Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

majormonotone posted:

Allegedly the new Pokken Tournament character that they're announcing on Thursday is Sceptile

Well, at least one Grass starter got in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

majormonotone posted:

Allegedly the new Pokken Tournament character that they're announcing on Thursday is Sceptile

Yeah he got leaked in this photo:

I love Sceptile so this is great news

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I see how it is. Hoenn gets 2 starters as playable characters. What about 4th and 2nd gen? Where's Torterra? Where's Feraligatr?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Gen 2 starters are weak baby starters and would be like playing Dan if he had no arms.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Scrafty for Pokken when, Nintendo?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Gen 2 starters are weak baby starters and would be like playing Dan if he had no arms.

actually feraligatr could beat down any jabroni gecko this side of unova and cyndaquil is a drat volcano

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Pfft, please.

Empoleon.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

mandatory lesbian posted:

i beat him by bringing a bunch of fire types and spamming alliances
truth be told spam alliances is how i've beat every boss

yeah i was just pretty underleveled so i had to stay back so he wouldn't one shot me

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!
I'm at that point in PSMD where I'm trying to rank up post-game, but it seems like I already did all the grouped-up missions with lots of stars, where I was getting 1k+ points per run. So now I only have singles scattered all over the continents left to clean up. I have two in one place, but it's a locked door and "reach the end." Which means I have to go in there two separate times.

At least I don't have to grind levels. I've just been running in with my unevolved starter, partner, and someone motivated/cute, and abuse wands/alliances. Quarter Wand is cheating, and I'm a big fat cheater.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

How dare you disrespect Feraligatr, sir.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jarogue posted:

FROOOMM DA EAASSSTTT!!!

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
So anybody in SMD play through the stage "It's a Meownderful Life" in the theater yet?

Is there any reason to? It seems pretty boring to play, and I only got to F48. Like it could really use having assets/music swapped every 10-20 floors, or a boss floor, or something.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Wax on, wax off

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Jarogue posted:

CHERRY BELLY, OH YEAH!

https://vine.co/v/ODQdOzV2pju

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

VineST posted:

yeah i was just pretty underleveled so i had to stay back so he wouldn't one shot me

ah, the second unspoken part of my strategy is "bring all the reviver seeds"

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

less laughter posted:

I can't really tell from this picture but Serebii says that the support Pokemon coming with this are Farfetch'd and Electrode, which are two extremely cool Pokemon.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

less laughter posted:

I just noticed the Goomy slippers.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just noticed the Goomy slippers.

I want them far more than I want the game shown on that image.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Sceptile is cool, but Grovyle is the coolest looking motherfucker on the planet, but Sceptile is a decent substitute if they're gonna put in more starters.

Really, Gen 3 probably had my favorite starters. Sceptile, Swampert, and Blaziken are all really nice design wise.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Sceptile is cool, but Kabutops is the coolest looking motherfucker on the planet

ftfy

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
is there like, a cap to moves getting upgraded or should i just continue using razor leaf forever because it has become extremely strong and powerful, like my turtwig self

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

alcharagia posted:

is there like, a cap to moves getting upgraded or should i just continue using razor leaf forever because it has become extremely strong and powerful, like my turtwig self

There's a cap. The bar will turn gold once that happens.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
wow cobalion, it's awesome how you live in the shittiest place in the universe, and by that i mean the opposite of that statement

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
how in the everloving gently caress did I win that

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
hard work and guts

possibly the power of friendship

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
so watching the cutscene before the final final boss in SPMD, naming my torchic and riolu pair Team Shonen was awfully prescient

thanks guy who gave me that team name

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want Pokemon blue now.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i named myself dingo and the other guy leo and we are the enders

it wound up remarkably fitting given what a failure leo is

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I named my team the Yakuza because it makes me giggle every time I start a new connection.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

so watching the cutscene before the final final boss in SPMD, naming my torchic and riolu pair Team Shonen was awfully prescient

thanks guy who gave me that team name

you're welcome i guess

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
every time the game brings my partner along i groan audibly because i have to bring this incompetent dunce along again instead of a useful character like victini or chandelure or archen or anything with helping hand

even evolving suddenly in the fight with entei did not help him and he's a loving water-type

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

You should have picked laser fox.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
you're right

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

once I gave bulbasaur energy ball and sludge bomb she became righteously powerful

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Ruggington posted:

once I gave bulbasaur energy ball and sludge bomb she became righteously powerful

i ought to replace razor leaf with energy ball. he already has giga drain for Maximum Survivability

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I think I kept razor leaf since she was always behind me for every story mission anyway

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Just started playing Showdown, apparently I'm really good at accidentally predicting things and having luck in my favor.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-302249999

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

Sure, but is corn a grass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

your grass is rear end

• Locked thread