Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
No one is going to care about that game's terrorism unless someone literally blows up a nuclear reactor somewhere between then and now.

I can assure you right now that more people will write angry words about Cid's treatment of Shera than they will about AVALANCHE blowing up buildings and killing civilians in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Baal posted:

I can't wait to see Cloud and Tifa actually have sex in the final fantasy vii remake on the ps4, pc, and xbox one

will it be bioware-style or do you think they'll try to pull off a hitchcock

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Baal posted:

I can't wait to see Cloud and Tifa actually have sex in the final fantasy vii remake on the ps4, pc, and xbox one

You mean X-BONE, 'mirite?! I hope there's a minigame. I hope it's the same minigame as when you're giving CPR to a little girl.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

In a shocking development Tetsuya Nomura has announced he is stepping down from the development of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake and will be replaced by David Cage.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Augus posted:

In a shocking development Tetsuya Nomura has announced he is stepping down from the development of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake and will be replaced by David Cage.

The first episode is just cloud in the shower.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

He'll do a remaster of the remake that suddenly turns Barret into a white guy

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Augus posted:

I would legitimately like this. Then again, I love Heavy Rain and the beginning of Fallout 4 basically being the beginning of Heavy Rain was very pleasing to me.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Apparently the FFX/X-2 remaster is in the Steam database, but then again so is Half Life 3 so who knows.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
hello here is one of my fave songs from ff7 that doesn't get a lot of mentions, listen and chill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5zD7rhwPo

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Baal posted:

hello new minigame

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

hello here is one of my fave songs from ff7 that doesn't get a lot of mentions, listen and chill

I don't like this song because it reminds me of the horror that is Emerald Weapon forever lurking in the depths.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

This one is great but world theme is best.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Underneath the rotting pizza is amazing

Turk's theme also very chill

:cool: :krad:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if they'll tone down the Turks at all in the remake. If they want to stick with them as wacky dudes it's a little hard to mix with "literally murdered an entire sector as well as directly killed the members of AVALANCHE."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean it worked fine the first time, why not do it again with Quinton Flynn's goony rear end voice coming out of Reno's mouth as he drops Corneo from a huge rear end statue.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if they'll tone down the Turks at all in the remake. If they want to stick with them as wacky dudes it's a little hard to mix with "literally murdered an entire sector as well as directly killed the members of AVALANCHE."

They might retcon it to make them appear more soft. "Reno was acting like hot poo poo but he was only doing that because he knew all the other Turks were evacuating the sector :kimchi:"

I dunno if I'd care for that, actually. There is a lot of disconnect between the way they're portrayed on an individual level and the things they do when they're on the job.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Baal posted:

I can't wait to see Cloud and Don Corneo actually have sex in the final fantasy vii remake on the ps4, pc, and xbox one

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Minigame: Pleasure Leblanc the Don

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Part of me hopes that your party members will still merge into Cloud's body between scenes.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

My favorite FFVII song that doesn't get enough attention is "Off the Edge of Despair." FFVII was my first RPG and while I don't remember feeling anything for Aeris dying, Vegetable Cloud was surprisingly powerful. It's doubly effective because seeing him like that breaks Tifa as well.

Plus the song is just really drat good.

ImpAtom posted:

The comic relief Reno of AC just wouldn't fit with Reno in FFVII. They're a legitimate threat in the game. Hell, the Turks are the only really threatening thing about Shinra after a point.

I think the Turks "work' so well in FFVII because they exemplify the whole idea of the consummate professional. They're the only members of Team Shinra with any kind of personality beyond Cartoon Villain. We see them destroy the Slums, we see them kidnap and slap Aerith, etc. but then later on we just see them chilling, talking about what girls they like, having a drink, we learn Tseng and Aerith actually have a weird sort of quasi-friendship....

I just think it works best to keep them as serious threats because that contrasts so strongly with the more three-dimensional people they evolve into later in the game. As the only members of Shinra that have that kind of development, it would be a disservice to the game's story to remove it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

The White Dragon posted:

will it be bioware-style or do you think they'll try to pull off a hitchcock

Neither, they'll hire Teruaki Murakami or Masami Obari to direct the scene on a shoestring budget. Making audiences around the world experience true discomfort, right at the end of the game.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

The comic relief Reno of AC just wouldn't fit with Reno in FFVII. They're a legitimate threat in the game. Hell, the Turks are the only really threatening thing about Shinra after a point.

