Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

I almost always carry one of the Thunderbow or the Idunn series of weapons due to their abilities to pass through enemies and travel along surfaces and around corners while stunning the crap out of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm actually kinda disappointed that PCSX2 runs EDF2 really, really well. Better than hardware well. No slow mo when poo poo gets nuts well.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Last time I tried emulating EDF2 I found a compatability guide that listed the game as running really poorly, with an awful unstable framerate.

I always wondered if the guy had any prior experience with the game, because it sounded like a flawless emulation to me.

I might have to give it a try again now that PS2 emulation has improved. I recall reading at the time that Frame rate slowdown was hard-coded into PS2 games, and therefore completely unavoidable. Seems like that either wasn't true or they've worked a way around it.

Also Wing diver advice: Always Thunder sniper, never Laser Sniper. The laser weapons are pretty lacklustre in general: high cost, low damage.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I had lots of problems when I tried to run it at higher resolutions, though. has that changed? Like there was a huge blurry offset ghost image of the character taking up lots of the screen.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm running the PAL version at 2x native and it looks fine. Load screens look like poo poo on 3x but otherwise it plays fine.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Dec 8, 2015

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
What time does the PSN store update? I'm ready to get my EDF! EDF! EDF! on.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Levantine posted:

What time does the PSN store update? I'm ready to get my EDF! EDF! EDF! on.

PSN operates on a very rigorous 'when they feel like it' schedule. Sometime between like 7 hours from this post, and January.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
What's a good site that'll email out NA psn money codes?

Isn't EDF2 portable also out today?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

PSN operates on a very rigorous 'when they feel like it' schedule. Sometime between like 7 hours from this post, and January.
It's generally around 12PM PST though. When they feel like it though.

Mr Phillby posted:

What's a good site that'll email out NA psn money codes?

Isn't EDF2 portable also out today?
I use Amazon frequently for that, but it may be more problematic if you're not in the US.

Both of the new EDF releases are out today.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Play-Asia also sells PSN cards but I prefer using credit card directly during purchase.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I found out today you can't make a PSN Community unless you actually own the game for it in question. :(

C'mon UPS, please arrive early.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Is it on psn yet

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Saint Freak posted:

It's in the steam database leaks so it probably will be.

Oh god, is there a source on this? You might make me the happiest person ever because I have no budget for a PS4 and it's torn an EDF-shaped hole in my heart.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Kanos posted:

Oh god, is there a source on this? You might make me the happiest person ever because I have no budget for a PS4 and it's torn an EDF-shaped hole in my heart.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151748

I'm in the same boat. Can't wait.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The true EDF experience: tossing a grenade to clear an obstacle only for it to arc into a tree halfway there and kill you twice over.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I would totally buy this game again if it came onto steam.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lets hang out posted:

Is it on psn yet

nah

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I bought a ps4 for this. And I own 2025. Yay!

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

UPS is taking their sweet-rear end time today. If we all perish to the Ravager invasion it's their fault! :argh:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Oh my god. :vince:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Has this been pulled from PSN or is it physical release only? I can't seem to find it on the US store...

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's supposed to be both digital and physical. God I hope it comes out today or else I'm just going to go physical first thing in the morning.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

EDF goons should friend me: OGodKillerBees

Otherwise I'm just going to go into pub games and spam To save our mother earth from any alien attack...

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Has this been pulled from PSN or is it physical release only? I can't seem to find it on the US store...

Marogareh posted:

It's supposed to be both digital and physical. God I hope it comes out today or else I'm just going to go physical first thing in the morning.
XSEED's twitter claims it should be today. Sony's lagging on releasing it I guess.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Section Z posted:

I would totally buy this game again if it came onto steam.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy this game a 4th time and holy poo poo I just might

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I *hate* that they kept the stupid weapon limits on multi. Ugh. Anyways, I have this and am willing to coop or join groups. PSN: Tensai7

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg
So EDF is on the PSN Store under the new add-ons section but it just leads to a blank page. Is it normal for PSN to take this long to release games?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Do the Wing Divers not have their own recorded dialogue for the EDF Fight Songs? That's dumb. :mad:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Deviant posted:

Do the Wing Divers not have their own recorded dialogue for the EDF Fight Songs? That's dumb. :mad:

They didn't in 2025 (there was very little non-ranger dialogue).

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

fritz posted:

They didn't in 2025 (there was very little non-ranger dialogue).

:mad:

I do like how they change voice actors randomly. Although I guess I'll take the fight song off my quick-wheel then.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Blah, the disc was rattling around loose in the case. It seems fine (don't see any scratches), but that's never a good sign. Should be fine though, probably popped lose when the delivery guy just pitched it at our door from 20 feet away. "Oh hey, I hear a truck" *see's package frisbee toss* welp"

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Section Z posted:

Blah, the disc was rattling around loose in the case. It seems fine (don't see any scratches), but that's never a good sign. Should be fine though, probably popped lose when the delivery guy just pitched it at our door from 20 feet away. "Oh hey, I hear a truck" *see's package frisbee toss* welp"

Blu-rays are pretty scratch resistant, soft case plastic isn't gonna do it. Also, your game gets installed to the hard drive completely, so the disc is just auth. Busted cases are still really annoying though.

Hurry the gently caress up Playstation store. Hopefully I can get it installing tonight at least.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

No but they get to complain about not having pants.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Am I reading these posts right in that you can assign EDF sayings and say them whenever you want? Because that is the best feature I've ever heard of.

Also, when it comes to weapon drops in local co-op, is the weapon you select going to be one exclusive to the class the picker-upper is playing, or can it be either class? I usually play Wing Diver with a pal as a Ranger and since Wing Diver mobility is badass I tend to get all the weapon pickups and our rewards end up being mostly Wing Diver weapons. It may just be confirmation bias though.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Am I reading these posts right in that you can assign EDF sayings and say them whenever you want? Because that is the best feature I've ever heard of.
Yes. And if you do it near soldiers, you can get them to say things too. EDF! EDF! EDF!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

gibbed posted:

Yes. And if you do it near soldiers, you can get them to say things too. EDF! EDF! EDF!

If you have enough soldiers following you they will finish a song you start.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Also, when it comes to weapon drops in local co-op, is the weapon you select going to be one exclusive to the class the picker-upper is playing, or can it be either class? I usually play Wing Diver with a pal as a Ranger and since Wing Diver mobility is badass I tend to get all the weapon pickups and our rewards end up being mostly Wing Diver weapons. It may just be confirmation bias though.

Local co-op weapons are for whoever picked them up, online co-op it gives everyone a drop for their class.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

keyboard vomit posted:

Local co-op weapons are for whoever picked them up, online co-op it gives everyone a drop for their class.

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind now that I know I really have been hogging the drops. It sucks to not see anything new for your class considering the sheer number of weapons in this game, so it's good to know why that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
This is my first EDF and I'm having fun, if anyone wants to join me my username is wordyrappinghood

I might make a room IDK yet!