Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Wildtortilla posted:

I've always been intimidated by anything other than NMM. Being able to download and install mods with it makes life so much easier. I suppose I should just set aside 30 minutes and watch the mod organizer video in the OP. Potentially dumb question: using mod organizer for Skyrim won't cause any conflicts with NMM which I use for New Vegas will it?

You don't need to watch that video unless you hate reading or absolutely refuse to visit anything Reddit-related just because it's Reddit. I hadn't played/modded Skyrim in years until last week and the Reddit guide was fantastic. Text-only and it'll get you entirely set up plus explain how MO/every other modding tool works.

I've got 200 mods working fine now thanks to it! Entire guide takes about 5 minutes to read and understand.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/beginners_guide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Would you believe there's a bug associated to that particular spell?

Something in Skyrim is bugged why I never *runs through stairs again* dammit now I have to walk around and try again!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mazz posted:

I might do some work on Mazz's End this weekend, a little bit of cleanup but also play with some ideas for a kids room and other layout changes. Anyone have any requests/comments/etc?

It's probably my Indoors Are Perpetually Dark As gently caress mods rearing their head again but I kinda wanted a little more light in the open area with the crafting stations and whatever. If nobody else has said anything about this to you though ignore it because it's probably a dumb mod issue I'm running down instead of a specific problem with Mazz's End. Some of my other house mods are also annoyingly dark so it might not be a ME problem at all.

this is a very useless post! well, whatever. I like it, so keep doing what you're doing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Something in Skyrim is bugged why I never *runs through stairs again* dammit now I have to walk around and try again!

My favourite bug is probably in the Thalmor Embassy cellar. There's a staircase with some barrels and boxes underneath. If you crouch-jump on the boxes and jump into the ceiling, you can with some effort jump straight through the floor.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Psion posted:

It's probably my Indoors Are Perpetually Dark As gently caress mods rearing their head again but I kinda wanted a little more light in the open area with the crafting stations and whatever. If nobody else has said anything about this to you though ignore it because it's probably a dumb mod issue I'm running down instead of a specific problem with Mazz's End. Some of my other house mods are also annoyingly dark so it might not be a ME problem at all.

this is a very useless post! well, whatever. I like it, so keep doing what you're doing.

Just to double check, have you ever clicked on the little bellows next to the forge? It activates like 3 lights in that room. I realize it's one of those things that's painfully obvious to me, the creator, but probably not everyone else in retrospect.

If you did, unfortunately your a little SOL here because most people have commented that it's actually too bright for their liking. I decided to just aim for comfortable lighting in vanilla Skyrim because lighting in general is pretty much the worst part, and that's before trying to make it work with all the mods/ENB after effects.

I'm considering making a darker version using the original blue lights of Rayek's, but that definitely won't help you :v:

If you have the CK though I can probably help you boost them up. Hell, we can probably even do it in TEdit if you'd like, although I'd have to double check.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 4, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Mazz posted:

Just to double check, have you ever clicked on the little bellows next to the forge? It activates like 3 lights in that room. I realize it's one of those things that's painfully obvious to me, the creator, but probably not everyone else in retrospect.

I had no idea. So, no, but I'm going to when I get a chance. Will report back!

quote:

If you have the CK though I can probably help you boost them up. Hell, we can probably even do it in TEdit if you'd like, although I'd have to double check.

uh the steam version has the CK right? If so, yes. But let me try the bellows first.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

doubleposting update: Works great. Thanks, Mazz!

Uhhhhhh just to be sure there aren't any other hidden or not-so-hidden lightswitches right?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Psion posted:

doubleposting update: Works great. Thanks, Mazz!

Uhhhhhh just to be sure there aren't any other hidden or not-so-hidden lightswitches right?

No, the other scripting things are automatic as far as I remember. That was something I saw in the Riverwood monster house that I liked and was easy enough to mimic in a simpler fashion.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Anyone have any idea why textures would flicker when movng? I am using ENB and I have in game AA turned off. I am using the 2k textures mod and SMIM as well as a few others like aMidian

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Obscurity posted:

Anyone have any idea why textures would flicker when movng? I am using ENB and I have in game AA turned off. I am using the 2k textures mod and SMIM as well as a few others like aMidian

Might be too many lightsources in the area you are in, where is it happening and to what textures?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Obscurity posted:

I used to have this happen and it turned out to be a video card setting issue.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

This is great and I'll use it. I hate watching video guides. Thank you thank you thank you :).

