Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Some piece of poo poo has hacked Jim Ross' twitter & posted a "statement" on a UK blogspot site saying he died.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

This is me, actually.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The following contest is a fatal four way X-pac rules match

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

dsriggs posted:

Some piece of poo poo has hacked Jim Ross' twitter & posted a "statement" on a UK blogspot site saying he died.

Rip Jim Ross

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

The following contest is a fatal four way X-pac rules match

Does this match end with X-Pac becoming WCW Champion?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Does this match end with X-Pac becoming WCW Champion?

Nobody shows up to the ring and are all DQed by default.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

He has a pooka shell necklace tan.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rip jr

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I know people will ask. I don't believe I ever met JR, so I have no thoughts or memories. #RIP

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

lmaoooo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

dsriggs posted:

Deader than a pet coon

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

NienNunb posted:

Deader than a pet coon

That casket isn't made of chocolate!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh Lance Storm, you beautiful robot you :allears:

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

El Hijo Del Rip

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Remind me not to listen to Cornette's podcast this week, as I imagine he'll be ranting about this :dawkins101:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wrestlers on Twitter - Shut gently caress up long dick boy .like a sousage uwahahaha.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Jerusalem posted:

Remind me not to listen to Cornette's podcast this week, as I imagine he'll be ranting about this :dawkins101:

Don't listen to cornette ever because he's so lame

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I know people will ask. I don't believe I ever met JR, so I have no thoughts or memories. #RIP

:captainpop:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

schweens posted:

Don't listen to cornette ever because he's so lame

20 years past his prime and Cornette is still talking people into fist fights.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
What, exactly, is Cornette's beef? The dick thing is hilarious.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BUTT posted:

There's only two times wrestling should involve dicks: when the ref gets distracted and the heel kicks the face in it, and when the white meat babyfaces are using theirs to gently caress the rats and keep the crowds strong for the next spot show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Cornette is absolutely convinced that comedy has zero place in wrestling

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol @ Cornette

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what a worker

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cornette is working a gimmick that both gets him a whole bunch of attention, and endears him more to his fans

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Jerusalem posted:

I keep an absentminded mental list of the media that you don't consume J-ru, and every week that list seems to get shorter.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Cornette is absolutely convinced that comedy has zero place in wrestling

Cornette used to work goofy comedy poo poo all the time and as far as I know he's ok with that. He views any sort of 4th wall breaking or wink at the audience as industry exposing because he's old and hates that things change and that some people could actually enjoy wrestling being self aware and openly poking fun at itself from time to time

Also he's turned it into his gimmick like oatgan said but there's no reason to believe he doesn't stand behind the things he says

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
Yeah, I think Cornette is in the Vince camp of "has some very good ideas and is hilarious to listen to, but God have mercy on you if he has to change his mind about something".

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
"you're homophobic"
"you're exposing the wrestling business!!"

i think i know which side i come down on in these two tough viewpoints.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
My favorite part is Joey Ryan calling Cornette an rear end in a top hat and then Cornette saying actually YOU'RE the rear end in a top hat.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
"Hey, Joey Ryan! Hopefully next week YOU won't be around!"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

does cornette even do anything anymore or is it all podcasts about muslims and cartoon dogs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

My favorite part is Joey Ryan calling Cornette an rear end in a top hat and then Cornette saying actually YOU'RE the rear end in a top hat.

The #WellActually on Twitter is a powerful repartee

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
If a friend walked into the room when I was watching wrestling I'd be much more embarrassed if they caught me watching SMW than if they saw me watching the Joey Ryan video. I'm glad 'rasslin' is pretty much dead.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

does cornette even do anything anymore or is it all podcasts about muslims and cartoon dogs

He does the convention loop, that's where the money is. Signings, Q&As, and all that poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

He does the convention loop, that's where the money is. Signings, Q&As, and all that poo poo.

the convention loop is really hot right now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

His surprised face on botchamania is more famous than he himself is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not sure that makes sense. seems like his face being famous would just compound with his existing fame since it is his face which I would argue is the single physical feature that is most often used to identify someone. if there are any people that are aware of him outside of botchamania, and surely there are many since he has been in the business for a long time and probably was known to older fans that don't follow a web video series, then the addition of those people to people aware of the face would disprove your assumption