Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Hasn't Taz buried TNA after they parted ways?

Yeah he's ripped them a few times on twitter since leaving if memory serves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Yeah he's ripped them a few times on twitter since leaving if memory serves

Which was kind of surprising to me cause he'd always come off as one of those eric young or abyss types who are primo kool-aid drinkers when he was with them. Wasn't he still pretty defensive of them for a while after he left?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Aesop Poprock posted:

Which was kind of surprising to me cause he'd always come off as one of those eric young or abyss types who are primo kool-aid drinkers when he was with them. Wasn't he still pretty defensive of them for a while after he left?

Everyone's defensive until the checks stop clearing.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's TNA though, it's doubtful the checks ever cleared.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Lady Naga posted:

It's TNA though, it's doubtful the checks ever cleared.

Something Taz should be accustomed to.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
wrong thread.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Eric Young and Abyss are pro-TNA because they know that no other promotion will take them if/when TNA dies

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Abyss has got to be one of the dumbest wrestlers ever. At least Eric Young has the excuse of WWE never making him an offer. Abyss could have gone to WWE and made more money and NOT ended up totally destroying his body in stupid hardcore matches. He openly admitted he turned down an offer to join WWE and get a big push towards a match with Taker at Mania. Now, he could be making that Taker part up but that's just more "Abyss is an idiot" evidence because why would you make up a story that makes you look like a complete moron?

goc fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 9, 2015

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Probably lots of people have gotten hired by WWE with talk of getting a big push to a huge match at Mania and then ~*plans change*~

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

St Evan Echoes posted:

Probably lots of people have gotten hired by WWE with talk of getting a big push to a huge match at Mania and then ~*plans change*~

But enough about Kevin Thorn

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

But enough about Kevin Thorn

And Hade Vansen.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

goc posted:

Abyss has got to be one of the dumbest wrestlers ever. At least Eric Young has the excuse of WWE never making him an offer. Abyss could have gone to WWE and made more money and NOT ended up totally destroying his body in stupid hardcore matches. He openly admitted he turned down an offer to join WWE and get a big push towards a match with Taker at Mania. Now, he could be making that Taker part up but that's just more "Abyss is an idiot" evidence because why would you make up a story that makes you look like a complete moron?

He truly is TNA's Hulk Hogan.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

goc posted:

There is no way that push would have actually happened. Plus WWE creative would have botched something as simple as Abyss, making him look like a tool.

In terms of money, Abyss is probably ahead. He'd get maybe 3 WM pay days before Vince forgets he existed.

He's still a dummy and TNA is bad, however.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You say that like TNA wouldn't take him back ASAP and probably give him more money and a bigger push for being a former WWE Superstar.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

coconono posted:

In terms of money, Abyss is probably ahead. He'd get maybe 3 WM pay days before Vince forgets he existed.

you say that like 1 mania payday isnt totally better than what he was making with tna

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

you say that like 1 mania payday isnt totally better than what he was making with tna

Yeah but one unemployment check is probably better than what anyone makes in TNA

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AkumaHokoru posted:

I really want to see a wcw-style pay leak to see what homegrown stars were making vs all the wwe/wcw/ecw imports cause my guess for abyss is like $30k a year

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I also told my boss a lie about WWE wanting to sign me to fight the Undertaker as a way to leverage more money but it was unsuccessful because the Dollar General I worked at was staffed by competent management

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

My understanding is that the Undertaker offer was true but Tommy Dreamer(?) or whoever in talent relations was in no position to guarantee that kind of thing.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

I really want to see a wcw-style pay leak to see what homegrown stars were making vs all the wwe/wcw/ecw imports cause my guess for abyss is like $30k a year

I might not be remembering right, but I remember Kong going off about that when she left. Basically when Hogan & Bischoff came in, all their boys got really good money while most of the roster that had been there forever were making less then 100K or 50K. It was one of the reasons morale plummeted at that time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

My understanding is that the Undertaker offer was true but Tommy Dreamer(?) or whoever in talent relations was in no position to guarantee that kind of thing.

