Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
Blah blah blah. Needs Maple Valley and Tokyo from FM1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Endbuster posted:

Blah blah blah. Needs Maple Valley and Tokyo from FM1

...and Camino Viejo and Positano and New York...

We didn't just get here today.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

New York was the best bad race track ever. A loveable shithole.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It just needed better lighting, which we know is gorgeous in the new FM5/FM6 engine.

Hey, here's a funny thought experiment:
You're driving Watkins Glen or Lime Rock. The engine is putting tree leaves in the air for you to drive through. You know, for ambiance.

What should be floating in the air on New York?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Hey, what's a good strategy for racing FWD econoboxes?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I am not a great racer, but I can say this: drive them a lot and learn to stay on the throttle in long corners. If you completely get off the gas like you might in another car during cornering, even if you don't crash you'll ruin your lap time. I set a really great time in a tiny C1 by learning to hold that throttle. It took hours, but I did it.

Sorry I don't have a magic tune or something easier. That's for the experts.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

Howdy, we need to do some back marker racing soon.
Yes, let's!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

It just needed better lighting, which we know is gorgeous in the new FM5/FM6 engine.

No clearly it needed more chicanes, 3 didn't add enough.

Bring back the OG New York from Forza 1 and plaster it with a billion chicanes.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Do not respond to Cubivore.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Apex earlier than you would with a rwd car, set the brake bias rearwards by a small amount, also stiffen up the rear arb compared to the front. Trail brake into corners.

There are probably more things setup wise you can do with fwd that I cant think of right now.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I have a shared tune for the Volvo boxy station wagon (forget name) if you'd like to try it out. Its a pretty great car to learn to drive FWD with.

You're going to be able to tune out a lot of the weird throttle handling characteristics of a FWD car. General rules of thumb are 0.1 positive toe, have the front ARB softer than the rear. Put some castor in to help out with aggressive camber. Keep the front springs tighter than the rear. High rebound and low bump rates.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Turn off the throttle, straight on the throttle.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
To drive FWD fast, make sure you're always going downhill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNdLHYhQSQ

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Forza Hub for Windows 10 released.

Most interesting feature I've seen so far in about five minutes of playing with it is it has "Stream Game" buttons for all of the Xbox One games that presumably will fire up the Xbox app and tell it to start streaming that game from your console.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Cubey posted:

Forza 4 is still the best Forza game and I'm starting to second guess myself having bought an Xbox One just for Forza 5 and Forza 6.
fixed for me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cubey posts are a gift.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I posted a while ago about a tune for the '91 Ferrari 512. Well, this weeks ghost league is S-class AWD so I decided to work on it change it over to AWD and take it out against a horde of Lamborghinis and Dodge Vipers and it's held its own. So here it is, if anyone wants to give it a try.

Parts Swap:
Engine 4.5 V8
AWD
Centrifugal Supercharger

Race Intake
Race Fuel
Stock Ignition
Stock Exhaust
Stock Camshafts
Race Valves
Race Centrifugal Supercharger
No Intercooler
Sport Flywheel

Race Brakes
Race Springs
Race Rollbars
No Chassis change
Race Weight Reduction

Race Clutch
Race Transmission
Race Driveline
Race Differential

Race Tires
Front Width: 255
Rear Width: 335

Sport Rims - 9 Spoke (or similar weight reduction)

Front & Rear Aero

S800 / Final Weight: 3,083 lbs

---------

Tire Pressure: 27.5
Final Drive: 4.67
Camber: -1.2 / -1.2
Toe: 0.1 / -0.1
Caster: 4.9

ARB: 18.92 / 22.10
Front Spring: 595.6
Rear Spring: 690.5
Ride Height: 3.6 / 3.5
Rebound: 7.5 / 9.0
Bump: 3.7 / 4.2

Aero: 100 / 200

Brake Balance: 50
Pressure: 122%

Front Diff: 35 / 0
Rear Diff: 60 / 25
Balance: 70%

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

I posted a while ago about a tune for the '91 Ferrari 512. Well, this weeks ghost league is S-class AWD so I decided to work on it change it over to AWD and take it out against a horde of Lamborghinis and Dodge Vipers and it's held its own. So here it is, if anyone wants to give it a try.
I've been doing the leagues, so I will give it a try.

>>> I'm about to post a bunch of Howdy car pictures so just scroll down if you aren't interested.

