’s never even had a parking ticket!), and rolled out the trusty yoga mat for some much-needed zen. I tried not to think about Kendra, but that was next to impossible. I mean, have you seen her? It’ll take loads of time and one of those flashy memory-wipers from Men in Black to get her out of my head.

Barry came by after work to check up on me. Let me tell you, a grown man in Star Wars jammies crying his eyes out to Whitney Houston doesn’t make a pretty picture, but to Barry’s credit, he didn’t flinch. He even brought reinforcements: he sped off to Coast City for a stack of his favorite pizza (pepperoni, black olives, and jalapenos) and he brought along a bottle of Joe’s homemade whiskey – which, I learned after the fact, is 140 proof and should not be guzzled like orange soda. Had I been of rational mind, I would’ve asked Barry to hide my phone. The whiskey had me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside and imbued me with the confidence to call Kendra, leave a message declaring my undying love for her, and play her my Keytar ballad. Even The Flash wasn’t fast enough to stop me, but Barry did, at least, knock the phone out of my hand right before I broke into the rap. His look of horror brought me stone cold sober and those fuzzy feelings were replaced with sheer terror – Frak! What had I done?

I ran to my computer and pulled all the stops on my hacking skillz (which was incredibly challenging as I was, at this point, seeing triple). I located Kendra’s phone signal via GPS (she’d left town with Carter and was out near St. Roch) and Barry sped off to retrieve her phone, erase the incriminating voicemail, and return the device safely to her pocket before she even knew what had happened. Crisis averted. We celebrated with a few more rounds of whiskey before I curled up in the fetal position on the sofa and drifted off to sleep, during which I had the sweetest dream of Kendra flying her way back into my life.

Oh, well. They say it’s better to have loved and lost to an Egyptian hawk-god than to never have loved at all, right?
These are much better than the Gitmo logs.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

:catstare: Maybe Kendra dodged a bullet there.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Crisco is totally a goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Cisco owns a keytar. Confirmed darkest dimension

• Locked thread