Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Wait, if we're going full-superhero comics here, someone at some point has to die and then come back in a sudden reveal -- either as a clone, being magically resurrected, or having faked their death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

DrSunshine posted:

Wait, if we're going full-superhero comics here, someone at some point has to die and then come back in a sudden reveal -- either as a clone, being magically resurrected, or having faked their death.
Do it to Midoriya and have like 4 really lame successors suddenly show up.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DrSunshine posted:

All Might is going to Force Ghost his way back into the story along with the previous One For All wielders. Looking forward to Deku's trip to deep Bayou Louisiana to learn from the ancient original owner of OfA.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Do it to Midoriya and have like 4 really lame successors suddenly show up.

Keep Uraraka away from all fridges.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Unless she's using them as projectiles.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Horikoshi fucks with all the US fans by saying the name of a future chapter is "ONE MORE DAY".

Gyges posted:

All Might is going to Force Ghost his way back into the story along with the previous One For All wielders. Looking forward to Deku's trip to deep Bayou Louisiana to learn from the ancient original owner of OfA.
Already beaten to that I'm afraid:

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 7, 2015

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Roland Jones posted:

I think these reasons are also why Shinsou is in danger if he becomes more prominent; his quirk is really binary and an effective instant-win if it works, so I figure he'll probably join Class A as is being foreshadowed, have some success there, and then, if this goes into a place where the students start to die, he'll be one of the first to go. Besides the above reasons, it'd be tragic after his whole story and him succeeding in spite of everything, and also, his quirk forces the villains to shut up and I don't think the author's going to want Shigaraki and co. to not be able to ramble psychotically and have villainous monologues in their subsequent appearances; if Shinsou does become a more regular character he's going to get neutralized or separated or something a lot if he doesn't outright die or something.

Which is sad because I really like him. He's great.

I'd honestly take it anyway - the fact that a seemingly one-shot character that I really loved may come back and become an A-lister, getting a whole lot more development in the process, is awesome enough for me. It's also likely that he'll pick up something else on top of his quirk to make him more viable, like Aizawa's scarf-thing. It'd be about time for the school's gadget department to come back into picture.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

HellishWhiskers posted:

I'd honestly take it anyway - the fact that a seemingly one-shot character that I really loved may come back and become an A-lister, getting a whole lot more development in the process, is awesome enough for me. It's also likely that he'll pick up something else on top of his quirk to make him more viable, like Aizawa's scarf-thing. It'd be about time for the school's gadget department to come back into picture.
A random voice modulator so even after he gets famous he can trick villains into responding to him.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I don't believe Gran Torino ever possessed One For All.

Actually, now that I think about it, his quirk's quite similar to Iida's.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Fabricated posted:

A random voice modulator so even after he gets famous he can trick villains into responding to him.

Oh hm, I was thinking ventriloquism.

Then again, por que no los dos?!

Jintor
May 19, 2014

What was with mind-control kid not acknowledging Deku (and Iida flipping out in the background?)

I guess not so easy to become best friends

btw, are Class B in the bus behind? Do they have to go through the forest of beasts too?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Bad Seafood posted:

Right on both counts. He just taught All Might how to effectively use One for All. I think, based on his conversations with All Might, he's probably known a couple One for All users, and that's how he's the other expert on the quirk.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jintor posted:

What was with mind-control kid not acknowledging Deku (and Iida flipping out in the background?)

I guess not so easy to become best friends

btw, are Class B in the bus behind? Do they have to go through the forest of beasts too?

It's probably less a lack of acknowledgement and more with Sinsou having a lot on his mind, if the speculations are true, I think.

Iida flipping out is nothing new.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Roland Jones posted:

I think these reasons are also why Shinsou is in danger if he becomes more prominent; his quirk is really binary and an effective instant-win if it works, so I figure he'll probably join Class A as is being foreshadowed, have some success there, and then, if this goes into a place where the students start to die, he'll be one of the first to go. Besides the above reasons, it'd be tragic after his whole story and him succeeding in spite of everything, and also, his quirk forces the villains to shut up and I don't think the author's going to want Shigaraki and co. to not be able to ramble psychotically and have villainous monologues in their subsequent appearances; if Shinsou does become a more regular character he's going to get neutralized or separated or something a lot if he doesn't outright die or something.

Which is sad because I really like him. He's great.

