Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You say that like the same wouldn't be true with anyone else getting the nomination except maybe Kasich.

I changed my mind. I'm freaking out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

If you only knew the power of Trump...

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Trump Gives Muslim On Fence About Radicalizing Just The Push He Needed

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I assume he isn't literally on ISIL's payroll, so does he know he's working for them for free?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
he is punching christie in his fat gut over the bridge.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
God drat trump.. I really was enjoying his campaign...

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

God drat trump.. I really was enjoying his campaign...

Good news then, most of his supporters are fine with everything he's said toady.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Good news then, most of his supporters are fine with everything he's said toady.

I know but he's just getting scary and horrible now.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

My god. :aaaaa:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Are you kidding this is loving great.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

mcmagic posted:

now

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hahahaha

Rob posted:

Trump will, without doubt, be elected the next President of the United States. The question: Will God give him the time he needs to fix things? Christians are in a win-win situation. Either we will be destroyed (and thus with God), or Trump will be a complete pleasure to watch as he reverses all the damage of Obama and sends all the Muslims home. With God or America Great Again... I'm happy with both.

Here's Trump talking about it

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/07/trump-calls-for-complete-shutdown-on-muslims-entering-us.html?intcmp=hpbt3

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 8, 2015

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

some people really bought into the trump secret liberal idea

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

what the gently caress is wrong with people.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Lessail posted:

Probably because facing the reality is horrifying.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
No seriously this interview:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/07/trump-calls-for-complete-shutdown-on-muslims-entering-us.html?intcmp=hpbt3

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lessail posted:

well, what choice do they have. he is just the mirror of their base. they either have to come to grips that they created this monster in a short sited attempt to get bigots votes. or they can go full denial mode

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This is actually the third time a nativist party has accumulated significant political influence. The Know Nothings are the most well known example, but the second KKK, pre-World War II, also had a ton of influence in local government and Congress.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

This is incredible.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

This is the best thing to come out of this election season.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I don't know how anyone can top this.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Own it. Ride the dragon.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mcmagic posted:

yeah, but no one on the left/moderates will vote for him. yeah there are some dumbfucks on the left who think Hilary is just as bad as trump but they a loving morons. sure i prefer sanders on some positions to Hilary but ill take either of them over trump/cruz/ the rest of the GOP.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 8, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Grey Fox posted:

These are the same guys that did that amazing Republican Death Debate video a couple months back so I'm sure they'll make something great before long

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Grey Fox posted:

the fellows at The Onion will give it a shot

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

wow

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

These are the same guys that did that amazing Republican Death Debate video a couple months back so I'm sure they'll make something great before long

What was the name of thing that people on twitter did in 2012, the Death Rally?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Good to see Trump fire himself right past Mussolini and onwards towards literal Hitler.

Instead of the Hitler stache being bad it'll be Trump hair and spray tans.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Hollismason posted:

Not for the Muslim (or Muslim-looking) people who have to deal with the angry white people he's gotten all riled up.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
There really is a war on Christmas. Multiple ones in fact.

It's just not happening to white people.

Relatedly, Merry Christmas from Iraq (2014):
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/12/11-photos-of-christmas-in-iraqs-kurdish-capital.html

Oh yeah, Fried Chicken did you still need that youtube link?

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 8, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

People seriously support him. No, this is loving awful.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

CommieGIR posted:

People seriously support him. No, this is loving awful.

I wonder how many of them are just scared of having to make their own decisions, and are relieved to finally have someone tell them, "You love me! Everybody loves me!"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Muscle Tracer posted:

I wonder how many of them are just scared of having to make their own decisions, and are relieved to finally have someone tell them, "You love me! Everybody loves me!"
So like a fascist Barney the Dinosaur?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Muscle Tracer posted:

I think its more that he sports the sort of rambling, hate filled vitriolic, self-indulgence that the Right thrives on and the Tea Party grew up on.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So like a fascist Barney the Dinosaur?

Why did you say the same thing twice?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
In which House Republicans slowly realize that their clever reconciliation plan isn't exactly doing anything to avoid a government shutdown.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

Never ever underestimate the US population's hatred for others.

All I ever want is to make the American people turn their hatred inwards. Destroy small-mindedness, superstition, fear, pettiness. Everything that makes America great has been the antithesis of this - we are star-stuff.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"OH WE'LL TOTALLY SHUT THIS WHOLE THING DOWN WE'RE SERIOUS"

"Oh god it may actually shut down before Christmas oh god oh god fixitfixitfixit"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Muscle Tracer posted:

Don't be fooled, Trump is not an ideological outlier. He's trumpeting everything the right has been feeding to their base since '08. The only difference is that instead of using dog whistles and finding fancy ways to dance around the fact that their stance is basically "gently caress minorities, gently caress women, gently caress the poor", Trump just comes out and says those things to the base's face. And they're eating it right the gently caress up as usual, with the added bonus of Trump appearing more "genuine" to them, because he doesn't dance around the main message.

The Republican establishment is absolutely making GBS threads their collective pants over Trump, and for good reason. If he crashes and burns, he takes the right with him and leaves bare the core ethos of the fringe republican platform on a national stage for all to see. If he succeeds, then the inmates are running the asylum, as the radicals go from a convenient tool to wield against the left to the ones at the wheel.

All the pundits like to go on about how the establishment is just as afraid of Cruz and Carson as it is of Trump, but I doubt that quite a bit. While still both insane in their own special ways, Carson and Cruz are at least making an effort to play the game. Trump absolutely refuses to play ball though, and he is going to keep on giving voice to the absolute shittiest beliefs of the Republican base until it gets him the nomination.

Sydin fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

DemeaninDemon posted:

Good to see Trump fire himself right past Mussolini and onwards towards literal Hitler.

• Locked thread