Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Cervixalot posted:

Got very lucky there at the end, sorry umop episdn :(

I felt pretty good coming into last night down 30ish with Dalton, Hopkins and Eifert, but wow, what a terrible MNF game (minus Hopkins' catch) all around.

Yeah, I was looking through the scores and couldn't believe you only won by .1 - better hope for no stat corrections!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

dphi posted:

Yeah, I was looking through the scores and couldn't believe you only won by .1 - better hope for no stat corrections!

Here's hoping. Last week I lost in a different league by .4 and was stat corrected to a .6 loss by Mike Evans, and earlier this season in another league I lost by .1 to the same guy. This truly is a game of inches!

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Andy Dalton in prime time is a bullshit garbage man.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Friendly reminder: trade deadline is tomorrow at 12:00 EST. Get it done.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Also, in beer news, I'm headed to FOBAB on Friday to drink some barrel aged goodness. Any of you fools going to be there?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Shout out to Thomas Rawls, 39 pts on my opponent's bench!

e: Also shout out to Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, oh my god I could drink so much of you

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?

railroad terror posted:

Shout out to Thomas Rawls, 39 pts on my opponent's bench!

e: Also shout out to Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, oh my god I could drink so much of you

Boooooooo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
how many new glarus beers am i tossing into my box as extras? well it depends how many i wind up drinking before going to wisconsin / seeing my folks next

also thank you whoever had waiver 1 priority for not taking winston because after flacco went down i had no qb

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Holy poo poo thank you Russell Wilson and Doug Baldwin. I just about won this week with only the points from those two.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
That moment when you lose to Josh McCown. #justclevelandthings

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Avenged posted:

That moment when you lose to Josh McCown. #justclevelandthings

To my credit, McCown only needed 5 points or so. Really, you lost to Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing bombs to Brandon Marshall! #jetsjetsjets

I've won 3 straight but need a lot of things to go my way this week to make the playoffs. Good luck everyone

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I've got a shot at being second overall after this week. Am I going to miss out on a bye because of this loving conference setup? :negative:

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

railroad terror posted:

To my credit, McCown only needed 5 points or so. Really, you lost to Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing bombs to Brandon Marshall! #jetsjetsjets

I've won 3 straight but need a lot of things to go my way this week to make the playoffs. Good luck everyone

Very true. My wife was playing against Marshall this week too, so we were both pretty anti-jets.

Its just funny that from Sunday night till MNF I was joking about McCown's car possibly breaking down on his way to the stadium, or him getting the flu, or simultaneously throwing an interception and breaking his leg. He finally gets hurt in the fourth.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
#3 in points scored, #1 in points against! And as of this week, points against is higher than my points scored. The team made up of players that play against my team would be 3rd in scoring. And now I'm in a 5 way tie for the last playoff spot and have to win to get in. Goddammit. THANKS FOR RUINING MY HOLIDAYS BEER FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE!

And, I see now that my opponent this week, SSS, is #2 in points against. So this may be the week that 2 teams break 200 points each!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Jota posted:

I've got a shot at being second overall after this week. Am I going to miss out on a bye because of this loving conference setup? :negative:

The setup has 4 teams from each division make the playoffs, with the top record (PF being tie-breaker, IIRC) getting a first round bye.

I also wanted to reiterate the prize payout structure with one week to go. The original proposal was:

Winner: 8 Boxes of Beer
2nd Place: 4 Boxes of Beer
3rd Place: 1 Box of Beer
Highest Regular Season Point Total: 1 Box of Beer
Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 2 Boxes of Beer

And in the interest of sharing the beer love a bit more (and listening to your feedback), here is what I'd propose to amend the payout structure to:

Winner: 7 Boxes of Beer
2nd Place: 3 Boxes of Beer
3rd Place: 1 Box of Beer
4th Place: 1 Box of Beer
Highest Regular Season Point Total: 1 Box of Beer
Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 2 Boxes of Beer
Second Place Loser's Bracket: 1 Box of Beer

Sorta odd that both 3rd and 4th place get the same prize amount, but hey, more people getting more beer is good, yeah?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cervixalot posted:

The setup has 4 teams from each division make the playoffs, with the top record (PF being tie-breaker, IIRC) getting a first round bye.

So Yes. Not a fan of this!

Also according to the projected playoff bracket, it looks like you get a bye by winning the division but the rest of the playoffs spots division doesn't matter it's just record and then points scored.

broom
Aug 29, 2005

Cervixalot posted:

According to the playoff projections only 6 teams make the playoffs ( 2 from west 4 from east right now)

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

broom posted:

According to the playoff projections only 6 teams make the playoffs ( 2 from west 4 from east right now)

Thanks for catching this - I will take a look and get that fixed by tonight.

Edit: I guess I (stupidly) didn't realize 8 teams making the playoffs would mean no byes, which blows for TubeStank and I, but it is what it is.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Dec 7, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Aw man there goes a guaranteed box :(

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I'm all about winning the loser's bracket now

broom
Aug 29, 2005

dphi posted:

I'm all about winning the loser's bracket now

Riding my 5 straight wins (and division low in points scored) straight to the winners bracket.

broom fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 8, 2015

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Holy poo poo I just rode Antonio Brown and Kirk Cousins into the 6 seed in the winners bracket. Lets keep this 5 game win streak ROLLINNNNNNNnn

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

railroad terror posted:

Holy poo poo I just rode Antonio Brown and Kirk Cousins into the 6 seed in the winners bracket. Lets keep this 5 game win streak ROLLINNNNNNNnn

Russ and Baldwin are coming for ya

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Jota posted:

Russ and Baldwin are coming for ya

Baldwin is DUE for a 4 point game. I'm feeling good about this week

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

drat. The one thing all of the so called experts said would gently caress me, hosed me: running back depth. Still taking this loser bracket as soon as Gronk is healthy.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'd like to get a count/tally of where everyone is from so we can start to plan our box distribution. I'll reach out via league email to ensure responsiveness, but if you're reading this, post where you are from/what areas you have access to!

As a reminder, we're looking to spend about $50 each on a box of beer to ship to your assigned person, with a focus on local or otherwise interesting beers not available in the person you are shipping to's area. Once we actually start getting our boxes together, we'll use SeekaBrew's compare distribution feature to help select beers: http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/compare.html

I, like probably a couple of other folks around here, live in Chicago and have access to our huge distribution footprint, as well as local Chicago stuff like Revolution, Half Acre and tons more new cool breweries.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Portland, OR here

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I'm in Los Angeles with good access to San Diego stuff.

broom
Aug 29, 2005
Madison, WI

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Southern California.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
South Bend, IN.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
South (re: Houston) Texas here.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
North Carolina

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Philadelphia, PA

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Chicago but will probably also be going up to Wisconsin

Also gently caress gently caress gently caress INGRAM NOOOO

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I'm in (slightly) upstate New York, about 100 miles north of the city.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I'm South Florida. I'll pretty much entirely be sending you Cigar City/Funky Buddha and hopefully J Wakefield stuff.

broom
Aug 29, 2005
I like my odds in the 1-8 playoff matchup this week. Sure my running backs are Rashad Jennings and Shaun Draughn, sure the last time i played Daisy Culter I lost by over 100 points, sure if we would have played every week this season I would have lost 12 of 13. BUT I would have once (by .1), so I am pretty sure I got this.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Philadelphia PA here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Beat me to Edelman, Pick Six Pack! Couldn't decide who to drop. Nice snag if he comes back early.

• Locked thread