The main issue I see with Shinsou is that it's essentially impossible to write good fight scenes with him. Either he easily wins or he's completely powerless, with nothing inbetween (unless you're some bizarre case with Midoriya that can magically break out of the mind-control).

edit: Honestly, if the government/hero association were smart they could keep Shinsou a complete secret only to be used in extreme cases, since he would be perfectly effective against almost any villain who doesn't know his ability.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 7, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

cant help but see an ork trying to infiltrate the school

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Bad Seafood posted:

I know he didn't have One For All but he's pretty clearly the Yoda analog already.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

All might doesn't have to be killed to die. If his powers finally zero out, and he can't respond to a crisis, then he's dead. All Might abandons his duty. It's even worse than death for a hero like All Might.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Green Intern posted:

All might doesn't have to be killed to die. If his powers finally zero out, and he can't respond to a crisis, then he's dead. All Might abandons his duty. It's even worse than death for a hero like All Might.

Honestly its either going to be that, or All Might runs down the last of his power in some heroic last stand, getting weaker with every second until he is little more than a skeleton, and scarcely a man.

But he will always be a hero.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only thing with All Might's "death"- however it is, is the fact that at the end he has to end up in his twerp form- either as a corpse or something near it.

The question is; will everyone witness it? What the hell will the class think if All Might goes down and suddenly evaporates into his twerp form? That would sort of necessitate an explanation as to what was wrong with him.

And man I flat out cannot see him living. Like every major bit of foreshadowing indicates that he is flat out dying now. His "spirit" is already a part of the power (which alarmed Recovery Girl), and he didn't have the heart to tell Midoriya he likely wasn't going to be there with him in the future. I highly doubt he meant, "I can't be there because I won't have superpowers anymore."

Edit: FA translation is up. Slightly jank as usual but definitely better than Mangastream.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 7, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Okay I actually bothered reading the 4-koma sidething and it has its moments.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabricated posted:

Edit: FA translation is up. Slightly jank as usual but definitely better than Mangastream.

Good grief, despite the FA translation being its usual self, I actually understood parts of it better than I did the MS one. The latter, for example, made the joke with the Pussycats' ages really unclear and I didn't get what they were supposed to be talking about there, while FA's was straightforward. It seemed like the one advantage MS had, besides being faster, was having decent grammar and such compared to FA, but the FA version's more readable and makes more sense. This... Jeez, the MS translation is just bad.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I liked the "We're 18 at heart!" bit mostly because it was Midoriya getting beat up, where usually it's Grapes getting abused by the girls.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I don't know if anyone mentioned it here, but elsewhere online some people seem to convinced that Tsukauchi is secretly evil. The only thing it seems based on is his vacant look..

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

JD posted:

I don't know if anyone mentioned it here, but elsewhere online some people seem to convinced that Tsukauchi is secretly evil. The only thing it seems based on is his vacant look..
You know hilariously that's not the dumbest possible thing to go off of because character archetypes and tropes are a thing, but convinced? Sounds like some people just wanna call big twists.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JD posted:

A lot of people online make a lot of guesses and some are bound to stick.

Until they can offer credible proof, I figure it's best to just toss it in the backburner. Afterburner? Whatever it is that white people say.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Twiddy posted:

You know hilariously that's not the dumbest possible thing to go off of because character archetypes and tropes are a thing, but convinced? Sounds like some people just wanna call big twists.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

A lot of people online make a lot of guesses and some are bound to stick.

Until they can offer credible proof, I figure it's best to just toss it in the backburner. Afterburner? Whatever it is that white people say.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JD posted:

That's silly. Sai in Naruto totally has the same kind of blank-faced, blank-eyed look and he's not secretly evil.

People are dumb!!

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I agree, he seems like an upstanding guy. I like the cat dude Sansa too, I wonder if he's a deputy or Tsukauchi's partner or something.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I just want him to be genuine good guy. Just a cop who has the best intentions. It's kinda weird how a character like that would actually break the mold. I guess people think he's secretly evil, because 90% of the time, that's exactly the case and he turns out to be some sadistic serial killer or something.
MHA has been pretty good about using arc types so far. So I hope it stays that way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Uh, he is like All Might's best bud, and AM is if nothing else an excellent judge of character.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The mole is Aoyama IMO.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fabricated posted:

The mole is Aoyama IMO.

It's Hagakure and "she's" not actually a person at all, she's a projection of force that the creator can hear and see through.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Actually the police guy is blank-faced because he's a shell piloted by a person the size of a Borrower.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

DrSunshine posted:

Actually the police guy is blank-faced because he's a shell piloted by a person the size of a Borrower.

And so the crossover with "Actually I Am" begins.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mr. Fowl posted:

That would be amazing.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

So what are we on, Charismatic Female Pervert the 15th? And has the Pervert Power quirk merged with anything else to become even scarier?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Isn't Midnight a parallel universe incarnation of the Charismatic Female Pervert?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mr. Fowl posted:

Shigaraki just quits because he can't handle the world of idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shugojin posted:

Shigaraki just quits because he can't handle the world of idiots.

Oh man, that reminds me, I am so looking forward to Shigaraki showing up in the 4koma. That should be amazing.