Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it would be nice to not have to wait till september for a new phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
i miss u steve

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
New TV OS update fixes the apple remote app!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

THC posted:

sounds cool, would buy

same.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
me too, if only because no one makes a phone with a 4" screen that isn't a POS poorphone

also my 5s has long since hit that point in the ios upgrade cycle where basic features no longer function

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

jfc finally

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

it removes it altogether?

that seems pretty extreme, but it's the right choice

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

infernal machines posted:

me too, if only because no one makes a phone with a 4" screen that isn't a POS poorphone

also my 5s has long since hit that point in the ios upgrade cycle where basic features no longer function

heck I have a 6 and my gf a 6s and we'd both switch.

drat thing is too big.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
no seriously, what's with the fake battery case photoshops?

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

no seriously, what's with the fake battery case photoshops?

the joke is that its getting hard to tell the parodies from actual products

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ios 9.2 moves the "done" button in the safari view controller inside apps to the top left, thank god

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my 5s still works great op. your difficulties are likely due to improper handling and care. nothing to do with software updates

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if my 5s hadn't literally exploded i'd still be using it instead of this garbage 6. ugh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

THC posted:

my 5s still works great op. your difficulties are likely due to improper handling and care. nothing to do with software updates

my 5s is in pristine condition with nary so much as a scratch on it. but lol if you think smacking a phone around will break activesync push mail, which has been broken on my exchange account since ios9

also sometimes just doesn't receive calls or check for voicemail until you manually open the dialer. poo poo be hosed yo

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

lmao @ syncing work email to your phone, whether or not its paid for by the company.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

power botton posted:

lmao @ syncing work email to your phone, whether or not its paid for by the company.

well, it's also my company, so i have some interest in getting it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

from a couple pages back but if you use gmail the inbox app has swipe to snooze function

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

look at mr unimportant here

uh i only deal with escalations and manage a team of 3 engineers who handle all low priority cases for me!!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i wonder if they do make a small phone if they'll do a smallphone7 as well

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

zen death robot posted:

as i was saying

:owned:

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

this is in a weird way consistent; it's true to jony's professed opinion that the device should always be 'true to itself' (there's not going to be any battery next to the camera anyway, and if you don't contour it to the shape of the case then it still reminds you that the phone is super pointlessly thin!!!!!)

the light indicating charge being inside the case fits with the goal of not having a shitload of redundant information (you can see the charge in a single place when the case is on or off, as opposed to having 50 different clocks and battery meters)

10/10 amazing design. that it looks exactly like the £5 extended battery kit i had for my galaxy s2 (except more tumourous) is just a happy coincidence

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i feel like it's a response to the proliferation of 3rd party battery cases with poor QC that have a habit of exploding in people's pockets. which are then reported in the news as "exploding iPhones"

so they didn't really care much and just winged the design

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

someone needs to find ives make him stop

these are like, 1st-year-design-student-concept level bad

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

this kills the mouse

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Cook: You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when...

Ives: Is this the test now?

Cook: Yes. You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a...

Ives: What one?

Cook: What?

Ives: What desert?

Cook: Doesn't make any difference what desert... its completely hypothetical.

Ives: But how come I'd be there?

Cook: Maybe you're fed up, maybe you want to be by yourself...who knows. So you look down and see a mouse. It's crawling toward you...

Ives: A mouse. What's that?

Cook: Know what a touchpad is?

Ives: Of course.

Cook: Same thing.

Ives: I never seen a mouse.

Ives: But I understand what you mean.

Cook: You reach down and flip the mouse over on its back, Ives.

Ives: You make up these questions, Mr. Cook, or do they write 'em down for you?

Cook: The mouse lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to charge itself. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping.

Ives: Whatya means, I'm not helping?

Cook: I mean you're not helping! Why is that, Ives?

Cook: They're just questions, Ives. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response.

Cook: Shall we continue?

Cook: Describe in single words. Only the good things that come to your mind. About Steve Jobs.

Ives: Steve Jobs?.. I'll tell you about Steve Jobs.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

oh who cares about that,. its not like the mouse is some stupid razer thing with blue neon lights on that has to recharge every 4 hours. you dont need such total computing continuity that a 15 minute charge per month is going to be a problem

also it warns of low battery like 10 hours before it actually dies

just step away from your computer for a bit. go for a walk

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

apple solution to bad design: you don't actually need to use it, just go for a walk

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

who even uses a magic mouse other than college students in the computer lab because they cant afford a laptop

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

THC posted:

who even uses a magic mouse other than college students in the computer lab because they cant afford a laptop

are computer labs still a thing?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

infernal machines posted:

someone needs to find ives make him stop

these are like, 1st-year-design-student-concept level bad

if you make the mouse work corded while charging then everyone will just use it corded all the time out of laziness instead of cordless as intended. if you want a mouse that works while being powered by a cord buy a corded mouse :colbert:

Harriet II
Feb 28, 2015

E L O I S E
this shits timeless classic.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

THC posted:

ive never seen a lab with wireless mice (for obv reasons)

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i use the latest magic trackpad and it's pretty good. not sure why you'd get that mouse

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

if you make the mouse work corded while charging then everyone will just use it corded all the time out of laziness instead of cordless as intended.
*extremely flat affect* oh no. anything but that.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
iOS is losing market share to Anroid

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
beheadings for all

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
iphone 5 bestphone still using it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
folks: i have a logitech mouse. not sure the model, its got that funky looking look, you know the one. its shaped like a normal mouse, not a big one. it plugs into my compy, and ive never had to charge or sync it. literally.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
What? Don't lie smythe there's no such thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

folks: i have a logitech mouse. not sure the model, its got that funky looking look, you know the one. its shaped like a normal mouse, not a big one. it plugs into my compy, and ive never had to charge or sync it. literally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsY9dWfxcUQ

• Locked thread