Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Agreed, lifting your pen for every letter is a faster, more efficient way to write

lol as if someone is lifting the pen above the paper like at the end of a signature for each letter, which is what your phrasing evokes. It's not like moving a hand from the keyboard to the mouse.

I forgot cursive since being forced to learn it in 3rd or 4th grade "because you'll need it for later grade levels," and I've never had trouble taking notes in high school nor college.

You don't even need it for the "do not print" part of the SAT, they just want you to write fast and connect some letters to show your "natural" handwriting, so really if you don't normally write in cursive but did for that SAT statement then you were technically misrepresenting yourself. But obviously they don't tell you what it's for and implicitly encourage most students to lie about their handwriting because the College Board is replete with money-grubbing jackasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Agreed, lifting your pen for every letter is a faster, more efficient way to write

lol if you use pens still

*types away on his e-ink display typewriter*

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

It's not "body modification". It's getting stupid loving piercings and tattoos like a stupid loving rear end in a top hat.

Stop trying to come up with a "term" for your idiocy.

lol :cabot:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

are you actually defending cursive?

wow

woooooooooow

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I have developed my own custom cursive font by printing really fast and slapdash.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mad Monk posted:

I'm seeing more and more bikers leave their helmets on. Are they afraid they'll be stolen or something?

They're broadcasting the fact that they bike and are looking for praise and adulation.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
didnt know we had so many hotshot young reporters scribbling down notes in a pad around here

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Mad Monk posted:

I'm seeing more and more bikers leave their helmets on. Are they afraid they'll be stolen or something?

the death camps have low ceilings

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Marta Velasquez posted:

Tattooing and piercing has been done for centuries.

The term "body modification" has been around since at least 1996, coined by a man born in 1941. It was the subtitle of the second edition of his 1987 book.

They may look like assholes, but you're blaming the wrong generation.

Whoever came up with it is a colossal retard rear end in a top hat anyway.

You aren't connecting with ancient cultures or whatever by scribbling garbage on your skin or putting stupid loving holes in yourself. They looked like poo poo and you look like poo poo.

These people were dumb assholes and you are continuing their tradition of being dumb assholes.

Well done, moron.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

look up shorthand if you insist on efficiency at the expense of being a douche

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lol if you still use paper for anything

I digitally wipe my rear end, maybe you should get with the times

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Some weirdly violent reactions against cursive. Its just one of the many ways people write. It's undeniably faster than print but who cares, we all type now.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

adamarama posted:

Some weirdly violent reactions against cursive. Its just one of the many ways people write. It's undeniably faster than print but who cares, we all type now.

I don't think anyone really cares about cursive as a form of writing, but it's stupid as poo poo to be forced to learn it in school nowadays

P.S. cursive is stupid

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Lol at all the angry goons defiantly refusing to write cursive

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

Whoever came up with it is a colossal retard rear end in a top hat anyway.

You aren't connecting with ancient cultures or whatever by scribbling garbage on your skin or putting stupid loving holes in yourself. They looked like poo poo and you look like poo poo.

These people were dumb assholes and you are continuing their tradition of being dumb assholes.

Well done, moron.

dang bro smoke some weed

naem
May 29, 2011

There is a certain class of person who insist on being super edgy and unique during their peak youth from 17-23, usually by all doing exactly the same thing.

"The thing" changes every 5-7 years, with last seasons "thing" mocked mercilessly, and 2-3 season's ago's thingses become "retro" which means current young people start dressing that way/ listening to that music/getting that tattoo etc again only they do it all wrong

NOBODY grows up anymore though so you have 45 year olds and 25 year olds and high school students all trying to outdo each other and it all feeds on itself

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

this thread got really bad, and then it got worwse and then worse until i didnt think it could get worse but now i dont care ive been desensitized and nothing matteers

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

eric posted:

Education costs would be a lot lower if the government didn't back the loans. People could actually go to college for the sake of learning and not be buried in huge amounts of debt.

Wut? It was the millenials that begged to get Big Bank out of student loans and we complied by making direct loans. Make up your minds.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

this is dope

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

naem posted:

There is a certain class of person who insist on being super edgy and unique during their peak youth from 17-23, usually by all doing exactly the same thing.

"The thing" changes every 5-7 years, with last seasons "thing" mocked mercilessly, and 2-3 season's ago's thingses become "retro" which means current young people start dressing that way/ listening to that music/getting that tattoo etc again only they do it all wrong

NOBODY grows up anymore though so you have 45 year olds and 25 year olds and high school students all trying to outdo each other and it all feeds on itself

you live in san francisco and are basically to blame.

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.
.jpg...

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

to be fair cursive is loving stupid

Kill yourself.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

adamarama posted:

Not every single person is a sadsack IT jockey.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Victis posted:

I don't think anyone really cares about cursive as a form of writing, but it's stupid as poo poo to be forced to learn it in school nowadays

P.S. cursive is stupid

The medical profession had to switch to electronic prescriptions because dr.'s wrote like retards and people were dying after their scribbles got misinterpreted

Good riddance

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Lol at all the angry goons defiantly refusing to write cursive
your god complex is meaningless if you prefer cursive over print

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Adult americans write like european children, its embarrassing to witness when it happens.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My daughter prints and cursives better than me. :biotruths:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

helicopter parents desperate to create perfect kids made the millenials.

Sparing the rod spoiled the child.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3lAnv5iRH8

naem
May 29, 2011

Hey look it's my dad circa 1979

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

#NotAllMillennials

Looks like it, here is a different photo

That's a whole lot of effort to look disheveled

Thread redemption

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

ghostter posted:

this thread got really bad, and then it got worwse and then worse until i didnt think it could get worse but now i dont care ive been desensitized and nothing matteers
america is a shithole and the sooner americans accept that the better

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Phoenixan posted:

america is a shithole and the sooner americans accept that the better

Like we started this poo poo.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Efexeye posted:

hey gen x is getting hosed too they are just destroying their livers with alcohol and shutting up about it, like adults

i think i recognize your pig av

is it from an anime? because a millenial recommended i watch this anime with a pig and a sword guy and something perverted happened and i was like yeah, nah

and now i trust neither anime nor millenials

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grand Prize Winner posted:

is it from an anime? because a millenial recommended i watch this anime with a pig and a sword guy and something perverted happened and i was like yeah, nah

and now i trust neither anime nor millenials

I thought it was lion king

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Grand Prize Winner posted:

is it from an anime?

i dont know what it is from, someone made it for me years ago

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I've been playing borderlands two while recovering from my back surgery so I get this. It's really clever and stupid but I get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eddoghetto
Mar 27, 2007
612 Wharf Avenue

nomadologique posted:

first it goes this way, then it goes that way.

i don't know.

And this guy's like "what do you want from me?"

• Locked thread