Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

Texture replacements and putting "Flying Into Free" back in doesn't sound too hard, though I don't really know how you could use something like hex editing to change enemy encounters.

If there isn't a "Flying Into Free" mod on day 1 I will be disappointed in the modding community. (And when the mod exists I will install it immediately.)

Actually I want a mod to randomly replace the "you're about to finish off this boss enemy!" music with "Flying Into Free" sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Lodin posted:

Also of not is the fact that it has a photo mode that sounds simmilar to the ones in Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor. poo poo is gonna own.
Doubly so, because the photo mode on consoles would compress the things to hell and back with a fat "Dragon's Dogma" water mark slapped unceremoniously on the poor artifacted jpg. We'll be able to slap F12 or whatever steam hotkey, while still being able to use the photo mode to freezeframe and get a good angle without the other issues. I think we'll technically miss out on the slightly improved shaders/AA that came with actually taking the 'photo', but that might as well have been utterly mitigated by the awful jpg compression.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Thats a lot more options than I was expecting from this. I wish there were some gameplay changes to make better use of the mouse and keyboard's functionality like putting items on a quick use hotbar so you don't have to completely stop the gameplay and go to a very slow menu anytime you want to use an item or switch out your lantern (The worst is getting wet and having to put it away + get it back out again) but just running at 60 FPS is worth another buy from me. Also I never got dark arisen so I'm looking forward to that content.

Even if the mouse and keyboard controls end up being bad, I feel like this is the kind of game that would intrinsically work much better with a controller anyway so it probably won't matter.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Thats a lot more options than I was expecting from this. I wish there were some gameplay changes to make better use of the mouse and keyboard's functionality like putting items on a quick use hotbar so you don't have to completely stop the gameplay and go to a very slow menu anytime you want to use an item or switch out your lantern (The worst is getting wet and having to put it away + get it back out again) but just running at 60 FPS is worth another buy from me. Also I never got dark arisen so I'm looking forward to that content.

Even if the mouse and keyboard controls end up being bad, I feel like this is the kind of game that would intrinsically work much better with a controller anyway so it probably won't matter.

Won't be a slow menu on the PC hopefully.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Having played the game, I would say a controller is a must. You really need the feather-light touch offered by an analog stick when climbing over an ogre's nards.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Also I never got dark arisen so I'm looking forward to that content.
Oh poo poo, you're in for it. I liked DD. Spent like 120 hours slowly plucking away at vanilla content. It was good. I would have taken a second trip through NG+ just to try another class, or see different quests that I missed.

Eventually got to Bitterblack and was blow the gently caress away. It's a fair bit different from vanilla content, and has some problems with copy&pasted assets, but it works on all of the game's best points, while massively mitigating all of it's shortcomings. Ended up rolling three more characters for BBI alone.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

God dammit, is it out (on PC) yet?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Bernardo Orel posted:

God dammit, is it out (on PC) yet?

Heh. Let me Google that f--

no. gently caress that. It's coming in January. Be patient friendo

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Lunethex posted:

Mods for hordes of enemies in their respective areas is what I need most.

And then, most definitely, a mod to add a second skill menu to the Warrior like the Sorcerer & Mage have, so the class can front 6 skills and be viable in more encounters.

Warrior needs a distance attack for flying enemies. And large enemies, since a warrior build is likely to be big/bulky so climbing is often ineffective. It's the only class I couldn't spend enough time with, I felt functionally limited to 2 dimensions unless there was favorable terrain. Just give me an attack where I throw a big rock at the enemy.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

FutonForensic posted:

Texture replacements and putting "Flying Into Free" back in doesn't sound too hard, though I don't really know how you could use something like hex editing to change enemy encounters.

Sectus/Fluffyquack did this for RE5. He was able to add in Weskers and other enemies to any spot in the game. I don't know the details otherwise I would be doing things with that knowledge.

He also modded the console versions in the same way, like adding Ustanak into the Chris demo in RE6. The possibility definitely exists!

edit: see this video too

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Dec 4, 2015

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Climbing on things as a warrior is actually great because you can bludgeon the Dragon to death with the hilt of your giant sword.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sindai posted:

Climbing on things as a warrior is actually great because you can bludgeon the Dragon to death with the hilt of your giant sword.

However, disappointedly not on fire.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Everything in dragon's dogma is best while on fire.

(The best mod will be the one that makes you on fire always as any class)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lunethex posted:

Mods for hordes of enemies in their respective areas is what I need most.

And then, most definitely, a mod to add a second skill menu to the Warrior like the Sorcerer & Mage have, so the class can front 6 skills and be viable in more encounters.

Legendary Dark Knight mode from DMC4, but in Dragon's Dogma.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
wbacon, Capcom community manage(?) posted some 4K 50mb/s hudless gameplay footage to mega. WARNING: 5GB download. Video is silly high quality.

Apparently it was pulled from a GTX 770 (2GB) card, which is really damned impressive for 4k@60fps video Yeah, I thoguht that was suspicious. Naturally it's a 290x or 980+.

