Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Xtanstic posted:

I hate you stupid writers tell Patty gently caress you told hawkgirl in two seconds

Don't worry, she'll be told just in time to be fridged next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Preview: Well, at least they're getting to it and not waiting all season.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Well that was disappointing.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Jay Garrick was better in this episode than the rest of the season combined.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Stealing speed? Knew it, knew it, knew it.

mastajake posted:

Jay Garrick was better in this episode than the rest of the season combined.

Weird how letting him stop being an rear end in a top hat for no reason other than to create drama will do that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought it was a good episode but kind of lacking in oomph for a midseason finale.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Pretty solid episode overall, kind of expected Wally to show up earlier in the episode, but I guess they'll save the family drama for next time. I really hope they don't kill off Patty, she and Barry are really great :ohdear: When is The Flash supposed to come back from break?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Pretty solid episode overall, kind of expected Wally to show up earlier in the episode, but I guess they'll save the family drama for next time. I really hope they don't kill off Patty, she and Barry are really great :ohdear: When is The Flash supposed to come back from break?

3rd week of Jan it looks like.=

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So these shows are running concurrently with LoT? I thought it was gonna be kind of a midseason fillin.

I felt like Liam McIntyre was playing a whole new character tonight, he was a lot more loose and had a lot more energy than his past appearances.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mikeraskol posted:

This is a terrible midseason finale. Why isn't it a Zoom episode?

It looked like it would be, but then it was just stupid poo poo for the whole episode. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man they're really just lazily doing the same bad guy again, aren't they?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

So these shows are running concurrently with LoT? I thought it was gonna be kind of a midseason fillin.

Gonna be DC shows Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And Monday, just not on CW.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

No you see it's different this time because he needs the Flash to get faster to steal his speed and be evil as opposed to getting home.

Also his suit color is different.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
That was a weak mid season finale, but I'm guessing there is not too much more Zoom stuff they could do with more than half the season still to go, and Zoom being so superior to Barry that there is no point in them fighting just yet.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
"Don't let let him take me daddy!"

*yoink*

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I mean... was it ever gonna be anything else?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Zoom is literally throwing trash mobs at Barry to force him to level up and that's hilarious.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Spergatory posted:

Zoom is literally throwing trash mobs at Barry to force him to level up and that's hilarious.

too bad ratcatcher is a batman villain, always gotta start with rats

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's unfortunate that the plan is backfiring by making Barry progressively less effective with every new breacher.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spergatory posted:

This is the plot of a WoW expac.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
This episode was amazing just for this one part:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

I mean... was it ever gonna be anything else?

It's never going to be anything else. The only season villains that make sense are going to be people faster than Barry.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, at least that episode had Snart and Trickster. So it wasn't a total wash.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I legitimately liked the scene with Wally meeting his family. Also, Trickster going "oh no" when he releases he has no leverage with the Flash.

Rest, eh. it felt like a regular episode and not a mid season finale. If they had just left it at the crossovers, which it what i expected, it would have been fine.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

The entire episode seemed built up around Barry telling Patty, especially with the scene with Trickster, and then he just didn't. Weirdly anticlimactic for a mid season final, and now we just know that the Patty secret drama is going to be dragged on forever.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Just finished watching the episode. Did Barry just kind of drop that he knew Harrison Wells was alive in front of Patty at the end?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I legitimately liked the scene with Wally meeting his family. Also, Trickster going "oh no" when he releases he has no leverage with the Flash.

Rest, eh. it felt like a regular episode and not a mid season finale. If they had just left it at the crossovers, which it what i expected, it would have been fine.

This definitely felt like a regular episode. These last two Arrowverse episodes have been rather baffling. Arrow gets a chance to show off its best side to new viewers or those who have dropped the show, and they decide that is a good time to shoe-horn in as much Olicity drama as possible despite it being absent from season four, and the Flash delivers a finale that threw less punches than the average episode did. The Zoom beat down should have been saved for this week if they had nothing else.

Even the trailer for the return episode looks like pretty standard week-to-week fare. I almost get the sense that the writers forgot t to account for the mid season break.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

frgildan posted:

Just finished watching the episode. Did Barry just kind of drop that he knew Harrison Wells was alive in front of Patty at the end?

Patti's gonna figure it out by February at the latest so who cares.

(He did say 'Harry' which was probably an intentional choice by the writers. Plus Barry could be in on the Earth 2 stuff for all she knows.)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

frgildan posted:

Only if Patty knows that they refer to Earth-2 Wells as Harry.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Any episode with Snart owns. And this one has got Mark Hamill.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They should have ended it with Zoom pulling Barry into Earth-2

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Speaking of Earth 2 portals, I love how they are just dumping poo poo into it now. First a psychic gorilla, now exploding presents. Earth 2 must hate Earth 1 super hard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was loving awesome.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Speaking of Earth 2 portals, I love how they are just dumping poo poo into it now. First a psychic gorilla, now exploding presents. Earth 2 must hate Earth 1 super hard.

Probably.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

TyrantWD posted:

This definitely felt like a regular episode. These last two Arrowverse episodes have been rather baffling. Arrow gets a chance to show off its best side to new viewers or those who have dropped the show, and they decide that is a good time to shoe-horn in as much Olicity drama as possible despite it being absent from season four, and the Flash delivers a finale that threw less punches than the average episode did. The Zoom beat down should have been saved for this week if they had nothing else.

The Superheroes Team Up or whatever thing messed up the pacing real bad. Finally, our superhero TV industry has gotten to the point that it can authentically reproduce the experience of corporate-mandated crossover events junking up narrative & character arcs! :allears:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

What is this from?

flosofl posted:

THE COPS HAVE A WEAPON TO NEUTRALIZE THE FLASH!

It's the same weapon they tried to use on the Atom Smasher.

And having played both the TAS Joker and JLU Trickster, Hamill was leaning pretty hard in the Joker direction, otherwise I'd have expected a "Got me again, Flash" at the end.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Also Patty shot Wells a few episodes ago and Joe just tells her to go. I'm wondering if there ever gonna show that conversation? It really feels like something that should have been addressed this epusode. Because last she saw was Harrison Wells bleeding out on the floor. Which would have made him showing up to the West Christmas party really awkward.

My Q-Face posted:

What is this from?

Fringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

My Q-Face posted:

What is this from?

Fringe. You should watch Fringe.

• Locked thread