Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

AOU doesn't even respect the other Marvel movies. I don't see why it should respect the TV show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
When is Cap gonna find out Coulson is alive is what I wanna know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

AOU doesn't even respect the other Marvel movies. I don't see why it should respect the TV show.

Excellent point.

2x21
So Skye's mom just went full on psycho out of nowhere, did they even hint at her wanting war prior to this?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
WTF are you people talking about? The Helicarrier is the same one shown in the episode as the one in AoU that is in Avengers. It's literally in the dialog that Coulson is getting Koenig to get it ready for Fury.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Light Gun Man posted:

When is Cap gonna find out Coulson is alive is what I wanna know.

That'll be the climax of Infinity War Pt.2. Thanos beats everyone down, then Coulson jumps in with Cap's Shield and Mjolner

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rhyno posted:

Excellent point.

2x21
So Skye's mom just went full on psycho out of nowhere, did they even hint at her wanting war prior to this?

Well there was an earlier episode dedicated to the horrible atrocities that Hydra did to her that directly led to her being crazy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

I could kill Elec Man with a deep cut like that. Good going.

It sticks out in my mind because of how badly they bungled "Rip off the ninja turtles REALLY blatantly"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

That'll be the climax of Infinity War Pt.2. Thanos beats everyone down, then Coulson jumps in with Cap's Shield and Mjolner

Fitz gets Ant-man outfit, Simmons, Spider-mans web slingers, and I forgot what May got in that issue of SHIELD. Was it Iron Man gauntlets?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

mikeraskol posted:

Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

This makes it sound like Arrow, too. Maybe instead of island flashbacks we get "how he acquired his iron fist" flashbacks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Longbaugh01 posted:

This makes it sound like Arrow, too. Maybe instead of island flashbacks we get "how he acquired his iron fist" flashbacks.

Yeah, Iron Fist really sounds like Arrow. Although the TV show bites pretty hard from Batman anyways, especially Begins.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Something pretty big happened on Supergirl tonight. :frog:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

WTF are you people talking about? The Helicarrier is the same one shown in the episode as the one in AoU that is in Avengers. It's literally in the dialog that Coulson is getting Koenig to get it ready for Fury.

No, they have a "One Year Ago" flashback to before the fall of SHIELD and Phil is building a brand new one. I just watched it. They spent the previous few episodes stating how Phil was blowing through cash left and right.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

It sticks out in my mind because of how badly they bungled "Rip off the ninja turtles REALLY blatantly"

Guess what else David Wise wrote!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Props to Supergirl for pulling off a genuine twist no one spoiled in advance

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

Guess what else David Wise wrote!

Yes, I know.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

No, they have a "One Year Ago" flashback to before the fall of SHIELD and Phil is building a brand new one. I just watched it. They spent the previous few episodes stating how Phil was blowing through cash left and right.

It was the same one in the movie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Props to Supergirl for pulling off a genuine twist no one spoiled in advance

How come that character always gets roped into the Krypton side of DC adaptations, anyway? Did he debut in Action Comics or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

It was the same one in the movie.

I'm not disputing that. The dialogue casts doubt on it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Was the twist that Supergirl had a good episode with natural sounding dialogue?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Hey now, let's not get too crazy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why should we hold it to a standard that the other shows fail to accomplish?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why should we hold it to a standard that the other shows fail to accomplish?

It's somehow even worse than Arrow and Flash, and has none of the good things those shows have to distract from the dialogue.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

It's a Berlanti show, if the dialogue sounded real I'd be disappointed. But no, it's that the real Henshaw is dead and the one we've been seeing in the show is actually J'onn J'onzz in disguise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know you guys said Fitz is the best but Mack just won me over.

"I'm the guy that kills Gordon."

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Rhyno posted:

I know you guys said Fitz is the best but Mack just won me over.

"I'm the guy that kills Gordon."

Would have been better if he'd actually been the guy to kill Gordon, but hey, it was a cool line nevertheless.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

X-O posted:

It's somehow even worse than Arrow and Flash, and has none of the good things those shows have to distract from the dialogue.

Neither does AOS and you don't hold that against it. At least Supergirl is mildly entertaining. Mildly.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Neither does AOS and you don't hold that against it. At least Supergirl is mildly entertaining. Mildly.

The dialogue on SHIELD isn't award worthy, but it's leagues better than any of the Berlanti shows. Hell even what I've seen of Gotham has better dialogue than those shows. Luckily they have a lot of cool poo poo to distract you. Supergirl really had none of that through the episodes I watched.

iZombie blows them all away, so it's not a CW thing either.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

Benoist is every bit as good as Gustin, and I'm really starting to love what Flockhart is doing with Cat. That being said, loving Hell was this episode ham fistedrigjt up to the big reveal.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I give iZombie a lot of cred and would definitely rank it as recommend-tier TV, but unless it went through a massive overhaul in season 2, about 80% of it is pointless procedural filler carried entirely by the cast and not the concepts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Concepts are lame. Characters rule.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

I give iZombie a lot of cred and would definitely rank it as recommend-tier TV, but unless it went through a massive overhaul in season 2, about 80% of it is pointless procedural filler carried entirely by the cast and not the concepts.

The fact that it has a heavy procedural bent doesn't mean it's not well written. Also Flash and Arrow and SHIELD are mostly procedural as well.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The second season finale of AoS was definitely one of the best of the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The second season finale of AoS was definitely one of the best of the show.

While it was a major step up from all of season 1 it was still kind of stupid. Everything Inhuman related on the show has been handled horribly.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Hey Rhyno have you seen Agent Carter?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hey Rhyno have you seen Agent Carter?

It lost my attention after the 2nd episode. I'm about to start on it again since I wrapped up the first two seasons of AoS.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I genuinely wish I knew why people like the Flash TV show. I've tried twice now to get into the show and I just don't get "it". People I know, love and respect like the show and insist it's good but I can't help but feel embarrassed whenever I watch it. I think the show is shooting for a sort of campy fun tone but when I watch it I can't silence the voice in the back of my head saying "well this is just stupid".
To me Berlanti is becoming the new Seth MacFarlane. One modestly successful if problematic show Arrow/Family Guy, has begat an improbable mini TV empire of increasingly crummy shared universe spinoffs i.e. American Dad/Flash and Cleveland Show/Supergirl. And I just realized I am likely the first and last person who will ever compare Supergirl to the Cleveland Show.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

It lost my attention after the 2nd episode. I'm about to start on it again since I wrapped up the first two seasons of AoS.

So what do you like in terms of television in general? What is a good show that has hooked you?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

notthegoatseguy posted:

So what do you like in terms of television in general? What is a good show that has hooked you?

Well he did say Gotham which puts a lot in perspective.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

This thread is just endless stone throwing in a series of glass houses and it's honestly pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reset Smith posted:

I genuinely wish I knew why people like the Flash TV show. I've tried twice now to get into the show and I just don't get "it". People I know, love and respect like the show and insist it's good but I can't help but feel embarrassed whenever I watch it. I think the show is shooting for a sort of campy fun tone but when I watch it I can't silence the voice in the back of my head saying "well this is just stupid".
To me Berlanti is becoming the new Seth MacFarlane. One modestly successful if problematic show Arrow/Family Guy, has begat an improbable mini TV empire of increasingly crummy shared universe spinoffs i.e. American Dad/Flash and Cleveland Show/Supergirl. And I just realized I am likely the first and last person who will ever compare Supergirl to the Cleveland Show.

Well the thing is, do ya like comic books?