Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

My favorite thing about that lovely "one-armed" powerbomb he's started doing is that there are several guys on the roster who could probably do it with a tenth of the visible effort; with at least three in Cesaro, Cena, and Brock that definitely can.

But

That reminds me of Cesaro/Roman's tournament match, where Cesaro basically made Roman look like a lesser talented scrub before jobbing.

Cesaro :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Actually legit I'm now worried about Reigns because when they start talking about THE POWER regarding anyone, that always ends with them having to do a power move to Big Show or maybe Big Show + other dude.

Guys I don't wanna see Reigns' back snap in two cause he has to lift Big Show one handed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Muddy Burphy posted:

I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that Daniel Bryan is never coming back.

Daniel Bryan wouldn't be anywhere on the Monopoly board.

There's no spot for a farm.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't see it posted here or in the social media thread, so here you go: this thousand-yard stare would make a lovely avatar for anyone interested.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Efexeye posted:

I think it's important to stress how very very very over Roman is at the live house

Over with the 140 people who make up a WWE house show crowd lately.

Doesn't really matter how loudly kids chant Let's go Roman if they're not filling the thousands of extra seats they filled when they chanted Let's go Cena

Kids are fickle and will cheer for p. much anyone.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

kids also drag their parents to pay per views for $65 a ticket, and buy concessions and merch, T-shirts at 30 bucks a pop and then ask for expensive licensed playsets for christmas, would you book for that or for the $10 a month network?

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

Korelle posted:

Over with the 140 people who make up a WWE house show crowd lately.

Doesn't really matter how loudly kids chant Let's go Roman if they're not filling the thousands of extra seats they filled when they chanted Let's go Cena

Kids are fickle and will cheer for p. much anyone.

Raw was about sold out last night and the crowd was STRONGLY pro-Roman

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

UpfrontSalmon posted:

Good to see another city agree that this is not, in fact, Boring, and that this is indeed Real Life.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

based on the extensive market research i conduct weekly with my 8 year old, Roman is Very Cool and the Superman Punch is Awesome

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's possible to book for children and also make a good show in the process

Blancone
Apr 5, 2015

quote:

Barry Horn ‏@bhorn55 21m21 minutes ago
Yup. Cowboys-Redskins tie for highest MNF overnight rating of season with Pats-Bills.

I'm really curious to see the ratings now. We can see a new low tonight, guys

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

carnies don't like to put in effort which is why they are carnies

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Efexeye posted:

carnies don't like to put in effort which is why they are carnies

Small hands, smell like cabbage

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Blancone posted:

I'm really curious to see the ratings now. We can see a new low tonight, guys

I expect so, the 3rd hour had literal nothing, and the main event was so badly promoted I had no idea what it could be until it happened even by process of elimination (my guess was Reigns/Barrett)

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Oh Snapple! posted:

My favorite thing about that lovely "one-armed" powerbomb he's started doing is that there are several guys on the roster who could probably do it with a tenth of the visible effort; with at least three in Cesaro, Cena, and Brock that definitely can.

But

I'd like to see Roman Reigns do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnpqk-dXo_s

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

oatgan posted:

It's possible to book for children and also make a good show in the process
Book RAW like Adventure Time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should not be pushing Roman how they are but seemingly insisting that like, a year+ worth of reports pretty consistently saying he's really over as being somehow falsified or something is somehow even stupider.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Children don't know about workrate or the Japanese matches and are the worst fans in a landslide.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Jenny Angel posted:

I didn't see it posted here or in the social media thread, so here you go: this thousand-yard stare would make a lovely avatar for anyone interested.

Neither does the hot black woman, maybe shes the crazy twitter stalker and they are both thinking about the hot passionate night they spent together

Anyone see Breaking grounds btw seriously gently caress Eva Marie it seems like even the WWE brass are sick of her

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Oh Snapple! posted:

But

Fuckin half the guys I see at the gym could do that with less effort than he lifted Sin Cara last week

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

projecthalaxy posted:

Children don't know about workrate or the Japanese matches and are the worst fans in a landslide.

Bunch of lazy millennials if you ask me.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Watching this I like how Cole is just reading his Vince fed lines while King is ":stare: D-did... did you just see that!?"

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Efexeye posted:

based on the extensive market research i conduct weekly with my 8 year old, Roman is Very Cool and the Superman Punch is Awesome

When I was 8 I would have eaten cut up hot dogs for every meal if you'd let me

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They should not be pushing Roman how they are but seemingly insisting that like, a year+ worth of reports pretty consistently saying he's really over as being somehow falsified or something is somehow even stupider.

I don't think they're falsified but at the same time I don't think you can tell me that there aren't several other people on the roster who would get these house reactions if they had even a quarter of the company support that Roman has behind him. It's extremely inorganic and a function of Roman being the only person they're actually pushing more than anything in particular about him. He's pushed, he wins, no one matters but him, and that's all kids care about.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 8, 2015

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
If I were 8 and at that Raw I would have been screaming for tater tots whether Roman mentioned them or not.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Roman is really over (less over than Bryan, Cena, Orton, Lesnar, Ambrose, Ziggler, Ryback, that is, literally every uppercard face)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Also while I'm sure he's over at house shows, watching Raw every week + the PPVs, it is extremely apparent when they're loving with the crowd mic in order to portray what they want in muting negative responses to Roman and positive ones to several of the folks Tezzor just mentioned. Nothing like seeing Ambrose enter and the entire crowd visibly pop only for the barest hint of it to actually get picked up on.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So is Roman's new shirt at TLC just going to be a drawing of a tater tot with Sheamus's Mohawk and beard, or is it going to have a dumb phrase on the back?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

projecthalaxy posted:

or is it going to have a dumb phrase on the back?

Ready or Not
Tater Tot

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

No new shirts, but the WWE's line of tater tot truck nuts should be hitting the store just in time for Christmas!

Sheamus fan? No problem! Look for the new "Sheamus peeing on a Roman Reigns logo" bumper stickers, coming soon!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I agree re: Roman being less over than Cesaro, Ambrose, or Bryan. I'm also not saying that certain less over guys might not be more over with his push. I'm jussayin' he's over.

Every person on this forum should know by now I think they should push Dean instead for a litany of reasons.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."
Believe Tot

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Wow that's interesting cuz I've been eating a lot of soft shelled tortillas and meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow hitler meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow aids meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow

Fair points one and all, but how does keep Roman strong?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Delsaber posted:

No new shirts, but the WWE's line of tater tot truck nuts should be hitting the store just in time for Christmas!

Sheamus fan? No problem! Look for the new "Sheamus peeing on a Roman Reigns logo" bumper stickers, coming soon!

Balee Dat in the No Fear font.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't watch Dr. Who.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The tater tots promo on Sheamus was bad, but was it as bad as the promos on Big Show?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

When I was 8 I would have eaten cut up hot dogs for every meal if you'd let me

You would also watch cartoons and pro wrestling if they let you as you would find them amusing, being children's media and all

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Barring something else amazing between now and the end of Raw, I found next week's title

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also yeah, people were leaving before the main event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

UpfrontSalmon posted:

Yes, and then as you mentioned Roman proceeded to bore them all to loving death. And that's just the people who didn't gently caress off beforehand.

This is absolutely the best time to try and get it right with Roman, as we're missing Cena, Lesnar, Bryan, Rollins and Cesaro among others, a wide selection people who are either far more over among casual fans, or far more over among hardcore fans. If he keeps being given these soul-destroyingly dull 10 minute promos then he's dead in the water the next time he's sharing the ring with a Cena or a Lesnar.

• Locked thread