Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Why are there USWA episodes filed under GWF? From what I can figure, all the episodes of both seem to focus on Steve Austin, but they are different companies, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
AWA features the debut of Sean Micheals! Who uses the superkick as a setup for an aerial move!

Also Bun Boy Barton.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

TL posted:

Why are there USWA episodes filed under GWF? From what I can figure, all the episodes of both seem to focus on Steve Austin, but they are different companies, right?

When WCCW merged with CWA in Memphis, they created USWA. They ran cards in both Memphis area and Texas. These are the Texas shows. When GWF started up, I guess they bought the rights to the Texas USWA footage and made some Best of type shows. Not sure if it was just to fill air time or what, but its basically GWF Presents Best of USWA.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh my God, Stampede wrestling. Now I can watch this and be sad that there's only midget wrestling in Calgary now

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Wednesday at 4:30 PM Eastern, It will be a brand-new episode of "Unfiltered with Renée Young" with Sasha Banks talking about her cousin Snoop Dogg, K Pop and more.

As is tradition with Unfiltered I am looking forward to being being furious at how short this interview will be.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I've never watched 80s wrestling before but I started randomly watching NWA Jan 5 1986 and I love all these promos where they replay a brawl from Starrcade(?) and have the faces and heels give opposing takes on it

this Baby Doll angle, though, not so great

except for WHEN YOU GET ON SPACE MOUNTAIN, YOU'LL BE LIKE THIS *Flair flops*

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

ive been watching wccw for the past several hours and have determined that ric flair is the greatest and the von erich/freebirds feud was so so good

I was just watching wccw 54. the recap of flair vs kerry von erich and holy gently caress! Kerry was punching the gently caress out of flair.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

rovert posted:

As is tradition with Unfiltered I am looking forward to being being furious at how short this interview will be.

I don't understand what the market for stuff like this is honestly. If they're not going to do a full half hour what's the point?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Muddy Burphy posted:

I don't understand what the market for stuff like this is honestly. If they're not going to do a full half hour what's the point?

people will consume the content on their phones when they have a few minutes to kill.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah I can squeeze in an Unfiltered on my streetcar ride home. It's fluff content for killing time that you don't have to give a moment's thought to when it ends.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Stampede episodes have been removed, apparently because of a rights issue involving Bret Hart.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The first 5 minutes of this episode of Mid-South are kind of amazing.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v532718483

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

Swagger Dagger posted:

As soon as I heard "break dancing," I knew I was in for a treat.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Swagger Dagger posted:

The music can't be the original right? The intro and montage music 3 minutes in is fantastic, in a music library sort of way

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

The music can't be the original right? The intro and montage music 3 minutes in is fantastic, in a music library sort of way

I think it's all replaced, because I went on youtube trying to find that intro theme and I can't.

From later in the show:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Alain Post posted:

The Stampede episodes have been removed, apparently because of a rights issue involving Bret Hart.

According to Big Dave, Bret owns the rights to all of his Stampede matches. He contacted WWE over it, WWE ignored him and Bret threatened to possibly sue them if they continued using it.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does Bret plan on ever doing anything with his Stampede footage? WWE should just buy him out and be done with it.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

EugeneJ posted:

Does Bret plan on ever doing anything with his Stampede footage? WWE should just buy him out and be done with it.

Bret just being willing to sell the footage for a fair price seems way too simple for Bret.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"I want one billion dollars CANADIAN and an in-ring apology from Shawn and Vince on Raw."

"Bret, we can't afford that much, and we already did apologies."

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I watched one episode of Stampede that someone posted here and it was hilarious, what with Bruce Hart murdering a promo, every non-white guy being a heel, Mr. Wrestling's "this worked in the 60's" gimmick, a guy saying he is rich because he has cigars, and so on. Hope it comes back.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

"I want one billion dollars CANADIAN and an in-ring apology from Shawn and Vince on Raw."

"Bret, we can't afford that much, and we already did apologies."

A billion CDN is like 80 bucks USD.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

I think Bret is still very protective of his image. I'm not surprised that he owns the stampede footage of himself. In his autobiography, he talked about how he wanted rights to ask of his matches. I think WWE owns the rest of Stampede but I don't think most people would be interested in anything that's not Bret.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe Bret is embarrassed by his early stuff?

Randy Savage and his brother Lanny notoriously hated whenever anything from their dad's ICW promotion would pop up years later

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

A billion CDN is like 80 bucks USD.

earlier today

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Muddy Burphy posted:

Bret just being willing to sell the footage for a fair price seems way too simple for Bret the poo poo-Man Fart.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

*Butt

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Nice

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Call Me Charlie posted:

According to Big Dave, Bret owns the rights to all of his Stampede matches. He contacted WWE over it, WWE ignored him and Bret threatened to possibly sue them if they continued using it.

What a mark

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They're starting to add more 99/00 Raws

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Benne posted:

They're starting to add more 99/00 Raws

Hopefully this means the beauty of 99/00 Nitro will finally be back

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
They really need to move the "RAW Attitude Era" shows into the RAW Replays section. No need for a separate section.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DudeDeuce posted:

They really need to move the "RAW Attitude Era" shows into the RAW Replays section. No need for a separate section.

But where's the mention of the motherfucking, cock sucking ATTITUDE ERA in that???

You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you post, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

It's the opposite actually if you think about it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

quote:

Join Corey Graves for this in-depth preview of NXT TakeOver: London!
follwed by a new UNFILTERED at 4pm but again, not really-

quote:

Renee Young chats with JJ Abrams and the cast of STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS in a WWE exclusive interview about the making of the movie.

All I see new.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Seriously awful experience trying to watch the TLC replay at like 1 am. Skipping. Jumping around. Switching to like 240p.

Will it get better?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Seriously awful experience trying to watch the TLC replay at like 1 am. Skipping. Jumping around. Switching to like 240p.

Will it get better?

I seriously never have problems except when there are universal outages. I don't know what to tell you. :(

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Will it get better?

Alvarez account spotted

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I had a few bufferings on Roku but otherwise had no problems watching TLC live.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Today I learned that pressing the mute button on a Samsung smart TV will cause the app to crash and take like 10 minutes to reconnect. This is the most amazing bug I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
HDMI CEC is the worst supported feature ever.