I think the Turks "work' so well in FFVII because they exemplify the whole idea of the consummate professional. They're the only members of Team Shinra with any kind of personality beyond Cartoon Villain. We see them destroy the Slums, we see them kidnap and slap Aerith, etc. but then later on we just see them chilling, talking about what girls they like, having a drink, we learn Tseng and Aerith actually have a weird sort of quasi-friendship....

Yeah, no matter how inept or goofy the Turks get in later scenes, that finger-snap theme of theirs still inspires a little tingle of dread because they don't gently caress around when they're on the job and that means bad news if their job is "you."

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Wall Market will be expanded to include a 30 hour Don Corneo dating sim

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The Turks are a bunch of James Bond-esque secret agents and the only thing making then any more horrible than 007 is a perspective shift.

Its best not to think too hard about the morality in FF7 because then you need to admit things like Hojo powering a cannon with the souls of the dead was a necessary thing because the party didn't have any other plan to get into the crater and when you think about it is the soul cannon any different from your materia?

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

zedprime posted:

The Turks are a bunch of James Bond-esque secret agents and the only thing making then any more horrible than 007 is a perspective shift.

Its best not to think too hard about the morality in FF7 because then you need to admit things like Hojo powering a cannon with the souls of the dead was a necessary thing because the party didn't have any other plan to get into the crater and when you think about it is the soul cannon any different from your materia?

It's extremely different, because Barret can't equip a gun that fires concentrated soul at things, which obviously will be fixed by the time of the remake.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

slev posted:

Wall Market will be expanded to include a 30 hour Don Corneo dating sim

10 hours to collect every part needed to complete Cloud's transformation and you will love every single minute of it

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

zedprime posted:

Materia is natural organic souls of the dead, just like grandma used to use to kill God

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BurningDance posted:

10 hours to collect every part needed to complete Cloud's transformation and you will love every single minute of it

Hell, just make it an entire episode.
Or the entire remake, better yet.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Let Cloud wear the dress for the entire game.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
My personal favorite track in FFVII is the final dungeon theme, although it's one that I only came to appreciate many years after playing the game for the first time. A lot of games have great final dungeon themes but I think that one really nails the feeling of weight and finality that's fitting for the last area of such a huge RPG. It also reflects my overall opinion about that game's soundtrack, taken out of context there are better ones out there but the music in VII matches the game's mood and atmosphere incredibly well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGHDXDI-DNc

It's the one track I really want to hear in the Remaster, but unfortunately for that to happen they'd have to finish the entire rest of the game first. :v:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mega64 posted:

Let Cloud wear the dress for the entire game.

Final Fantasy loves outfits. And they make great microtransactions. If there's an outfit system in there, they'd have no excuse not to unlock crossdressing Cloud permanently when you there. I'd also accept it as a NG+ unlock.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Onmi posted:

Neither, they'll hire Teruaki Murakami or Masami Obari to direct the scene on a shoestring budget. Making audiences around the world experience true discomfort, right at the end of the game.

Press X to Tifa

CottonWolf posted:

Final Fantasy loves outfits. And they make great microtransactions. If there's an outfit system in there, they'd have no excuse not to unlock crossdressing Cloud permanently when you there. I'd also accept it as a NG+ unlock.

The Barrett sailor suit will never be removed and yes I mean the other one

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Just thinking about the Tifa slap scene now. I kinda want that to be a sweet boss fight on top of the cannon.

But hell just the "hit O to slap" is still excellent as is.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope for an option where every party member can wear each other's clothing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Level Slide posted:

I hope for an option where every party member can wear each other's clothing.

Or alternately

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Just thinking about the Tifa slap scene now. I kinda want that to be a sweet boss fight on top of the cannon.

But hell just the "hit O to slap" is still excellent as is.

Game freezes on "Press O," you hit it expecting a slap, and instead Tifa delivers a right hook fierce enough to send Scarlet flying out of her 50,000 gil high heels.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, in retrospect reducing the physically strongest character to a slap fight was pretty weird.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Game freezes on "Press O," you hit it expecting a slap, and instead Tifa delivers a right hook fierce enough to send Scarlet flying out of her 50,000 gil high heels.
That but Tifa Suplexes her instead.

Wendell posted:

Yeah, in retrospect reducing the physically strongest character to a slap fight was pretty weird.
I figure being gassed quite a bit beforehand kinda saps your strength. Though yeah it's still a little weird.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Help Im Alive posted:

Or alternately

Would pay real hard earned money for a Lightning Costume DLC for Cloud. Keeping the skirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

This time Sephiroth will stab Cait Sith instead