Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Part of that was the times though. The callers were much better before the people who would be listening to C2C got diverted into the tea party. Way fewer encounters with Aryan aliens with jet-black eyes driving limousines since the TP started their rise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Clearly, this just means that the [Guardians running the Labyrinth / Seers controlling the government / vampires funding local politicians / Barrett Commission / God-Machine / Beast obsessively hoarding tote bags by donating to radio] got threatened by so many truth-havers congregating and created the Tea Party to distract them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Well, obviously. OBAMA scared away the Aryan aliens by being a Kenyan Muslim.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
The Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Kickstarter is going live this week.

God help us all.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Please tell me the skeezy Satyr Childing stuff is going to be excised?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I doubt it'll be excised but I think they'll downplay it...

Unless Brucato is on the writing team.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

God help us all.

Hey, that means I've been done backing these since Wraith20! :toot:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

God help us all.

It cant be THAT bad, can it? :ohdear:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oh, what wonders you have yet to see, you beautiful, naive child.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

DJ Dizzy posted:

Mors Rattus posted:

Oh, what wonders you have yet to see, you beautiful, naive child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfupO4ZzPs

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Sanguis,
Satyros!
Corpus,
Brucato!

Little_Viking
Aug 23, 2007
Raiding Lindisfarne since 793AD.

dr_ether posted:

I thought I would shamelessly share that I have started up a new spin off podcast to Darker Days Radio.

http://networkzero.podbean.com/

Network Zero is a NWoD centric podcast, which will thus be the companion to Midnight Express (another Darker Days sister podcast that is CWoD centric).

Content will cover all the 2e releases, and cover particular older books and re-explore ideas from those books and how they can be used in 2e. Plus we will review movies and TV shows (good and bad) to mine for ideas for NWoD games.

Ideas and comments are welcome.

Just gave this a listen. Outside of a few audio blips, it was a good. I'm a fan of you guys exploring the lines beyond the main 3. I've always wanted to play changeling, and this podcast has piqued my interest again!

dr_ether
May 31, 2013

Little_Viking posted:

Just gave this a listen. Outside of a few audio blips, it was a good. I'm a fan of you guys exploring the lines beyond the main 3. I've always wanted to play changeling, and this podcast has piqued my interest again!

Thanks. Yeah audio blips are always a pain, but things would be much worse if this was done via Skype (Darker Days Radio has sworn off Skype as the lag messes up the show a lot), and of course I will try and get the audio better for myself and Sam.

Little_Viking
Aug 23, 2007
Raiding Lindisfarne since 793AD.

dr_ether posted:

Thanks. Yeah audio blips are always a pain, but things would be much worse if this was done via Skype (Darker Days Radio has sworn off Skype as the lag messes up the show a lot), and of course I will try and get the audio better for myself and Sam.

Yeah, the audio blips were minor, and not really distracting, so it wouldn't take much! In the same vein of exploring other game lines aside from the big three, one suggestion to cover would be the "alternate realities" that is in generally every WOD game outside of hunter/wod/vampire. I've been STing V:tr and wod since the lines launched, and I always feared in werewolf and changeling I'd present those worlds pretty poorly, you guys seem to have a lot of experience with it, and it'd be kinda neat to see how different people storytell the spirit wolf/the hedge/etc

dr_ether
May 31, 2013

Little_Viking posted:

Yeah, the audio blips were minor, and not really distracting, so it wouldn't take much! In the same vein of exploring other game lines aside from the big three, one suggestion to cover would be the "alternate realities" that is in generally every WOD game outside of hunter/wod/vampire. I've been STing V:tr and wod since the lines launched, and I always feared in werewolf and changeling I'd present those worlds pretty poorly, you guys seem to have a lot of experience with it, and it'd be kinda neat to see how different people storytell the spirit wolf/the hedge/etc

Barring more of the recent game lines, between myself, David and Sam, we have played all the games, and in some cases I have had the chance of running the same chronicle more than once. So there is a lot of experience, and of course, DD and ME peeps will get to be guest hosts in future.

But we will endeavour to talk about all the game lines, as I have very particular game experiences I have delivered for Werewolf, Changeling and Mage. Some of these I want to try differently (Mage in particular given 2e), while there are some I have yet to run but I have used those games are content for other games. So hopefully there will be stuff for you to use, and of course, there are some other horror games we may mention in future if there is stuff to learn and use from.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The Changeling 20 Kickstarter is up and it's already 60% funded. Looks like OP are taking IGA's lead from his Bloodstained Kickstarter and using an Achievements system to build and maintain involvement.

e: By Night Studios announce their Werewolf BNS Kickstarter goes live January 9.

e2: aaaaand funded. That was quick, though not surprising.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 10, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
God I hope they get rid of the weird pedophile vibes with the majority of the characters being kids and Satyrs and how that interacts.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'd like it if the worst case scenario of Changeling wasn't growing up and getting a job and being a functional adult, but that's not happening.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Pope Guilty posted:

I'd like it if the worst case scenario of Changeling wasn't growing up and getting a job and being a functional adult, but that's not happening.

listen pal I don't think you understand how awful and miserable adulthood is its just THE WORST

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did anyone else notice how all the artwork shown so far seems to be old artwork? I could be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure most of the stuff shown is from previous editions.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Will one of the antagonist factions still be made up of junkies in a wonderful blame-the-victim turn of logic? Really, the only way I'd have any trust in this project is if they took a copy of Autumn People and burned it as a display of good taste. (And probably Shadow Court, too. And Kithbook: Satyr. And Enchanted. And...)

