Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Murderion posted:

:hitler: Ze codes! Tell us ze codes and you can go free!

:gonk: N... never

:hitler: Still so brave? Ve shall see about zat. Hans! Our friend needs a second time around. Activate... ze projector!

Shouldn't that be Han???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mr. Unlucky posted:

i never read any of this crap so all these years i thought thrawn was a squid person like ackbar

very disappointed to learn he is just some blue rear end in a top hat

That would be Admiral Prawn

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I'll never get sick and tired of all these star whores.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I don't want to be shot seeing the Star Wars

Can I get get get a copy of the movie to screen in my prepper bunker

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

effectual posted:

I would say Ms. Quinn is a a star but that's just me

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Dely Apple posted:

I don't want to be shot seeing the Star Wars

Can I get get get a copy of the movie to screen in my prepper bunker

Move to Canada. It's like the same, but we have poutine and much less guns

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

bunnyofdoom posted:

Move to Canada. It's like the same, but we have poutine and much less guns

Is there a canada but without poutine?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

effectual posted:

Is there a canada but without poutine?

The really lovely parts of Canada.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

effectual posted:

I found the imdb listing for that, this television series seems a little :nws: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343312/ What's really baffling is it lists only a single episode for its first season, I mean, how does that even work?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Apparently George Lucas really liked the new movie so I guess that means it's garbage poo poo out of my butt

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/george-lucas-really-liked-the-force-awakens.html

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bunnyofdoom posted:

The really lovely parts of Canada.

Minnesota?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Han Solo dies.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Beef Turret posted:

Han Solo dies.

They all will die, someday.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ThirdPartyView posted:

They all will die, someday.

Unless you become a Force ghost or accept the immortal kingdom of the Lord and Saviour by letting Luke Skywalker in to your heart

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I just found out today that lucas asked toshiro mifune, known for being in every kurosawa film ever, to play obi wan

this owns a whole lot and makes me think more positively about lucas

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

nrook posted:

I just found out today that lucas asked toshiro mifune, known for being in every kurosawa film ever, to play obi wan

That would have been amazing. (He wasn't in Ikiru or Ran, though).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

nrook posted:

Young, experimental Lucas owned

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

watched the despecialized edition of Star Wars with my daughter last night. the pacing is much better at a tight two hours without all the weird rightly-cut scenes thrown back in. it's cool for jabba to be a uh... phantom menace only hinted at till the third one.

i'm a cynical af goon, but there's something just MAGICAL about watching a 5-year old enraptured by a 40 year old movie that's captured the imagination of generations.

she wants to watch the rest, also wants me to buy x-wing so we can play. I think she can deal with a really basic version (no ship text, no upgrades, just maneuvers and attacks)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Replaying X-Wing Alliance and I'm still kinda surprised with how much fun it still is

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if you could mod out that stupid robot I might agree with that

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Booblord Zagats posted:

Replaying X-Wing Alliance and I'm still kinda surprised with how much fun it still is
The entire X-wing/TIE Fighter series loving owns, and is a really high point when it comes to Star Wars videogames.

I'm replaying The Force Unleashed 2 for the first time since it came out because I remember literally nothing from it, and I'm just steamrolling my way through the game on Easy difficulty and it's awesome and hilarious. Tossing people through windows, bowling them over with giant metal spheres, overloading jetpacks so people go flying randomly before exploding, this poo poo owns. It's like the developers sat down and said "okay what did people have the most fun doing in the first game?" and dialed that up to 11 and made a game of nothing but you ripping through meatshield redshirts.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Booblord Zagats posted:

It has some really cool missions and I adore the prologue campaign - it's from a time where developers weren't afraid to let things breathe. If XW:A was made today, the prologue campaign would be condensed all into one mission.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Milky Moor posted:

It has some really cool missions and I adore the prologue campaign - it's from a time where developers weren't afraid to let things breathe. If XW:A was made today, the prologue campaign would be condensed all into one mission.