There was no way to guarantee that kind of thing anyway. He could have bombed like Mordecai, who was also ultimately meant to do a Taker Mania match

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

There was no way to guarantee that kind of thing anyway. He could have bombed like Mordecai, who was also ultimately meant to do a Taker Mania match

Even if he didn't get a match with Taker at Mania, he would have been getting paid more money and NOT falling on thumbtacks. And he could have gone back to TNA and got paid more money for having been seen on WWE TV.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bumping on thumbtacks once a month over three days of taping is approximately 500 times better for you than running down the road doing four dates a week for 11 months

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

epitasis posted:

bumping on thumbtacks once a month over three days of taping is approximately 500 times better for you than running down the road doing four dates a week for 11 months

and RVD was going to kick out those teeth anyway, didn't matter what promotion it was in.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

The question I always ask there is "And then what?" Mordecai or Abyss, regardless of how good or how over they were, weren't going to beat the streak anyway. So they'd literally be characters who debuted with the sole purpose of losing to Taker. What do you do after that, especially in an already crowded mid 00s WWE?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

The question I always ask there is "And then what?" Mordecai or Abyss, regardless of how good or how over they were, weren't going to beat the streak anyway. So they'd literally be characters who debuted with the sole purpose of losing to Taker. What do you do after that, especially in an already crowded mid 00s WWE?

They would be what Bray is now

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Chris James 2 posted:

They would be what Bray is now

Abyss would be pretty entertaining as a 320 pound millstone unfairly slung around Luke Harper's large muscular neck.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
That chiseled Adonis, Luke Harper

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DynamiteKidd posted:

That chiseled Adonis, Luke Harper

It is against the rules to doubt the power of Luke Harper, or to speak against him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If he were coming in now he might be a competent Leatherface to their Sawyer family. A drat sight better than Stroman, at least.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This happened on Mecca during Impact last night. Imagine the Sophie's Choice of having to pick between watching Impact (and posting on the internet about it) or dealing with your unresponsive mother.

quote:

Bloodreign2: Electric Boogaloo 15 minutes ago
Gonna have to cut the chat short for myself, my mom is sleeping, and unresponsive. We can't wake her up.

Bloodreign2: Electric Boogaloo • 8 minutes ago
Just waiting on the ambulance to arrive to bring her to the hospital. Something tells me coma might be the culprit.

Bloodreign2: Electric Boogaloo • 7 minutes ago
Scare over, the medics got her up, said she didn't hear anything and was out like a rock.

gently caress man, she's my last parent left, even if we don't get along.

thecountofincognito • 6 minutes ago
drat. Take care, brutha. I hope this turns out okay.

Bloodreign2: Electric Boogaloo o • 3 minutes ago
Thankfully it did, she scared the gently caress out of us with a weird breathing pattern. Medics got here, they somehow revived her without equipment. They want to bring her to the hospital, her stubborn rear end doesn't want to go.

Bloodreign2: Electric Boogaloo • 2 minutes ago
She's a stubborn old rear end though, refusing hospital treatment. She will ride with my brother there instead

Bloodreign2: Electric Boogaloo • a minute ago
I'll stay home and watch the house, and finish Impact with phone by my side. Torn about the main event though.

Davey Richards vs EC3 is what he's torn about.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

This happened on Mecca during Impact last night. Imagine the Sophie's Choice of having to pick between watching Impact (and posting on the internet about it) or dealing with your unresponsive mother.

Davey Richards vs EC3 is what he's torn about.

that's goddamn amazing.

It was a somewhat decent match though (by TNA standards, anyway). Davey had some pretty good spots, but there were a lot of rest holds.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

that's goddamn amazing.

It was a somewhat decent match though (by TNA standards, anyway). Davey had some pretty good spots, but there were a lot of rest holds.

