Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Are you going to do the 3rd alliance? I'm willing to do it too just need to figure out who in Doctor Goons would take leader.

I tell ya what. Handle the 3rd, I'll handle 4th when it comes to that. Make zaboron leader until you get back, I know him well and he is good people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I tell ya what. Handle the 3rd, I'll handle 4th when it comes to that. Make zaboron leader until you get back, I know him well and he is good people.

Ok. Once I have 500,000 shield fun bucks I'll open up the next group.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

This kinda got lost earlier so I'm gonna re-ask: How are y'all primarily using your exp chips? To supplement your main team? Or to catch other heroes up?

I like to use them when I'm powerlevelling some 3-star chump to 45, I'll do the last 1-2 levels with chips. There's no wrong answer though, getting your mains to 60 is pretty important, and getting a broad base of useful characters is also pretty important.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dont make me the leader of anything

being the leader of things sucks

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
ICR how much money have you already spent on this game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

dont make me the leader of anything

being the leader of things sucks

It'd be for a day or two when Alliance 4 starts up. Not anytime soon. Then you switch lead back to me. Gratzi.

Mr. Maggy posted:

ICR how much money have you already spent on this game.

I'm VIP3 so... Probably $75?

I won't whale out hard like MH in the long run. These guys are much more generous with stuff. The $4 Stark Stash monthly is plenty. I did the crystal buys for Black Friday because I didn't expect the deals to be so amazing.

So I'm basically $4 a month now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also the XP event and gold event are active now. Going until 9pm est. 3 hour event.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
How's Ant-Man, Giant-Man and Yellowjacket for a three stars team? The team boosts seem nice, and at least Yellowjacket and Giant Man seem well regarded. I have a three stars hero thingy and was thinking on burning it on Ant-Man.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ants Man is hard to farm so he's a good choice just from the bio efficiency perspective.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

How's Ant-Man, Giant-Man and Yellowjacket for a three stars team? The team boosts seem nice, and at least Yellowjacket and Giant Man seem well regarded. I have a three stars hero thingy and was thinking on burning it on Ant-Man.

Giant Man and YJ own. Nuff said.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

This kinda got lost earlier so I'm gonna re-ask: How are y'all primarily using your exp chips? To supplement your main team? Or to catch other heroes up?

Exp chips actually have diminishing returns when used on higher level characers(source:reddit).

Use it on lv 1 characters and boost them to lv40 if you have that much. Note best condition affects exp chips.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Alright looking for advice here. Tomorrow I get a token to rank anyone up to 4 stars and need advice
My current 4 stars are
Nico blast
Wasp blast
Angela universal

I have various 3 stars, 2 stars and 1 stars
I feel like I should use that on a fist or speed to better balance out
Possible choices are
She hulk, currently 1 star
Fisk, currently 2 star I think
Green goblin, currently 3
Spiderman, currently 2
Daredevil, currently 2

Daredevil and spiderman seem the easiest to farm and, slowly, push toward 5 but she hulk is beastly.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Use it on She Hulk. Everyone else can be farmed at a reasonable pace.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I'm VIP4 so whats that about $100 spent? I'm enjoying the poo poo out of the game though so eh thats probably all I'll spend beyond the $4 a month.

I'm ready to join the new guild once it opens up.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

EzEight posted:

Exp chips actually have diminishing returns when used on higher level characers(source:reddit).

Do you know if the exp chip rank matters (e.g. do level 1 chips work best on one star dudes and worse on 6 star dudes) or do they just apply their stated xp amount?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I'm VIP4 so whats that about $100 spent? I'm enjoying the poo poo out of the game though so eh thats probably all I'll spend beyond the $4 a month.

I'm ready to join the new guild once it opens up.

On the shame level I'm just under vip 3. Spent money during Black Friday with iTunes gift cards being on sale.
The new guild should be up tomorrow for sure. Still farming.

punchymcpunch posted:

Do you know if the exp chip rank matters (e.g. do level 1 chips work best on one star dudes and worse on 6 star dudes) or do they just apply their stated xp amount?

Same across the board.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 9, 2015

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
okay guys but for realsies speed characters aren't all bad, my team consists of Speeder-Man, Buckle Up Buckaroo, and I don't have any clever names for giant man because he's not a speedy speed boy like the other two.

winter soldier owns, though, realtalk

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I was able to squeeze out 500,000 and the third alliance is open. It is called Goonlactus.

Zaboron is leader of Doctor Goons which has one spot open now too

Unfortunately I'm heading to bed now so everyone will be added in the morning if you apply.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I pulled a 3* Yondu from a random box, and he's actually pretty good. He does big damage, but his attacks are pretty slow. He's pretty good in Battleworld where he can get away from everyone and just plink away with his arrows attack.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Yondu's bouncing arrow is great AoE too since it's basically Cyclops's ricochet blast from MH except it can hit like 30 times.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Darke GBF posted:

I don't have any clever names for giant man

Xerxes
Grow-liath
Hankry Hankry Hippo
Jeff Goldblum in The Tall Guy

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hogama, you're pretty active and you're a MH bro.

If I start the guild, can I switch you to leader and you can just manage the 30?

Your call but I'm offering. I think I have the 500K ready after your 24 hour leave.

Kelp, I'll switch lead to you until I get back if Hogama or somebody wants to manage Throot Force.

Edit: 90 minutes (6PM EST) until XP and gold boost start!

