Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'd just like to say I also didn't find anything wrong with Matt being more vocal on the podcast, it was a good, entertaining episode this week (as it is just about every week). Also I just assumed that because there were so many events talked about that Matt was directly a part of this week (TGA, Hotel Explodorama, Max, etc.), that was why he was more vocal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Commissar Ken posted:

Well as a counter to those 'OTHER PEOPLE' I thought it was all pretty good. Had me laughing at work and to be honest if you hadn't had mentioned it I would have never noticed you were drinking. You were just there and participating and that's always cool beans and Plague was a thing and it was a fun podcast. I don't think anyone is saying "YO MATT GET BLITZED EVERYTIME!" because i'd imagine that'd start to feel like the crowd going "DANCE MONKEY! DANCE!" after awhile which would almost certainly kill ANY interest you had in the podcast.

I'm actually super curious what kinda thing would you specifically wanna do that'd be more you, not necessarily to replace the podcast but to give you an outlet? Also is there anything stopping you from doing that thing you wanna do other than being buried in all the other work you do for the channel?

I really, really enjoyed the way the sleepy cabin podcast was done, there was no real subjects, we just were off to the races, it felt so natural and fun, and the time flew by.

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah I'd just like to say I also didn't find anything wrong with Matt being more vocal on the podcast, it was a good, entertaining episode this week (as it is just about every week). Also I just assumed that because there were so many events talked about that Matt was directly a part of this week (TGA, Hotel Explodorama, Max, etc.), that was why he was more vocal.

No, it's not that I was more or less vocal, but I was being really negative on a lot of stuff, and just super loud in specific moments and yelling way more.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

nothing wrong w/ yelling at pat

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin

CJacobs posted:

I now know at least one other person who has read Hajime no Ippo so I'm satisfied. It's really good but I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about it with regards to mangas worth reading.

edit: Wow, it's still going on to this day? That's nuts.

Whenever I I've stuck around a manga for a long time I remind myself Golgo 13 is currently on volume 178.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

I'd prefer to just move on honestly, I feel embarrassed about it enough as it is.

Anyway, if none of you already guessed it, we will be coming to MAGFest in February for the 3rd year in a row! I'm personally really, really excited for this, as MAGFest is literally the con highlight of the year for me, but this year will be the best ever. Planning BIG things for our panel (hopefully more than 6 people come) and we'll try to organize a live let's play of a Sonic game!

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Oh god, when tidus did the thumbs up as he jumped off the ship.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I really, really enjoyed the way the sleepy cabin podcast was done, there was no real subjects, we just were off to the races, it felt so natural and fun, and the time flew by.

I agree, I listen to that group of Melvins too and there's something to be said about letting poo poo just meander about from thing to thing naturally. I take it Woolie isn't open to suggestions about loosening up the structure of the podcast at all? Worse comes to worse i'm pretty sure you know enough internet D-listers that every once in a great while you could call someone up on skype and you two just bullshit for an hour about whatever and print that into an auxiliary to the podcast. Probably don't need the extra stuff with the workload you've already got but anything to make it not feel like a slog might be good.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

TheRealestMatt posted:

we'll try to organize a live let's play of a Sonic game!

Looking forward to the Sonic's Schoolhouse let's play. :sludgepal:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, I missed Ippo discussion before. The ADTRW thread is a bit too negative, but gently caress if the manga didn't get a lot worse when George started treading water with the main characters. It just recently started having better fights - and the last one had a disappointing ending.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I think the last fight I read was itagaki's first non-jobber fight after gaining time powers

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wow that is quite the Scrublords candidate.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ruggington posted:

I think the last fight I read was itagaki's first non-jobber fight after gaining time powers

If I remember my chapters correctly, it gets worse before it gets better.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dias posted:

Oh, I missed Ippo discussion before. The ADTRW thread is a bit too negative, but gently caress if the manga didn't get a lot worse when George started treading water with the main characters. It just recently started having better fights - and the last one had a disappointing ending.

I apologize for contributing to the negative discussion. Ippo is my favorite manga so yeah the way that last fight ending was just over the top bull crap.

Granted Ippo is always been over the top but I think this takes over Woli's over the top bullshit. :v:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dias posted:

If I remember my chapters correctly, it gets worse before it gets better.

it was right after mowgli so I can't imagine that

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Granted Ippo is always been over the top but I think this takes over Woli's over the top bullshit. :v:

give me it in tags because I refuse to believe this

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ruggington posted:

give me it in tags because I refuse to believe this

Ok so regarding the last chapter of the fight in ippo, so spoilers if you don't wanna read the black bar

Taka was on the verge of losing. I mean to the point he couldn't put weight on his foot so his punches were doing nothing to Bison.. So what's his solution? Using his toe to grip the floor and literally using that to gain momentum and throw punches on his toe that somehow doesn't let him lose power on his punches. Hell the illustration is so ridiculous he basically looks like a spinning top throwing multiple punches over and over again.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

lets hang out posted:

get drunk for more podcasts imo

Nah just kick Liam off the podcast

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'd prefer to just move on honestly, I feel embarrassed about it enough as it is.

Anyway, if none of you already guessed it, we will be coming to MAGFest in February for the 3rd year in a row! I'm personally really, really excited for this, as MAGFest is literally the con highlight of the year for me, but this year will be the best ever. Planning BIG things for our panel (hopefully more than 6 people come) and we'll try to organize a live let's play of a Sonic game!

