Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

ropesnake posted:

Can anyone confirm if they fixed Leadership giving everyong a -10% reload?

People use Leadership? Why, you don't know the area of affect and at only 10% no one really notices it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Maybe it's ok for classes to overlap in what they do because it's a pve game. I don't think anyone should care as long as people play what they like. :unsmith:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

ClonedPickle posted:

Critical, high-priority issues currently present in Killing Floor 2:

1) Holding the reload key with fully-loaded revolvers does not indefinitely spin the revolvers
2) There is no third-person animation for spinning revolvers
3) did you even playtest this??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This is the worst thing and needs fixing pronto.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

QwertySanchez posted:

This is the worst thing and needs fixing pronto.

I kept wondering why my friend couldn't see me Ocelotting like an idiot :(. Why TWI, why?

ropesnake
Oct 22, 2008

FaustianQ posted:

People use Leadership? Why, you don't know the area of affect and at only 10% no one really notices it.

Because it was literally broken before and I would like to know if it isn't broken now.

Why would I use it before if it was broken?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

ropesnake posted:

Because it was literally broken before and I would like to know if it isn't broken now.

Why would I use it before if it was broken?

If you read my post I wasn't directing it at you, but rather why would anyone use it even if it did work, considering the limitations and effectiveness of it.

ropesnake
Oct 22, 2008

FaustianQ posted:

If you read my post I wasn't directing it at you, but rather why would anyone use it even if it did work, considering the limitations and effectiveness of it.

I responded to you because you quoted my post you loving ape.

The other perk - Callout is useless at level 25 anyway because you no longer gain EXP.

And maybe instead of backtracking you know you could like actually answer the question which you still have no answer for.

ropesnake fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 8, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

ropesnake posted:

The other perk - Callout is useless at level 25 anyway because you no longer gain EXP.

The main function of Callout isn't for your direct benefit.

Also Leadership is still borked.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

ropesnake posted:

And maybe instead of backtracking you know you could like actually answer the question which you still have no answer for.

Me quoting you had nothing to do with whether or not it was broken but why/how it's useful at all conceptually, which is a general question and not a specific critique of you that you need to get defensive about. Sorry you brought up a topic I might be curios about.

ropesnake
Oct 22, 2008

Theta Zero posted:

The main function of Callout isn't for your direct benefit.

Also Leadership is still borked.

I feel like callout is useless anyway regardless since at 25 you can snipe the stalkers so easily anyway keeping them off your team. Also thanks for the answer.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Theta Zero posted:

I wanted to see if there was a limit to how many c4 the game would let me put down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYtqBFa_2no

There isn't one.

:q:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

ropesnake posted:

I feel like callout is useless anyway regardless since at 25 you can snipe the stalkers so easily anyway keeping them off your team. Also thanks for the answer.

Do people really have a problem even seeing the invisible stalkers? I mean they're kinda shiny, on dark maps it's really easy to spot. And every map in KF2 becomes a dark map eventually. Or is the shininess my videocard making GBS threads the bed? I could always spot the invisible stalkers in the first game too. :ohdear:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Speaking of Callout, is it just my game, or does it seem like it can't decide if it should show stalkers or not?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

QwertySanchez posted:

Do people really have a problem even seeing the invisible stalkers? I mean they're kinda shiny, on dark maps it's really easy to spot. And every map in KF2 becomes a dark map eventually. Or is the shininess my videocard making GBS threads the bed? I could always spot the invisible stalkers in the first game too. :ohdear:

They're super obvious now with the new shimmer effect, but even before that they weren't too hard to spot. Outpost used to be the worst for Stalker-spotting because of all the light/white.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Seriously, we have two devs in the thread so we should be able to escalate not being able to :ocelot: into the next build pretty quickly. Or at least a cosmetic thing.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
The gunslinger is a lot of fun. Patriarch is a lot of fun. This new patch is a lot of fun.

Other people can't see me twirl guns though: 0/10.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Black Forest is really growing on me as a map. It's different, and it's difficult. Plus the way night slowly falls as the waves go on is neat.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I'm not sure I like Quick Draw. I always end up going through my ammo and then reloading my weakest pistol. It needs to return you to the gun you started with. Reloading everything afterwards is pain too. I'm not sure I can be bothered anymore without some kind of reload all button.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Quick Draw is one of those things where you have to get used to it or don't bother, and man I found it hard to get used to. Also I would personally prefer it move up the guns in terms of damage instead of start at highest and move down (i.e. right now if I empty my 1911s it switches to my 500s, when I empty those it switches to deagles. I'd rather it go 1911 > Deagle > 500s)

It's really good when you have to focus down a scrake or pound or something though. Just flat out murder it with six guns worth of firepower. :ocelot:

the other one offering greater mobility while sighted and faster switching is a good alternative if Quick Draw just isn't working out for you. I didn't think I would care much about greater movespeed while sighted in but it's actually really good.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Thinking about it, Quick Draw should be toggleable. It annoys me 90% of the time but it can be useful.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Away all Goats posted:

Aim at their legs/feet :ssh:

I do man. Hence that poo poo's broke.
Fix HX25 pls.

on the plus side the HX25 is twirl-able. So good job Tripwire Interactive!

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Professor Cthulhu posted:

The gunslinger is a lot of fun. Patriarch is a lot of fun. This new patch is a lot of fun.

Other people can't see me twirl guns though: 0/10.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Require More Fire posted:

Black Forest is really growing on me as a map. It's different, and it's difficult. Plus the way night slowly falls as the waves go on is neat.

It's a loving amazing map, I felt like I was in a predator movie on solo against the pat.