It was a pretty good match, but not 'step over my dead mother to get to the TV' good.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I've had some of the best experiences & memories of my life from your product. I am forever grateful for it. I've not ashamed I've been brought to tears while watching your product because I was EMOTIONALLY INVESTED in it. Your product has been an escape for me, where during your live shows, nothing outside of those arena walls matter. If I'm going through a rough patch in my life, I know that WWE can help me to forget that, even if it is just for three hours. I don't regret a any of the money I have spent on your product (and I have spent MANY dollars), because I have always supported your product. When you enjoy or love something, you support it. I have even gone as far to have done NUMEROUS unpaid media opportunities in support of YOUR company. I can safely say I have spent five figure sums of money on your product. I have defended your company and the stigma attached to it my entire life. I'm just one singular person, meaningless in the grand eyes of your company, but I'm surely not the only one who can vouch for all these things. That's how much I want to believe in your company.

That's how much WE want to believe in your company.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

I have even gone as far to have done NUMEROUS unpaid media opportunities in support of YOUR company.

so many questions

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
GreenLanternFan revealed?!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

so many questions

http://nodq.com/wwe/451714046.shtml

The ignorance of who your fan-base is, is alarming. The blatant mishandling of popular talent is frightening. The ineptitude to put together three hours of exciting programming is disappointing. I get it. It's an extremely tough gig to produce as much content as you do on a weekly basis, but as your FLAGSHIP show, you should be putting more of an emphasis on what your viewer wants, rather than what YOU want. I'm sure you've written off the TV ratings dip with some sort of excuse. "It's football season." Well, for your information, it's just that, it's an excuse. I was one of those people who decided not to watch the show. It was the first time I willingly did not watch your show in my life as a fan of your product. The following week, I DVRed your flagship show. I began to watch, and turned it off halfway through because it was more a chore to watch than anything. There was nothing for me to emotionally invest in. Nothing that captivated me. Nothing that made me want to see what happens next. I had an opportunity to go see your next pay-per-view, TLC, and I respectfully turned it down because honestly, I just don't care about it currently and and it saddens me to say that because I know how unbelievably amped I used to get for your live events. Didn't matter what city, what show, or who was performing, I knew I was getting the best bang for my buck.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I've had some of the best experiences & memories of my life from your product. I am forever grateful for it. I've not ashamed I've been brought to tears while watching your product because I was EMOTIONALLY INVESTED in it. Your product has been an escape for me, where during your live shows, nothing outside of those arena walls matter. If I'm going through a rough patch in my life, I know that WWE can help me to forget that, even if it is just for three hours. I don't regret a any of the money I have spent on your product (and I have spent MANY dollars), because I have always supported your product. When you enjoy or love something, you support it. I have even gone as far to have done NUMEROUS unpaid media opportunities in support of YOUR company. I can safely say I have spent five figure sums of money on your product. I have defended your company and the stigma attached to it my entire life. I'm just one singular person, meaningless in the grand eyes of your company, but I'm surely not the only one who can vouch for all these things. That's how much I want to believe in your company.

That's how much WE want to believe in your company.
Please don't doxx Foochs, he's a good guy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

http://nodq.com/wwe/451714046.shtml

The ignorance of who your fan-base is, is alarming. The blatant mishandling of popular talent is frightening. The ineptitude to put together three hours of exciting programming is disappointing. I get it. It's an extremely tough gig to produce as much content as you do on a weekly basis, but as your FLAGSHIP show, you should be putting more of an emphasis on what your viewer wants, rather than what YOU want. I'm sure you've written off the TV ratings dip with some sort of excuse. "It's football season." Well, for your information, it's just that, it's an excuse. I was one of those people who decided not to watch the show. It was the first time I willingly did not watch your show in my life as a fan of your product. The following week, I DVRed your flagship show. I began to watch, and turned it off halfway through because it was more a chore to watch than anything. There was nothing for me to emotionally invest in. Nothing that captivated me. Nothing that made me want to see what happens next. I had an opportunity to go see your next pay-per-view, TLC, and I respectfully turned it down because honestly, I just don't care about it currently and and it saddens me to say that because I know how unbelievably amped I used to get for your live events. Didn't matter what city, what show, or who was performing, I knew I was getting the best bang for my buck.

Part of me was so hoping that this was for some shithead indie like TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hate that clown. He is a bad clown. He doesn't even take a decent pie in the face.