Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

I feel like Opie was a passably funny guy back when they were doing shock jocky stuff and going to war with other radio shows. It's a shame he couldn't just chill out and consign himself to playing second fiddle (third fiddle?) when the show changed. Then again, Ant was going to get himself fired for his racism eventually.

Why do you feel like he was passably funny? He essentially never made jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
There was also the time when Danny and Sam told Bobo to bring food for the guys and he brought like a whole roast chicken. Unfortunately that was also the day Kenny interrogated him and he got "Arrested" for being the fugitive and the chicken got tossed.

Pretty sure even Ant and Jimmy were bothered that Sam made Bobo spend all that money for no reason. There a few times the show staff went too far with a Bobo bit and either Ant or Jimmy jumped on them for it.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST

TL posted:

What was going on when that was said? I remember Bobo was on the bus, on the way to do something, they were egging him on, then Jimmy realized they were about to get him killed and themselves fired and they put a stop to it. I just don't remember what Bobo was trying to do.

I think this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhzkSFjTmpk

It was about hassling hispanic people.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

OldTennisCourt posted:

There was also the time when Danny and Sam told Bobo to bring food for the guys and he brought like a whole roast chicken. Unfortunately that was also the day Kenny interrogated him and he got "Arrested" for being the fugitive and the chicken got tossed.

Pretty sure even Ant and Jimmy were bothered that Sam made Bobo spend all that money for no reason. There a few times the show staff went too far with a Bobo bit and either Ant or Jimmy jumped on them for it.

It seems like a lot of the bits about loving with Bobo on air started as Danny and Travis just loving with him for the sake of outsmarting a retard.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Keg posted:

It seems like a lot of the bits about loving with Bobo on air started as Danny and Travis just loving with him for the sake of outsmarting a retard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_LGqkTlQ9s

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Haha, I forgot that they had Bobo "arrested" and kept saying that the officers were waiting for him in the lobby and he got all dejected to the point of tears and said something like "Well, if I'll be gone for Thanksgiving maybe I'll make it home for Christmas" and Jim caved in and felt terrible. That was hilarious

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I heard people on the show talking about how Opie has the quality of being willing to be absolutely cruel and brutal for a prank, but it seems like he was always the first one to tap out on stuff like this.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Keg posted:

I heard people on the show talking about how Opie has the quality of being willing to be absolutely cruel and brutal for a prank, but it seems like he was always the first one to tap out on stuff like this.

A good example might be the Cinnamon Challenge with E-Rock where Jim and Ant went from laughing to concerned about E-Rock when he seemed to be choking while Opie giggled and laughed like a maniac.

Also in that Bobo arrest thing, Jimmy wanted them to tell Bobo that he was fine by the time he was leaving while Opie kept on about wanted him to be fake arrested by people in uniform.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Mmmmmf... I'll have the tossed salad...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
The line that's sticking in my head is him going "I'd do you...!", but I can't remember when he said it.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

How Much Art posted:

Mmmmmf... I'll have the tossed salad...

there's something about the resignation in his voice when he says this line that's just too loving funny

the bit of bobo at the dmv where ant just makes him say the worst poo poo possible is hilarious too

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Keg posted:

Opie tapping out on cruel stuff started around the same time he started prefacing statements with "as a father".

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8BICLBUFqI
opie the destroyer was fun, but it wasnt sustainable and he calmed down after having a kid, yeah.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q02v2TblBAM

opie kicking a dog in the lungs was good too. this stuff from the morning zoo era. he used to be a part of the show.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
he kicked Chester in the liver, not lungs.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Hey, I got the first letter right.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Another one: after his heart was broken by the "Canadian" girl from Twitter
"Bobo, do you got anything you can do to cheer yourself up tonight"
"Mmmf.... I dunno, I'll probably just have alot of barbecue"

You can't write genius exchanges like that.

Dookberg
Oct 14, 2003

How Much Art posted:

Another one: after his heart was broken by the "Canadian" girl from Twitter

"Bobo, I can't imagine the horror that's about to be visited upon you."

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Dookberg posted:

"Bobo, I can't imagine the horror that's about to be visited upon you."