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I got to the TES5 Edit section of this list and was able to do the steps to clean masters for Update and Hearthfire, but when I try to load Dawnguard or Dragonborn to clean those lists they never load. TES5 Edit just says "[Update.esm] Loading file" and hangs there. Any suggestions?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Wildtortilla posted:

I got to the TES5 Edit section of this list and was able to do the steps to clean masters for Update and Hearthfire, but when I try to load Dawnguard or Dragonborn to clean those lists they never load. TES5 Edit just says "[Update.esm] Loading file" and hangs there. Any suggestions?

Something is probably corrupt. When you try to load a broken .esp/.esm it will generally lock up TESVEdit. verify the files with Steam would be my starting point.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Mazz posted:

Something is probably corrupt. When you try to load a broken .esp/.esm it will generally lock up TESVEdit. verify the files with Steam would be my starting point.

Brilliant idea! This seems to have fixed it! :D

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Dongattack posted:

Might be too many lightsources in the area you are in, where is it happening and to what textures?

I don't know what changed, but after update nvidia drivers and restarting computer it seems to be gone. However, now I am noticing textures blurring from a distance and coming into focus as I get closer. What causes this? It's kind of annoying.

Here are two examples:

Also, something weird keeps happening to fauna/grass when I am at different angles/zoom levels:

Edit2: The blurriness is starting to not seem so bad it adds a nice field of view. My game is absolutely gorgeous too..the graphics enhancements that are available in this game are crazy!

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 5, 2015

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
The blurriness looks like a not very good DOF effect from your ENB. As to your grass, it kind of looks like maybe two different grass mods fighting each other? Or perhaps a needed INI tweak for ENB or the grass mod wasn't done.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Obscurity posted:

I don't know what changed, but after update nvidia drivers and restarting computer it seems to be gone. However, now I am noticing textures blurring from a distance and coming into focus as I get closer. What causes this? It's kind of annoying.

Here are two examples:

Also, something weird keeps happening to fauna/grass when I am at different angles/zoom levels:

Edit2: The blurriness is starting to not seem so bad it adds a nice field of view. My game is absolutely gorgeous too..the graphics enhancements that are available in this game are crazy!

That blurriness is either a source of really exaggerated Depth of Field or something forcing the game to use really REALLY hosed up Anti Aliasing i'm pretty sure. I agree with the above poster RE: the grass.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

I figured out that I have too many things changing the grass. Skyrim HD - 2k Textures, Verdant, and Skyrim Flora Overhaul. Should I just delete the latter two and let the HD textures take over? Fixed by my own suggestion.

As for the Depth of Field thing..how do I fix it?

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 5, 2015

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Obscurity posted:

I figured out that I have too many things changing the grass. Skyrim HD - 2k Textures, Verdant, and Skyrim Flora Overhaul. Should I just delete the latter two and let the HD textures take over? As for the Depth of Field thing..how do I fix it?

For the DOF, hit shift-enter to bring up the ENB window and disable the effect. As for the grass, pretty sure SFO and Verdant are conflicting, disable one or both of them.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Ok, yes Depth of Field turning off gets rid of it. I tried fiddling with the settings, but the blur going in and out with only minor movements of the camera is too jarring.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
So for some reason, Fallout 4 gave me the itch to play Skyrim, even though I played the poo poo out of that game (and never got far into the main quest for some reason). I'm starting out simple for now and downloaded a few mods like SPERG and other stuff I remember being good but don't add a lot. Is there anything that's not in the OP that I should think about adding, too? I'd like stuff that makes the game different enough that I can enjoy it again.

Edit: Also, I'm interested in any fun/challenging/interesting runs or playstyles that you can suggest. I remember being pretty conservative and just sticking to fighter/ranger/mage/theif and haven't really mixed and matched.