Also, a short 120mb/s bitrate 4K clip for the best quality you can get.

Anyway, the link for anyone interested in super high quality video so they can zoom in on pixels and agonize over aliasing, or anisotropic filtering.

https://mega.nz/#F!6lECWbAY!wouagJbXA10R3-z_8mbJTg

also: I never noticed the Chimera front pawns had a pair of little mutant claws. Enough output resolution I could actually see the things. neat!

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 5, 2015

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
I played a little bit of Dragon's Dogma Online, and if that is any indicator, the game will run fantastic. I have a GTX770 as well. So unless they gently caress it up somehow the game will run well.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Hype really died in here, Lets Try and Fix That.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Im_Special posted:

Hype really died in here, Lets Try and Fix That.

A German site is claiming these as the system requirements so hopefully even a modest rig can handle crazy quad Maelstrom sorcerers in glorious 60 fps.

Minimum Requirements
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200, 2.7 GHz
2GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or AMD Radeon HD 4850
Windows Vista 32 bit

Recommended Requirements
Intel Core i5 660 / AMD Phenom II X4 840
4GB RAM
Radeon HD 5870 / GeForce GTX 480

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Regarding release time: "The game will unlock/release on the same day all at once. In other words, Valve flips the switch and everyone starts the game at same time.
We'll announce the finalized launch date/hour when the Steam pre-purchase offer goes live. That should happen sometime between mid-December but before Christmas. Stay tuned!"

All pre-existing dlc will be packaged in, but there were 2 dlc packages in steam's leaked list - dev's mentioned multiple preorder incentives so expect things like infinite ferry stone to be there.

There's claims that it works on 144Hz monitors, but other titles from the framework maxed at 120Hz so take that with a grain of salt.

There isn't much to say before preorders go up, and there isn't much to say here until the game comes out - especially if you haven't played it before. Hopefully enough people go in blind that the interesting parts of the game are surprises.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Wait, did I read that right? The game is coming out mid-december?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Blacktoll posted:

That's when the preorder and prepurchase stuff.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I can't wait to Mystic Knight it up again. Melee Mystic Knight is my favorite. Perfect blocks and sigils all day.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Blacktoll posted:

Pre-orders before Christmas, possible release on January 1st.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

expect mid-late january release and be surprised if its any earlier

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
No stopping the HYPE!

Prepare to get disappointed.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I have incredibly important and difficult final exams on February 8th. It's gonna be a hard time.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Magick Archer + Mouse aiming :getin:

I loved this game so hard, no question of getting onboard for PC on day one.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Valatar posted:

Magick Archer + Mouse aiming :getin:

Why would that even matter all the magick archer shots lock on. Maybe if you play one of the other yellow classes that actually have to aim like peasants.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's not hard to aim anyway :smuggo:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Playing this game with a M+KB sounds like utter madness.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Harrow posted:

I can't wait to Mystic Knight it up again. Melee Mystic Knight is my favorite. Perfect blocks and sigils all day.

Being able to abuse mystic knight magic cannon spam above 2 fps is going to be glorious.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's gonna suck not having 30 seconds to react to enemies attacks anymore.

Might actually have to get good at this game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Being able to abuse mystic knight magic cannon spam above 2 fps is going to be glorious.

I wonder how many Maelstroms my PC can handle on-screen without dropping frames.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I had gotten so used to playing this and Lightning Returns at what amounted to sub-30 FPS, watching videos of these games at a buttery smooth 60 FPS is wiggin' me out. They just... just... look so good.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

So now that we're all buying the game fresh and new and unspoiled by e-pals with no-cost lvl.200 pawns giving away Everfall gear, what's everyone's builds looking like? Rushing the main plot vs. trying for The Hero cheevo in the first NG? Who will be your first PC beloved?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I'm probably going to try to do a magick archer, since i never got around to that on console. I was thinking of maxing out mage, then sorcerer and then going to Murder Bowman after a short stint as an assassin.

my beloved will be the blacksmith. they're masterworks all, you can't go wrong.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
same as every other game i've tried of it. Mage > sorc > magic archer with dips into whichever get the bonus to item carry

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

paco650 posted:

So now that we're all buying the game fresh and new and unspoiled by e-pals with no-cost lvl.200 pawns giving away Everfall gear, what's everyone's builds looking like? Rushing the main plot vs. trying for The Hero cheevo in the first NG? Who will be your first PC beloved?

I'm going to roll a MK start to finish.

Or a 'pure' strider....

but I also want to make a pure Warrior again...

Never messed with Magick Archer tho...

Does anyone have a good guide for setting up Steam Family Sharing?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I finished mage > sorc > MA and Fighter > MK > Warrior games on the console version, then abandoned a Strider game pretty early, so I'll definitely be doing that.

I'll probably dip into assassin then finish as ranger since I'm not interested in solo assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I did a less than optimal MA on console, so I'm going to do the Mage>Sorc>MA this time.

• Locked thread