Sad to say that I'll be missing out on this again this year, as MAGFest is a con I've been meaning to try (and it's not super far away). I'll look forward to whatever highlights hit YouTube!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

goldblums eyes posted:

Seconded

TheRealestMatt posted:

Hope you enjoy it. I only got to go once since I worked for the Gaylord, but it was a pretty fun time and it was nice getting to go to your first panel and get a picture with you and Woolie even though you guys were tired as poo poo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

goldblums eyes posted:

This is totally a thing that will happen any day now

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Yesss Toshinden, it's mislabeled as scrublords tho!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Ok so regarding the last chapter of the fight in ippo, so spoilers if you don't wanna read the black bar

Taka was on the verge of losing. I mean to the point he couldn't put weight on his foot so his punches were doing nothing to Bison.. So what's his solution? Using his toe to grip the floor and literally using that to gain momentum and throw punches on his toe that somehow doesn't let him lose power on his punches. Hell the illustration is so ridiculous he basically looks like a spinning top throwing multiple punches over and over again.

this sounds incredible

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

imo Plague should make good on his promise/threat to show up for every podcast because that was a blast

Genetic Toaster fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 9, 2015

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Plagues tumblr creeps me out but he owns. You should have him on more often.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's up there with James Small as the best guests on the Podcast and people you should replace Liam and Woolie with

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
I'm not sure what I lost my poo poo more at during the latest Devil's Third video on Vessel. The bats attacking right after Matt & Liam discussed the likelihood of them showing up, Liam almost killing that guy with a rocket launcher while sliding, or the fact that it took this long for the game to shoehorn in a CoD breach moment.

This playthrough just continues to entertain immensely.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArclightBorealis posted:

I'm not sure what I lost my poo poo more at during the latest Devil's Third video on Vessel. The bats attacking right after Matt & Liam discussed the likelihood of them showing up, Liam almost killing that guy with a rocket launcher while sliding, or the fact that it took this long for the game to shoehorn in a CoD breach moment.

This playthrough just continues to entertain immensely.

This story is amazingly nothing. Like I know we were talking not too long about about Vanquish's nothing story but at least that game has characters

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ruggington posted:

it was right after mowgli so I can't imagine that

Oh, I remember it wrong, that's the lowest point of the series.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I love how fast Woolie turns on Wakka after he finds out he's a looser. :allears:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want to see Matt draw green greens

Edit: I'm not actually being ironic or anything. I legit think that arts good and I'm kinda interested in seeing more.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Pat was the only one that linked F.A.N.G :(

(which means that when the inevitable SFV fisticuffs comes out Pat will have to use him to annoy everyone hopefully)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TheRealestMatt posted:

As I've stated here before, sometimes I feel like the Podcast is just not for me. I don't have a whole lot of interest in talking about a vast majority of things like game politics, sales numbers, and similar minutiae. I don't like being locked in for 3 sometimes 4 hours and just talk about the same type of subjects over and over, week in, and week out. Not to say we haven't had some awesome moments on it, but they come so infrequently. I'm really glad the podcast is as successful as it is, and people enjoy it as much as they do, and that's mostly because Woolie works really hard to make it go. I'm just talking about personal preference, and I'd much rather be playing a game or editing a video and just being a bit more creative than talking about the same type of subjects in an ordered sequence.

Have you ever tried to spice it up with random stuff like a Wheel of News? Just spin a giant wheel to determine what topic is next.

I like the news segment, but I wouldn't mind at all if the "What'cha been playing" segment could be cut out and melded more into the rest of the podcast like the Beastcast. Especially when Pat's up, he's doing the same games over and over again and those can free up a good half-hour.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Tae posted:

I like the news segment, but I wouldn't mind at all if the "What'cha been playing" segment could be cut out and melded more into the rest of the podcast like the Beastcast. Especially when Pat's up, he's doing the same games over and over again and those can free up a good half-hour.

I, on the other hand, feel the exact opposite. You guys' take on whahappa is fine but I'm always way more interested in what you guys occupy yourselves with all week. That's my favorite part of the Bombcast as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I also prefer the Weekly updates from the bombcast, but mostly because the news segment is so non-existent and outside of a couple moments (like Capcom re-re-re-releasing RE1), it's way too dry. But I like the news segment for the friendcast because they bounce off each topic so well and talk off their actual job experience far better than anyone else.

Woolie can cut down on the number of dockets, though. Like, any and all rumor-types.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Tae posted:

(like Capcom re-re-re-releasing RE1)

I still go back and listen to Jeff lose his loving mind at that announcement.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

I feel the need to humbly request EDF4.1 shenanigans. With as much co-op as possible.
Is it a remake of the first one? If so, full LP please and thanks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Like really the first EDF's story is fantastic schlock, my favorite kind. Plus getting the cascade launcher and leveling the entire skyline is awesome

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Pat and I will probably do something with EDF 4.1

But the game is basically just 2025 with a few improvements, so you can expect us just to take a quick look at some of the new missions, and that's about it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Spice up the podcast by turning into a tabletop rpg. Roll to see who speaks next, get ambushed by goblins during letter time, meet a colourful cast of npcs who want to know what you did that week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They did that on the Bombcast and rolled double fives which according to the rules immediately ended the podcast.

So yes this is a great idea