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Did anyone else notice how all the artwork shown so far seems to be old artwork? I could be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure most of the stuff shown is from previous editions.

They've reused the Tony Diterlizzi art at least twice since the first edition (in the second edition, and then for the kithbook covers), this would make it the fourth time if it goes in this book. But yeah, it's all old art.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Will one of the antagonist factions still be made up of junkies in a wonderful blame-the-victim turn of logic?
Anything is possible in this post-beast world.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

If Paradox makes them edit the gently caress out of Beast before they approve it, I will go out and buy every single one of their games.

I already own basically everything they've made this decade, but details...

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Man, between Beast and Changeling 20th 2016 has the potential to be a really uncomfortable year to be a White Wolf Fan.

EDIT: "Changeling 20th is finishing up the first draft stage of the writing process under the experienced eye of "Blackhat" Matt McFarland"

I just don't trust him anymore.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Speaking of Black Hat Matt, was Curse The Darkness any good?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I should hope not, yeesh.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I should hope not, yeesh.

the W20 and CB20 shields were just the full tribe spreads. It would be hilarious if the Changeling one was some faerie stuff straight out of Brucato's fantasies.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Anything is possible in this post-beast world.

Ok, gently caress, I'll actually read Beast!!!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Kurieg posted:

the W20 and CB20 shields were just the full tribe spreads. It would be hilarious if the Changeling one was some faerie stuff straight out of Brucato's fantasies.

I like Rebecca Guay and don't even mind the piece but that would be a little odd to have in front of your GM every session.

Wait.

I just realized the reason they used that image is because that was the left side of the old 2e GM screen.

Oh, Changeling.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bedlamdan posted:

Ok, gently caress, I'll actually read Beast!!!

No. Don't. Stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZD3_ppcPE

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

On page 30, is okay, thus far.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I like Rebecca Guay and don't even mind the piece but that would be a little odd to have in front of your GM every session.

Wait.

I just realized the reason they used that image is because that was the left side of the old 2e GM screen.

Oh, Changeling.

Play Changeling if you want to:
*Bath in a Romantic painting
*Frolic in a field
*Break up with your SO
*Hold a bowl in a field by a vape store

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

dr_ether posted:

Barring more of the recent game lines, between myself, David and Sam, we have played all the games, and in some cases I have had the chance of running the same chronicle more than once. So there is a lot of experience, and of course, DD and ME peeps will get to be guest hosts in future.

But we will endeavour to talk about all the game lines, as I have very particular game experiences I have delivered for Werewolf, Changeling and Mage. Some of these I want to try differently (Mage in particular given 2e), while there are some I have yet to run but I have used those games are content for other games. So hopefully there will be stuff for you to use, and of course, there are some other horror games we may mention in future if there is stuff to learn and use from.

If you could just do the next three or four or twelve episodes about the Seers of the Throne and Mage in general that'd be just peachy.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Pope Guilty posted:

The Changeling 20 Kickstarter is up and it's already 60% funded. Looks like OP are taking IGA's lead from his Bloodstained Kickstarter and using an Achievements system to build and maintain involvement.

e: By Night Studios announce their Werewolf BNS Kickstarter goes live January 9.

e2: aaaaand funded. That was quick, though not surprising.

They've been doing achievements for a while. It's a lovely system.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Will one of the antagonist factions still be made up of junkies in a wonderful blame-the-victim turn of logic? Really, the only way I'd have any trust in this project is if they took a copy of Autumn People and burned it as a display of good taste. (And probably Shadow Court, too. And Kithbook: Satyr. And Enchanted. And...)

They've reused the Tony Diterlizzi art at least twice since the first edition (in the second edition, and then for the kithbook covers), this would make it the fourth time if it goes in this book. But yeah, it's all old art.

Which was the junkie faction? I don't quite recall.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Man, Kithbook Satyr wasn't the bad one. At least not compared to KB: Pooka. Satyr was basically kind of...aware of how potentially skeevy it was and kind of deliberately avoided touching on it, from what I remember. KB Pooka, on the other hand, went right off the deep end into catgirls in bondage masks and way too many paragraphs on animal-people banging.

(Of course, then there was the fan-made KB: Boggan which turned the house elf kith into naked assassins.)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

unseenlibrarian posted:

(Of course, then there was the fan-made KB: Boggan which turned the house elf kith into naked assassins.)

Is that like courtesan-with-a-knife naked assassin or just stabbing people while butt naked for some reason?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
One of the boggan-only flaws was "Can't wear clothes and use their kith benefit at the same time" (Which, to be fair, was a thing with several kinds of house spirit.)

They also gave them some stupidly overpowered treasure weapons that were mostly good for killing people from surprise. The flaw points from the former would pretty much pay for the latter.

Math resulted in naked boggan hitmen.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I've never read any of the old Changeling stuff, but it sounds really weird.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Swagger Dagger posted:

I've never read any of the old Changeling stuff, but it sounds really weird.

Fortunately "really weird" succintly summarizes OChangeling. Not fun weird either. More like... weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Basically it's only a slight exaggeration to blame CtD for Otherkin.