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 6, 2015

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Volatile Penguin posted:

Hey, couldn't find this one on either Steam or the Nexus, do you have a link to it?

I missed this earlier sorry. I got the name wrong, it's Skyrim Realistic Archery.

Search Archery on Nexus if you can't find it, and just look for one in the top list that removes arrow collision or whatever. That's by far the most important part. Pretty sure that's how I found it.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Mazz posted:

I might do some work on Mazz's End this weekend, a little bit of cleanup but also play with some ideas for a kids room and other layout changes. Anyone have any requests/comments/etc?

I'd like it if you had a choice of themes for the decorations. The Jorrvaskr banners and carpets don't really match with a pure mage, for instance.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
So, Legacy of the Dragonborn is amazing. Excellent voice acting (except for a couple of lines that aren't voiced yet and are subtitle-only for now), a bunch of more stuff mods built in including the entirety of Moonpath of Elsweyr, compatibility with a bunch of stuff including CCO/WAFR, genuinely good-lookin' giant expansion to Solitude, etc.

Has anybody else who's tried it run into a problem with mannequin jitter in the Armory? It seems like it takes a couple of seconds for the mannequins to actually lock into poses instead of acting like stationary NPCs, which makes me wonder if there's a script conflict with one of the other hundred mods I have.

Kumaton posted:

So for some reason, Fallout 4 gave me the itch to play Skyrim, even though I played the poo poo out of that game (and never got far into the main quest for some reason).
Same here. Honestly, I kind of think F4 had an overload of dirty scrap metal and unswept floors for me, especially after getting used to New Vegas having a sensible handling of postapocalyptic stuff (e.g. people actually picked up brooms and hammers sometime in the past 200 years).

Kumaton posted:

Is there anything that's not in the OP that I should think about adding, too? I'd like stuff that makes the game different enough that I can enjoy it again.
Live Another Life and Legacy of the Dragonborn together are what I've been experimenting with as of the moment. You can start off as basically Indiana Jones, complete with collecting artifacts to put in a museum.

Kumaton posted:

Edit: Also, I'm interested in any fun/challenging/interesting runs or playstyles that you can suggest. I remember being pretty conservative and just sticking to fighter/ranger/mage/theif and haven't really mixed and matched.

Perkus Maximus is kind of a hassle to set up (you have to run a Java app to generate a patch .esp for every combination of other mods, but it does have pretty amazing compatibility since it can do this dynamically for a bunch of other mods), but it has a bunch of stuff that adds specialized play styles for deep investment in skills, like being able to steal equipment off enemies in combat, creating permanent but expendable undead minions, hiding your identity while pickpocketing, and whatever else.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kumaton posted:

I'm playing a character right now that sneaks up and uses frenzy to whittle down groups then raises their dead comrades to finish them off. Sometimes have to snipe the last guy to take them down but it's pretty fun to clear a room that way.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Praetorian Mage posted:

I'd like it if you had a choice of themes for the decorations. The Jorrvaskr banners and carpets don't really match with a pure mage, for instance.

The problem there is I don't have a lot of carpet/banner options in the dimensions of the Jorrvaskr ones. That's the primary reason I ended up using those, I don't think there are any good hallway style carpets like that other then the one I used, especially not thematic ones.

If you guys know of good banner/carpet mods that do more then retexture, I'd definitely take a look. I couldn't find anything good on that front.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Roadie posted:

Has anybody else who's tried it run into a problem with mannequin jitter in the Armory? It seems like it takes a couple of seconds for the mannequins to actually lock into poses instead of acting like stationary NPCs, which makes me wonder if there's a script conflict with one of the other hundred mods I have.

They get half way across the room sometimes. I installed an older version of Legacy of the Dragonborn, and I don't think it's updateable on that save.

The armor room is really broken in my version.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Last night I was finishing up Bleak Falls Barrow and was at the door that you put the claw into and rotate the symbol dials to get out. When I used the door my camera zoomed in real close to the dials. I spun the first two and when I tried to spin the outer-most dial the game pulled me through the door without opening it. After I finished the last bit I exited the dungeon and I had water sound effects stuck on me. Specially the splashing from emerging from water. Rivers flickered and the lighting of the game dimmed in time with the splashing and river flickers. Is this a normal game bug or does it sound like something loving up from my mods? I'm at work and can't export a list of mods but I'm thinking about this dumb problem.

