Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Booblord Zagats posted:

I've already seen a few. They look awful at job interviews

where I work theres a lot of places you can't wear any kind of jewelry. stretched earlobes without anything in them are hilarious and gross

like an ear goatse basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I have to wonder what the endgame was for people with huge stretched earlobes, if they thought it would just be cut off with cosmetic surgery, of it they thought they would just aways have gauges in their ear because gently caress you dad it's not a phase

Also wear your helmet biking ffs it's you vs cars and anything you can do to help is good

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I have to wonder what the endgame was for people with huge stretched earlobes
Thinking of the endgame when your like 17-21?????

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I have to wonder what the endgame was for people with huge stretched earlobes, if they thought it would just be cut off with cosmetic surgery, of it they thought they would just aways have gauges in their ear because gently caress you dad it's not a phase

Also wear your helmet biking ffs it's you vs cars and anything you can do to help is good

You think anybody who puts pipe ends in their ears is thinking about the future?

Zveroboy
Apr 17, 2007

If you take those sheep again I will bury this fucking axe in your skull.
I know a guy who has those stretched ear lobes. Every time I see him I'm so tempted to put a loving padlock through his ears.

He blamed getting turned down from a job in Her Majesty's Government (he said it was for MI6 but lol whatever) because everyone else was from Oxford or Cambridge.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with your loving stupid stretched earlobes, the full sleeve tattoo of a koi carp or the Gothic lettered ambigram on your forearm that looks more like BOVRIL than it does DEMON.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

Thinking of the endgame when your like 17-21?????

Lots of people did in fact do this. I dont know why goons always think that as a rule, teens are incapable of thought. Graham greene wrote the man within at like 19.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

opus111 posted:

Lots of people did in fact do this. I dont know why goons always think that as a rule, teens are incapable of thought. Graham greene wrote the man within at like 19.
because teenagers are loving stupid

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

symbolic posted:

because teenagers are loving stupid

Most of them are bright enough to not get tits tattooed across their forehead, stretchy earlobes are the same way.

Mainstream culture is retarded but self-described counterculture just jacks it up to 2000%

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Most of them are bright enough to not get tits tattooed across their forehead, stretchy earlobes are the same way.

Mainstream culture is retarded but self-described counterculture just jacks it up to 2000%

I think a number of people (myself included) were under the impression that stretching one's earlobes in a slow, progressive manner lets them return to normal size once you take them out. As it turns out that's not the case, much to my delight :getin:

Idk how you can justify getting a massive tattoo on your chest but I guess they plan on wearing button shirts & ties to work everyday

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I think a number of people (myself included) were under the impression that stretching one's earlobes in a slow, progressive manner lets them return to normal size once you take them out. As it turns out that's not the case, much to my delight :getin:

Idk how you can justify getting a massive tattoo on your chest but I guess they plan on wearing button shirts & ties to work everyday

Giant tattoos are dumb but at least viable in a "just wear a shirt" way. But I've seen a pretty big increase in the number of people getting hand, ankle, neck, or even full sleeve tattoos. Although my favorite has to be the picture of one on the web, dude with a big beard and "Rough Hands" tattooed across his knuckles that looked like they haven't had to work a day in their existence

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Duder at my work had surgery to put the lobes back together, costed like 2500 or something.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

opus111 posted:

Yea sure, but we arent atlking about those ones! Ughh its like you think all people gotta think the same. "Why would a human do this, I wouldnt do it" - well, some people would. And others, wouldn't.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Giant tattoos are dumb but at least viable in a "just wear a shirt" way. But I've seen a pretty big increase in the number of people getting hand, ankle, neck, or even full sleeve tattoos. Although my favorite has to be the picture of one on the web, dude with a big beard and "Rough Hands" tattooed across his knuckles that looked like they haven't had to work a day in their existence

THis guy?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

#NotAllMillennials

Looks like it, here is a different photo

That's a whole lot of effort to look disheveled

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 8, 2015

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

DreamShipWrecked posted:

#NotAllMillennials

lammo

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Some people are quite content working jobs that don't require them to be prim and proper at all times, and I in fact know a few people that managed to make a neck or wrist/forearm tattoo look pretty tasteful.