Also, since there's devs in here, I have a couple of things I wanna ask about : When you're at the trader thing and you can fave weapons etc. Could we get a thing in the options menu or somewhere so we can sort out our fave weapons etc when we're not in game? I like to organise and fiddle with stuff like this and it sucks that the only time I can organise is during the few seconds between waves that should really be spent making sure I've got more ammo and stuff.

Also: are we gonna get a listen server option? With mutators? Mutators are the best.

I'm not sure about quick draw or the other perk. I don't bother with iron sights, they don't make it any easier for me to hit heads. And Quick Draw makes for a pretty sweet few seconds of unloading each gun you've got and then leaving you on your last guns, so instead of just reloading the one set of guns you were using, you have to reload all of them. Unless you forget, and suddenly you're walking up to a scrake to headshot it with two empty magnums oh poo poo. So neither perk really compliments my playstyle. Does the switch speed at least count for when you manually switch or is it only when you run out and auto switch?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Can we get more super loving lame fire puns in the game? It is a simple request, I just want cheesy lovely lines to complete my firebug experience.

ropesnake
Oct 22, 2008

QwertySanchez posted:

When there's a lot of chaos going around they can be a bit annoying. At least it's that way for me if I'm playing any other non-commando perk.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I only have problems with stalkers as a gunslinger, which is weird but there you go

every other class, light em up and who cares. Gunslinger they always kick me in the face and I'm like where did you come from?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Psion posted:

I only have problems with stalkers as a gunslinger, which is weird but there you go

every other class, light em up and who cares. Gunslinger they always kick me in the face and I'm like where did you come from?

Clearly, as the enemy constantly pilling sick flips, they are jealous of your revolver spin and make it a point to gently caress with you.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
A new hotfix is out, patch notes:

StuntLionRooster posted:

Sound
Changed 1911 sound
Fixed some 3rd person gun sounds not playing correctly

Map
Fixed tire swing pathing in Farmhouse
Fixed a bug allowing players to get out of the playable area in Farmhouse
Fixed footstep sounds in black forest and farmhouse

Stability
Fixed client crash while playing Farmhouse
Fixed client crash when using the automatic matchmaking
Fixed client crash when playing with Nvidia card while amd drivers are installed

Trading Floor
Fixed AAR reporting wrong dropped items or items when none were dropped
Back end fix for getting weapon skins with the wrong condition when buying on the market

UI
Fixed gunslinger Rack ‘em up UI stuck on screen when changing perks
Fixed content download message displaying incorrect information when downloading custom maps

Bugs
Fixed vote kick issues when changing vote kick percentage in webadmin
Fixed Remington 1858 dropped pickup mesh showing as a 9mm
Fixed penetration damage falloff not applying on gunslinger weapons
Fixed losing both 9mm when picking up a second one as a world pickup
Fixed commando perks adding bonuses to non-commando weapons
Fixed maximum ammo count glitch with gunslinger weapons

Known issues
Nvidia Flex is limited to LOW setting until we can resolve Flex related crashes.
Popping geometry in evacuation point
Default grass texture in Burning Paris
Damage falloff for range affecting some weapons that should not have damage falloff

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
double post

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
So, no more clearing an entire corridor with two deagle bodyshots I guess?

e: also that's probably why I suddenly couldn't find any servers huh

Martout fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 8, 2015

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Those patch notes don't look complete, where's the bit about twirling?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Those patch notes don't look complete, where's the bit about twirling?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Bug report:

The fill grenades button doesn't work when you don't have the full 200 cash; it takes away the money but doesn't give you grenades, and as soon as you back out of the trader you get your money back.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Tripwire posted:

Fixed commando perks adding bonuses to non-commando weapons

This is really dumb BTW and was fine the way it was.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Each headshot with akimbo pistols now gives 2 Rack 'Em Up points and each miss removes 2. Probably a bug since it's undocumented and single pistols still only give and take 1 point per shot.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Bloodmobile posted:

Each headshot with akimbo pistols now gives 2 Rack 'Em Up points and each miss removes 2. Probably a bug since it's undocumented and single pistols still only give and take 1 point per shot.

Laughed out loud at this. It's a stupid thing to miss.

We're working on another patch to address some of the bugs still outstanding from the one that went out today so thanks for looking out.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

moot the hopple posted:

Bug report:

The fill grenades button doesn't work when you don't have the full 200 cash; it takes away the money but doesn't give you grenades, and as soon as you back out of the trader you get your money back.

Okay whew, I thought this is what happened to me last night but I wasn't sure. Weird bug.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I am still crashing on Farmhouse.
I haven't been able to finish that map once. :(

If it helps I always crash near or in the Barn.? Usually by the big barn doors.

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 8, 2015

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Questioner86 posted:

Laughed out loud at this. It's a stupid thing to miss.

We're working on another patch to address some of the bugs still outstanding from the one that went out today so thanks for looking out.

It's exactly the kind of bug that's really easy to understand showing up. You just introduced a ton of dual wield weapons - there's bound to be bugs with dual wield weapons interacting with various systems. I doubt anybody gets mad when something like that slips through - especially in early access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

She Bangs the Drums posted:

I am still crashing on Farmhouse.
I haven't been able to finish that map once. :(

If it helps I always crash near or in the Barn.? Usually by the big barn doors.

I'm pulling my hair out on this one since it appears the fix worked for some people but not others. Did it generate a bugsplat crash report or did it just give you "KFGame has stopped working" and drop out to desktop? The former generates lots of useful logs and dumps. The later does gently caress all.