I edited the game and rebooted my computer last night and the problems persisted. I think my character may be hosed (not a big deal I was only an hour into the game).

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
For those unaware... might be a good idea to change your Nexus password.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12670/

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Wildtortilla posted:

This is great and I'll use it. I hate watching video guides. Thank you thank you thank you :).

No prob! I hate loving video guides too. Sucks to be us since it's getting harder and harder to find text guides :(

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
How is the Brawl Bugs Patch supposed to work? With it or without it activated in Mod Organizer, attempts to brawl end up the same. Target puts up dukes and taunts, puts down dukes, puts them up, then down for good, and goes back to default state. If at any point I attempt to punch the target during this, even while he is hostile, it registers as a crime and can be fatal (I have put Severio into numerous German suplexes testing this).

So since brawls behave the same with or without it, I'm not sure what's gone wrong with the BBP.

E: Nevermind, turns out I had to drag-and-drop the files into Skyrim's data folder directly to get it to work. Now when I murder Severio with a German suplex, it'll be on my terms!

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 8, 2015

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

How is the Brawl Bugs Patch supposed to work? With it or without it activated in Mod Organizer, attempts to brawl end up the same. Target puts up dukes and taunts, puts down dukes, puts them up, then down for good, and goes back to default state. If at any point I attempt to punch the target during this, even while he is hostile, it registers as a crime and can be fatal (I have put Severio into numerous German suplexes testing this).

So since brawls behave the same with or without it, I'm not sure what's gone wrong with the BBP.

E: Nevermind, turns out I had to drag-and-drop the files into Skyrim's data folder directly to get it to work. Now when I murder Severio with a German suplex, it'll be on my terms!

You should never have to directly drop files to get them to work.

Are you launching the game with Mod Organizer's run button on SKSE?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i realize this is going to be mostly up to personal preference, but is there any consensus on what the best dragon mod is? i'm mostly looking to make the fights more interesting, varied and a little more challenging. i'm hesitant towards deadly dragons because i've heard it was a really janky/buggy mod in the past, but that was years ago so maybe it's better now?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cardboard Box posted:

i realize this is going to be mostly up to personal preference, but is there any consensus on what the best dragon mod is? i'm mostly looking to make the fights more interesting, varied and a little more challenging. i'm hesitant towards deadly dragons because i've heard it was a really janky/buggy mod in the past, but that was years ago so maybe it's better now?

Deadly Dragons is fine now. There is also Ultimate Dragons along with ERSO - Mighty Dragons. And then Dragon Combat Overhaul can be combined with any of the previous mods - Any of these make fine additions.

I'm currently only using Deadly Dragons right now.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

cool, thanks. :) i think i'll give deadly dragons a shot for the extra variety in encounters.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
There's also Elemental Dragons, though it isn't as compatible with other dragon mods.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I have a really annoying problem with water and water sound effects in my game. Water visually flickers and when it does this I get a jumble of sound effects at once, that happens in time with the flickering. I also have a splashing noise plaguing me when I'm moving around. It sounds like I'm splashing in/emerging from water randomly. When this splash effect plays water (flowing water and standing puddles) flickers in time with the splashing sound effect. I'm at a total loss. I do not know what's causing it, my load order is posted here: http://www.modwat.ch/u/wildtortilla

I thought it might be the immersive sounds, I uninstalled it, still had the problem. So I put it back in and then tried uninstalling the realistic lighting overhaul, and I thought that fixed it, but after a few mintues of playing the problems were back :(.

Any suggestions?

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 9, 2015

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

How's your FPS? My water started doing some mind-bending poo poo once the counter above 60-something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

scamtank posted:

How's your FPS? My water started doing some mind-bending poo poo once the counter above 60-something.

Whoa. They're up to 200. I need to figure out how to get this poo poo in check.

• Locked thread