Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

you can just run past those guys if you dont want to fight em

I want to practice my skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

tumor looking batty posted:

the music is also really good. im stuck on darkbeast paarl

He has a really hosed up hitbox, it seems. I cannot always stun him.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I find the Flamesprayer helps though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

I always beat him but just running at him constantly because all his big swipes whiff and you can just rattle your sword around inside his rib cage

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

is the forbidden forest the blighttown of bb?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I used the Axe, which was probably why it took me so long to beat him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

his legs have separate health points .. so like, attack one leg until he falls over, then move onto another leg until hje does it again, and so on. regarding his hit box or whatever ... some of his moves do slight splash damage cos of the electric that shoots from him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

is the forbidden forest the blighttown of bb?

Hmm. Maybe. I think there's a DLC area that's closer

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ohhh.. hitbox means something different to what i thought. well, hes fast, so you take a risk by using a big weapon, even though its easier to stun him with one. with a faster weapon you can land more hits, but you dont have as much hit stun.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i havent read this thread in a long time because i havent gotten the dlc yet and want to avoid knowing anything about it, but here is a neat video you all might enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi4QThvzlWY

thanks!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

ohhh.. hitbox means something different to what i thought. well, hes fast, so you take a risk by using a big weapon, even though its easier to stun him with one. with a faster weapon you can land more hits, but you dont have as much hit stun.

No I think I was wrong. I thought Hitbox=part on his body where your attack connects but evidently it's the reverse? In either case I also had trouble avoiding his swipes too, I tried to roll though 'em usually but sometimes it would be fine and other times he would hit me and gently caress me up.

I've been using that word incorrectly for years :whitewater:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

No I think I was wrong. I thought Hitbox=part on his body where your attack connects but evidently it's the reverse? In either case I also had trouble avoiding his swipes too, I tried to roll though 'em usually but sometimes it would be fine and other times he would hit me and gently caress me up.

I've been using that word incorrectly for years :whitewater:

im not really au fait with videogame terminology so im probably more likely to be wrong than you :P

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hitbox and Hurtbox can be used interchangeably I think.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Did they change something about miclash? He's always been a joke for me and phase 1 still is but in phase 2 he one shots me every time. Like I can't even hit him once, he just chain casts that splash/homing spell and I fall over and die even with all arcane resist stuff on

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

Did they change something about miclash? He's always been a joke for me and phase 1 still is but in phase 2 he one shots me every time. Like I can't even hit him once, he just chain casts that splash/homing spell and I fall over and die even with all arcane resist stuff on

he's always been dangerous, but he only casts that if you're standing away from him. stay near him and he only punches you or uses the tentacle move. but they changed the tentacle move to do more damage recently so beware of that now too.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

he's always been dangerous, but he only casts that if you're standing away from him. stay near him and he only punches you or uses the tentacle move. but they changed the tentacle move to do more damage recently so beware of that now too.

Did the tentacle always trigger a parry? I don't remember that happening before

Edit also I just beat Maria and while that was incredibly tense she is way too easy to parry

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

Did the tentacle always trigger a parry? I don't remember that happening before

Edit also I just beat Maria and while that was incredibly tense she is way too easy to parry

augur parrying is new.

started my sl4 guy yesterday and beat bloodstarved beast. this is really fun so far and I bet the challenge is going to ramp up when I get to the forest. also got my rear end kicked by the defiled watchdog on my chalice dungeon character, that dog is tough.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

augur parrying is new.

started my sl4 guy yesterday and beat bloodstarved beast. this is really fun so far and I bet the challenge is going to ramp up when I get to the forest. also got my rear end kicked by the defiled watchdog on my chalice dungeon character, that dog is tough.

it gets challenging after the shadows .. the shadows themselves can be pretty hard too cos you dont do much visceral damage. the defiled watchdog powns ... definitely one of the best souls bosses imo .

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
heres me absolutely mureking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr0NIld1Gjg

everyone else on youtube takes like 7 minyutes to kill it :coal:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

augur parrying is new.