It would be a tutorial that would pause game play and make you press the correct keys to move forward and a later DLC pack would be released that let you run cargo hauling missions as Aeron in the weeks prior for 5.99

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jedi outcast on hardest difficulty before you get a light saber is a horrible time. It slightly picks up when you get a saber and becomes fun by the time you hit Bespin. gently caress Nar Shadaa though.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SaltLick posted:

Jedi outcast on hardest difficulty before you get a light saber is a horrible time. It slightly picks up when you get a saber and becomes fun by the time you hit Bespin. gently caress Nar Shadaa though.

Haha that was great when in the Lightsaber Game you spend four levels not having a lightsaber and then once you get one you immediately have to fight long range snipers.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
give weapons
saberColor purple
g_saberRealisticCombat 1
setforceall 3

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Castor Poe posted:

give weapons
saberColor purple
g_saberRealisticCombat 1
setforceall 3

It's been years since I played, but IIRC if you used setforceall 4 jedi mind trick would let you play as whoever you were targeting, which was always fun. Also g_saberRealisticCombat is the best cheat ever put into a star wars game, the only question is why it didn't become mandatory in every star wars game

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Castor Poe posted:

give weapons
saberColor purple
g_saberRealisticCombat 1
setforceall 3

a man of taste and quality

sometimes saberColor yellow too

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a blue and orange dual wield man myself.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Don Gato posted:

It's been years since I played, but IIRC if you used setforceall 4 jedi mind trick would let you play as whoever you were targeting, which was always fun. Also g_saberRealisticCombat is the best cheat ever put into a star wars game, the only question is why it didn't become mandatory in every star wars game

It's not present in The Force Unleashed 1, but it's very present in TFU2, especially when you go into "rage mode". Limbs and heads just go flying, it owns.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

shiksa posted:

oh my god, it's going to be heavy on politics with moffs doing the space opera version of dividing alexander's empire isnt it?

Hey buddy let me tell you about Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I'm like a third of the way through Lost Stars, I think it's called, the new YA Star Wars book, and it's surprisingly pretty good so far. So far it's sorta standard YA fare about two friends--or maybe more??? Because YA-- at the Imperial Academy on Coruscant getting up to teenage boarding school hijinks but apparently one's going to join the Rebels while one stays loyal to the Empire and it goes through and slightly past the events of the original trilogy. It's not amazing or anything but I like it pretty well.

The free 10% Kindle sample of that new Battlefront: Twilight Company book was pretty good too and I may end up getting that once I'm done with this one.

Is the new EU... actually good? :stonk:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Don Gato posted:

For some reason, it never seemed to work in Jedi Academy either (maybe it's just my version). I always enjoyed dicing Rodians to bits and watching their limbs go through their pre-set death throes. "If you're reaching for the blaster, it's over there with your legs." *Force push!* "Haha. Go fetch, Greedo."

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'm like a third of the way through Lost Stars, I think it's called, the new YA Star Wars book, and it's surprisingly pretty good so far. So far it's sorta standard YA fare about two friends--or maybe more??? Because YA-- at the Imperial Academy on Coruscant getting up to teenage boarding school hijinks but apparently one's going to join the Rebels while one stays loyal to the Empire and it goes through and slightly past the events of the original trilogy. It's not amazing or anything but I like it pretty well.

The free 10% Kindle sample of that new Battlefront: Twilight Company book was pretty good too and I may end up getting that once I'm done with this one.

No.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

it will start out fine enough,twilight company is actually pretty good. but my guess is quality will eventually degrade.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is impossible for the eu from any piece of media to be good as it is not created by the people who made the original good media.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Groovelord Neato posted:

it is impossible for the eu from any piece of media to be good as it is not created by the people who made the original good media.
Except there are good parts of EU from different media that are not from the original creators (X-wing) and there is stuff from the original creators that sucks (prequels) so that truism doesn't hold up at all.

To take the Alien series, all the movies are radically different from each other, and some are good and some are less than good. It has less to do with "straying from the formula" and more to do with straight up storytelling competence and talent. 'Aliens' isn't good "because it's just like Alien".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the games are good because they have good gameplay.

george lucas was not the sole creator of the original films and pretty much all the good stuff in them has nothing to do with him.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I was talking about the Wraith books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Groovelord Neato posted:

the games are good because they have good gameplay.

george lucas was not the sole creator of the original films and pretty much all the good stuff in them has nothing to do with him.

Marcia should have been hired by Disney to make sure the new movies are good.

• Locked thread