Appeasing corporate overlords through the pursuit of physical opulence is great and everything, but I don't think it warrants making fun of those that choose to express themselves through body modification.

That being said, these millennials are loving stupid.

How to fix stupid :nms:
http://i.imgur.com/NeXTYWL.jpg

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

speshl guy posted:

Some people are quite content working jobs that don't require them to be prim and proper at all times, and I in fact know a few people that managed to make a neck or wrist/forearm tattoo look pretty tasteful.

Appeasing corporate overlords through the pursuit of physical opulence is great and everything, but I don't think it warrants making fun of those that choose to express themselves through body modification.

all of these guys are incredibly gross

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

speshl guy posted:

Anyone that body mods themselves more than once or twice is loving weirdo with probably body dismorphia syndrome.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

DreamShipWrecked posted:

#NotAllMillennials

is he trying to look like a jew on his way to the death camps?

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

opus111 posted:

Indeed—their pics are just not worth posting in this thread.

Except this one! Here's a Millennial-with-bonus-boomer.jpg, for novelty's sake

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Listen
These millenials are stupid because their parents' generation failed them, hard

So making fun of millenials is really making fun of their parents too

Win/win

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

hey gen x is getting hosed too they are just destroying their livers with alcohol and shutting up about it, like adults

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Efexeye posted:

hey gen x is getting hosed too they are just destroying their livers with alcohol and shutting up about it, like adults
gbs.txt

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i like to think that i speak for gbs

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Stinky_Pete posted:

Indeed—their pics are just not worth posting in this thread.

Except this one! Here's a Millennial-with-bonus-boomer.jpg, for novelty's sake

if I remember correctly that guy is actually pretty cool because he does some videos of dumbass boomers and asks them super easy questions that they fail to answer then get pissy at him.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Efexeye posted:

i like to think that i speak for gbs
except you're an FYADer, so no

your people got half of GBS banned :argh:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

So, millenial youth coiffure for underwear model quality males is, 'Hitler youth with a dumb / overmanicured beard'. Noted.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

Yea sure, but we arent atlking about those ones! Ughh its like you think all people gotta think the same. "Why would a human do this, I wouldnt do it" - well, some people would. And others, wouldn't.

There are peoole who think lile me, and then there are total tards.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Snatch Duster posted:

Anyone that body mods themselves more than once or twice is loving weirdo with probably body dismorphia syndrome.

It's not "body modification". It's getting stupid loving piercings and tattoos like a stupid loving rear end in a top hat.

Stop trying to come up with a "term" for your idiocy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Don Tacorleone posted:

Listen
These millenials are stupid because their parents' generation failed them, hard

So making fun of millenials is really making fun of their parents too

Win/win

helicopter parents desperate to create perfect kids made the millenials.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

It's not "body modification". It's getting stupid loving piercings and tattoos like a stupid loving rear end in a top hat.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

spudsbuckley posted:

Tattooing and piercing has been done for centuries.

The term "body modification" has been around since at least 1996, coined by a man born in 1941. It was the subtitle of the second edition of his 1987 book.

They may look like assholes, but you're blaming the wrong generation.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Marta Velasquez posted:

Tattooing and piercing has been done for centuries.

The term "body modification" has been around since at least 1996, coined by a man born in 1941. It was the subtitle of the second edition of his 1987 book.

They may look like assholes, but you're blaming the wrong generation.

Yeah, and there's a ton of Gen Xers who were the ones who started embracing the trend of really big, stupid holes in their ugly faces

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I met a college student who was unable to read any cursive.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

blugu64 posted:

to be fair cursive is loving stupid

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

blugu64 posted:

There's an intern at my job who saw my notes that are written in cursive. He asked me which language it was.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Snatch Duster posted:

to be fair cursive is loving stupid

Agreed, lifting your pen for every letter is a faster, more efficient way to write

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I once taught a class full of mixed middle school-early HS students. At least half of them could not read an analog clock

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cyrillic cursive is the best cursive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

to be fair, head injuries are not good

• Locked thread