Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My heart goes DOTSU DOTSU DOTSU GO GO GO whenever he's on screen.

I wish that we got his arc this season more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
They wouldn't have added the King engine if they didn't feel the same way, but we all regret we won't see it until a season 2 is approved. And it'll not be until end of Garou arc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

That more a heartbeat of excitement than fear - he gets to play video games... yay!

Finish your sentences. He gets to play video games and help his bro Saitama out at the same time... yay!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

il-landier posted:

While there it goes DOTSU DOTSU DOTSU

Nah. Those are small tsu. Here they mean you kind of hold the o sound in your throat when you say it.

Which makes sense. We're looking at King. Of course the sound is going to get stuck in your throat as it tries to work its way past your heart.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
The king engine really is one of those things that doesn't work as well in an anime as it does in a manga. We all had apparently pretty different ideas on how exactly it sounded, but I think it made sense that they ultimately settled on an actual heartbeat, given the eventual reveal.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

e X posted:

The king engine really is one of those things that doesn't work as well in an anime as it does in a manga. We all had apparently pretty different ideas on how exactly it sounded, but I think it made sense that they ultimately settled on an actual heartbeat, given the eventual reveal.

True. I myself figured it should have been faster, considering the engine part of it.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I always imagined it'd be a bass track like *DOOM DOOM DOOM*, like horror movies have

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Brownieftw posted:

True. I myself figured it should have been faster, considering the engine part of it.

Well, it isn't roaring yet. In the one scene where he and Tatsumaki were talking about how to approach the ship, his engine doubled in speed. I'm hopeful it'll be even faster and less obviously a heartbeat when he's in personal danger.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
The King Engine is loud enough to be heard by bystanders nearby which makes it awesome regardless.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

The king engine should have been raging taiko drums, framing it from the fans' perspective until the reveal of the true nature by transitioning from taiko drum to heart beat when he's in the bathroom making GBS threads himself with fear.

There's my hot take on this trivial thing.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I assumed it sounded like a Harley, but the anime way is fine too v:shobon:v

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

A Lamer posted:

The king engine should have been raging taiko drums, framing it from the fans' perspective until the reveal of the true nature by transitioning from taiko drum to heart beat when he's in the bathroom making GBS threads himself with fear.

There's my hot take on this trivial thing.

This is KING we are talking about here.

Nothing is trivial.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
No one even said THE KING ENGINE IS ROARING!

Tatsumaki was :perfect: though.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

il-landier posted:

In the last and second to last panels the King Engine sounds like GO GO GO GO GO GO

thats a little tsu

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lamebot posted:

thats a little tsu

Actually this is a little Tsu.

Nori_Takeshi
Dec 1, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Actually this is a little Tsu.

I see what you did there.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jintor
May 19, 2014

il-landier posted:

In the last and second to last panels the King Engine sounds like GO GO GO GO GO GO

I think the tsu is small, so it should sound like D-DO,D-DO,D-DO. Imho. Hard to tell sometimes.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I didn't like the heartbeat. It should have sounded like an idling Harley engine or something.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah but it IS a heart beat and it would be dumb if it didn't sound like a heart beat

the "King Engine" is people rationalizing things that don't jive with their perception of reality, like why this big scary looking S-Rank hero's heartbeat is so loud it's audible to everyone around him, just like they have to rationalize why some bald nobody one-shots city destroying threats

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't think anyone ever thought he had a superpower that created a rumbling noise. That would be extremely silly, imo. The "King's Engine" was always his heartbeat, they just thought it was the heartbeat of a pissed off badass who'd murder you for looking at him funny, and not the heartbeat of a coward.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

a roaring heart beat not this limpdicked poo poo

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Stairmaster posted:

a roaring heart beat not this limpdicked poo poo

Agreed. This just looks much more intense than a quiet dud-dud

I think it would've been fine if the heartbeat was just way, way louder

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Dec 8, 2015

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah, the same heartbeat just sped up like a million percent and a little longer. Someone could knock this up and post online hint hint?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If you don't adjust your volume during the intro to where the base makes your books fall off the shelves, then you might be watching One Punch Man wrong.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tornado is the third best character only being eclipsed by Saitama and King.

King being the King is of course number 1.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

If you don't adjust your volume during the intro to where the base makes your books fall off the shelves, then you might be watching One Punch Man wrong.

I skip the opening every time

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Demicol posted:

I skip the opening every time

That's pretty shameful. :colbert:

The opening gets me hyped before every anticlimactic battle.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Sea king: anticlimactic

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I would have preferred if the King Engine used that old school anime heartbeat sound effect that sounds like someone bouncing a rubber ball in an echo-y room.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Baal posted:

Mumen Rider is the third best character only being eclipsed by Licenseless Rider and Common Rider.

Common Rider being the Common Rider is of course number 1.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Common Rider is a really good name

Popcornicus
Nov 22, 2007

I love that King's head is the largest in the OP cover art.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I'm kind of disappointed this t-shirt will never show up for real.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Popcornicus posted:

I love that King's head is the largest in the OP cover art.

Because King is the best.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Kings concept is really funny, pretending he's actually the strongest is not.

What does hage mean?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

sharktamer posted:

What does hage mean?

Bald.

Oppai means boobs.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

We're all going to be mad one that when it's revealed King is actually stronger than Saitama But only when he's pants-making GBS threads terrified

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sharktamer posted:

What does hage mean?

Hage means Bald but kind of in a rude way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I'm going to guess "bald" based on the picture.

e: Oh hey looks like it does.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 8, 2015