Defiled watchdog took me 80+ attempts but you seem to be much better at the game so I'm sure it won't take you long. I still cant kill defiled amygdaloid though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

Defiled watchdog took me 80+ attempts but you seem to be much better at the game so I'm sure it won't take you long. I still cant kill defiled amygdaloid though

did u know you can hit its arms as well as its head? i honestly didnt know until after i killed it -_______-

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you hit amygdala's arms enough they will be crippled for a bit too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It at least triggers a different stun animation, like if you hit the elbow that supports her on that one swipe attack she will slip off of it and be open a bit longer

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Benny D posted:

Amygdala is, imo, easier than watchdog by a mile. The general strategy is that you bait out the jump attack. There's a video of it somewhere if you really want the help.

Honestly the most difficult part of her is getting into the room without instantly dying. That happened three times in a row. I'd go through the fog door and get plastered.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

Amygdala is, imo, easier than watchdog by a mile. The general strategy is that you bait out the jump attack. There's a video of it somewhere if you really want the help.

Honestly the most difficult part of her is getting into the room without instantly dying. That happened three times in a row. I'd go through the fog door and get plastered.

I'm getting to phase 3 now. I switched to ludwigs because it was easier to hit the arms with but I forgot it still had some old rear end gems in it. I put my fancy ones in and now I'm wrecking him

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I died to micolash for like the first time I can remember because I forgot that augur parries now and I was just r1 wailing on him and he cast it at the right time to parry me and then killed me :negative:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Micolash has owned me with A Call Beyond more times than I care to admit, mostly on NG+

I really hate that boss. It seems like it's the easy joke fight so when I die to it I feel insulted

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Harrow posted:

Micolash has owned me with A Call Beyond more times than I care to admit, mostly on NG+

I really hate that boss. It seems like it's the easy joke fight so when I die to it I feel insulted

the witches of hemwick are the only boss i still die to in the regular game and i die at least once every time. like i know u can get one really low and focus on the other, but i dont do it, and its a lot harder if u dont .... i hope so anyway, or i look like a mega n00b right now :d

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I really feel like Maria should've been a super difficult boss but between how easy she is to parry and the insane amount of time I spent learning to fight Chikage hunter it felt relatively easy and I got her on my second attempt

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I feel bad about not really parrying but I don't wanna stop using the greatsword, and its transition attack sucks.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

the witches of hemwick are the only boss i still die to in the regular game and i die at least once every time. like i know u can get one really low and focus on the other, but i dont do it, and its a lot harder if u dont .... i hope so anyway, or i look like a mega n00b right now :d

I beat artorias on my first attempt ever but I get owned by Taurus demon repeatedly every playthrough. I think everyone has that one "supposed to be easy" boss they have trouble with. That or everyone else is lying

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Benny D posted:

I beat artorias on my first attempt ever but I get owned by Taurus demon repeatedly every playthrough. I think everyone has that one "supposed to be easy" boss they have trouble with. That or everyone else is lying
I still generally lose once or twice to gaping dragon of all things. It's so easy and I know what I'm suppose to do and I can't even remember what I get hit by (probably the tail).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It varies with me play to play. Often times I do best on my first playthrough because I'm more methodical (more souls up to that point, more cautious on every fight etc) but on later times I'm running from boss to boss and playing sloppy because I'm overestimating my ability.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

For me it's Ebrietas. I had such a terrible time fighting her in my first playthrough I get super nervous about considering clearing out Upper Cathedral.

It's weird actually because in a subsequent playthrough I beat her on the first try while hammered.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

their grab is an instakill on sl4. found this out the hard way, twice.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Eagle posted:

their grab is an instakill on sl4. found this out the hard way, twice.

It was also an instakill on my Milquetoast level 29 Character.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im at the spider

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

It's weird actually because in a subsequent playthrough I beat her on the first try while hammered.

a hunter is a hunter, even in a dream

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

here's some sl4 amelia slaughtering, probably going to use the same strategy on rom the vacuous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_OQl8hByVg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I'm trying orphan again after not playing for a few days. This is the first time I've been annoyed by not having endless vials/bullets because I use a lot of resources every time I fight orphan