And then after she left, Colin says one of my favorite things ever:
"I thought these guys would stoop to something like a transvestite. I never thought they'd stoop to an emotional connection... that would shatter your Friday, but that's just what they did...... (long studio silence)..... This was the most brutal thing I've ever seen in my loving life"

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Opie tapped out on having the Aussie girl pretending to be Canadian, even though it seems like he was the one arranging the bit on the fly.

However, Opie was the one that tried to corner Bobo into admitting he was retarded after he got hoodwinked going to the Bob Levy show.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

An Enormous Boner posted:

Why do you feel like he was passably funny? He essentially never made jokes.

I got a few laughs out of Opie when he was in a good mood and understood the conversation that was happening. I guess it wasn't that often, but he wasn't hateable.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
poo poo. I missed all the drama last week. Is it too late to post this again?

I'll leave it up to you all to decide which one is Jimmy and which one is The MorningZoo McTits.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Apoplexy posted:

I'll loving never get sick of that. I love that everyone else picks up on it and play it back a few more times, too. Though linking that compilation just makes me waste 4 hours listening to the whole thing over again. God was Lady Di a trainwreck then, and somehow got worse. Has she called in since getting dementia, and does anyone have a link to that call?

"The father is a water buffaler."

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How Much Art posted:

"I thought these guys would stoop to something like a transvestite. I never thought they'd stoop to an emotional connection... that would shatter your Friday, but that's just what they did...... (long studio silence)..... This was the most brutal thing I've ever seen in my loving life"

"This.. demonic ritual."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

How Much Art posted:

Puts the whole 'Lady Di should be an intern' into perspective.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siUIdzLIDEI

I absolutely love that Bobo has a "don't you know who I am" attitude about being a weirdo with a hosed up cock.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I think he was also carrying a tupperware container of his jizz on the bus that day.

Keg fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 9, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

The absolute dead silence while Bobo tries to warble out "The Touch" is amazing. You can tell this was around the point the guys started to turn on him and when Bobo somehow managed to get an ego over everything.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

YOU'RE A WIHDER! :buddy:

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I'm still sad to this day that Colin's other brilliant idea was never executed. He suggested that they give Bobo some of their own money and see how he does day trading. The idea of Bobo sitting in a corner of the studio with a green visor on, losing their money, is magical.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

How Much Art posted:

I'm still sad to this day that Colin's other brilliant idea was never executed. He suggested that they give Bobo some of their own money and see how he does day trading. The idea of Bobo sitting in a corner of the studio with a green visor on, losing their money, is magical.

Or he's some sort of lucky savant and makes them billionaires.

FUR DA SHOOOOOOOOW

Also the horrifying time the made E-Rock look at his rear end, how didn't that poor gently caress quit on the spot.

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
re-listening to the twitter - bobo heartbreak I gotta think that without Opie stuff like that would have never happened.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q02v2TblBAM

opie kicking a dog in the lungs was good too. this stuff from the morning zoo era. he used to be a part of the show.

There was also when he demanded that a wig be ripped off stalker patti's head, leaving her crying pathetically on the streets of new york (she had previously shaved her head for a bit)

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.facebook.com/pattonoswalt/posts/10153454881752655

Patton Oswalt had something to say about Opie.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

FarmerHank posted:

re-listening to the twitter - bobo heartbreak I gotta think that without Opie stuff like that would have never happened.
I really wonder how close Kelly was to the studio, they got her in so fast. I want a show where they just explain how that all worked out, because I'm pretty sure they decided to do this when Bobo was already in studio.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Why haven't cop supporters FIGURED IT OUT yet?!

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I feel stupid even typing "99% of cops are good" because it's the most over expressed non-point possible. Come on Big PO.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Did Opie really say that? Because that sounds out of character for him.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
i'm thinking someone posted this on Gregg Huge's facebook and he parroted it on air http://i.imgur.com/IzcD1kr.jpg

imagine if he broke during it and just robotically said "LAURA C KEELING"

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Does this mean anti-Muslim rallies are ok as long as we call it "infidels lives matter" or something to that effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Oh boy...

• Locked thread