S-Class AWD League Cars (i spel gud)
The 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 (pictured previously):

The 2010 Ferrari 599 GTO:

The 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition:

The 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec:

For the B600 Class SUV League I have just two:

The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (which was heavy and fast enough to keep GutBomb's Raptor from destroying me in the after GRC races):

..and when I saw all the people driving the BMW I thought I should have one, as well:

(This is just a re-do of the DTM BMW M3 I made for GRC but ended up not using)

I also finished two of the four or five replica liveries that I am most happy with.
The first is the 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II (Diebels Alt livery, the Germans love them some beer):

...and one of the cars I didn't use, the Warsteiner (another beer) 1991 BMW M3:

My highest priorities now are the replica Lancia 037 Stradale and the replica Ford V8 Supercar. I have some of the work from FM5, it shouldn't be too hard to finish them up. This is how they looked in FM5:

and

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 12, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I love the "Team howdy" on your car, which obviously i totally stole it from you recently on my cars. You should put it in big letters on the rear bumper like i do. Awesome liveries.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I know how stupid it is to claim there's a "Team HOWDY." That's what makes it funny to me. When I saw your #77 Car with "Team Dizzle" on it I must tell you I laughed. You would not have done that if we weren't simpatico, history notwithstanding.

Dude, you've been cool to me and I want you to know I appreciate that. Thanks for easing off my rear bumper. I mean that.

I didn't even capitalize it right. I see it's "TEAM Howdy." Shows you how much I pay attention.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 12, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I really love the stock Civic Si, wonderful car to drive.

Once I start racing with you fellas, I'm easily identifiable with the massive gently caress off huge North Stars logo...and locking my wheels and crashing :D

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 12, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I know how stupid it is to claim there's a "Team HOWDY." That's what makes it funny to me. When I saw your #77 Car with "Team Dizzle" on it I must tell you I laughed. You would not have done that if we weren't simpatico

I've always been number 71. Even in real life.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, I guess I mis-read it. The font looked like a 77 to me. My bad.
I still had a good laugh and thought it was funny and cool.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
crosspost from GTCC: If you arent racing with us you should be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMpRwIaAxfQ

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I made a 57 Ferrari TR tune for this week's league. It's shared, but here it is below if anyone wants to tweak anything

Swap: Aspiration Twin Turbo

Race Carburetor, Exhaust, Camshaft, Valves, Engine Block, Pistons, Brakes, Springs, ARB, Weight Reduction, Clutch, Transmission, Driveline, Differential

Sport Tires with Sport J.SPL (5-spoke) rims or similar weight

width: 255 / 285 18" rims

Full Aero

Should be 1873 lbs, 429 hp, 52% weight dist

Tires: 28.0
Final Drive 4.46
Camber -1.0/-1.0
Toe 0.1 / -0.1
Caster 5.2

ARB 24.09 / 22.26
Front Springs 496.5
Rear Springs 326.7
Height 3.6 / 3.7
Rebound 6.8/6.6
Bump 5.1/3.5
Aero 100 / 200
Brakes 45 / 100
Diff 65 / 25

Edit. I ran 1:44.9 on COTA west and 2:24.7 on COTA full

geeves fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 18, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Turn10 has blessed us all with 2 Ford Utility Vans decorated with the christmas spirit. More junk cars for the garage.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Anything that helps me flesh out a grid of vans isn't junk.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Is there any reason to buy Forza 5 when I already have 6?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Unless you want achievements I guess.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

No reason to play Forza 5, its a launch title and a worse game overall than Forza 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No January DLC announcement?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

I said come in! posted:

No January DLC announcement?

From Twitter:

The January DLC clue thread is out. https://t.co/S7UTkB0XVT Post your best guesses about the cars that will be out Tuesday January 5th.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't like fun things and want Turn-10 to stop jerking around and just release the car list for the month.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The guy who lives on half-translated tweets of Ancient Feudal Japanese word riddles mixed with an overly large dose of wishful thinking around impossibly long bulletpointed lists of imaginary features that never materialize in the actual game is upset that Turn 10 is vague/cryptic for 4 days before actually releasing things on schedule.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ether Frenzy posted:

The guy who lives on half-translated tweets of Ancient Feudal Japanese word riddles mixed with an overly large dose of wishful thinking around impossibly long bulletpointed lists of imaginary features that never materialize in the actual game is upset that Turn 10 is vague/cryptic for 4 days before actually releasing things on schedule.

What

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_%28series%29

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

lmao every single time I see you post you bring up stuff from over 5 years ago. Your life is really empty and lonely.

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I don't like fun things and want Turn-10 to stop jerking around and just release the car list for the month.

I like the riddles. Turn 10 got a good hype game before release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endbuster posted:

I like the riddles. Turn 10 got a good hype game before release.

The riddles are fine I dont actually care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

lmao every single time I see you post you bring up stuff from over 5 years ago. Your life is really empty and lonely.

Dude if you didn't want your Gran Turismo cheerleading pointed out maybe you shouldn't have done it nonstop for the last 4 years and 6 months.

• Locked thread