I'd have been down with that if my current alliance hadn't just hit Lv. 20. I don't have anybody at 60 yet and those 15% EXP and Gold boosts are just so good, sorry.
I do have a separate account for some testing purposes but I'm currently keeping it logged out to see if I can get the "returning player" log-in package; supposedly you have to be logged out for like a month, and then you get stuff like a 5-star selector for coming back.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Who is yondu? We need a drat primer for the nicknames

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yondu is the guy's actual name. The space pirate with the whistle-controlled murder arrow thing in GotG.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's to bad there's no Mutants in this game because it would great to have Dazzler to go with Nico and She Hulk for A-force action.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

waste dese guys

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Please call Yondu by his real life name, Michael Rooker, greatest actor who ever lived. Thank you.

happynoodle
Aug 9, 2004
Not really happy.
I applied to goonlactus as Onorai.

Got my 5 star selector today too for returning and picked up elsa bloodstone, so now i have that, a 4 star captain marvel, and 4 star sister grimm from buying her bundle. Though now i can't really use any of them for the 1-3 star battleworld and the rest of my team is bad. Oh well.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Mr Hootington posted:

I was able to squeeze out 500,000 and the third alliance is open. It is called Goonlactus.

Zaboron is leader of Doctor Goons which has one spot open now too

Unfortunately I'm heading to bed now so everyone will be added in the morning if you apply.
I'm Nebiros but still on the 24hr cooldown, if it inexplicably fills up SUPER FAST can you keep a slot open for me? TIA

Also lmao I was a dum and didn't know about character rarity when I got my selector, so I have a 5* Destroyer. It's not bad, but man I should have made a better choice.

^^If you have the required units there's no harm in playing a few games, even if you rank low you get like maybe 8 biometrics, which is p good!

Deadly Chlorine fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 9, 2015

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

Yondu is the guy's actual name. The space pirate with the whistle-controlled murder arrow thing in GotG.

Jesus I don't know why that escaped me. Assumed goon nickname
Anywho I want to but a hero box but I'm so close to a costume.

Anyone else think spiderman seems insanely good? I hesitate when opposing teams have him. Trying to level him asap

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Jesus I don't know why that escaped me. Assumed goon nickname
Anywho I want to but a hero box but I'm so close to a costume.

Anyone else think spiderman seems insanely good? I hesitate when opposing teams have him. Trying to level him asap
He is a top rank A* character. His costume is p poo poo but I think they're adding better ones soon!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If no one's calling him a nickname yet I'm throwing out Jethro Tull.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They should add a 2099 costume because he's the best spiderman.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Speaking of costumes do they add different skills?
Could have sworn the spider doc octopus had totally different abilities when u faced him

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Could have sworn the spider doc octopus had totally different abilities when u faced him

Basically yes. And superior Spidey for doc Ock owns bones.

It's part of their growth as a company and realizing this rocks and people like it.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

punchymcpunch posted:

Please call Yondu by his real life name, Michael Rooker, greatest actor who ever lived. Thank you.

True fact: Yondu is such a big part of the movie because Gunn wanted to give rooker a bigger role.

The best part of this game is the test arena, its a real good way to test people out. It convinced me that I need to buy Superior Spiderman when I can.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Depends on the costume. You can check them out with the Preview Skill button in the roster view. It lets you check out the moves for anyone in the game, and all the uniforms, even if you don't own them. A fair number only have minor modifications, but yes, Superior Spider-Man is practically an entirely new character from Doc Ock. Kingpin Armor Wars, Bullseye 1872, and Punisher Noir are fairly noticeably different in their sets and animations; Captain America (2099) gets a Falcon twirl on her shield slam, Falcon (Captain America) replaces his guns with the shield bounce, Blade Classic gets a stake toss to replace a buff, Groot Thor Corps whips his hammer around instead of doing a limb whip slam... that sort of thing.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
gently caress, when I logged in and noticed our Alliance leader was gone I hoped for some goon drama to have happened.
Anyway, I'm so going to invite Cides to Doctor Goon.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

^^: HELL. YES.

Dr.Magnificent posted:

True fact: Yondu is such a big part of the movie because Gunn wanted to give rooker a bigger role.

The best part of this game is the test arena, its a real good way to test people out. It convinced me that I need to buy Superior Spiderman when I can.

I gotta agree that the Test Arena for Preview Skill is a gamechanger. Mr Gaz, are you listening?

I still haven't looked at everybody's costume skills but have learned as I play the chars in Timeline and what not. I remember when maybe 1 month or two ago they only had like, 5 costumes for sale. Now they're all for sale and more come out constantly. It feels good and it seems like the game is thriving.

Oh, I haven't said this yet, but if you're huge Marvel fans like a lot of us, pick up Marvel Heroes again if you haven't. Game is pretty deep now and has a huge rebrand update coming January. Many of us posters here play that game along with this one and know each other after years of playing there. Game used to suck, it doesn't anymore.

Run both games together. Farm up in MH, farm up in FF. A winner's lament.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Oh, I haven't said this yet, but if you're huge Marvel fans like a lot of us, pick up Marvel Heroes again if you haven't. Game is pretty deep now and has a huge rebrand update coming January. Many of us posters here play that game along with this one and know each other after years of playing there. Game used to suck, it doesn't anymore.

Run both games together. Farm up in MH, farm up in FF. A winner's lament.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

drat you doc. drat you to heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How is agent collision? His 4 star skill is a illusion but gently caress me. I can't pull a non 4 star blaster

I may or may not now have a 4 star doc ock, 3 star star lord, 4 star agent collision and had Modok bumped up to 4 star
May or may not

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 9, 2015

• Locked thread